{'en': 'Type 1 diabetes, how to make normal life?', 'es': 'Diabetes tipo 1, como hacer vida normal??'} Image

Type 1 diabetes, how to make normal life?

fer's profile photo   06/28/2017 11:19 a.m.

Let's see, 20 years less than tobacco, 10 years less than the contamination of the city, 10 for alcohol abuses when I was young, plus the 10 years less for being diabetic ..... fuck I had to be dead already: D: D: d

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
07/13/2021 12:24 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Maybe if, anyone is dead in life and does not know 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 it's joke 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
07/13/2021 1:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

We can live until 98 and die of something totally different from diabetes.
Try to always have the glyd, it does not have for complications

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
07/13/2021 6:25 p.m.

clau said:
I really go from this forum because they are veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy bad wave.@Sherpa41 you can die for bad crossing a street.Meditate, look for inner peace and please do not distil poison

Bad wave to say that you have to fight to investigate more and say that this disease usually has serious side effects even following the very heavy treatment?

It seems to me to be very bad not to accept reality, not want to fight to improve and criticize those who do.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/13/2021 6:29 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Hello, I am diabetic from the 8th and I do not complain so much if many of you had been born in the 80s and you had diabetes you would see how you would not complain so much.

Who wants a normal life with limitations and others spend the day complaining about their situation that is not so much either.Glycemia is not stabilitated in life there are always up and downs.

And diabetes mellitus with 50?It will be lada diabetes and if I am at 300 I do not get depressed, I correct it and point.If I have to go running I get less if I have a paella, I get more if I have to condition the sensor through my arm.Some have no idea of ​​the time we have had to click on the finger we have 38 with this and I hope that there are many more.

Unfortunately, I get down but I correct them by eating and fattening why diabetes does not fatigue the food that we get and sedentary lifestyle.

I am happily married I have 2 teenage daughters and a profession that allows me to live with dignity and I practice sport.And I have achieved all that being diabetic.

And being 300 from time to time you are not going to die, there is no need to be an obsessive with glycemia I have a gycy of 7-7.5 and I am here without complications and I have 38.

Take the reins of your life and see the psychologist if you need it but react because it is pity you will not improve.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
07/18/2021 4:12 p.m.

@Clau is not bad, it is not to be an iluso and accept that it has no cure.That with my almost 50 years, I will not see the healing but if means and more control methods that make diabetes more bearable.

You cannot fight against the disease as such but to claim more studies, subsidies, support and cessation of discrimination in certain jobs.

It is a very frustrating illness but we live with her.There are others, ELA, which have a worse coexistence.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/18/2021 7:26 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

How well Yaiza, I'm glad you carry it well and have no complication after so many years with diabetes.I know what I have read in this forum that others have not had so much luck in terms of complications and they have already reached them. I wish you either have to relive it in another close relative when it is small.Surely your parents didn't have a good time ...

Of course we all know that your life can be the same as that of others and nothing stops you to do anything.

But that said, I repeat, without the intention of offending anyone with what I am going to say, I think that here lies the big problem of diabetes.In the little less than a year that we have lived with diabetes countless people, they have told me good at least it is not cancer, it could be worse ... and I do not fit my head ... I do not compare diseases ...Everyone has their own, but I think diabetes is channeled constant, it is as if it were nothing.

And for now our life and that of our daughter does not look like the one we had before diabetes.Before he slept in each of his grandparents, he ate in the dining room, he stayed under the supervision of any adult ... of course he ate only when he was hungry not at dawn at dawn or to overcome a hypo even if you don't feel like ...Over time I will see it and will do as the rest, perfect, but today is not so ...

And giving thanks that insulin and the rest of the material is subsidized or almost free, but in other countries ... how many people cannot pay insulin and die in the USA, Africa ... I think it should be to demonstrate daily, to raise awareness.Today we are well here, but and in the future ... or the diabetics of other countries do not count for us ...

It gives me the impression that many of the people with diabetes hide under that mantle of, I make my life like the rest, I'm fine ... and in other pathologies there is more struggle to improve ... the conformism that I am seeing meAsque the truth.

I just hope I never resign myself and fight to make visible how hard the beginnings are and that research advances.Let's not please ourselves !!

yaizaj said:
hello I am diabetic of the 8th and I do not complain so much if many of you had been born in the 80s and you had diabetes you would see how you would not complain so much.Who wants a normal life with limitations and others spend the day complaining about their situation that is not so much either.Glycemia is not stabilitza in life there are always ups and downs.It will be lada diabetes and if I am at 300 I do not get depressed, I correct it and point.If I have to go running I get less if I have a paella, I get more if I have to condition the sensor through my arm.Some have no idea of ​​the time we have had to click on the finger we have 38 with this and I hope that there are many more.
Unfortunately, I get down but I correct them by eating and fattening why diabetes does not fatigue the food that we get and sedentary lifestyle.
I am happily married I have 2 teenage daughters and a profession that allows me to live with dignity and I practice sport.And I have achieved all that being diabetic.
And being 300 from time to time you are not going to die, there is no need to be an obsessive with glycemia I have a gycy of 7-7.5 and I am here without complications and I have 38.
Take the reins of your life and see the psychologist if you need it but react because it is pity you will not improve

Isi's profile photo
Isi
07/19/2021 1:12 p.m.

ruthbia said:
@clau is not a bad wave, it is not to be an iluso and accept that it has no cure.That with my almost 50 years, I will not see the healing but if means and more control methods that make diabetes more bearable.

You cannot fight against the disease as such but to claim more studies, subsidies, support and cessation of discrimination in certain jobs.

It is a very frustrating illness but we live with her.There are others, ELA, which have a worse coexistence.

You are 50 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I'm older than you 😜😜😜

andrespmat
07/19/2021 2:05 p.m.

@Isi is not conformism.In my case it is not to spend energies on something that I cannot solve.
There are some people who are with depression for not accepting diabetes and hopeless.They do not find out.

I opted for acceptance to continue and value the 42 years I have lived without diabetes.Turn forward and adapt diabetes to my life.
The first 3 months were difficult but today I make quasi -normal life.With control but the same as the rest of my people.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/19/2021 4:17 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Esq or adapt or throw the towel and then if it is already worse.
Fight, look for solutions?Go out to kick?It will not help you.
It gives thanks to all the advances that there are today, if you as a mother or patient, you would have lived this 40 years ago .... ha !!That was difficult and here we are very much, well and eager to live every day.

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
07/19/2021 4:23 p.m.

🙄🙄

andrespmat
07/19/2021 7:52 p.m.

Diabetes comes like other things that come in life.
It is proven that in the same situation there are people who react with a positive attitude and are happy despite adversity, and there are people who sink.
It may seem cheap philosophy but it is not.We cannot control what comes to us but our attitude.It is no use regret and lament.It is better to separate the negative thoughts that do not lead us to anything and look forward looking for the positive of each day.It serves as a lot, at least it has served me.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
07/19/2021 10:05 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

The diabetic patient has a series of peculiarities that imply special attention in certain situations:

Teeth: Bad glycemia control can lead to problems in the teeth, so they must be reviewed by the dentist at least once a year.Of course, they must maintain proper oral hygiene.
In case of disease: in these types of situations it may be necessary to increase insulin dose, so it will be essential to increase blood glucose and ketonuria controls.If it shows inappropriate or has difficulty swallowing, it will be necessary to feed it with soft, crushed or liquid foods.
Vomiting: In the event that they do not stop, it will be necessary to take it to the hospital, without leaving at any time to administer the corresponding dose of insulin.It can be fed with yogurt or sugary liquids.
Vaccines: You should be vaccinated like all children.
Surgical interventions: The medical team of your diabetic status should be informed, in order to adapt insulin therapy to the conditions of all surgery, such as the fast and subsequent fasting.

rosa3's profile photo
rosa3
07/19/2021 10:12 p.m.

http://www.psicotipsve.com/

I don't think it is either to settle and resign ourselves, it is to accept what there is and continue living life with enthusiasm.When they diagnosed me, I took a tremendous disgust and, for a few months, I took it enough.However, when I found that I could control the part that touched me of the disease and that I had many media and people at my disposal to help me in this task, I began to become aware of how lucky it was really.
@Isi you'll see how you also reach a similar point.And hopefully new advances are coming to all of us.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
07/20/2021 9:41 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

I will make a parallel.

For me diabetes, even if you don't believe it, it's a bit like my friend Raquel.First it is very edge and arisca.We started by chance to leave on the same gang more or less when we were 16, but we were just talking, we were with many people and it was not necessary to know each other well ... we did not put interest to be friends and in principle it was all fine.She was edge and I passed her for not enduring her.This worked until with 18-20 almost all our friends went to study outside and, or we were among us or we were at home bored looking at the ceiling.We had to learn to be friends.Pure survival.

At that stage of our lives we started talking, we met better, we knew what we thought about each other, we could understand why some things that distanced us and thanks to it we got close.And yes, it is still an edge, sometimes I want to send it to shit and there are days that I even do it (and she, the last day we were left, without going any further), but then you remember that in general it isVery good to have it in your life, that helps you be a better person and that you cannot live without it.And 20 years ago, although we fight from time to time, we live and carefully take care of each other.

And yes, diabetes is also a chunga, but since we live together, I have much better than before, I move more and I am aware that I must take care of my body, that we only have one ... that, without diabetes, it would not be so, I'm sure.I would continue eating fried potatoes daily, I wouldn't move half and be about 10 kilos fatter.After confinement even more ...

At first I had a rebel stage and I know that it is sometimes hard to get along with diabetes, but try to think that despite the fact that you have a useless pancreas (in every way) you are still alive and you do it in a country in which it is relativelyEasy care.It is something that will accompany you every day of your life and in this there is no divorce, you have to learn to live with it. put a sensor and with that information know your own body and how you react to emotions, routine changes, changes inClimatology (yes, heat is an & amp;%#%& amp;! ...), to changes in your menstrual cycle and damn hormones that accelerate when you wake up, for example ... ah !!And very important, learn to count hydrates and what are your insulin sensitivity factors at every moment of day and your ratios !With all that, you have the necessary tools to have a normal life.That we are not going to upload Everest either, right?And well, I think some diabetic has done it, so impossible either is hehe

In short, as you have already told you, you have two options ... or accept diabetes or spend a boring life.I am moderately happy with my friend the edge.Diabetes, I say.With Raquel too ... well, when we talk about the last day.With diabetes I fought this afternoon because I didn't go down, but we have already made peace;)

Tam's profile photo
Tam
07/26/2021 4:53 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

yaizaj said:
hello I am diabetic of the 8th and I do not complain so much if many of you had been born in the 80s and you had diabetes you would see how you would not complain so much.

Who wants a normal life with limitations and others spend the day complaining about their situation that is not so much either.Glycemia is not stabilitated in life there are always up and downs.

And diabetes mellitus with 50?It will be lada diabetes and if I am at 300 I do not get depressed, I correct it and point.If I have to go running I get less if I have a paella, I get more if I have to condition the sensor through my arm.Some have no idea of ​​the time we have had to click on the finger we have 38 with this and I hope that there are many more.

Take the reins of your life and see the psychologist if you need it but react because it is improving you will not improve.

You just rejoice the day, I am super stressed the truth and that I have been diabetic ... every time I get up to more than 200 or lower me more than 70, I throw myself with the hair

PhantomSoulless's profile photo
PhantomSoulless
10/07/2021 4:07 a.m.

I read an article that said that anorexia in young diabetics was much superior to that of non -diabetic young people.
This, for me, is simply one more proof that diabetes is very heavy, omnipresent all day and difficult to carry.Total that the mental part is affected.
What to do?In my house, with my diabetic son, our recipe is: discipline at eating all;joy to live;Do not consider DM1 as a disease that we are injected with what do not manufacture;And looking for the way to eat everything even in a different way.
Greetings :)

evacf's profile photo
evacf
10/10/2021 7:08 a.m.

vanessa30 said:
esq or adapt or throw the towel and then if it is getting worse.
Fight, look for solutions?Go out to kick?It will not help you.
It gives thanks to all the advances that there are today, if you as a mother or patient, you would have lived this 40 years ago .... ha !!That was difficult and here we are very much, well and eager to live every day.

That's right, I debuted 39 A, with 10 A, in 82, and you cannot imagine how we controlled and how the treatments were, your soul fell to your feet.I have already said it many times, the glucometers began, the controls were very occasionallyNothing to see.So, of course we complain and there are days that are uphill, especially when we have so much tpo with this (I have more than twice my life with diabetes, I do not think that I did not have it, it is something inherent toMe more with her than without her), but here there are two ways of reacting, one you complain, you are wound and crazy (something that usually happens in adolescence, it happened to me), or there comes a time when you have to takeThe reins of your life if you want to live acceptably well and enjoy.There is no more.It is a stitch and you have to take care of yourself and more when you have been in diabetes like me for many years, we do not work, but taking care of yourself is not synonymous with overwhelm, I do not care, there are days that I jumped the norm butIt is something punctual and I try to correct later, elite athletes have to take care of and follow very strict guidelines and live their life, of course they have chosen it and we do not, but it is what has touched us and it is already and or bitter or bitterYou live.I have a controlled and stabilized retinopathy for almost 20 years and my vision is practically 100 p 100, the result of those deficient controls of the principle and the madness and mosques of my adolescence, here I am, taking care of myself as much as possible to.Follow at least the same.
Those who start now, nothing to do with then so that it is much easier, it is still a whore but it is infinitely better.So without losing realism, you have to be consistent with what we have and enjoy !!

meginer's profile photo
meginer
10/10/2021 11:21 a.m.

I have been just over three years, much less than many of you.But I have achieved, even with some effort the truth, to do exactly, well, well, the same life that before.
I have not varied at all my gym routines and food is the same.Of course, I count the rations now.At first, if I took something extra that required carbohydrates and I had to put insulin, the truth avoided it.Not anymore.Without excesses.But for example, I love German wheat beer.And the glass is half a liter!Before I had my beer and my pancreas generated insulin and without problems.At the beginning of diabetes I stopped having beer.A nonsense.On weekends when I feel like my beer, as before, I wear my two insulin units, which I have proven that I need in my case, and I enjoy my wheat beer as before.You don't have to feel bad or guilty to get insulin when it takes.I recognize that I have taken a while to realize.It is a disease that does not truce, I say that it is very tired.If you neglect, put the leg and even trying to do it well, there are days that you put the leg or do not understand anything, and sometimes that despairs you.But well, it is what there is, and there are enough diseases that are much harder to carry and complicated than diabetes.
All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
10/10/2021 1:40 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I hate the term / there are worse diseases, of course, and there are those who live in the street and there are those who commit suicide and those who die of ungrateI can't with that and there are worse, let's look at those who are better and not worse, if not we are going to go ✋✋✋✋✋ greetings

andrespmat
10/10/2021 1:46 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.