{'en': 'Type 1 diabetes, how to make normal life?', 'es': 'Diabetes tipo 1, como hacer vida normal??'} Image

Type 1 diabetes, how to make normal life?

fer's profile photo   06/28/2017 11:19 a.m.

I have read you all and there are many cases in what I am increasing but in others I do not.The first years are difficult if but I speak for me and if I lead a normal life.I do not let me overwhelm or insulin controls.I always carry my insulin in my bag and as anyone does, I go to the beach and if it touches tortilla sandwich ... why not?Or paella !!We have ultrarapid insulin who burn those hydrates.After 36 years with diabetes I have no complication, hemo of 7 for 2 years, because now being lower means hypoglycemia that no longer agree.I have had twins and although it has been a very very very controlled pregnancy, I have been able to do it.I speak of me of course and I understand the frustration that diabetes may suppose;But it is part of us and we have to live with her, so to adapt and continue.
By the way, I have read that some carry the refrigerated bolis, I never because it is a lot of heat is not necessary.

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
09/14/2019 9:49 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Normal life? ... and shit !!!
(So ​​far my post comment)

sllf's profile photo
sllf
09/14/2019 12:32 p.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!
Última HBA1C: 6,5% (después de muchos años en 9%)

And said that, I briefly tell you apologies in case someone felt offended.
After 30 years with this damn disease, today I have the "most normal life" possible under my experience.I have a bomb and MCG and all day I still have the level of glycemia (normal life);I have to correct blood glucose levels, either by rises or declines, at least 4 or 5 times (normal life);I have to calculate hydrates, proteins and fats every time as because everything affects (normal life);I have to contain or force myself to eat in many occasions a day (normal life);Change Cateter every 3 days which means losing at least 15-20 minutes and where you catch you (normal life);Change sensor every 7 days, if you go well, losing at least 2 hours of your time that, in addition, you are without glycemic measurements (normal life);And I don't talk about having a 41%disability, but I know it is not running and ready, it is running and headed with glucose levels (normal life).
And, today, I thank God because before almost dying, Social Security agreed to finance both the bomb and the MCG.
So, I reiterate in my previous post asking for apologies in advance:
Normal life? ... and shit !!

sllf's profile photo
sllf
09/14/2019 1:15 p.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!
Última HBA1C: 6,5% (después de muchos años en 9%)

Hi Solararia, pretty.When 30 years ago they told me that I had diabetes, the world became black.But the little time I was admitted-and also my brothers-they convinced me that I could almost make normal life.In fact, many of my friends, colleagues and acquaintances have not known him until he has given me a hiccup or I have had to tell him.Before and then I have always done a lotand the glucometer.In your bag, pocket, fannya or whatever, you have to carry the 3 things.In summer, every day I do some swimming and during the year 3/4 Paddle games a week;sex ... is private and we all have less than desired.Of course, you do not spend with supershrestrict diets or the opposite with Christmas comilones.Live life as much as you can: there is only one and you have to enjoy it to the fullest.Cheer up

EduardoPM's profile photo
EduardoPM
09/15/2019 12:45 p.m.

I like and prefriero see the optimistic and positive comments in the forum but I read what @sllf writes and I feel totally identified and see that with diabetes I have done everything (ravines, rafting, bridge, paragliding etc ..) but there are noNot normal in our life, as one day said @jconegar we are a 2-legged calculator and we are 24 hours a day with the backpack in tow.-
For me a normal life would be to do the most basic one that anyone can do, I do not speak of anything extraordinary, simply get about working or studying, eating and after eating if I feel like putting on my shoes and going to take a 2 -hour walk withMy headphones and my favorite music to lower that food, you see, this extraordinary I think it doesn't have much not ..?Well nobody better than everyone to know the calculations, bowling, ratios+ what you have to carry up in case we have hypo and that with the MCG and flash we have it much easier but what is said, is an activity ofThe most "normal" of a "normal" life that for us has little "normal" ...

Each@ we get it better or worse but it has little normal.- The title had to be changed and putting a "normal" medium "...;)

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/15/2019 12:47 p.m.

We leave it in normal life.
Having to take care of it happens to us all and I tell you a hypertension case:
My boy and mother are hypertensive, they take their pills and still have episodes in which they raise their tension without any reason and get dizzy, they get fatal.

The tension have to be measured several times a day and if it is above 18 to go to the emergency room.They are as slaves as us and without a solution because they do not know why weeks without episodes spend and one day they suddenly get fatal doing the same usual routine.

My mother that relatively older but my boy is a athlete and the fear of these episodes limits her life.

So we leave the post in normal life with control.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/15/2019 2:28 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

sigsauer said:
I like and prefriero see the optimistic and positive comments in the forum but I read what @sllf writes and I feel totally identified and see that I have done everything with diabetes (Barrancos, Rafting, bridge, paragliding etc ..) But there is nothing normal in our life, as one day said @jconegar we are a 2-legged calculator and we are 24 hours a day with the backpack in tow.-
For me a normal life would be to do the most basic one that anyone can do, I do not speak of anything extraordinary, simply get about working or studying, eating and after eating if I feel like putting on my shoes and going to take a 2 -hour walk withMy headphones and my favorite music to lower that food, you see, this extraordinary I think it doesn't have much not ..?Well nobody better than everyone to know the calculations, bowling, ratios+ what you have to carry up in case we have hypo and that with the MCG and flash we have it much easier but what is said, is an activity ofThe most "normal" of a "normal" life that for us has little "normal" ...

Each@ we get it better or worse but it has little normal.- The title had to be changed and putting a "normal" medium "..;)

I think like you, Normal life nothing.I will not look at others if they are the same or worse.Diabetes will not stop me but no normal life.

Is it as if I get the time because I take it in the cancer genes, will I think it could be worse?Well no, I think I could do the same thing I do now easily.

Let us not compare that there are people the same or worse.Our life is not normal totally and if we do anything but with more complication.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/15/2019 6:44 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Diabetes is doing well.
And what happens when you don't have a normal life?I have about 4 different life routines;Changes of schedules, food, sleep guidelines, more or less exercises, etc.And in all my lives "I am very diabetic."

solaria's profile photo
solaria
09/15/2019 7:54 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

What is normal?For me normal is diabetes.If you (without referring to anyone in particular) want it to not have to think about the hydrates you eat and have type 1 diabetes, sorry for you, you will suffer.The sooner you accept that this is your normality better.For other people, normal will be other things.Better or worse?In most cases it depends on how we manage it.I don't say it's not a roll, shit.But who has no shit in your life?How many times do we use it of excuse and how many prevents us from doing something we want?Compare is of no use, or think too much.We must try to live with what we have and develop all possible resources to be the best possible, relativize, and accept that this is what there is, whether or not "normal."

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
09/16/2019 4:56 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

I totally agree @maritxu22 you cannot fight against impossible.You have to accept it and take it as well as possible.The good days for the bad.
What did you live better without diabetes?Of course, 42 years enjoying, the best, the change arrived and you have to adapt.Menopause will also come and we will have to accept and suffer a season until it is acclimatized.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/17/2019 7:57 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

What for one is a normal life for another is not.Everyone we see normality in a way.For me it is normal to calculate insulin when I am going to eat, get controls, be aware of glucose when I exercise ... for another that will not be, but it will be another thing that is not for me.
I agree with @maritxu22 and @ruthbia that in life you have to adapt to what touches us and take it normally.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/17/2019 3:56 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Who has to go to dialysis sees your normal life?Who does it have to be treated one day yes and another also sees your normal life?
I adapt to my illness and what comes, but my life is not normal I have it clear.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
09/19/2019 5:39 p.m.

Normal life is what healthy people do, the freedom we had all the diabetics before debut, eat what you want at any time of the day, play sports when you want, go out of party without having to do glucose controls, Sleeping all night without being pending glycemia, taking the car without looking at you, etc, etc., I don't want to be a heavy, I think we all know, our life does not look anything like when we had no diabetes, almost all we wantTake care and we do so, with much sacrifice and depriving us many things, if you call this normal life,

Marybe  Days's profile photo
Marybe Days
09/19/2019 9:59 p.m.

I bet my entire life and everything I have for those people who are convinced to lead a "normal life" would leave everything to have a life without diabetes, we did not look, why we carry diabetes we will never be normal and notThere is only one person who prefers to keep his life with diabetes rather than having a life without diabetes.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
09/19/2019 11:57 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

The last comment I think does not understand what it has wanted to say.Of course I would prefer not to have diabetes.But we cannot choose not to have it, so our normality is diabetes.The one that Celiaquia has its normality is not to take gluten.He who has another irritable intestine.Food allergies.Anxiety.The situation that is, of health or another!
There are thousands of ways to live and face life that are normal, each with their circumstances.The ideal situation exists when you accept your real situation and from there you enjoy and fight to be the best possible.
That in general, then each person is different and has their stages, experiences, etc., with or without diabetes.
But come on, I know many people without diabetes who don't eat what he wants, does not do sports when he wants, and that he doesn't sleep well.And they are normal people.And I consider to see what is normal, and it depends on whoever you ask.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
09/21/2019 3:59 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Really, I ardo when reading some comments from here and I can't believe that there are people who are so negative.I have type 1 diabetes and I'm 27 yearssense that you always live alert, watching you, etc., but if you take it with philosophy you can lead a normal life, but not great.

And remember, normal people are all, diabetics, disabled, who do not have any disease, people with cancer ... no one is above or below normal.

Jotabono's profile photo
Jotabono
09/21/2019 10:58 a.m.

I think we are mixing the concepts in this thread whose title says: Type 1 diabetes as "make normal life ..?I think that I think terms are being mixed.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/21/2019 11:43 a.m.

Then to the question, how to make normal life !!My answer is accepting what we have without depriving ourselves to enjoy everything we like in life (there will be those who, for other reasons not derived from diabetes, cannot do it).
Live and live that life is short and is not worth sitting to cry sorry for oneself

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
09/21/2019 3:15 p.m.

I have been with diabetes for 25 years and I have not managed to have a normal life.If one day I can tell you

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/21/2019 6:45 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

ajm said:
hello @"jpr" ... thanks for your words and for your mood, you are right ... I'm going to see if we are to this beast ... Thank you ...A kiss

Everything depends that you want to understand for normal life each one has a different concept, the only thing that with diabetes if you can make a more or less normal life, that is, doing activities, work, etc. Diabetes only affects food, does not limit breathing,heart operation, etc etc
There are famous people, athletes, politicians, actors, (ton hans) etc etc. who live with diabetes and live

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/22/2019 10:16 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.