{'en': 'Type 1 diabetes, how to make normal life?', 'es': 'Diabetes tipo 1, como hacer vida normal??'} Image

Type 1 diabetes, how to make normal life?

fer's profile photo   06/28/2017 11:19 a.m.

Well
As I told you I make the same life as before.And diabetes, for the moment, is permanent.

Years ago I would be raising Malvas!So I don't complain the truth
All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
10/10/2021 1:54 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I had no diabetes on the contrary 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
10/10/2021 9:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I return to clarify.It is a disease of m ....... but not accepting it is living worse !!!!If they could develop something new, which in fact they do, it would be much better.
I live in Argentina.Insulins enter but you are lucky !!!!!Abbott's sensors here are the first and fail.That is the only option.I pay my fingers 6 times per day.And sigoooooooooooooooo.I have one of the prepaid that does not make problems but others do not accept insulin changes.
So I value my effort to give this chronicle not to leave.
Covid vaccines that you do not accept and throw forward.They are lucky.It is not envy, that is, we spend the same thing with the same.

Clau's profile photo
Clau
10/11/2021 5:04 a.m.

Diabetes Lada 1 desde 2018
Toujeo 16 U
Fiasp según conteo de CH
HG 6.5%
Freestyle

After almost four years with the diagnosis of type 1 diabetes I can say that it is possible to lead a quality life, a good life that is worth living, but definitely a normal life is not.
I think that after a hard time I have accepted what this condition implies and I carry a comfortable lifestyle with my insulin, exercise and low hydrates diet.Diabetes is already part of me and how this is the only life I have, I will try to live it.

Vicky Bu's profile photo
Vicky Bu
10/11/2021 8:38 p.m.

Diabetes 1 LADA desde enero 2018
Antes mal diagnosticada como Tipo 2
Toujeo y Humalog Junior
A1c: 6.0

The truth is that with some thread responses the girl I don't know how she doesn't consider throwing himself out the window ...
The poor look for support, the one that sometimes we are looking for.There are ways and ways of saying things ...
What is shit to be diabetic and fat?Well yes ... but let's see you can live.
I am a diabetic since the age of 4, I have 35. I have gusts good animically and other bad.Always without leaving the obligations huh?
My diabetes is very labile and requires arduous control.Constantly (until night and early) I have to be correcting, taking something ...
Even so, my control is not the desired one.I fight a lot, very much and sometimes the result disappoints me a lot, when others for whatever, less careful are impeccable.
With all this ... with all my bad days, although there are days that I can no longer the balance is good.I make a life that I consider "good", normal, I don't know ...
I work, I have my leisure ...
What are many things that I have to sacrifice?What do I have to always be aware?What do I have to be loaded with all the bártulos?What do I always have my schedule? ... yes.There are times that I would send everything to shit ... but surely as this girl we all have people who help us what they can and try to understand each other ...
We have to continue, no matter how much we are numbers, that all this is a business, etc ... and friend if you need to go to a psychologist from an association, see.No problem!
And if you need to contact someone when the day has been a fiasco, you send me a private.We are here!This is "smiles and tears"

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
10/12/2021 6:46 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

It is not about being thrown out the window, it is that to see is what there is, what has touched us or call it as you want.
The point is that no matter how much regret, it will not get it to go better.
The goal is to accept diabetes above all and try not to suffer, but to live.
My goal is to reach 100 and not die because of my diabetes.
Every day I get up and go out happy, and I have like any human being;I've never let me can.

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
10/12/2021 8:34 p.m.

Hello, I am a diabetic since the age of 9 and now I have 35 a few years ago ... I have always taken it great and within what I have always been able to make a normal life.A few months ago I had a big hiccup until I have used glucagon and my head made a radical change with this.I think if you know how to recommend a forum or somewhere for k they will help me ... any information would be great.Thank you

Lidiii's profile photo
Lidiii
10/13/2021 4:06 p.m.

lidiii said:
I am diabetic since the age of 9 and now I have 35 a few years ago ... I have always taken it great and within what I have always possible to make a lifenormal.A few months ago I had a big hiccup until I have used glucagon and my head made a radical change with this.I think if you know how to recommend a forum or somewhere for k they will help me ... any information would be great.Thanks

Do you mean that you are scared now ... or have you been down the serious hypo?
Think that you don't have to spend more.Do you use sensors?This will give you greater peace of mind and anticipate you taking more time to react.

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
10/13/2021 4:09 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

silviagrz said:
lidiii said:
hello I am diabetic since the age of 9 and now I have 35 a few years ago ... I have always taken itGreat and within what I have always been able to make a normal life.A few months ago I had a big hiccup until I have used glucagon and my head made a radical change with this.I think if you know how to recommend a forum or somewhere for k they will help me ... any information would be great.Thanks

Do you mean that you are scared now ... or have you been down the serious hypo?
Think that you don't have to spend more.Do you use sensors?This will give you greater peace of mind and anticipate you taking more time to react.

If Silvia I mean that, now I am super scared.Luckily I carry sensors and when I see the arrow down I panic.It will be an internal work that I will have to work.Thanks

Lidiii's profile photo
Lidiii
10/13/2021 9:46 p.m.

@Lidiii It is normal for you to be scared, it is a trauma that carries its duel.But look at the positive side, in 24 years you have not had any serious event, so you do it phenomenal.

When I started 6 years ago I was afraid of hypoglycemia, I had a high blood glucose to avoid them, 150-160 mg/dl.Now I am more fair, I have taken confidence, hahaha, and knowing my body, sensors and how to act in each case I have not had hypoglycemia months ago.

Change the alarms of liebreview or diabox to a bit higher thresholds to eat something when Piten, for example, Diabox can let you know when the trend (arrows) changes knowing what you have eaten, if you are exercising or whatever, you canreact without haste.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/14/2021 11:16 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I needed to vent, explain it and be able to talk to people who I know they will understand me.Infinite thanks

Lidiii's profile photo
Lidiii
10/14/2021 3:43 p.m.

I have been in the short time I have been in, I see that my life has changed although I think it can be taken.

Now I have to monitor what the quantities, carrying a routine, with similar days I have disparity of glycemia and still seem incredible that eating only one apple came to put myself in 230.

I think that everything focuses on how you take it, it is what there is or assume it and throw forward or sink and stagnates, you choose.

Of the subject Hipos, @lidiii I understand you but I think that if you have been so many years, controlling it well you do not have to come down for a failure more if you have managed to identify it so that it does not happen to you and this tells you someone who does not feel the hypos, that I have been in 50 without noticing anything, unlike Hiper that if I notice them strong, I am a rare case.

I have seen Ketoadapted people who have the line in 45 or less and is so pancha so if you carry a meter and see that you go down from 80 with the arrow down you eat something and control yourself and surely you will take confidence again.

Colt's profile photo
Colt
10/14/2021 4:03 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde enero 2021.
Insulina Toujeo 10 u dia, Crestor 1 u dia.
A1C: 5,7 % Agosto 2021

@Lidiii, the same thing happened to you, but I was unconscious.
One was sleeping at home, my mother punctured me glucagon and not reacting to the hospital.
There with glucose serum I woke up right away.
I know that it is easy to say that you do not scare yourself, but to type 1 this is that happens.
The mine was with insulin Actrapid, it was not even one of the rapids that we have now.
Look that I only had glucometer and fair strips (perhaps 2 or 3 maximum per day).
Nothing happened, it was an "anecdote" for me, something that remained on that day and continued that same night making my normal dinner and clicking the insulin that touched me.
Do not be afraid, I always say that insulin gives us life and we need it.
Do not let that negative thought overwhelm and do not macate mentally.
Make your life as always and think that now with the sensor and ultra -granted insulins, it is much easier.

vanessa30
10/14/2021 4:12 p.m.

vanessa30 said:
@lidiii, it has happened to me the same as you., But I was unconscious.
One was sleeping at home, my mother punctured me glucagon and not reacting to the hospital.
There with glucose serum I woke up right away.
I know that it is easy to say that you do not scare yourself, but to type 1 this is that happens.
The mine was with insulin Actrapid, it was not even one of the rapids that we have now.
Look that I only had glucometer and fair strips (perhaps 2 or 3 maximum per day).
Nothing happened, it was an "anecdote" for me, something that remained on that day and continued that same night making my normal dinner and clicking the insulin that touched me.
Do not be afraid, I always say that insulin gives us life and we need it.
Do not let that negative thought overwhelm and do not macate mentally.
Make your life as always and think that now with the sensor and ultra -granted insulins, it is much easier.

Aixxx thanks to everyone, I really have always tried to take super positive with better and worse days but I never came down basically because that is no use.We live once and we only have two paths and chose the usual strong ... but now it took me in low moments ... I will continue working my head and transmit that nothing happens ... infinite thanks

Lidiii's profile photo
Lidiii
10/14/2021 7:16 p.m.

@Lidiii is, always forward and that demotivation does not take over you.
Nothing happens, they are gajes of the trade that we have.
All the best

vanessa30
10/14/2021 7:20 p.m.

100 years ago it was a more complicated pelin to be D1
Link insulina-20210119172517.html

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
10/14/2021 7:30 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

vanessa30 said:
@lidiii is, always forward and that demotivation does not take over you.
Nothing happens, they are gajes of the trade that we have.
GREETING

The truth is what touches us but what a scare you had ... what is true that you have to move on 💪.We are brave 💙

Lidiii's profile photo
Lidiii
10/14/2021 7:34 p.m.

@Alberto_13 Hell for those who had it.
@Lidiii well it is still a pleasant experience, but surpassed.
Courage 😀

vanessa30
10/14/2021 7:46 p.m.

alberto_13 said:
100 years ago was a more complicated pelin to be D1

Complicated?It was infinitely simpler, you would die and now.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/14/2021 8:02 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

sherpa41 said:
alberto_13 said:
100 years ago was a more complicated pelin to be D1

Complicated?It was infinitely simpler, you would die and now.

They say it was faster than any of the most aggressive cancers, my feeling is that every time I put the insulin, it is similar to the rest of when you have reached the shore, "I'm already safe"

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
10/14/2021 8:25 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.