{'en': 'Good from Madrid.10 years with uncontrolled diabetes, up to 11.2 glycosilada.', 'es': 'Buenas desde Madrid. 10 años con diabetes descontrolada, hasta 11,2 de glicosilada.'} Image

Good from Madrid.10 years with uncontrolled diabetes, up to 11.2 glycosilada.

felinol's profile photo   05/23/2022 7:56 p.m.

wave said:
In case it helps, I tell you my case: 66 years, 64 kg.Strong sport since always, 18 marathons I have run, more than 120,000 km.In bike, mountain marine marine marine, Alps, Dolomitas .... Anyway, I have not stopped for more than 40 years.Obviously he ate everything and eager.Well 4 years ago and after fasting 3 analytics greater than 120 they tell me that I am diabetic, but that they do not explain my way of life and that since type 1 give the face in adolescence ... I must be type2. They prescribe metformin and give me a food plan to which I really did little attention.The meals I made were completely healthy and balanced.A year, in the review, they are discharged from endocrinology and that from then on I will control my head doctor in Madrid.Only with metformin.

3 years ago, when I was preparing the cycle of the Lagos de Covadonga, I spent the 2 months of specific training drinking, urinating and eating that it was not normal.And losing weight exaggeratedly: I stayed at 58 kg, that is, 7 kg less than my usual weight.I finished the test, but it took a total of 20 'more than the previous year and with bad sensations.It gave the chance that I had a medical appointment at the 2 days of finishing it and when commenting on it the symptoms made a capillary and gave ..... Higt, that is, more than 600. I wanted to send me directly to Ramón and Cajal, but I managed toConvince her that I, except for thirst and urine, was not so bad.Total, he made me 16 quickly and sent me slowly every night going down every week until at the end, the glycosilada of 13 had dropped to 7.5 and withdrew the insulin.Of course, except the first week after the scare I kept doing sports although a little distressed, really.He prohibited it absolutely until he regularized me, but except to lower the intensity I did not pay much.

I visited a private and, after analytics, he told me that it was neither type 1 nor 2, which was 1.5 or lada.I began to investigate and, not to get bored more, I tell you how I am currently: for 2 years diet Low Carb, which, except very very exceptions, I do not break.Flour, pasta, rice, bread .... Out of my life.And it is a sacrifice, yes.Last glycosylated 5.4.I returned to Social Security and after seeing the header doctor and with respect to insulin: slow: 16u Tresiva at night, fast: 2.5 Humalog breakfast, 3 food, 2.5 dinner.A few days ago they just granted in C. Madrid, the Freestyle 2 patch after paying for a year.

Likewise, and in case someone serves as a reference: I only make 3 meals except strong training like this weekend, which I rose by bike morcuera 3 times and preserve-navacerrada, total about 160 km.In these cases, I carry 2 Protheic bars of 11 gr of carbo each for each day.And water at pleasure.

Complement that I estimate a certain lack of vitamins due to the non -ingestion of fruit, with 1 daily pill of a multivitamin.

Daily breakfast: generous handful of peeled nuts, half cucumber, half avocado small, bowl of zucchini with leek and 1/4 cheese, cheese slide with 2 slices ham, slice tomato, oil and 4 turkey slices, half a cup of milkWith coffee.

Daily food: a few fried almonds, which I love, can mussels or glasses or anchovies, vegetables (400 gr of spinach, chard, cauliflower, green beans, always seasoned only with extra virgin olive oil and vinegar, paprika ... etc.Almost no salt.

Daily dinner: 2 or 3 lettuce leaves depends on the size, half cucumber, olives, 2 tomato slices and as protein, well turkey sausages, tuna can, 3 turkey slices or york ham always with composition close to 90% ofbase food and with thelower amount of attachments possible.

By the way, as a partner indicated, I fed potatoes again with the trick after cooking them, putting them in the fridge a few hours.Little, but something like potato tortilla, Russian salad ..... a joy.

And so we are today.General analytics almost of non -diabetic person.Of course, during the week, except exceptions, I do physical exercise.45 'Force, 50' Spinning and 15 'Core.Being retired has its advantages, of course ...

I understand that this type of life is not for someone who, for whatever reason, cannot be so strict, but the same thing is good.I do not think that it does anyone adapting it to their possibilities, of course.

A hug to all and much encouragement and willpower.

Hello, you leave me with stone.What willpower.
Your treatment is quite similar to mine: 9 units of Toujeo in the morning and Humalog 1.5 for breakfast, 1.5 for dinner and zero in food.I try not to go from 8 rations of HC
I do much less sport than you.My intrigue is how you endure so much sport with those hydrates that you take, I fall into hypoglycemia to the minimum.
1 hour of walking 50 glucose points.To make 8 km today I have breakfast 3.5 rations of HC without putting myself fast insulin and 2 hours later, almost ending, I was already falling, I had to take a banana and a slice of bread put turkey.Two hours later, again for the soils, I have taken some cherries before eating.
To make my yoga hour, I have to take a tangerine.
I do not include fruit in my meals, the reserve for bailouts, which happen to me very often.I do not get to hypoglycemia because Free warns me before.
I am very cowardly, I have renounced an excursion with friends to make the route of the headlights because I see myself lying in the middle of the stage or eating all the activated one, I do not dare.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
05/29/2022 8:29 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Salad, I think your "factories" more insulin than me.Or that your pancreatic reserves are not so exhausted and you need less exogenous.I would not know how to explain how I do.If an hour of walking was lowered 50 points, I would have to wear a backpack full of food in each exit, hehehehe.What I know is that if I do something more "anaerobic" than "aerobic" I get glucose.As an example, today in the hard sections of Puerto, Diabox indicated that it was around 120/140, while in less demanding sections I was hovering the 95/110.

Only once I have had a hypo by finishing a route and I solved it with an envelope of those that sell in the Mercadona: they are 32 gr.of which 43% are glucose, that is 13 gr.for overlap.I took only half and arranged.It is what I have as "rescue" just in case, but I have only used it on one occasion.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
05/29/2022 8:53 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

You get it stabilize very well despite the demanding exercise.I have it less controlled, my values ​​fluctuate a lot when I get out of the routines.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
05/29/2022 9:16 p.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@ensalada, willn't it be slow?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/30/2022 3:34 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@salad, will not be slow?

My slow needs are changing.I have been putting 11 for a few days because if not, I got up with 140. Now with 9 the night I spent well and the day a little axfisiada.The nurse told me that with heat the low blood glucose and there is less need for insulin.
I will observe it and adjust, the truth is that I do not have a week in a row with the same values, it is crazy.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
05/30/2022 1:10 p.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

polaris said:

As you have told you before, low diet in hydrates and you will see how even more.And then there is the love you have yourself.

Well, you're right in everything but in the last sentence of "wanting yourself", it seems very hard.I suppose that the situation of each person, their education, their surroundings, their circumstances, etc. define the motivation of the individual to overcome the challenges posed by life.For me the main word is "motivation", I know a lotthose that nobody loves them.

felinol's profile photo
felinol
05/30/2022 2:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

wave said:
salad, I think your "factories" more insulin than me.Or that your pancreatic reserves are not so exhausted and you need less exogenous.I would not know how to explain how I do.If an hour of walking was lowered 50 points, I would have to wear a backpack full of food in each exit, hehehehe.What I know is that if I do something more "anaerobic" than "aerobic" I get glucose.As an example, today in the hard sections of Puerto, Diabox indicated that it was around 120/140, while in less demanding sections I was hovering the 95/110.

Only once I have had a hypo by finishing a route and I solved it with an envelope of those that sell in the Mercadona: they are 32 gr.of which 43% are glucose, that is 13 gr.for overlap.I took only half and arranged.It is what I have as "rescue" just in case, but I have only used it on one occasion.

Hello good...

Like almost all the forums where I arrive, I see that people are super informed, I see that I have spent 10 years with too much ignorance ... for example, I read that you put 9 units of insulin, and if nobody had told me that someone wouldHe puts 9 units I would not see it as a possible amount, my daily dose is 80-100.Nine units is to give the button and that in 0.5 seconds the plunger has finished moving.I always told my doctors the units that I put on and nobody ever told me that it was a barbarity.In fact, with threehiba the doctor told me "This is better than Toujeo because you can get more than 80 of a single puncture, and therefore it is better not to have to struggle twice.

On the other hand, IsabelBota, you talked about you had the peptide C for the soils, then you also talk about insulin reserves ... and I just found out how important this concept for which we have type 2 diabetes.Of my 400 analysis I only have data from this indicator in one of them, which was in 2019, I was 2.67.That fact was not bad, right? ... I guess I should see it in each analysis to see if I keep the reservations, right?

Thank you all and greetings

felinol's profile photo
felinol
05/30/2022 3:11 p.m.

@Felinol I would ask for at least once a year the level of Pepid C. is directly proportional to the insulin reserve, the more you have, the less insulin you should need because your body uses the endogena plus the exogenous you put on.

In my personal opinion, nothing qualified because I am not a degree in medicine, if I believe that a type 2 diabetic should not use 80-100 units of slow.Something is not well scheduled.
In my case I use 12 units of toujeo and fast insulin in meals;In the seasons that I move less I have used 22 units the time and my peptide C is almost 0 (not to lie 0.35 the last time)

You should motivate yourself and have a little willpower to lower carbohydrates from your diet and move, simply a walk as we have commented.You will quickly see the evolution of your glycemia and your weight.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/30/2022 6:34 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@felinol @ruthbia
Insulin needs depend on weight and resistance to it.
The resistance issue is typical of overweight type 2, especially.Although there are resistance cases in type 1, it is more rare.
Of course, 100 units seems a lot, I get 8 ... but the topic weight and resistance influences barbarity, so each case is different.I have no resistance but the pancreas does not go, so in the end my diabetes is like a type 1.
Regarding the C ...
He did the end of me at the beginning and he does not plan to do it anymore ... if I ask for it I do not know what I would tell me, but next year I will try (which would already be for 2024 PQ in the analysis of 2023 nois requested ... 🙄🙄)
Felinol, indeed if you lose weight, you will significantly reduce the exogenous amount of insulin, more in your case than the C peptide is fine.When the fat leaving that is what creates resistance, your insulin works well.But you have to be careful because you do it too much (with resistance manufactures more than normal) can be exhausted and there is no back ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/30/2022 8:01 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
@felinol @ruthbia
The resistance issue is typical of overweight type 2, especially.Although there are resistance cases in type 1, it is more rare.
Of course, 100 units seems a lot, I get 8 ... but the topic weight and resistance influences barbarity, so each case is different.I have no resistance but the pancreas does not go, so in the end my diabetes is like a type 1.
Regarding the C ...
He did the end of me at the beginning and he does not plan to do it anymore ... if I ask for it I do not know what I would tell me, but next year I will try (which would already be for 2024 PQ in the analysis of 2023 nois requested ... 🙄🙄)
Felinol, indeed if you lose weight, you will significantly reduce the exogenous amount of insulin, more in your case than the C peptide is fine.When the fat leaving that is what creates resistance, your insulin works well.But you have to be careful because you do it too much (with resistance manufactures more than normal) can be exhausted and there is no back ...

Thanks Ruthbia, thanks Isabelbota !!!

Yes, my resistance is too high and is based on the overweight and also to put insulin to sport for so many years.But I thought that those who put little were magnitudes of 30-40, I did not think there were so many people that with controlled diabetes there were less than 10.

I understand then that if I have the peptide C in normal medium values, it is an extra motivation to know that it is more importantinefficiently and depleting reservations ... which makes everything complicate.

felinol's profile photo
felinol
05/30/2022 8:18 p.m.

felinol said:
Isabelbota said:
@felinol @ruthbia
Regarding the C ...

Thanks Ruthbia, thanks Isabelbota !!!

Yes, my resistance is too high and is based on the overweight and also to put insulin to sport for so many years.But I thought that those who put little were magnitudes of 30-40, I did not think there were so many people that with controlled diabetes there were less than 10.

I understand then that if I have the peptide C in normal medium values, it is an extra motivation to know that it is more importantinefficiently and depleting reservations ... which makes everything complicate.

Your pancreas works at all rag more than by levels (which also) because having excess fat it counteracts the effect of insulin, the body does not detect it and produces more.That is, this is the motivation to lose fat, that the pancreas work less.You have to walk (which also decreases insulin resistance) and helps lose weight.Apart from glycemia to most of us (there are always exceptions).
I remember one day at the beginning that I got up at 217 after days getting out well.I went to walk like crazy and in an hour I arrived home at 130. It was a winter day, Sunday, 7 in the morning and less 4 degrees.There was no God on the street and it was night.I felt an unfortunate but then I was glad.
It has not happened to me again, since I am medicated in two weeks I already managed to get up well (I have had hyperglycemia by day, for some excess, but none when I get up).If I spent a day now, now that I have fast ... I am not sure that I repeated the icy walk of that day, I think it would put 2 units of fast.But I tell you so you can see the effect of walking on glycemia (and you don't have fast 😉)

isabelbota
05/30/2022 9:33 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:

Your pancreas works at all rag more than by levels (which also) because having excess fat it counteracts the effect of insulin, the body does not detect it and produces more.That is, this is the motivation to lose fat, that the pancreas work less.You have to walk (which also decreases insulin resistance) and helps lose weight.Apart from glycemia to most of us (there are always exceptions).
I remember one day at the beginning that I got up at 217 after days getting out well.I went to walk like crazy and in an hour I arrived home at 130. It was a winter day, Sunday, 7 in the morning and less 4 degrees.There was no God on the street and it was night.I felt an unfortunate but then I was glad.
It has not happened to me again, since I am medicated in two weeks I already managed to get up well (I have had hyperglycemia by day, for some excess, but none when I get up).If I spent a day now, now that I have fast ... I am not sure that I repeated the icy walk of that day, I think it would put 2 units of fast.But I tell you so you can see the effect of walking on glycemia (and you don't have fast 😉)

Hahahahaha, in effect, I have no quick .... What happens is that everything is relative, and for me to be in 217 means "Joer, I will try not to have breakfast and see if this goes down in some hours. The perceptions are so different betweenBoth, I have a friend with diabetes and when I click and say "go, 250" tells me "what barbarity, I when about 160 did not pass" and I thought: "Joer, and does he say he has diabetes?"

But well, before I ran more criticism, I recognize (and I am) that you have to lower the glycosilada from 7 (as the first objective) and 6.5 (as second).The truth is that the patch helps a lot to know a little how your body reacts, I do not understand that it is not prescribed to all, it would save thousands of lives and I do not think that the extra cost was greater than the savings in medication/doctors/surgeries.

felinol's profile photo
felinol
05/31/2022 1:04 p.m.

@isabelBota 217 on an empty stomach and going for a walk is not a very good idea, it usually gives glycemia.
I have left fasting with 140, 3 hours of walking and efforts, and I have returned home in 250, so insulin yes or yes.If I had had breakfast with my insulin I would have had normoglycemia.Insulin would have been activated with exercise.

@felinol I have a type 2 diabetic uncle, my aunt's husband to be exact, and if you eat an extra sweet, it takes half a pill more metformin to compensate.I have to say that he has been with diabetes for 50 years, he takes care of himself and is great with almost 90 years.When you were younger, the day before the doctor made a capilla

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/31/2022 5:39 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@Isabelbota 217 on an empty stomach and going for a walk is not a very good idea, it usually gives glycemia.
I have left fasting with 140, 3 hours of walking and efforts, and I have returned home in 250, so insulin yes or yes.If I had had breakfast with my insulin I would have had normoglycemia.Insulin would have been activated with exercise.

@felinol I have a type 2 diabetic uncle, my aunt's husband to be exact, and if you eat an extra sweet, it takes half a pill more metformin to compensate.I have to say that he has been with diabetes for 50 years, he takes care of himself and is great with almost 90 years.When you were younger, the day before the doctor made a capillary

Well Ruthbia, as I have told me always walking down.In fact that day in an hour I finished in 130.
The type 2 diabetics ... is that there are so many varieties, with resistance, without resistance, overweight, without overweight, with pancreas, without pancreas ...
Anyway, that each one is a world and that is why there are so many different treatments, when in type 1 it is quick and slow practically always.

isabelbota
05/31/2022 6:45 p.m.

Hi Ruthbia and Isabelbota !!!

The climbs when awakening are generally because of the glycogen of the liver, right?I understand that if the last days you have taken more hydrates than normal this night phenomenon is given to a greater degree, right?

Indeed, I believe that as Isabelbota says, exercise in diabetes the same for one can be positive and for others not so much.I believe that in type 2 it is good in general, what is clear is that walking helps to go down, and if you walk quickly 15 minutes to me yes it helps me download about 50mg/dl.

What a doctor told me is that with high levels of glucose, from 300, the danger of having a ketoacidosis is greater if it is exercised, it disliked it completely.So if you don't have a fast insulin, it is a bit "do not eat, do not drink, do not, do not move, and to pray to go down as soon as possible: disappointed:

felinol's profile photo
felinol
06/01/2022 12:36 a.m.

Do not eat do not drink, but if you walk and if you move and pray it is more and do not fat

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
06/01/2022 12:13 p.m.

felinol said:
polaris said:
>
As you have told you before, low diet in hydrates and you will see how even more.And then there is the love you have yourself.

Well, you're right in everything but in the last sentence of "wanting yourself", it seems very hard.I suppose that the situation of each person, their education, their surroundings, their circumstances, etc. define the motivation of the individual to overcome the challenges posed by life.For me the main word is "motivation", I know a lotthose that nobody loves them.

I was detected the diabetes after a heart attack and the doctor told me very clearly, I had to change life habits, yes or yes.And change from diet, down from 104 kg to 80 kg, I changed habits and stop smoking.Instead, he had a friend who did not do it and 6 months ago we went to his funeral.I do not leave tobacco, do not change habits, did not lose weight and not stop smoking and it went.If you love yourself you do it, if you don't love yourself, you don't care and then what happens happens.If you don't love yourself, you have no motivation.

polaris's profile photo
polaris
06/05/2022 4:37 p.m.

I have not read everything, they have already told you .....
Layout is important, remove the visceral fat rather, but you don't have to become obsessed, there are also thin people with type 2 diabetes.
Try to maximize carbohydrates, and those who take them are complex, nothing of refined flours, bread, pizza .....
And on the other hand, the most important thing, rather than losing weight is to improve your muscles.
Who eats sugar in the body?
Insulin puts the sugar into the muscles, if you train strength you will change fat by muscle and have more muscle to "eat" glucose.
I have DM2 I was admitted with ketoacidosis in the debut, a lot of a lot of urine .....
Today, year and a half later on an empty stomach, 98 2 hours after eating, improving weight, less fat and more muscle.
Following the diet of the dish and eating food, not prosecuted.

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
06/06/2022 9:19 a.m.

felinol said:
hello ruthbia and Isabelbota !!!

The climbs when awakening are generally because of the glycogen of the liver, right?I understand that if the last days you have taken more hydrates than normal this night phenomenon is given to a greater degree, right?

Indeed, I believe that as Isabelbota says, exercise in diabetes the same for one can be positive and for others not so much.I believe that in type 2 it is good in general, what is clear is that walking helps to go down, and if you walk quickly 15 minutes to me yes it helps me download about 50mg/dl.

What a doctor told me is that with high levels of glucose, from 300, the danger of having a ketoacidosis is greater if it is exercised, it disliked it completely.So if you don't have a fast insulin, it is a bit "do not eat, do not drink, do not, do not move, and to pray to go down as soon as possible: disappointed:

If after 8 hours of fasting, Elnazucar gives you the same effect of dawn or not, noneres capable of assimilating glucose and you will be high all day.
Exercise is always good, without these sugar harsh walking cheerful.
If you are strength, the sugar will rise to you, but in 2 hours it will come down again, and in the long run it is the best.
Of course if you are in 300, do not make strength, go walk.
But if you are strength and measure at the end you do not correct quickly, wait for a while.

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
06/06/2022 9:24 a.m.

polaris said:
felinol said:
polaris said:
polaris said:
>

I was detected the diabetes after a heart attack and the doctor told me very clearly, I had to change life habits, yes or yes.And change from diet, down from 104 kg to 80 kg, I changed habits and stop smoking.Instead, he had a friend who did not do it and 6 months ago we went to his funeral.I do not leave tobacco, do not change habits, did not lose weight and not stop smoking and it went.If you love yourself you do it, if you don't love yourself, you don't care and then what happens happens.If you don't love yourself, you have no motivation.

It seems better to say "you have to look for motivation" to say that "you do not love you" or "you want to die."It seems offensive to me, especially because that is usually said to people who have low esteem, telling that it seems to me that it is to finish it.

The rest?Yes, I buy it, it's true, you have to take care of yourself, etc. etc ... That's the forum and we all talk about that."You don't love you" for me.Sorry, psychologically it seems more a destructive criticism than constructive.

felinol's profile photo
felinol
06/06/2022 12:11 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.