{'en': 'Good from Madrid.10 years with uncontrolled diabetes, up to 11.2 glycosilada.', 'es': 'Buenas desde Madrid. 10 años con diabetes descontrolada, hasta 11,2 de glicosilada.'} Image

Good from Madrid.10 years with uncontrolled diabetes, up to 11.2 glycosilada.

felinol's profile photo   05/23/2022 7:56 p.m.

Hello good,

I am new in the forum and I present myself.

I am Fernando, from Sanse (Madrid) and I have diabetes since 2012. 48 years and obesity.Lossing with insulin is already practically impossible.

I debuted after 5 months in which I drank more than 5 liters of water a day and urinated every 20 minutes, which prevented me from sleeping.Luckily someone warned me that it could be diabetes, and after those 5 months I did some analysis and spent 3 days admitted.

At 2 years old he had glycosylated 8, then 9, and in the last 5 years already with more than 10, reaching 11.2 a couple of years ago.The medication is useless (or so I think, without the same medication I would have broken world records of glycosilada) and now I am managing to download 8 thanks to the free style patches.Without them, I think I would be with records problems (amputations and others).A pity that Social Security does not cover them, spending € 140 per month is not easy, but touches.

I am to learn and contribute my experience.Anything do not hesitate to consult me.

Greetings.

felinol's profile photo
felinol
05/23/2022 7:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Fernando.Type 2, I understand.Don't you have metformin?
Insulin only slow or slow and fast?

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/23/2022 8:13 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Hello IsabelBota ... thanks for your message !!!!!!!

I have not counted many details because I do not bore anyone, because within what I have a fortune that I have not yet developed any serious pathology.

Yes, type 2, I assumed it, perhaps because of age, or because I thought it was the most frequent, although I have been reading for a while and I see that there are many people with type 1.

I tell you my roll: Well, I started only with pills, metformin, in a year or two they already put me slow toujeo insulin, then invocana and Victoza, which promised weight loss and almost miracles.Nothing, everything was still increasing, although I did not help with my diet.Then they changed my victory for the Trulicity and took my invocana because I had candidiasis in the foreskin.They had to circumcise me and although they were somewhat traumatic months, everything remained in order ... although I have to say that the operation is screwed, anesthesia does not grab well and I spent it "regulin-regulat" ... but I could continue with mylife normally.I always recommend (to men, obviously) that the one who takes a medication that makes him expel glucose in the urine, if he has a single candidiasis, to leave him immediately, because I thought that when he is cured (it takes between 1-4weeks), everything was the same, but after 4 or 5 episodes the foreskin became necrosed and there is nothing more than operate.

Now Synjardy and Ozempic have sent me, the latter replacing the Trulicity, and that apparently is milk.But I already tell you that the day I like a pizza, I am shooting at 400 as always.

Since I have the patches to constantly measure, I regulate the curve in an incredible way, I see how in 120, if I like a rice plate I climb to 200, but if I repeat, it climbs to 350 throughout the day, and if asMore (snack for example) I put myself in 400. Without the patch, which I have been using about 2 years ago, I think it would now be very fucked or dead.It is true that if you are applied, you diet, measure hydrates, etc., surely the patch is not essential, but it is not my case, and my insulin resistance became so high that just eating a toast I raised the sugar through theTomorrow from 120 to 280 and no longer descended until the afternoon.The first time I put on the free patch I gave me some values ​​between 250 and 400 all the time ... seeing all red scared, but in 5 days I realized that everything had improved a barbarity.Thanks to the patch I started not eating when I had exceeded, and I am managingDecontrol many people have already had amputations and other serious pathologies ... I hope not to have arrived too late: Cold_Sweat:

felinol's profile photo
felinol
05/23/2022 8:46 p.m.

Well, if you go for 7 you are on the right track, do not discourage you.
I am also type 2 and I also buy the freestyle.I think it is essential to bring good control of diabetes.Social security is financed by type 1 because their diabetes is more aggressive and good, especially because they are few compared to type 2 and of course, a paste is saved.Although I have the question of whether savings financing it would be greater, so that much more expensive complications would be avoided.But prefer bread for today ...
My case is different from yours, I have no insulin resistance (little weight) but my pancreas is in the last, so I need exogenous insulin.At the moment the fast (you have not told me if you get on but for meals it is good) use in breakfast and "excesses", for the rest controlling the food and walking every day I handle me.
And here I start.I don't know if you are.It is fundamental.How does not do it 2 days, everything is out of control.I don't know if you do but you have to do it.It costs sometimes but there is no other left and it helps a lot.
About food you already say that you are controlling.Nor do we have another option.We can really eat almost everything, but of certain things little.I ate many times pasta (my favorite dish).Now as little and garnish, not of a single dish as before.If as chicken and accompany it with pasta, well, there are no great dramas.And a pizza ... Ahem ... a little piece ...
Another important thing is to eat vegetables before.What you eat later goes up less, is as if making a film in the stomach that makes glucose absorb more slowly.
Another thing that works is the issue of resistant starch.I explain it to you but look at Google.Many hydrates (especially in potato and rice shows a lot) if you cooled 24 hours in the fridge (that is, you eat the food the next day, heating it without problem) turn part of the starch they have, which transforms into glucose intoResistant starch, which is a kind of fiber that is not absorbed and rises much less.I have it proven with the free and you can do it and check.Ah, and apparently fattens the food less.I always like the food from one day for the time seen.
Likewise, the day I know I am going to eat something more problematic I do more sport before and then the food rises much less.
You do very well buying you, it is a health investment.
Very good Glyc's descent, I don't know if you have lowered weight, in your case (for obesity) it is very important since that is what your insulin resistance creates.As you go down you will be less hungry, you will feel more agile and cost you less walk and motivate yourself and everything will be easier.
Regarding complications, you don't eat your head.You are on the right track and for the moment they have not come to you.If you continue like this, they should not come, so much encouragement and here we are for what you need.
In the forum I have read some post of obese people who, when losing weight, have been left without medication, only with diet and exercise or with a minimum medication (metformin).But it is important that you get to it because if you make the pancreas work too much for resistance, it is exhausted, and then already insulin -dependent for life ...

isabelbota
05/23/2022 9:26 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I forgot, poor, what an operation ... 🙄🙄🙄

isabelbota
05/23/2022 9:28 p.m.

@Felinol, if you are already in 7 glycosilada, you are improving a lot.
I do not know if an endocrine is treating you, it is the one who would have to make you make a clear diagnosis of the type of diabetes.With insulin treatment they would already have to provide free free.
You are already seeing that a low food and surely fast insulin in meals, is what work.
That they give you a clear diagnosis, with those glycosiladas they should have changed the treatment.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/23/2022 9:35 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@felinol, if you are already in 7 glycosilada, you are improving a lot.
I do not know if an endocrine is treating you, it is the one who would have to make you make a clear diagnosis of the type of diabetes.With insulin treatment they would already have to provide free free.
You are already seeing that a low food and surely fast insulin in meals, is what work.
That they give you a clear diagnosis, with those glycosiladas they should have changed the treatment.

Regina, is that true?The endo told me that the type2 only prescribes the free if we use slow and fast at all meals.At the moment I handle myself based on walking and use it at breakfast and occasionally in some conflicting food and that is why I have to buy it.
I ask you to fight it next year when I see the endo ...

isabelbota
05/23/2022 9:39 p.m.

The only option to lose weight is diet without hydrates, without fat and only protein.
And exercise.Upon entering cetosis accumulated fat and if a lot of insulin is used, it is fattened.By reducing hydrates you avoid insulin dependence.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/23/2022 10:39 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello IsabelBota and Hello Regina.

I have never put myself quick insulin, I always raise it to the endocrine of the hospital (which I see every 8 months, and with Covid I did not see in more than 2 years) and it always tells me no, that for the moment we will see with medication.I repeat, I have 11.2 of glycosilada and there are times that happened to me and for whatever my body is silly and it rises to 540 ... figures of madness, but nothing, they have never sent me.Some night that I have slept with more than 400 I have put 100 extra of slow insulin, but the bad thing is that that lacks everything.Anyway, doctors.For the moment of self -taught and the patch my improvement expectations have increased a lot, but spending € 120 every 28 days is a lot of cloth.But it gives you years of life, sure, they are 30 or on 2, it is safe.Moreover, with the patch I get less insulin because I need less, and the measurement strips (the bad days can spend up to 15) also cost.Surely an amputation operation and then the reviews are much more expensive than paying for life € 120 per month per patient, and you also save lives and give people quality of life, which first of that is what it is what it is about.I see it absurd

Regina, with what you said you just jump the hare with what "should be given it to have insulin."In Madrid the doctors and nurses tell me (as long as I ask) that those of type 2 diabetes with insulin (slow) have covered strips, and not in all the CCAA of Spain this happens, that there are people with slow insulin without strips.This seems a bit strange, but they tell me.What seems safe is that for type 2 diabetes, in Madrid, it does not happen, and I suppose that in some exception of very very bad control they will occur, so it seemed to me to intuit of several doctors, but the endocrineHe spoke to me from the public hospital as if I were a capricious one, and he said "that I do not insist, that those of type 2 have no patch and point."And I repeated "I explain how important they are, because you as a doctor should promote, motivate and encourage the use of patches in your patients, and ask those responsible to be included in the recipes."But well, it seemed that more than a doctor and patient we were Pimpinela.

A pharmacist told me that "it does cover it if you need it for a bad glycemic control. I have a client, which I think is from Guadalajara, that they prescribe it and is type 2".

The issue is that there are two options.
1. That in some CCAA do they give it to patients with bad control, without having 20 glycosilada and 2 amputated legs.
2. That in some cases it is in Madrid and depends on the doctor and the patient.In my case, the aunt spoke to me with a tone of the type "You ask a lot, kid."
In the end.

I will continue to investigate, if someone in Spain with type 2 diabetes has subsidized Freestyle patches, to say it.The nurse of the Health Center told me "I can't do anything, it must be your endocrine. But if it is true of Guadalajara, you could ask for a transfer for a season, and ask for it there."It would be a mess, but fuck, they are 1,600 euros a year.Considering that for more than 25 years my company pays for me about 1,500 euros per month, they would already look more at people's health ... Anyway.

Thanks to 2 for the gathering, if we achieve the subsidy of freestyle 2 I send a ham to each one: Joy:

felinol's profile photo
felinol
05/23/2022 10:50 p.m.

ruthbia said:
The only option to lose weight is diet without hydrates, fat and only protein.
And exercise.Upon entering cetosis accumulated fat and if a lot of insulin is used, it is fattened.By reducing hydrates you avoid insulin dependence.

Let's see, "only option" is a bit radical, it depends on the person.When I have taken kilos, I have eaten less, controlling but varied and thinned, and what is more important, I have maintained.I know people who have lost a lot in diets without hydrates and then recovered everything as soon as he has left the diet.
I am not going to tell you that you do not do well, but I am more in favor of eating everything, that for something we are omnivorous trying to eat little of what fattens.And each person is doing one thing.

isabelbota
05/23/2022 10:53 p.m.

Hi Rutbia, and Hi IsabelBota: Smiley:

I think you are right.

The diet is better that it is varied, of everything a bit, and slightly slightly.But the issue of insulin is very very important, and I also suppose that each other's metabolism.

When I bought the patches 2 years ago I started eating much less, obviously, to regulate the curve, which I already saw and stopped to eat many times so as not to shoot glycemia levels.In the first months, I lost 0 kg, without being a strict diet or doing much exercise, but I had substantially reduced the calories it ate and yet, it lowered zero.

An endocrine of Sanitas sent me a diet from Sanitas, a robbery because it was with products from them (Nutrineam diet) and in the end, after finding out many aspects of the Keto diets, with Dr. Broja flag on YouTube and others, I put myselfMake the diet that my endocrine asked me but changing Sanitas products for others such as serum proteins for gym, etc.And I managed to lower a lot of weight, about 14 kg.

But the problem is that they are months and months with almost zero of hydrates.Forget about milk, yogurts, pasta, rice, cereals, cookies, muffins, bread, potatoes, etc ... is sacrificed, but if you fulfill it it is effective.The issue is that I started and the first week I went down 4 kilos, I could not believe it, but from the second week, I started going down 0.6 kilos per week ... that is, every full month of immense sacrifice lowered 2, 5 kilos.But the good thing is that I always losing, that is, it was little weight but it did not stagnate me, so for people with willpower, I recommend it 100%, although informing you well of nutrients, vitamin accessories, etc.

Due to circumstances, I left the diet after half a year, and although I think I did not have much rebound, in the long run, in another 6 months, I have recovered those 14 kilos ... but because I recognize that the "parenthesis" of thinking "as soon asI can, return the diet "has caused the food to neglect a lot ... and what is clear is that with 25 years I would be lim left with what I am getting fat today.

In summary, ketogenic diets, if they are with essentially protéic powders, are very hypocaloric, and not needing insulin (I discarded it completely and always had levels between 110 and 140) the thinning that I could not eating less, here it occurred, it occurred here,Although, yes, very slowly.Therefore, for a diabetic I think it is the ideal diet.My hospital endocrine advised me about kidney damage issues, while the Sanitas doctor (El Saca-fourtos) told me that it was highly recommended for diabetics.Apparently, and seeing videos of Dr. Flag (which I love and in which I trust) everything they said that could damage the kidney turns out that there are studies that say otherwise.Nor do they agree.I will certainly resume it, I don't know if before or after summer.

Greetings

felinol's profile photo
felinol
05/23/2022 11:23 p.m.

It is not that it has worked for me, that yes, I lost 10kg, is that I send it to me the endocrine and my nurse of the health center told me that it is the diet they send to the obese to lose weight.
In my case it is the only option for the DT1, I tried everything before, until 800kcal diet and fattened instead of losing.

I have paid the sensors for 4 years and 2 to cover them.In Madrid, type 2 do not give them and do not give me strips when the sensors fail a lot and are not reliable, so now I pay the strips.

You can change the hospital, I have the FJD and my boy from Sanse, too, it has changed to mine.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/23/2022 11:24 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I think you should ask for a second opinion for the issue of fast insulin.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/23/2022 11:37 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Thank you Ruthbia, but in my case, being type 2 it does not cover it, I thought you understand you, right?To me the ketogenic has seemed very appropriate for diabetics and I will repeat it, but to be months and years without being able to try a fried potato or a toast seems very sacrificed.

Nigiri, I have gone to internist doctors, header and 2 different endocrine, apart from my endocrine from the public hospital.I do not know if I have a face that I throw a lantern or what, but I tell them "there are times that I am 500 and I think that the fast insulin punctually could come well" and always the same answer, make a grimace and they tell me "for nowLet's see how you evolve. "

So I try to be more careful and if one day I want a pizza, because there is football or because I assault my whim, I try not to have lunch barely hydrates and ask for fine dough with more you of slow insulin.But I think the fast, for specific climbs, could help me a lot.Because when you go up to 450 and see that at the time you have 480 and at 500 time ... it seems that it will never end, and maybe you have to wait 12 hours to go down to 250, and it is known that these climbs areVery bad.I don't know, I must have the face that I invented things.

felinol's profile photo
felinol
05/23/2022 11:52 p.m.

The sensor may be authorized by another endocrine.

I am type 2, from Madrid and they give me strips because they authorized them.Well, with the sensor it will happen the same ...

Another opinion would be fine, but I think they do not make you quickly not to unleash more insulin resistance ... motorcycle when weight 2/3 kilos more than normal, I do not want to imagine with obesity ...

anif's profile photo
anif
05/24/2022 12:06 a.m.

DM2 (2019)

Well, it seems amazing ... but and they don't see the sensor curves?
It really is to take your hands to the head of some doctors.Much encouragement.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/24/2022 12:08 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I also think that the rapid in specific moments would be good for you.Eye, that is not to eat what you want because then you fattening and create more insulin resistance.But seeing a 400 or 500 in the sensor ... I would give me something.That must be downloaded anyway.
Sometimes I don't understand doctors.

isabelbota
05/24/2022 12:32 a.m.

They gave me strips from day one, but honestly, to go blind to have strips there is an abysmal difference, but having strips to have the sensor there is another equally abysmal difference.

Without a sensor, you see 250 but you know nothing ... maybe in two hours you have 260 but in the middle you rose to 400 and you did not know.

Or you see at 2 hours of eating 250, at two and a half and a half 230, and you no longer measure yourself, but the curve misplaces yourself and you put yourself in 400 (that also happens).

The strips do not use if there is no strict control, eat very few HC and all with measures.But according to the endocrine, in Madrid for type 2 they do not occur ... and that is what I try to find out, if there may be exceptions, to change doctor or hospital, since that hospital change option exists in Madrid.

felinol's profile photo
felinol
05/24/2022 12:35 a.m.

Isabelbota said:
I also think that the rapid at specific moments would be good for you.Eye, that is not to eat what you want because then you fattening and create more insulin resistance.But seeing a 400 or 500 in the sensor ... I would give me something.That must be downloaded anyway.
Sometimes I don't understand doctors.

Yes, because sometimes those 500 happen for a pizza that maybe 2 weeks ago it went up only to 250 ... and you do not explain why ... for those specific days I think it would be good, because I also wear 100 extraSlowly and, as its name indicates, it is Leeeenta and up to 8-10 hours there is no substantial decrease.

But well, I try for those days to be the least ... thanks to the patch and trying to remember those days, you realize the cookie that you did not count or the bag of Doritos that was already half to finish.XD

felinol's profile photo
felinol
05/24/2022 12:51 a.m.

@isabelbota, I say they should give it, but I don't know if they are giving it, in type 2, I see no ... but they would have to start subsidizing them, we depend on the budget, always.
But it would be logical, of course.
I hope you get everyone over time.First they started with the children, then type 1 adults, the following would be type 2 with insulin ..,

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/24/2022 12:57 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.