{'en': 'Liquid after the puncture', 'es': 'Liquido después del pinchazo'} Image

Liquid after the puncture

smartinez's profile photo   12/18/2022 3:55 p.m.

Josemibi said:
smartinez said:
fer said:
fer said:
it is important to make sure that you are injecting the insulin correctly forget maximum benefit of treatment.Some possible reasons why there could be liquid in the puncture area after injecting insulin are:

The syringe was not well full: make sure that the syringe is well full before injecting insulin.

The needle was not completely inserted: be sure to insert the needle completely into the skin before injecting the insulin.

The needle was clogged: if the needle is clogged, the entire insulin may not come out.Remove the needle and put it back to make sure you are clear.

The skin was not tense enough: tensing the skin can help the needle between correctly and prevent insulin from escaping.

Insulin was too cold or too hot: insulin should be at room temperature to be easier to inject.Do not use insulin that has been stored in the freezer or that has been exposed to very high temperatures.

If you still have problems with insulin injection, it is important that you talk to your doctor or nurse to get help and make sure you are administering insulin correctly.

Thank you very much for the information.I will make sure everything before injecting

In my case if I sometimes have liquid around.But it is due to purge the needle.If for example, you purge the needle with a couple of units you will see that in the end you have a drop on the tip.Then load the units you need and you will enter without problem.

Yes, he always purged her and with the drop I then put the units.

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
12/19/2022 12:21 p.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

Without antibodies and you work the pancreas I do not see you as Lada, I think you are a type2, so with the pill they lowered you the debut.The pills do not lower us.They also gave them to me and at the 4th day I changed to basal insulin, and fast if it went from 160, which I did not use in 20 months until my reservation was exhausted, but I do have antibodies.

In any case, go back to the endo and adjust the basal.That test on your own and go up is not ethical.I asked my endo a long time ago and told me that it is calculated by weight and initial theoretical height and that it is usually quite right.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/19/2022 1:32 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
without antibodies and you work the pancreas I do not see you as lada, I think you are type2, so with the pill the debut was lowered you.The pills do not lower us.They also gave them to me and at the 4th day I changed to basal insulin, and fast if it went from 160, which I did not use in 20 months until my reservation was exhausted, but I do have antibodies.

In any case, go back to the endo and adjust the basal.That test on your own and go up is not ethical.I asked my endo a long time ago and told me that it is calculated by weight and initial theoretical height and that it is usually quite right.

What happens, I remember because we debut at the same time and we have the same case, is that it has the peptide C for the soils with what metformin alone will not do anything.We already commented at the time, and you and I agreed that it is not lada or type1 if it has no antibodies, which is type 2. What they diagnosed me.
But without pancreatic reserve the treatment is the same.Or you put an exogenous insulin, since the body does not secrete it or you go through the clouds.
There is a generalized conviction of what type2 is it with pills but no.It depends on whether the problem is resistance (pills) or lack of pancreatic functioning (insulin).

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/19/2022 3:12 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@isabelbota totally agree but I think you use insulin from the beginning and @smartinez has not used it having acceptable values.It is very rare that it goes directly to insulin, so I think they have told him to try so little, because his pancreas if he generates and with very little can have induced hypoglycemia.Hence my question that does not prescribe metformin.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/19/2022 7:26 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@Isabelbota totally agree but I think you use insulin from the beginning and @smartinez has not used it having acceptable values.It is very rare that it goes directly to insulin, so I think they have told him to try so little, because his pancreas if he generates and with very little can have induced hypoglycemia.Hence my question that does not prescribe metformin.

Already, but she decided to follow a low diet in hydrates and thus has remained with the little reserve that she had left.No, I decided to eat everything (except hydrates than before, of course, but varied).But without reservation there is no other insulin.He also thinks that his endo is determined that he is Lada/Type 1 and the treatment in those cases is insulin.
But that is the right thing, with very low C peptide there is no other.Another thing is that it is added (as in my case) metformin to increase sensitivity and reduce liver glucose.But the metformin alone is not going to do anything, although it helps in combination with insulin to need less, I have checked in my flesh ...

isabelbota
12/19/2022 9:28 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

What mess I have 😅, the truth is that my diabetes is a bit rare.Everything you say has logic.I hope that with more doses of insulin I lower me but it is true that metformin in its day worked super good, in fact they gave me hypos of 54, 55, just by walking a little.I don't know exactly if insulin makes you the same effect as metformin.The C peptide in August was 0.80 and it is assumed that a lada is wasting over time.The case is that I get up with much higher levels than before and worry, I need to lower them, they have told me that it is worrying in the long run.

smartinez
12/19/2022 10:04 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

Thanks for helping me 😉

smartinez
12/19/2022 10:05 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

smartinez said:
took a few months to give me the diagnosis PQ doubted what type of diabetes I had, but in August they decided that it was lad

Your case is very curious.Last the covid debuts with diabetes and a 13 glyc, but with negative antibodies.And you pass almost two years without insulin, controlling with diet and exercise.And metformin.

I passed the Covid (Super Mild) in September 2020. By May 2021 I believe that I started with thirst and urinating, but it was progressive, it was not sudden so I did not perceive it as something worrying.In summer I already started to mosque and lose weight and it was in September when I had to enter the hospital with ketoacidosis.I did have antibodies and they diagnosed me like Lada.Insulin from minute1.

I have the theory that Covid triggered an immune response that has led me to diabetes, but it took a year to collapse.However, it seems that in your case, the COVID has loaded the pancreas, immediately and not your antibodies.

The endocrine in my case did not relate it, he said that it was a debut not very frequent, but within normal.

Subsequently, they have observed a significant increase in debuts, especially in children, similar to yours, immediately after Covid infection, even in full infection.I mean, that the Covid, in a matter of days destroyed the islets of the pancreas.

smartinez said:
q mess I have 😅, the truth is that my diabetes is a bit rare.Everything you say has logic.I hope that with more doses of insulin I lower me but it is true that metformin in its day worked super good, in fact they gave me hypos of 54, 55, just by walking a little.I don't know exactly if insulin makes you the same effect as metformin.The C peptide in August was 0.80 and it is assumed that a lada is wasting over time.The case is that I already get up with much higher than before and worry, I need to lower them, they have told me that it is worrying in the long run.

Insulin also causes hypos if it is "overpout."I left the hospital with a recipe of 22 units of Toujeo and 8-12-10 of Novorapid.It was horrible.It was constantly hippled, several times every day, until I reached the balance with 8 of Toujeo and between 0 and 3 of Novorapid and later Humalog Junior to be able to put half units.

With that guideline I spent almost a year.Now my insulin needs have increased and I have been in madness with glucose doing very rare, and two colds through.

You say that getting walking down.Just like me.For my hiking routes I have buffet: juice, fruit, jelly beans, nuts.It has this;Going to walk is slide down.I have breakfast immediately before leaving and I do not get fast, even so, at 2 hours or 2 and a half hours touches banana or tangerine.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
12/19/2022 10:49 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Well, @Smartinez is not much trick, if you get up over 140mg/dl for 3 days, you have to upload a unit in Toujeo and with that increase see for 3 days if you stabilize.And so every 3 days until you find the dose.Go up or down every 3 days, but you can't see the Toujeo effect.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/19/2022 10:56 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I with 12 toujeo got up on Saturday with 80, Sunday with 100 and today with 160. I am very disoriented ...
And the cold.I think that is what is distorting everything

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
12/19/2022 11:04 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Well, it is rare, because metformin does not cause hypos.Do not lower glucose, prevent it from climbing everything that would rise with food.

isabelbota
12/19/2022 11:13 p.m.

salad said:
smartinez said:
took a few months to give me the diagnosis PQ doubted what type of diabetes I had, but in August they decided that it was lada and would endbeing type 1

Your case is very curious.Last the covid debuts with diabetes and a 13 glyc, but with negative antibodies.And you pass almost two years without insulin, controlling with diet and exercise.And metformin.

I passed the Covid (Super Mild) in September 2020. By May 2021 I believe that I started with thirst and urinating, but it was progressive, it was not sudden so I did not perceive it as something worrying.In summer I already started to mosque and lose weight and it was in September when I had to enter the hospital with ketoacidosis.I did have antibodies and they diagnosed me like Lada.Insulin from minute1.

I have the theory that Covid triggered an immune response that has led me to diabetes, but it took a year to collapse.However, it seems that in your case, the COVID has loaded the pancreas, immediately and not your antibodies.

The endocrine in my case did not relate it, he said that it was a debut not very frequent, but within normal.

Subsequently, they have observed a significant increase in debuts, especially in children, similar to yours, immediately after Covid infection, even in full infection.I mean, that the Covid, in a matter of days destroyed the islets of the pancreas.

smartinez said:
q mess I have 😅, the truth is that my diabetes is a bit rare.Everything you say has logic.I hope that with more doses of insulin I lower me but it is true that metformin in its day worked super good, in fact they gave me hypos of 54, 55, just by walking a little.I don't know exactly if insulin makes you the same effect as metformin.The C peptide in August was 0.80 and it is assumed that a lada is wasting over time.The case is that I already get up with much higher than before and worry, I need to lower them, they have told me that it is worrying in the long run.

Insulin also causes hypos if it is "overpout."I left the hospital with a recipe of 22 units of Toujeo and 8-12-10 of Novorapid.It was horrible.It was constantly hippled, several times every day, until I reached the balance with 8 of Toujeo and between 0 and 3 of Novorapid and later Humalog Junior to be able to put half units.

With that guideline I spent almost a year.Now my insulin needs have increased and I have been in madness with glucose doing very rare, and two colds through.

You say that getting walking down.Just like me.For my hiking routes I have buffet: juice, fruit, jelly beans, nuts.It has this;Going to walk is slide down.I have breakfast immediately before leaving and I do not get fast, even so, at 2 hours or 2 and a half hours touches banana or tangerine.

I do believe that Covid had something to see, in fact the endocrine have told me that it has been possible to be triggered.What you say that the covid has loaded part of my pancreas ..... Well it can be, it is that it is so weird ... in short, what I want is to have normal levels, I have already accepted that I mustClicking on me is to find the dose.

smartinez
12/20/2022 7:03 a.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

ruthbia said:
wellYou stabilize.And so every 3 days until you find the dose.Go up or down every 3 days, but you can't see the toujeo effect.

I will

smartinez
12/20/2022 7:04 a.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

salad said:
me with 12 toujeo I got up on Saturday with 80, Sunday with 100 and today with 160. I am very disoriented ...
And the cold.I think that is what is distorting all

Well, as well as I am going to have 🥺.Right now I am very bad with a fat cold, the same affects what you say.The rule for example, the week before I get more

smartinez
12/20/2022 7:06 a.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

Isabelbota said:
Well yes it is weird, because metformin does not cause hypos.Do not lower glucose, prevent it from climbing everything that would rise with food.

Well, metformin gave me hypos, I stopped taking it and has not happened to me again

smartinez
12/20/2022 7:07 a.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

Indeed metformin does not cause hypos

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
12/20/2022 9:34 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

diabetic said:
Metformin does not cause hypos

Well, yes.When I took metformin from time to time I became very nervous and to tremble, the glucose mediated and I had 54-55 .... I have been a year and a half without taking the pill and it has not happened to me again, logically was the effect ofMetformin.

smartinez
12/20/2022 10:46 a.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

Eye that there are metformin pills that carry other antihyperglycemic compounds, what did you take?

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
12/20/2022 1:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

diabetic said:
eye that there are metformin pills that carry other antihyperglycemic compounds, which you took?

I do not remember the name but mixed metformin and sitagliptin

smartinez
12/20/2022 1:09 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

I do not know, today I got up with 191, I have punctured 3 units at 10 in the morning and at 11 I continued in 192. Tomorrow I would prick 4

smartinez
12/20/2022 1:10 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.