{'en': 'Liquid after the puncture', 'es': 'Liquido después del pinchazo'} Image

Liquid after the puncture

smartinez's profile photo   12/18/2022 3:55 p.m.

Hello,

Etoy starting for the first time with insulin.

I see that at the moment it does not do me long, the endocrine has told me to upload units one by one.

The fact is that today when I injected I have realized that I had liquid in the puncture area, can it be that it is not injecting it correctly and that is why it does nothing to me?

Greetings,

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
12/18/2022 3:55 p.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

smartinez said:
hello, I'm starting for the first time with insulin.I see that at the moment it does not do me long, the endocrine has told me that it goes up units one by one.The case is that today when I inject myself I have realized that I had liquid in the puncture area, it may be that it is not injecting it correctly and that is why it does nothing to me?

You have to wait 10 seconds before taking out the needle, do you do it?(There are those who say 6, but come on, wait a little)

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
12/18/2022 4:03 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

smartinez said:
hello, I'm starting for the first time with insulin.I see that at the moment it does not do me long, the endocrine has told me that it goes up units one by one.The case is that today when I inject myself I have realized that I had liquid in the puncture area, it may be that it is not injecting it correctly and that is why it does nothing to me?

Anyway, how many units do you put on?
I think I remember that you started by one or two and so little is not going to do anything to you

isabelbota
12/18/2022 4:04 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
smartinez said:
hello, I am starting for the first time with insulin.I see that at the moment it does not do me long, the endocrine has told me that it goes up units one by one.The case is that today when I inject myself I have realized that I had liquid in the puncture area, it may be that it is not injecting it correctly and that is why it does nothing to me?

You have to wait 10 seconds before taking out the needle, do you do it?(There are those who say 6, but come on, wait a little)

Yes, I hope the 10

smartinez
12/18/2022 5:09 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

Isabelbota said:
smartinez said:
hello, I am starting for the first time with insulin.I see that at the moment it does not do me long, the endocrine has told me that it goes up units one by one.The case is that today when I inject myself I have realized that I had liquid in the puncture area, it may be that it is not injecting it correctly and that is why it does nothing to me?

Anyway, how many units do you put on?
I think I remember that you started by one or two and so little is not going to do anything

Indeed, they sent me to start with one and nothing at all, I asked the endocrine and told me that it was climbing one in one but it is that I notice absolutely anything, and when I see the liquid when I have taken the needle because I thought I stillI am not injecting it well

smartinez
12/18/2022 5:13 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

What kind of insulin are you talking about?Basal or fast in meals?
If it is basal, you will not see any effect.And that of climbing like this because, without the counting of rations ..... it is not very normal.

On the other hand, sometimes, when you inject some droplet, so you have to wait between 6 and 10 seconds to remove the needle.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/18/2022 8:31 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
If it is basal, you will not see any effect.And that of climbing like this because, without the counting of rations ..... it is not very normal.

On the other hand, sometimes, when you inject some droplet, so you have to wait between 6 and 10 seconds to remove the needle.

It is toujeo insulin, what is basal, right?But you say that I will not notice any effect, I do not understand.It is supposed to get the glucose, right?I mean if I get up between 160-180, it is assumed that if I put insulin, it is for me to get off, right?Or what is it for but?

smartinez
12/18/2022 8:49 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

smartinez said:
ruthbia said:

It is toujeo insulin, what is basal, right?But you say that I will not notice any effect, I do not understand.It is supposed to get the glucose, right?I mean if I get up between 160-180, it is assumed that if I put insulin, it is for me to get off, right?Or what is it for but?

It refers to quantity.Less than 6/7 is nothing.I don't think there is anyone in the forum to get less about that.1 or 2 units are for babies.I don't know what he thinks, but you'll see, until you get 6/8 you will not notice anything.

isabelbota
12/18/2022 8:57 p.m.

What the doctor has told you seems correct.You have put 1 and do not notice improvement, you go up another day to 2, to 3, so until you see that you get up with acceptable values.
Diabetes have to be very patient and adjust, readjust, mismatch ...
I have not been the same for two weeks.Anything mandates the basal dose: that if the temperature drops, that if I take a cold, it happens to me, I take another cold, madness.I have varied from 9 that put me as a toujeo in summer to 16 by a brutal cold, to 12 when it happened to me, again with the next ...
My educator says that when he observes three days with high values, the dose rises and yet the first day that lifts me with low value.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
12/18/2022 9:04 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Well, tomorrow I will put myself 3, to the next 4 ... until I get off.I guess I have to get below 100. I will miss a lot because I still get up to 160.
Thanks for helping me again 😃

smartinez
12/18/2022 9:07 p.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

Endocrine should calculate the dose depending on your weight and height.There are formulas for it.With what he told you, he shows that he is not very there.

The normal thing is 0.55x weight in kg is your need for total insulin (rapid+ slow) that the basal is 40-50% of the total total of
Link
With that consultation salts, plus the pattern of going up every 3 days if the values ​​when you get up are high or vice versa.

With 1 or 2 units, you will not notice any effect.
What I do not understand is because it puts insulin insolving instead of metformin.A lada with diet and exercise does not get normoglycemia, from the day of the debut they send you basal insulin because we do not generate it and have been a year with nothing.Have you tested positive for antibodies?

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/19/2022 12:15 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
endocrine should calculate the dose based on your weight and height.There are formulas for it.With what he told you, he shows that he is not very there.

The normal thing is 0.55x weight in kg is your need for total insulin (rapid+ slow) that the basal is 40-50% of the total total of
Link
With that consultation salts, plus the pattern of going up every 3 days if the values ​​when you get up are high or vice versa.

What I do not understand is because it puts insulin insolving instead of metformin.A lada with diet and exercise does not get normoglycemia, from the day of the debut they send you basal insulin because we do not generate it and have been a year with nothing.Have you tested positive for antibodies?

No, negative

smartinez
12/19/2022 7:06 a.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

They say they treat me as type 1 for my debut

smartinez
12/19/2022 7:06 a.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

ruthbia said:
endocrine should calculate the dose based on your weight and height.There are formulas for it.With what he told you, he shows that he is not very there.

Link

But something is still in the pancreas, so I suppose that it cannot be the same amount of insulin.And I've been, not one for almost two years.I debuted in February 2021

smartinez
12/19/2022 8:18 a.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

smartinez said:

How was your debut?

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
12/19/2022 8:31 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
smartinez said:

How was your debut?

Well, in December I had the Covid (they say it could be the trigger, a strong virus), and in the middle of Christmas I began to have an impressive thirst, lose weight about 4 kilos, and a lot of pee, typical symptoms of diabetes.In February in the recognition of the company, 272 sugar came out.Everything started, they gave me pills and in a week I got glucose.Go from having 12 or 13 from Glico to 6.3

smartinez
12/19/2022 9:06 a.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

It took a few months to give me the diagnosis PQ doubted what type of diabetes I had, but in August they decided that it was lada and would end up being type 1

smartinez
12/19/2022 9:08 a.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

It is important to ensure that you are injecting insulin correctly to obtain the maximum benefit of treatment.Some possible reasons why there could be liquid in the puncture area after injecting insulin are:

The syringe was not well full: make sure that the syringe is well full before injecting insulin.

The needle was not completely inserted: be sure to insert the needle completely into the skin before injecting the insulin.

The needle was clogged: if the needle is clogged, the entire insulin may not come out.Remove the needle and put it back to make sure you are clear.

The skin was not tense enough: tensing the skin can help the needle between correctly and prevent insulin from escaping.

Insulin was too cold or too hot: insulin should be at room temperature to be easier to inject.Do not use insulin that has been stored in the freezer or that has been exposed to very high temperatures.

If you still have problems with insulin injection, it is important that you talk to your doctor or nurse to get help and make sure you are administering insulin correctly.

fer's profile photo
fer
12/19/2022 10:24 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:
It is important to ensure that you are injecting the insulin correctly to obtain the maximum benefit of the treatment.Some possible reasons why there could be liquid in the puncture area after injecting insulin are:

The syringe was not well full: make sure that the syringe is well full before injecting insulin.

The needle was not completely inserted: be sure to insert the needle completely into the skin before injecting the insulin.

The needle was clogged: if the needle is clogged, the entire insulin may not come out.Remove the needle and put it back to make sure you are clear.

The skin was not tense enough: tensing the skin can help the needle between correctly and prevent insulin from escaping.

Insulin was too cold or too hot: insulin should be at room temperature to be easier to inject.Do not use insulin that has been stored in the freezer or that has been exposed to very high temperatures.

If you still have problems with insulin injection, it is important that you talk to your doctor or nurse to get help and make sure you are administering insulin correctly.

Thank you very much for the information.I will make sure everything before injected

smartinez
12/19/2022 10:30 a.m.

Toujeo 10 ud

smartinez said:
fer said:
It is important to make sure you are injecting insulin correctly to obtain the maximum benefit of the treatment.Some possible reasons why there could be liquid in the puncture area after injecting insulin are:

Thank you very much for the information.I will make sure everything before injecting

In my case if I sometimes have liquid around.But it is due to purge the needle.If for example, you purge the needle with a couple of units you will see that in the end you have a drop on the tip.Then load the units you need and you are if they will enter without problem.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
12/19/2022 12:12 p.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.