{'en': 'I am new and with the glucose too high', 'es': 'Soy nuevo y con la glucosa demasiado alta'} Image

I am new and with the glucose too high

Joan111's profile photo   04/07/2023 1:09 a.m.

Joan111 said:
I did not take or take medication that only makes the body poison.People take it to give up and not change the lifestyle.

Joan111.You are free to stop taking your medications.At least in my case, I diet, I do exercises (daily) and still I have to take medications.Not only that, if I exercise + diet + metformin, I lift myself with 160 of fasting glucose, but now with Jardianz DPP (my doctor prescribed it), I get up in 115.

In my personal opinion, it is a big mistake on your part, but come on, nobody can force you here, not even your doctor can do it.

The medications that the doctor prescribed are designed to help control diabetes and maintain your glucose levels within a healthy range.They are an important tool together with the diet and exercise to achieve the goal.

Not taking medications as prescribed, there is a risk that your glucose levels are not properly controlled.This can lead to serious complications, such as damage to blood vessels, nerves and organs over time.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
08/28/2023 7:23 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

I will not deny that there is a whole business around diabetes.People take it to give up and not change the lifestyle.

Each is free and if you can control without medication, great.What happens is that you can't always.What glyc has it left you?

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/28/2023 10:49 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Joan111 Medication is not whim and diabetes is not cured, you adapt your life to diabetes.Do not fool yourself, later or soon you must take medication.The body oxidizes and wears out.
Everyone is free and makes their decisions but you don't have to be blind and know reality.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/30/2023 2:51 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@Joan111 medication is not whim and diabetes does not cure, you adapt your life to diabetes.Do not fool yourself, later or soon you must take medication.The body oxidizes and wears out.
Everyone is free and makes their decisions but you don't have to be blind and know reality.

That you have not cured her, do not extrapales to others.Sooner or later we will die and if you have to take medications that are already at 70 when you say the body oxidized and wears out.You forget that the body needs more and more medication to control sugar so you are poisoning you in two ways

Joan111's profile photo
Joan111
08/30/2023 4:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Before dying, you will have a peripheral neuropathy on the feet like me and others and I don't want anyone and the kidneys and sight, diabetes dies suffering, not quietly in bed, ahhh by the way for the diabetic footThere is no medication, just to mitigate pain and many times not even

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
08/30/2023 4:26 p.m.

Sorry.It was the doctor who told me not to medicate me.After the first diagnosis I already told him that he was not going to do it.Three months in the second analysis after having hit the anger for not having taken the medications.He retracted and told me if you do not have to lead that Spartan life.So stop waking me what will happen in my future.I will not respond to your comments.

Joan111's profile photo
Joan111
08/30/2023 4:49 p.m.

Joan111 said:
apology.It was the doctor who told me not to medicate me.After the first diagnosis I already told him that he was not going to do it.Three months in the second analysis after having hit the anger for not having taken the medications.He retracted and told me if you do not have to lead that Spartan life.So stop waking me what will happen in my future.I will not respond to your comments.

Joan.Don't be rude.Here everyone who comments does to help you.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
08/30/2023 4:56 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Joan111 said:
apology.It was the doctor who told me not to medicate me.After the first diagnosis I already told him that he was not going to do it.Three months in the second analysis after having hit the anger for not having taken the medications.He retracted and told me if you do not have to lead that Spartan life.So stop waking me what will happen in my future.I will not respond to your comments.

Because of two endocrine

diabestico
08/30/2023 5:18 p.m.

diabetic said:
Joan111 said:

Because of two endocrine I have the neuropathy, it was the third one that correctly diagnoses me .... and quiet man I do not intend to scare you, you will be scared when you diagnose it

hello.Could you explain a little (if you can) why did the first two endocrinologists fail?There are doctors who are wrong, so there is 2nd and 3rd opinion.Sometimes when doctors tell me or some relative and we doubt, we ask another doctor.There are occasions where the things they say make no sense or sounds bad and we like to clarify, Just in Case.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
08/30/2023 6:19 p.m.

matrix said:
diabetic said:
Joan111 said:
Joan111 said:

Because of two endocrine I have the neuropathy, it was the third one that correctly diagnoses me .... and quiet man I do not intend to scare you, you will be scared when you diagnose it

hello.Could you explain a little (if you can) why did the first two endocrinologists fail?There are doctors who are wrong, so there is 2nd and 3rd opinion.Sometimes when doctors tell me or some relative and we doubt, we ask another doctor.There are occasions where the things they say make no sense or sounds bad and we like to clarify, Just in Case.

Because I was diagnosed with type 2 and it was a guy3, and they sent me pills for several years, when I should have used insuliina from the first day

diabestico
08/30/2023 6:57 p.m.

When you enter a forum on a certain disease, it is supposed to tell your experience, inform yourself, ask for advice or request help.If everything is already known, and key decisions have already been made in this regard, such as not medicating, I find something meaningless to enter this community where we all try to help each other to the extent of our experience and possibilities.You remind me of another person who, not long ago, entered the forum trying, very persistently, convincing us all that type 1 diabetes was revertible only with taking care of each other.By the way, that pharmaceutical laboratories seek profitability of course.But not only with diabetes.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
08/30/2023 7:27 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

diabetic said:
matrix said:
diabetic said:
diabetic said:
Joan111 said:
Joan111 said:
Joan111 said:
Joan111 said:
Excuse me.It was the doctor who told me not to medicate me.After the first diagnosis I already told him that he was not going to do it.Three months in the second analysis after having hit the anger for not having taken the medications.He retracted and told me if you do not have to lead that Spartan life.So stop waking me what will happen in my future.I will not respond to your comments.

Because I was diagnosed with type 2 and it was a type3, and they sent me pills for several years, when I should have used insuliina from the first day

thank you.I did not know that there is type 3 diabetes.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
08/30/2023 10:20 p.m.

Joan111 said:
ruthbia said:
@joan111 medication is not whim and diabetes is not cured, you adapt your life to diabetes.Do not fool yourself, later or soon you must take medication.The body oxidizes and wears out.

That you have not cured her, do not extrapales to others.Sooner or later we will die and if you have to take medications that are already at 70 when you say the body oxidized and wears out.You forget that the body needs more and more medication to control sugar so you are poisoning in two ways

Ignorance is daring.Find out a little before writing anything.
Type 1 diabetes is not cured, I have no insulin producing cells.
There you and your circumstances.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/30/2023 11:58 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Joan111 said:

Thank you very much again.I will ask my analysis and my clinical history.I do not understand that it is so serious, it is solved with a telephone appointment, anyway if I am dedicated to living as an old man, I think I will ignore.I prefer to live less and with quality.

Man, it is not living as an old man.You have to take care of yourself, take into account what you should or should not eat, do some exercise.With the medication if you have to be constant.
But from there to be an old man there is a very long stretch.I have already many years and I do my normal life: medication, meal control and daily walk.
Here there are many prepared people who will always give you a hand.
All the best.

CarlosT's profile photo
CarlosT
09/03/2023 7:32 p.m.

Joan111 said:

Thank you very much again.I will ask my analysis and my clinical history.I do not understand that it is so serious, it is solved with a telephone appointment, anyway if I am dedicated to living as an old man, I think I will ignore.I prefer to live less and with quality.

It is more serious than you think, much more.If you do not control it, in months you can be in the other neighborhood quietly.However, and thanks to insulin, at no time you will see "bound to live as an old man."You have to monitor the food, yes, and you have to strive to do some exercise.But son, I run half marathons and I catch my melopes when it touches.Dare and look at you well.If you have type 2, with the metformin you go that you kill yourself.As for the medication they have prescribed, a component is the metformin that helps activate the response of the cells against insulin, and the other causes sugar to eliminate the urine.They had to take it out and leave the metformin alone, because I kept going to the bathroom.And as they say in the comments, first control it with the medication and then you will see whether or not you can do without it.
Greetings!

baskerbill's profile photo
baskerbill
09/04/2023 8:25 a.m.

baskerbill said:
Joan111 said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
@Joan111
The test is glycosylated hemoglobin.It measures glucose average in 3 months and is what is usually used to determine diabetes.In cases of 120/130, the glycosilada would be decisive to see if it has been a specific value or there are already diabetes.With 200 fasting it is clear, but glycars give an idea of ​​the level to which you are.
It is normal for you to be scared, it happens to everyone.But the effects of diabetes, which are effectively very dangerous, can take us to the other neighborhood or leave us in this with a shitty quality of life, which is even worse, do not occur from one day to another, they are long term, withWhat you have time to react.
Try to change your doctor or make an appointment, but face -to -face.You tell him that you are very nervous and explain to you.And as they have told you, you have to go down, with what I would start with medication and when you are at normal levels already decide what you do.
What they have prescribed is metformin (classic for type 2 diabetes, helps a lot) and another thing that makes glucose eliminated by urine.I do not understand the second but there will be many people in the forum to take it and I can give you opinion.
The only thing is that you do not leave it, go to the doctor, trust their criteria and medication, control your diet and try to move as much as possible.
And if you can get a glucometer and strips to see your advances, better.In Amazon there are many at a reasonable price.
You know, against concern, action.😉

It is more serious than you think, much more.If you do not control it, in months you can be in the other neighborhood quietly.However, and thanks to insulin, at no time you will see "bound to live as an old man."You have to monitor the food, yes, and you have to strive to do some exercise.But son, I run half marathons and I catch my melopes when it touches.Dare and look at you well.If you have type 2, with the metformin you go that you kill yourself.As for the medication they have prescribed, a component is the metformin that helps activate the response of the cells against insulin, and the other causes sugar to eliminate the urine.They had to take it out and leave the metformin alone, because I kept going to the bathroom.And as they say in the comments, first control it with the medication and then you will see whether or not you can do without it.
Greetings!

Doubt ... what does it mean "on metformin, what do you kill yourself"?

matrix's profile photo
matrix
09/04/2023 8:46 p.m.

It means that it is enough with metformin.

Gozoki's profile photo
Gozoki
09/04/2023 9:21 p.m.

DM 2 diagnosticado en marzo de 2023.
HG debut 13.2 Última HG: 2024 6.3
AntiGAD : Haberlos,Haylos... pero pocos. NEGATIVO pues.
Metformina 1-0-1
Toujeo: Guardada en la nevera... y que siga.

joyki said:
means that it is enough with metformin.

thank you.I have type 2 and it is not enough with metformin.Only with metformin I get up with 155 glucose.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
09/04/2023 9:53 p.m.

@Baskerbill

Do not speak so sharp because it is not so.
I debuted as type 2 without overweight and directly with the exhausted pancreas.Without insulin I do not live.
I have type 2 friends who, apart from metformin, need other oral antidiabetics although the pancreas works.
It cannot be generalized.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
09/04/2023 11:23 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

diabetic said:
matrix said:
diabetic said:
diabetic said:
Joan111 said:
Joan111 said:
Joan111 said:
Joan111 said:
Excuse me.It was the doctor who told me not to medicate me.After the first diagnosis I already told him that he was not going to do it.Three months in the second analysis after having hit the anger for not having taken the medications.He retracted and told me if you do not have to lead that Spartan life.So stop waking me what will happen in my future.I will not respond to your comments.

Because I was diagnosed with type 2 and it was a type3, and they sent me pills for several years, when I should have used insuliina from the first day

And do you think everyone will happen to us?

Joan111's profile photo
Joan111
12/26/2023 4:14 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.