{'en': 'I am new and with the glucose too high', 'es': 'Soy nuevo y con la glucosa demasiado alta'} Image

I am new and with the glucose too high

Joan111's profile photo   04/07/2023 1:09 a.m.

Good night,

The truth is that I am quite lost, I have always had a glucose level approaching the limit or a little higher, a month ago in the company they did some analysis and it came out to 240 and the doctor told me because I had not told himThat he was diabetic to what I replied that he did not know.

I got some in Social Security the following week and I got 200, today my doctor has already prescribed medication.

My question is ... why this accused elevation in a year?

I have told my doctor that at the moment I will not medicate and try to go down with new life habits.

What do you think?

Thank you!

Joan111's profile photo
Joan111
04/07/2023 1:09 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, welcome to the forum.
Well, if you approached the limit, it is not uncommon for one year to spend it.The pancreas is forced little by little and in a year it takes a long time to go up.
What medication have you prescribed you? Have you looked at you glycosilada?
Regarding what you say about trying to go down with life habits, well there are various opinions.
I believe that of course you have to improve life habits but if you also need medication, then take it, since it helps to relax a pancreas that is obviously damaged.Apart from this, it is forever, I mean, that only with diet and exercise many times it is not possibleIt is very difficult.
I know there are many people who prefer to avoid medication, but it is something that with diabetes sooner or later comes.And it helps to lead a more normal life.
Much encouragement and here we are for what you need

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
04/07/2023 7:45 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

With those values ​​if I would medicate me then if you go down to normal levels and control with diet and exercise you can withdraw the medication, but I would consider it a help.I lowered it without medication, but because I had much less than you, I was at the limit between what they consider normal fasting values ​​and some for person with diabetes.But I also tell you that my diet was very strict, it is not so simpleor whatever, my social life was quite rancid ... now there is a lot.On the other hand, it is possible that over time you also need it even if you get it now and nothing happens for it.We are very reluctant to medication in diabetes and sometimes it is necessary, we are not all equal or have the same type of diabetes.My diabetes now with slow insulin is another control and another quiet totally different from what it was with pills or without medication, so much so that I am with my mind to ask to put insulin once I stop being pregnant (I have put itDuring search and during pregnancy), because the values ​​have changed with very little but enough to be in values ​​of a non -diabetic person even if it is and continue to carry a strict diet

Nila's profile photo
Nila
04/07/2023 8:47 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

The most important thing right now is that they do tests and it is determined what kind of headbands you have to know what you are facing and then acting accordingly. A greeting and welcome

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
04/07/2023 10:27 a.m.

Isabelbota said:
Hello, welcome to the forum.
Well, if you approached the limit, it is not uncommon for one year to spend it.The pancreas is forced little by little and in a year it takes a long time to go up.
What medication have you prescribed you? Have you looked at you glycosilada?
Regarding what you say about trying to go down with life habits, well there are various opinions.
I believe that of course you have to improve life habits but if you also need medication, then take it, since it helps to relax a pancreas that is obviously damaged.Apart from this, it is forever, I mean, that only with diet and exercise many times it is not possibleIt is very difficult.
I know there are many people who prefer to avoid medication, but it is something that with diabetes sooner or later comes.And it helps to lead a more normal life.
Much encouragement and here we are for what you need

Vokamet puts.Two pills a day, to the test that refers which one is?It is that the consultation was Telefónica and the doctor when I told her that I was not going to medicate me.I have been asking for my previous doctor for more than a year and I have not received an answer.In the end I will have to pay, the truth is that this vacation has given me.Tiring of YouTube tutorials and scared, I don't know if I will take a beer, it is finally.It is that in a nutshell he told me that I had many ballots to go to the other neighborhood.Thank you very much for your spirits.

Joan111's profile photo
Joan111
04/07/2023 12:41 p.m.

@Joan111
The test is glycosylated hemoglobin.It measures glucose average in 3 months and is what is usually used to determine diabetes.In cases of 120/130, the glycosilada would be decisive to see if it has been a specific value or there are already diabetes.With 200 fasting it is clear, but glycars give an idea of ​​the level to which you are.
It is normal for you to be scared, it happens to everyone.But the effects of diabetes, which are effectively very dangerous, can take us to the other neighborhood or leave us in this with a shitty quality of life, which is even worse, do not occur from one day to another, they are long term, withWhat you have time to react.
Try to change your doctor or make an appointment, but face -to -face.You tell him that you are very nervous and explain to you.And as they have told you, you have to go down, with what I would start with medication and when you are at normal levels already decide what you do.
What they have prescribed is metformin (classic for type 2 diabetes, helps a lot) and another thing that makes glucose eliminated by urine.I do not understand the second but there will be many people in the forum to take it and I can give you opinion.
The only thing is that you do not leave it, go to the doctor, trust their criteria and medication, control your diet and try to move as much as possible.
And if you can get a glucometer and strips to see your advances, better.In Amazon there are many at a reasonable price.
You know, against concern, action.

isabelbota
04/07/2023 3:25 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
@Joan111
The test is glycosylated hemoglobin.It measures glucose average in 3 months and is what is usually used to determine diabetes.In cases of 120/130, the glycosilada would be decisive to see if it has been a specific value or there are already diabetes.With 200 fasting it is clear, but glycars give an idea of ​​the level to which you are.
It is normal for you to be scared, it happens to everyone.But the effects of diabetes, which are effectively very dangerous, can take us to the other neighborhood or leave us in this with a shitty quality of life, which is even worse, do not occur from one day to another, they are long term, withWhat you have time to react.
Try to change your doctor or make an appointment, but face -to -face.You tell him that you are very nervous and explain to you.And as they have told you, you have to go down, with what I would start with medication and when you are at normal levels already decide what you do.
What they have prescribed is metformin (classic for type 2 diabetes, helps a lot) and another thing that makes glucose eliminated by urine.I do not understand the second but there will be many people in the forum to take it and I can give you opinion.
The only thing is that you do not leave it, go to the doctor, trust their criteria and medication, control your diet and try to move as much as possible.
And if you can get a glucometer and strips to see your advances, better.In Amazon there are many at a reasonable price.
You know, against concern, action.😉

Thank you very much again.I will ask my analysis and my clinical history.I do not understand that it is so serious, it is solved with a telephone appointment, anyway if I am dedicated to living as an old man, I think I will ignore.I prefer to live less and with quality.

Joan111's profile photo
Joan111
04/07/2023 4:10 p.m.

@Joan111 neither one nor the other.
Take metformin, buy a glucometer and measure glucose before and 2 hours after eating.
In 15 days you take those values ​​to the header and the medication will regulate you.
With healthy diet and exercise you will go down but starting from 200b on an empty stomach would cost you a lot, if you take the antidiabetic you will do it before.
It's like when your head hurts, you can wait hours/days to leave or take an analgesic and be in time and little better.

The sacrifice is not very large, it simply reduces hydrates, it starts with flour derivatives.In your case you will see very fast results.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/07/2023 4:49 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Joan111 said:

Thank you very much again.I will ask my analysis and my clinical history.I do not understand that it is so serious, it is solved with a telephone appointment, anyway if I am dedicated to living as an old man, I think I will ignore.I prefer to live less and with quality.

The problem of ignoring diabetes is not that you live less, it is that you can have a bad quality of life if the complications arrive.

isabelbota
04/07/2023 5:04 p.m.

ruthbia said:
@Joan111 neither one nor the other.
Take metformin, buy a glucometer and measure glucose before and 2 hours after eating.
In 15 days you take those values ​​to the header and the medication will regulate you.
With healthy diet and exercise you will go down but starting from 200b on an empty stomach would cost you a lot, if you take the antidiabetic you will do it before.
It's like when your head hurts, you can wait hours/days to leave or take an analgesic and be in time and little better.

The sacrifice is not very large, it simply reduces hydrates, it starts with flour derivatives.In your case you will see very fast results.

Thank you very much, I'm scared.

Joan111's profile photo
Joan111
04/07/2023 6:27 p.m.

What is it to live as an old man?Diabetes is a very silent disease, if you don't treat it properly you can end up having many very different sequelae, so if you need to use medications, you don't close, it's great that you want to change habits but if it's not enough, don't close.Ask for a face -to -face with the doctor and explain to you, if you have doubts with the medication too, expose your point of view and maybe you reach a consensus

Nila's profile photo
Nila
04/08/2023 5:51 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Isabelbota said:
Joan111 said:
Isabelbota said:
Isabelbota said:
@Joan111
You know, against concern, action.😉

The problem of ignoring diabetes is not that you live less, it is that you can have a bad quality of life if the complications arrive.

I had to wait for me after vacation to make them.But I have read values ​​of 500 and 600. I did not think that 200 are already very dangerous

Joan111 said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
@Joan111 neither one nor the one norother.

Joan111 said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
@joan11 nor the one nor the other.

Thank you, I walked 4 km yesterday and today I had only lowered one point.What is the best time to exercise?

Joan111's profile photo
Joan111
04/08/2023 4:01 p.m.

After meals

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
04/08/2023 5:28 p.m.

After walking the glucose.So as they tell you after meals causes meals to rise less.
I walk many times before having breakfast or before eating and it also helps me to have breakfast or food less.
What you can't expect is to get up lower unless you exercise after dinner ...
And less only with an exercise day.This is a background race.

isabelbota
04/08/2023 6:30 p.m.

Welcome.
If you have type 2 diabetes (I do not know if the others the same), medication and at the same time change habits but you have to take the medication, then if you manage to change your habits and improve your glucose you can leave the medication (1 year enduring minimal).
I speak to you from mine changing habits costs ostia and once you get it you have to maintain because if you do not return to diabetes again (it is not as easy as it seems !!).It is like when you sign up for the gym to go to lose weight that you end up leaving it ... !!, this costs nose, it is not to take it to a joke.
Another thing there are many people who have diabetes and do not know, I think the both percent of Hispanics is in 1 in 6 (I read it somewhere).

Pyrri's profile photo
Pyrri
04/08/2023 8:22 p.m.

Diabetes Tipo 2 (2014) con 38 años - Neuropatía Diabética (2013) - Polineuropatía Diabética sensitiva axonal moderado-grave en miembros inferiores (2021) - Jubilado en 2022 con 45 años. (Synjardy (Mettformina) - Trulicity - Ozempic - Gabapentina). HBA1c: 4,5%. Discapacidad del 35% - Presbicia con 45 años (ya no veo de cerca, pero no hay retinopatía diabética en los ojos). Abuela materna y Abuela paterna e tíos diabéticos tipo 1

Isabelbota said:
after walking the glucose.So as they tell you after meals causes meals to rise less.
I walk many times before having breakfast or before eating and it also helps me to have breakfast or food less.
What you can't expect is to get up lower unless you exercise after dinner ...
And less only with an exercise day.This is a background race.

I usually walk around seven or eight in the afternoon, yesterday almost an hour.What I am noticing is that urine much less at night, which is still a relief.Thank you so much

Joan111's profile photo
Joan111
04/09/2023 3:51 p.m.

pyrri said:
welcome.
If you have type 2 diabetes (I do not know if the others the same), medication and at the same time change habits but you have to take the medication, then if you manage to change your habits and improve your glucose you can leave the medication (1 year enduring minimal).
I speak to you from mine changing habits costs ostia and once you get it you have to maintain because if you do not return to diabetes again (it is not as easy as it seems !!).It is like when you sign up for the gym to go to lose weight that you end up leaving it ... !!, this costs nose, it is not to take it to a joke.
Another thing there are many people who have diabetes and do not know, I think the both percent of Hispanics is in 1 in 6 (I read it somewhere).

It is not to take it to a joke, you are right

Joan111's profile photo
Joan111
04/09/2023 3:53 p.m.

First the sugar to high is toxic, take the pills if everything goes well you will remove them.
Second asks for peptide C and antibodies, glycosilada gives you the average of the last 3 months but does not differentiate you between DM1 or DM2.
And as they have told you, it measures on an empty stomach and postpandrial, underpin it and take it to the next medical visit.
If it is DM2 with change of life you control it.
If it is DM1 (lada) you will control it with insulin.
The exercise is good for 2.
Walk does not lower glucose, if you are going to walk that you are not able to maintain a conversation for an hour in a row

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
04/09/2023 6:42 p.m.

otabol said:
First the sugar to high is toxic, take the pills if everything goes well you will take them away.
Second asks for peptide C and antibodies, glycosilada gives you the average of the last 3 months but does not differentiate you between DM1 or DM2.
And as they have told you, it measures on an empty stomach and postpandrial, underpin it and take it to the next medical visit.
Walk does not lower glucose, if you are going to walk that you are not able to maintain a conversation for an hour in a row

I don't go out alone and I get sweaty.I burn more calories than when I bicycle

Joan111's profile photo
Joan111
04/10/2023 1:44 a.m.

Joan111 said:
otabol said:
first the sugar to elevated is toxic, take the pills if everything goes well you will take them away.

No, I leave alone and I arrived sweaty.I burn more calories than when I bicycle

Joan111's profile photo
Joan111
04/10/2023 1:47 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.