{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Alea I read in another thread that is your anniversary.Congratulations and have a good day.
Kisses
Peace

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/02/2008 7:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello everyone.
Velia, I hope Angela stabilizes soon.Is it necessary when they are like this glycemia every hour?I say it in case nyah one day has the bomb is it worse?
Paz, about what you commented to leave them, I can only tell you that I have never had anyone to take care of it not even half an hour and it is quite distressing even to think that in case of emergency you can pull someone.You can not imagine what I would give me to be able to have a coffee with my husband alone, so if you can take advantage of him that he is also going very well because he is already a little man and he has to assume responsibilities.
Nyah's glycemia also have me a little deranged like everyone else.I do not convince me at all boligraphs because I have to put 1 or 2 u.Almost always and with the bowling alley that does not work well, so I am driving myNo, that if the skewer before, then, if you go to school, if not ........:?

Beky's profile photo
Beky
05/03/2008 6:08 p.m.

Good morning!!!!!Congratulations moms !!!!!
Beky, when he has been bad for several days to do many controls to run as soon asAnother reasons, we do not usually have other complications with the bomb .... I always say the same, that despite this I do not change it ... and here the units are put from 0.1 in 0.1, which in children is so important ..Fix, sometimes Angela is stable in 150 at 3 and I put 0.3 units and with that I get breakfast with 90, in the other way I would have arrived with 140-150 ... and not only that, with that littleInsulin is practically impossible that you have hypoglycemia ... and how I understand your mischief ....
Come, a kiss and happy day for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/04/2008 6:21 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Congratulations to all the mamis of the forum !!!!!!!!!!!!

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
05/04/2008 6:28 a.m.

Congratulations to all !!!!: D: D And thank you very much:
PEACE

DiabetesForo
05/04/2008 6:54 a.m.

Beky if it has to be difficult not to have anyone, also your child is very small, I would not leave her with anyone even if I had many people, but I also understand that in a need it is good to have people.Angel is left alone, in that we have no problems but the night .... noooo, what a fear ...
We never put 1 undee, because it does not solve anything, always minimal 2 und (of course with the little girl two droplets that come out with 1 unde do something?) It is true that you can not trust much becauseEvery time a different amount comes out putting the same units.
If you come for the Sierra de Madrid, count on me that I remain without problems.
Kisses
Peace

DiabetesForo
05/04/2008 7:09 a.m.

Congratulations moms of the forum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beki, I have read somewhere that Novonordisk has feathers of half units, I called and told me that they brought them directly from France and it is the endo who has to prescribe or ask, I tell you why maybe I solve you.I have thought about talking to Noe's endo when we go on the 16th, to see what he says, because the truth is very difficult with them so small and that when they do not want to eat anymore because he does not want and you cannot force them.I understand you very well, in the case of necessity.I have spent pneumonia and my husband had to ask for vacations to attend us, and that his family lives here, but they only used the phone.Anyway, girls, much encouragement and patience that will come better times.
Velia, did you read what I told you about the School of Parents ??????????

DiabetesForo
05/04/2008 10:44 a.m.

Good morning!!!!....
Angela started with asthma.I have a doctor at 9.30 because it is quite stinking and what to Toledana night that we have passed, despite the bronchodilator ...
At home we are surrounded by the fluff of those of those .... it seems the invasion of the mutant spores ... we have lime closed and sing and continue swarming through the air ....
Marcita, I saw about the school of parents, they have not been summoned to me, but I have my doubts about why since I recently learned that all our correspondence of the association were returning it by unknown, since they sent itto the previous address .... this head of mine.
You have a good day .... then it happened to me.Kisses.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/05/2008 3:23 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

I can finally enter, how Mono had.

I carry a horrible work streak and on the bridge I have gone to Malaga to my sister's house, to see if everything returns to normal and I can write a little more.

Well, what you said to leave them, I must be the exception because if I leave my children with my in -laws.The truth is that from the first moment they were completely involved, and although they do not make decisions of insulin (they always call us) they know howback.Even my father -in -law knows how to load the reservoir.I believe that in the associations they should do what Harpo proposes, kangaroos for our children because you cannot leave anyone.

Beky in the bomb that Nico has can be put 0.05 (I think it is the only brand that has such small measures) and in our children so young that little does they do a lot, so if you have the opportunity you ask for the animas.I hope you have beautiful luck and finally get it because what you are fighting with you deserve it.

Ah and backward congratulations to which you have celebrated anniversaries, Alea 30 (which is said soon) and Marcita 5, well and all the moms too.

I hope the allergic will go better, they have given rains for the next few days so it will relieve a bit.

Kisses

mani05's profile photo
mani05
05/05/2008 6:35 p.m.

I have a question about the situation of diabetic children in the Basque cabbage, since they tell us that there are nurses in the choles and I have seen in the newspaper "El Mundo", from 10/10/07, the following:

"Basque diabetic children are, in this sense, some privileged. A year ago their community became the first and unique to develop a program to provide public classrooms with health professionals."

Someone from there can confirm it or it is just a project.

Thank you.
Link

harpo's profile photo
harpo
05/05/2008 7:15 p.m.

I encourage all.
Velia to me when I get laziness I think that this is a challenge that I have had to live and I have to carry it forward as well as possible, you cannot live regret, you have to get strength as it is and the best way is to see them in the eye, thinkas is his life and that ours has been much better.It has to be for them.
I'm going to make breakfast that got up with 57, I will not fix the day.

DiabetesForo
05/06/2008 3:10 a.m.

Beki, man what do you feed your little ones?Noe, she is already beginning not to want Purés but does not want to eat other new things "of elderly," she says, how do you do it to eat her rations?Kisses.

DiabetesForo
05/06/2008 5:06 a.m.

Good morning in the morning.
What luck is my daughter, my mother when she sees my son click, still today after 4 years, her tears jump and look the other way, as for a need: ((. And my mother -in -law :?: Shock:
I don't even tell you, one day we were eating at home, Angel gets with 300 and peak and she tells him that if he wants a little chocolate: shock :: Shock :: Shock :.As on some occasion I have seen him eat by Hip, then take ... Aarrgg.He has a tremendous mess and see that we have explained it, thankfully that Angel knows what he has to do, that if not ...
Yesterday here, the fluffy I think they are from the chopo, those of the banana are already a while.
You have a light day.
Peace

DiabetesForo
05/06/2008 5:28 a.m.

Good morning !!!! ... joooooo, I'm busy, I enter a second that I'm going for Angela, it's that today they went to the Cáceres Museum to do activities, and I had to be very aware of it, among asthmaAnd the glycemia .....
The truth is that the laziness enters me with fatigue above all and in any case when it has high glycemias ... it surpasses me ... the rest of the time we take the best we can ....
You could give me ideas to try to carry out with our association .... I want to get a bit, Jolin, who is practically focused on adults and type 2 ...
Pumba, where are you ????
Then I spend, it's late ...
Good morning to all.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/06/2008 8:44 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia When Angela has allergy that makes glycemia up?
Peace

DiabetesForo
05/06/2008 9:04 a.m.

Paz If I am lucky in that sense, it gives a lot of peace of mind to know that you can leave them.Anyway, it is not only in this, in general both my family and that of my husband help us a lot and this is a sample that is very appreciated.

Mark the food at noon and for the rush of returning to the nursery I still give them porridge and thus control the hydrates very well and eat it right away to make them sleepy.At night I already give them solid for example meatballs with rice, fish or meat with potatoes, French tortilla with tomato and bread with oil and as I then give them the biba already complete the hydrates.Anyway suggestions are accepted because I don't know how to give them more things because they are very reluctant to try new things.

Harpo I have no idea how it will be in the Basque cabbage and I think that at the moment there is no one from there to tell us, to see if someone can tell us that it is always good to know.

Velia for the Association anything to gather children, who see that there are others in their very situation that are controlled and those things, talks in schools that people are very fish and do not collaborate because they think it seems difficult, not only for teachers also toParents who want to learn, about the kangaroos that Harpo said seems very good idea if it is not a service to "address" can be some afternoon a month that children get together in the association or somewhere so that parents can goTo have a alone coffee.I will keep thinking and tell you.

Jose a lot of encouragement to you too.

mani05's profile photo
mani05
05/06/2008 6:41 p.m.

Good night!!!!
Paz, it seems that the allergy itself, makes it free I do not know what substance that causes sugar to rise (more than allergy, asthma), and then the corticosteroids no longer want even a contant ..... I put you asexample that I have had to upload more than 2 units of basal and put 2 more units per intake, and thus I get values ​​not less than 180 .... come on, one pass .... Without more, this morning to breakfast youI put 5 units and had a post of 260, when for the same breakfast I usually put 3.8 ......... :?
Thanks man !!!!: P, to see if I find myself with more courage and start moving something and we make this an animated and participatory association, and incidentally, solidary with the parents who live this disease;), I will tell you ....
With respect to meals, I know that your shijos are still small ...Potato with the skin are made some cracks and gets into the micro approx.2 minutes on each side, until she is soft, she peels, they become rocky and sprinkle with a splash of olive oil ... I calculate approx.2 rations with about 100 grms. Potato with the skin ...
The potes are also very helped (Angela still takes them, although it gives a little shame that he says), those of Hero provide 2 rations of HC, s, of rapid absorption .... It has taken us out of more than more than more than more than more than more than more than more thanA hurry.
The soups are good at night, since the HC, S, are slow absorption and thus avoid undesirable hypoglycemia ... children often like, although mine, mmmm.
The TB potato tortilla.It usually likes them since childhood .... I make Ángela the tortilla to the microwave tb., It is very ràp, it has little fat .... I put in a bowl the corresponding potato in fine slices, with chives and a splash of oil... In principle a couple of minutes, I take it out, I move it and as I see another or another 2 minutes ... rennet an egg and voila ...
Jo, that enrols ..... tomorrow ... you have a good night.Kisses to the kids.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/06/2008 7:31 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia, since I read you about the potato on the micro, I apply it a lot because many times you do not know how to put hydrates and the truth is that a lot like.The micro potato tortilla we also do it, we also make a little zucchini and onion.Potitos too, but that in case of emergency.
Marcita, with Nayah I have to find a song in my teeth because he practically eats everything.The Purés have long left them.I always give it at noon rice, pasta or legume alternating and at night the vegetable.The spinach withdrawal with garlic, peas with ham, brocoli, cauliflower, zucchini pure, asparagus ....... less the green beans that there is no way.But in the end it is always Sota, horse and king because they have a hard time trying new things.
Harpo in my association wants to propose a bill (I think, I didn't find out how they want to focus it because I was going with Noa) and when I commented on the Basque Country, everyone told me that it was a lie that there were no nurses in schools.I can't tell you more, here there are many people from the Basque Country I guess they would know it in good ink.
Paz, I am sure that even if someone had to leave it, I would not do it but you are not enough for you to need it.
A kiss to all.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
05/06/2008 8:27 p.m.

Good morning!!!!
Yes, Beky, I do Ángela Tortilla de Calabacin and asparagus, with a lot... I don't want to know what will happen when you find out ...
And as you say, then it is Sota, Horse and King .... This girl does not like to try, it costs me a triumph, unlike her sister who since childhood she took everything ... the good thing is that a couple oftimes a week I prepare vegetable puree and there I put everything ...
Harpo, my sister -in -law is a teacher in a school in the Basque Country, to see if Juan Luis can talk to her, because I know that his is private, but something will be aware.
Good morning to all.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/07/2008 4:04 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Parents and mothers of the forum, I have recently read news that ensures that " breastfeeding children are smarter " and also that " also decreasing the riskto develop hypertension, diabetes and obesity ", what do you think of the subject?

Then I copy the news:

breastfeeding children are smarter

A new study has offered the best test to date that breastfeeding can make a smarter child, as an international team of researchers announced.

The children who were breastfed for a longer time and who had not mixed breast milk with that of formula achieved a higher score in intelligence tests, the researchers said, from Canada and Belarus.Around half of the 14,000 babies studied were randomly assigned to a group in which prolonged and exclusive breastfeeding was encouraged, in hospitals and hospitals in Belarus.The mothers of the other children did not receive a special stimulus.

Previous studies had pointed to better brain development and benefits in the intelligence of breastfeeding babies, but experts tried to determine whether this was due to breastfeeding or that mothers who prefer to breastfeed their babies are different from those who opt forformula milk.

"The mothers who breastfeed, do so for longer or more exclusively are different from mothers who do not," Dr. Michael Kramer, from McGill University and the Children's Hospital in Montreal said in a telephone interview."They are usually smarter. They tend to invest more (time) in their babies. They usually interact with them more closely. They would be the type of mothers who read their children more, who spend more time with them, who play with them,"Kramer added, who directed the study published in the Archives of General Psychiatry magazine.

To eliminate confusion in this regard, babies were divided into two random groups, regardless of the characteristics of their mothers.Then, for about six and a half years, the differences between the two groups with tests of intellectual quotient and the qualifications of their teachers in subjects such as reading, writing or mathematics were measured.The results in both fields were much higher in the children of the group in which breastfeeding was promoted.

However, Kramer stressed that it is still unknown how breastfeeding makes the smartest children."It could be due to the fact that breastfeeding takes longer, the mother interacts more with the baby, talks more with the baby," said the researcher."It could be due to an emotional or physical issue, or a hormone or something else in the milk that absorbs the baby."

Previous research has shown that breast milk offers more health benefits than formula, reducing the incidence of ear, stomach or intestine infections, digestive problems, skin diseases and allergies and also decreasing the risk of developing hypertension, diabetes and obesity.

fer's profile photo
fer
05/07/2008 4:53 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.