{'en': 'What would happen if a non -diabetic is injected insulin?', 'es': '¿Que pasaría si un no diabético se inyecta insulina?'} Image

What would happen if a non -diabetic is injected insulin?

Quim's profile photo   06/02/2011 7:46 a.m.

In my case, fortunately, I have never lost my consciousness totally, yes, the worst descent had it a few months ago, at work, my legs folded and I had to take me between two, they thought I had given me aAttack to the heart or something like that, in the end a cumulus of circumstances that detonate in mega-low, take care of: stress, lack of sleep, heat, stand up just before eating, Dexcom failures, travel, not eat inRegular schedule, etc ... In my case, you agreed all this and almost grab me!

In your case, were you alone? How did you recover?

fer's profile photo
fer
06/03/2015 12:04 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:
In your case, you were alone? How did you recover ??
>

It has happened to me several times to wake up with the Samur at home .. That time I don't know what happened, but I slowly recovered consciousness ... I remember a black nebula that gradually became clearer and I saw myself desperately looking for sugar.At that time I did not think about it, but I was alone at home.I don't know what would have been of me not having woken up ... but maybe it would have been much worse than a tooth less and a gap.

Luckily we are here and we continue to war !!And with more spirits and energy than ever;)

koyadovic's profile photo
koyadovic
06/03/2015 12:09 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The electroshock according to medical jargon is called Tec (electro seizure therapy) and I don't know how, but it was discovered that it erases recent memory.
It is currently used for depression cases so that patients do not remember their depressive phase.
In an era it was also used as a "coercion" method so that the patient "behaves".
So looking for a coercive system it was discovered that insulin shocks were the most powerful measure of those known.
Currently with antipsychotic measures so wild are not needed
And yes ... an insulinic shock is nothing more than a beast and controlled hypoglycemia

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
06/03/2015 12:11 a.m.

DM1 Lada debut 22/12/2013 con 55 años

Well, good that you are still here !!!, back to your app, if you look at the forum, after the scare I had, I added a "emergency called" button, which does several things, send an alert mail to aList of addresses that pre-configures with your location and also call a number that you put in the conference, all at the same time and with a single click.

If you don't have it in yours, you might think about incorporating.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/03/2015 12:14 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Interesting and incredible, what I have learned, thanks.
I, the strongest descents I have them sleeping, and wake up trembling.
Before I put a Magdalena or a juice at night, on the table, I stopped doing it.But reading you, right now I wear something sweet on the bedside table, have if I get it routinely.I don't want me to happen like Koyadovic.I hope you never happen to you, neither you nor anyone.
To take care of yourself ...... I'm going for juice.

:))

Consu's profile photo
Consu
06/03/2015 12:46 a.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

Let's see that I have no servants ... I always wear sugar and juices on and at home everywhere, on the nightstand especially here I have to the little straw and a tarrito with sugar, glass and teaspoon, so when I ask for itis that I look to die ...
If I have lost the knowledge twice when I took the corticosteroids because as the adrenals cancel your body does not respond (if they are taken prolonged) and the glucagon does not work very good in those conditions and wake up with the samur because they had put me 2 glucagonesAnd he still did not react, his

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/03/2015 11:45 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Recently I saw the movie a wonderful mind, the prota "insulinian shocks" ... And I thinking, these people have no idea !!Insulin!?... the one who had no idea was me :))
I don't want to imagine what these people would happen ... what brutality

Lidia Márquez Rodríguez's profile photo
Lidia Márquez Rodríguez
06/03/2015 2:36 p.m.

26 años - DM1 desde 2010
Bomba insulina Minimed 640G - Uso Freestyle libre de forma discontinua

Well, I would like to put a point of humor in this thread, because it is quite hard is our day to day to argue.I would never let anyone healthy be insulin, I only do glycemia and I remember my sister say that she hurt her finger a week :))
To what I was going, once I poured insulin (with a good drip)A more anecdote =))

pochola's profile photo
pochola
07/31/2015 10:07 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Now that you say about your sister, when I am going to make myIt is hurting 2 days and even the yolk of that finger is a little purple, what pain !!!!
The last time I already told them that I punctured myself with my storing because my mother ... !!!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/31/2015 10:22 a.m.

@gala, I never let them click me with those drilling [-x I always shed with my ball, which I already have it regulates.By the way I have read for another thread that you have to discard the first drop of blood when you click on, how is that?Do you know?I click and put the strip and period, and I recognize that I do not wash my hands before.Only if I agree that I am going to eat, but I am out there, then not ...

pochola's profile photo
pochola
07/31/2015 10:32 a.m.

Well, I have never heard about the 1st drop, as if I had plentyLavo every time I do a control ... you say it, if it agrees that I enter home or I will eat if not, no ... a little cochineta. ,, ah!And my finger sucks me after controlling me

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/31/2015 10:52 a.m.

If you want an explanation of why non -diabetics are more weak against an insulin and hypoglycemia injection, and can die with a small insulin injection:

They, having functional beta cells, are constantly releasing glucagon and emptying the glucose (glucogen) of the liver and this has much less reserves in case of need than us.

The diabetics only use that reserve in case of hypoglycemia with what we always have it to be fulfilled and prepared to act.

That is the main reason why we should not inject glucagon if it is not strictly necessary.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/31/2015 11:19 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Pochola stomach acids are loaded insulin before it is absorbed by the body.Theoretically you can drink an entire vial of insulin without anything happening to you.

That is why we continue with injection and we don't have pills or something more comfortable.We anchor in the last century.

By the way, if it worked it would be a good way to kill someone, insulin in the cup, many murders had been committed.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
07/31/2015 11:29 a.m.

hahahaha great .. I already thought I was doing everything ass ... that if washing, without discarding ... I just thought that .. but to get a drop sometimes I have to do a butcher shop.And I also suck my finger =))

pochola's profile photo
pochola
07/31/2015 5:04 p.m.

Gala@ I always waste it.They told me from the beginning already k altered blood glucose.
It will be true or not ... I always carry the Kleenex inside to clean it before doing glycemia.

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
07/31/2015 6:11 p.m.

Well, as @Gala does nothing, so it costs me sometimes to get enough quantity to get a control!Anyway, taking into account the margin of error that in case they have the glucometers it already seems a bit to curl the curl

Inday's profile photo
Inday
07/31/2015 6:40 p.m.

Even if it is curiosity, I should not do it because the hiccup would be ordago and dangerous, it is more I have had hypos and I do not want anyone, the better to be reported in books and diabetes sites if it is curious ,,, I do not understand aboutTruth people who want to try an hypo ,,, is distressing the sensation ,,, I would like to be not diabetic to not have any ,,,

xavi79's profile photo
xavi79
11/25/2015 9:05 p.m.

Hello,

Insulin caales-receptors are glut4, insulin-dependent glucose transporters.When a peripheral cell receives insulin in these receptors, they allow the passage of glucose.The concentration so that it can spread through these channels is 5 mmols per liter if I remember correctly.

The brain has other types of glut receptors, I think they were type 3. Only with 1 mmol per liter, the brain is already able to internalize glucose.In addition, their receptors are independent of insulin, that is, glucose always enters.The minimum concentration is so small for safety: the brain (not to be that there is ketoadaptation, but normally it would not have to be so) can always obtain blood glucose no matter how small its concentration is.

There is another hormone, that of growth, or GH, or somatotropa, which has insuline-flike growth factor (IGF-1) in addition to producing insulinor resistance.Whenever there is no cortisol giving a sack blocking this factor (and making the GH simply diabetogenic during the night), this factor produces growth.This is why insulin is an anabolic hormone, that is, it takes advantage of the fact that there is food available to indicate to the body "EY, it is time to create tissue", since it has similar receptors.

Said all this, what happens with an excess of insulin (for example, an insulinoma).Well, it is clear, more internalization of glucose through the glut4 of skeletal muscle and adipocytes, because there is more Glut4 activation.If it is artificially increased, it produces the entrance by Glut4 even below 5 mmols by simple "harassment" of the receiver.The brain costs more glucose inside for its independent channels and, unless it is ketoadapted (on an empty stomach) possibly not to endure.In fact, even if it is ketoadapted, because in that case it is the liver (or the kidney if the fasting is extremely long) that is producing glucose to maintain a minimum glucid metabolism in the brain.If that is lost, the Claudica brain and vegetatism begins: SNS signals to accelerate the heart in a desperate attempt to compensate for the little glucose that comes to increase the blood flow.Without success, of course.SNPS tries to stop this excessive reaction from the heart, it is a system that innervates the sweat glands, hence in hypoglycemia it is sweat.There is peripheral contraction due to the increase of SNS when trying to divert the blood to the brain to try to save it, based on reducing blood flow to less important tissues: in this case, the first to annoy the skin, and hence the cold.

Finally, death due to the failure of the SNS and claudication of the heart muscle after a coma occurs, so I imagine that you are not very aware of what is happening to that point.

joejunior's profile photo
joejunior
01/13/2016 10:16 p.m.

He does not occur to which the butter was injecting insulin, not being diabetic.With all my respects, I can't find any type of logic that someone wants to experiment with that.

Good night.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
02/15/2016 12:10 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

To my sometimes I want to put insulin to the occasional when you have a descent that the Cannuts and tells you: that exaggerated, it will not be so much .. Well, nothing small, when you want to do the test to see how such ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/15/2016 12:56 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.