{'en': 'What would happen if a non -diabetic is injected insulin?', 'es': '¿Que pasaría si un no diabético se inyecta insulina?'} Image

What would happen if a non -diabetic is injected insulin?

Quim's profile photo   06/02/2011 7:46 a.m.

If you had assaulted someone, you would not be writing anymore in this forum, at least temporarily.

This is an opinion forum.
Opinions are refuted.
And if you don't like the opinions that you write can be dressed by others ... better not write anything.

As a moderator, it is my role (among others) to ensure that they do not say barbarities like the one you have said and make it very clear that there are things that should not be done (because this reads much more people than they write and of whichwe think).

And for the moment, I have nothing against you because I do not know you about anything ... but if your interventions go in the line that you have followed in this thread, we will continue to collide.
I have been vehement because I consider a barbarity what you have written and much less coming from someone who claims to be a medical student.
Above the reactions we have had: shock: .... As you will understand (although for your words I see that no) the minimum is to get your attention.

Finally, I prefer to answer you publicly because it is the line that I have followed in this thread.
Perhaps, you would have preferred to delete your message and the debate would not have started.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/28/2011 5:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you had assaulted someone, you would no longer be writing in this forum, at least temporarily.

This is an opinion forum.
Opinions are refuted.
And if you don't like the opinions that you write can be dressed by others ... better not write anything.

As a moderator, it is my role (among others) to ensure that they do not say barbarities like the one you have said and make it very clear that there are things that should not be done (because this reads much more people than they write and of whichwe think).

And for the moment, I have nothing against you because I do not know you about anything ... but if your interventions go in the line that you have followed in this thread, we will continue to collide.
I have been vehement because I consider a barbarity what you have written and much less coming from someone who claims to be a medical student.
Above the reactions we have had: shock: .... As you will understand (although for your words I see that no) the minimum is to get your attention.

Finally, I prefer to answer you publicly because it is the line that I have followed in this thread.
Perhaps, you would have preferred to delete your message and the debate would not have started.

And I finish this conflict.I think that if my opinion that the consequences of 2 insulin units in a non -diabeticWithout growning up as you did, check your post and you will see if you attacked me, apart from questioning who I am, who does not bother me much because on the Internet anyone can impersonate what it is.Anyway, I hope we have no more problems, if you doubt my identity, simply contact me in the personal mail that I send you by private message.

nicoinme's profile photo
nicoinme
06/28/2011 6:29 p.m.

Please do not discuss ... you know things about diabetes and you are helping us ... but you just have different opinions ...
I really believe that for two doses of fast insulin, someone will go to the other world (although then they have to take something sweet) but the truth is that I would never let my partner for example be injected ... I have enough I already have...

roxio89's profile photo
roxio89
06/28/2011 7:10 p.m.

Hello colleagues.
Well, berry what surprise ... Well, I didn't know that this post would have such controversy.As I asked the question and I will at least intervene.

Owash, Nicoinme ... what to tell you .. With all my respects and from the love to both of them, I think this issue was hand in hand and you have both exaggerated.

In the forum I never address a person since I like to speak in general as if we were a large group of friends.But this time I will.

Owash, tell you that every day I learn more about you and that with each intervention you do surprised me, thank you.

Nicoinme, in the post you gave a different point of view to the previous rest, prove it or not it is the responsibility of each one.

What I like most about this internet corner is the diversity of person involved, age, countries, sex, professions, experiences ... and with this the different opinions.
I consider that from any opinion - comment, you learn and are very positive while it is done with the utmost respect.I consider this failing ...

With this I want to express my little disappointment with the theme :( ... we are all on the same ship and we have to help us.

Many hugs to both of them and I hope to continue reading your comments.

Greetings.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
06/29/2011 8:20 a.m.

Quim That is the end of this forum, learn and learn with the experience of others and help from our own experience, but we must not forget a thing and that many people who do not intervene are read and therefore it is very important to measureand think what is written because we do not know who is behind the screen.

DiabetesForo
06/29/2011 11:13 a.m.

Well, well.I disconnect a time from the forum and I find these little things.

To start, all my support for Owash.In my opinion it has almost been too soft.

To say that two insulin units cannot harm anyone is quite stupid.Two units in whom?In someone of 100 kilos or 40?In an adult or in a child?In someone healthy or with problems?
How many units can be considered dangerous?

This reminds me of drugs.A cubata does nothing.A joint does nothing.A coca line does nothing.And two cubatas?And two joints?And two stripes?Do all healthy and adult people have the same tolerance?

In the hospital, the endocretino my daughter had when she debuted told us about a woman who was arrested for attempted murder of her husband with insulin.And he told us that they discovered it because they already suspected it previously for previous attempts with other substances, because if not, it would have gone unnoticed and they would have certified a cardiac arrest.

Do you know how many deaths are caused by injecting insulin to non -diabetic people?Sure not, neither do me, for the simple reason that insulin is not detected in autopsies as "weapon" and because in most cases not even of autopsy, certifying as natural death.

Playing with this seems dangerous, reckless and even not very ethical.And the athletes who do these nonsense, simply seem stupid and should disqualify them all.

Health

DiabetesForo
07/10/2011 2:34 p.m.

Once again reality surpasses fiction ... In case anyone still had doubts about what can happen if we play with insulin in people without diabetes:

A diabetics kills her husband with an insulin overdose in Aspe
Link to the news: Link ... 10801.html

3 doses of its insulin
;I imagine that he will refer to 3 units, not 3 full feathers: shock:

By the way, the holder absolutely disgusting ... defines a part for the whole, a characteristic of the person cannot define an act or a person.

DiabetesForo
08/01/2011 11:47 a.m.

Thanks for the information and especially for the common sense Owash.

As always, it is a pleasure to enjoy your reading.;)

greetings

DiabetesForo
08/01/2011 5:29 p.m.

I wouldn't try it ... I don't care if the people around me do not know what I feel with hypoglycemia.Better for them that you don't have to feel it!

Anna4's profile photo
Anna4
08/10/2011 6:36 a.m.

It is the most unpleasant issue of the forum, but also necessary for people to know.
It is simply, depending on what you are injected, a downturn of the copon, and if you don't know what to do, you die.When you give you a downturn your legs fail, the view, the ability to ration, tremors, etc.And it goes wrong until you get something sweet.
I am sure that everyone, which is not diabetic, must know how to act when they find this problem with a relative, friend or unknown, then get something sweet, very sweet.This would save his life.
Greetings.

Consu's profile photo
Consu
06/02/2015 12:44 a.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

Although I agree with @Consu, I have once thought that someone in my environment, or that it was only for once, knew what it feels like, because it is a feeling that if you do not pass it, you do not know how it is, and bySo much, it is not well understood, or is exaggerated, or minimized, which lifts even more curious situations.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/02/2015 9:48 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Je je! I have thought about it too, especially when I ask my husband, mother, or with whom I am to bring me a juice and start to stir or remove him because they have thrown him sugar and to dissolve (my husbandHe even gives the typical taps to the ass of the container, to kill him !!!) and they give me a won to tell them (I have once told him) you want to give me a dagger time (to put it pretty)!You had to be like that so that you knew that it is good to have during that minute that you throw wanding up !!!!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/02/2015 3:30 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Oh!Poormericos! ... If they bring you to the juices and everything! I thought rather on the nights that you wake up at 3 in the morning with a low that everything trembles and you do the impossible so as not to wake up to anyone and recoverAs you can, and the next day they still make you a bad face because you have turned on the light or bothered ... there they want to explain it with the experience you do not see !!!

fer's profile photo
fer
06/02/2015 10:10 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

During the Soviet era in Russia there were different ways of dealing with the "dissidents."In the first years when they needed someone to self -inseculate - for example - be participating in the plot to kill Julio Cesar would resort to physical torture (the slapped and broken legs to understand us).
In the time of Nikita Jrushchov especially with characters observed by the West or high positions of the army, things became a little more refined and they were subjected to deprivation of sleep, continuous noise etc. that left no marks or broken bones but needed time andThere were guys who endured weeks.
In the time of Leonid Brezhnev they were technified and the system was controlledly insulinly injecting a couple of times a day and as the desired confession was obtained in just a few days.
This was told by a teacher in the faculty to illustrate us about the horror of hypoglycemia and in some occasion I have read some collateral reference to this type of torture in Russia and countries of the Soviet orbit.
I would never imagine that I would have first -hand information of this type of torture

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
06/02/2015 10:47 p.m.

DM1 Lada debut 22/12/2013 con 55 años

I am missing anything that can be used in this way, the sensations are horrible ... Thank you for sharing @ernesto!

fer's profile photo
fer
06/02/2015 10:50 p.m.

Here a post of the forum that more scientifically explains hypoglycemia, although, I keep the version of @ernesto, it's brutal !!!, so anyone understands!

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
06/02/2015 11:29 p.m.

Insulinic clashes were also applied to patients admitted to psychiatric until a few years ago.As an evolution of electroshocks.

What I did not know is that they were so dangerous in non -diabetic people, I believed that having islets that generate glucagon there would be less danger, but I see that there is a fairly short limit too.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
06/02/2015 11:46 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Come now! ... insulinic crashes?!They were guinea pigs.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/02/2015 11:52 p.m.

fer said:
ay!Poormericos! ... If they bring you to the juices and everything! I thought rather on the nights that you wake up at 3 in the morning with a low that everything trembles and you do the impossible so as not to wake up to anyone and recoverAs you can, and the next day they still make you a bad face because you have turned on the light or bothered ... there they want to explain it with the experience you do not see !!!

Buff is that it is complicated.

I the greatest descent I had lost knowledge and I don't even know how, in the middle I recover, I raised looking for desperate sugar through all the rooms of the house, even in the bathroom!...?!

When I looked in the mirror I had a gap in my head and I lacked a tooth ... It was the most unpleasant thing I have lived in my whole life.I do not recommend it to anyone.

koyadovic's profile photo
koyadovic
06/02/2015 11:58 p.m.

"Insulin shock or insulin coma therapy therapy was a form of psychiatric treatment in which patients were repeatedly injected with large doses of insulin in order to produce coma for several weeks. It was introduced in 1927 by the psychiatristAustrian-American Manfred Sakel and was widely used in 1940 and 1950, mainly for schizophrenia, before falling into misfortune and being replaced by neuroleptics.

Insulinic coma therapy and convulsive therapies are known collectively as shock therapy.Although insulin coma therapy had disappeared in the US for the 1970s, it was still being used at that time, in some countries, such as China and the Soviet Union. "
Link

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
06/02/2015 11:58 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.