{'en': 'What would happen if a non -diabetic is injected insulin?', 'es': '¿Que pasaría si un no diabético se inyecta insulina?'} Image

What would happen if a non -diabetic is injected insulin?

Quim's profile photo   06/02/2011 7:46 a.m.

Hello colleagues,

The question will be strange but I will explain why.

When I have a hypoglycemia in front of my wife, she always looks at me between scared and curiosity and always asks me - as I would like to happen to me only once to understand what you feel - I explain but this I do not calm down her desire to experiment and learn.

The other day he asked me that question - what would happen if I put a little insulin to make a descent has purpose?Doctors experience to have experiences and nothing happens to them...

The first thing scared me, and I thought - !!!!! But what does it say now!

I would not like anyone to feel offended by what I write and that nobody thinks it is a mockery or joke, but I value my wife a lot and I think their thoughts are very good.

What do you think of the subject? If I did something bad?

Thank you very much for all colleagues.

Greetings.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
06/02/2011 7:46 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello quim,
Do not answer that question, I do not know what would happen, the connoisseurs would answer that doubt, but tell you that I have asked myself that question, and more than once I have thought that my husband should experience what happens to us when we have hiccups, so that they realize what it is, and to get into my skin even for a moment
Let's see what they answer
Greetingsssssssssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
06/02/2011 8:25 a.m.

I know a doctor who injected insulin to try hypoglycemia and know firsthand what he feels.
And I know another who injected insulin for much more drastic purposes.And he got it.He died by hypoglycemic coma.

In a "normal" person, a small amount would try to be naturally compensated by the body.If it is not possible, the brain will launch the warning signals that throws us when we have them, saying "eat."And if the amount is very large, because what would happen to us would happen;We would go into a coma.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/02/2011 8:28 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

In bodybuilding it is very common to inject insulin without being diabetic and ingesting along with this quite amounts of carbohydrates to fill muscle deposits.In this way, a blood glucose peak is avoided and prevents the body from detecting large amounts of glucose to storing it in the form of fat.They use only the rapid, among them the humalog and amounts that are around the unit are recommended for every 10 kg more or less.Many bodybuilders end up being diabetic after a few years, but it seems that they don't care much because they get insulin with recipe and price thrown.A few days ago I read about a bodybuilder who finished a competition, being third, he went to eat and was injected with so much insulin that he died of hypoglycemia after having ingested 18 first dishes and 12 desserts.Then with more time I put the video and some links.

JoseManuel's profile photo
JoseManuel
06/02/2011 8:58 a.m.

This is an article about insulin in bodybuilding:

If written in the insulin and bodybuilding search engine or bodybuilding, a lot of articles will be found in this regard.I mean that a large number of bodybuilders consume insulin without being diabetic and have hypoglycemia symptoms only when they are injected too high.It is also true that they eat a lot of carbohydrates in each meal.

This video talks about the death of an Argentine bodybuilder for passing insulin.

JoseManuel
06/02/2011 12:12 p.m.

In a healthy person, what happens when injecting insulin depends on the amount that is injected: low dose -& GT;Possibly or notice it, intermediate dose -& GT;mild hypoglycemia, high dose -& GT;severe hypoglycemia can reach the loss of knowledge, overdose -& GT;wooden pajamas.

Many bodybuilders end up being diabetic after a few years, but it seems that they don't care much because they get insulin with recipe and price thrown.
If they end up suffering from diabetes, it is not to be injected insulin, it is throughout the cane that occur, they are injected with everything that caught in front (anabolizing substances of all kinds not only insulin, growth hormone, steroids, ...).
If they end up suffering from diseases such as diabetes, it is for how much their body "takes care of".

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/02/2011 3 p.m.

In more than one movie they have charged some with insulin ...:-/

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/03/2011 3:59 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello colleagues.

Well, tell you that after reading everything you comment, I think ... I don't try it better, I don't want to charge my wife.
Many thanks for everything.The truth is that I found the data of the bodybuilders super curious and as Velia say, making memory, it is true that in several films they kill with insulin overdose.

Many hugs

Quim's profile photo
Quim
06/03/2011 7:20 a.m.

Jolin, you have left me hallucinated with that people have died in movies for injecting insulin ... what horror !!
I would prefer not to have such a "perfect" body and not have to inject myself again ... on topthat is going with a "low": shock:

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
06/09/2011 11:36 a.m.

I suppose that the dangerous the subject for a non-diabetic person is to be primed with the thread and give more spin of the ball than a thread-chapa screw.I explain myself.It is not the same to put 4 units and control hypoglycemia if it appears that getting 16 and having to eat a kilo of rice and wait for it to be enough.Many would surprise you if you see the amount of carbohydrates that is capable of eating a cyclist who comes from training and has done 200 kilometers any day.DAYS I have spent hours looking for information on how to use insulin to apply it to a type of training, whether cycling, athletics or musculation and as I see, although it is very difficult to find information, it is a very useful tool, if notIndispensable, in every elite sport, even more in these days than chemistry along with sports medicine has become essential.Pantani himself suspended the license to find insulin in the room where he had been.There are more cases.I would not use it if I did not miss, but since I am forced by diabetes I want to use it as best I can.If the athletes themselves could talk, I am sure there are hundreds and/or thousands that use it every day and not as many deaths are heard as expected, yes, with doctors controlling the doses and continuously studying the analytics of everything that isThey put.

JoseManuel
06/14/2011 11:39 a.m.

With regard to films, I believe that in "the evil of others," Eduardo Noriega used insulin for those needs.

DiabetesForo
06/19/2011 8:39 a.m.

The effects of the pharmaco will be the same, that is, it will tend to hypoglycemia.If you really want to interact it, only with caution.The first use a fast insulin analog, either Lyspro or insulin aspartato.The second have 1 liter of Coca Cola next to it.As soon as you feel the symptoms you give coca and point, the game is over in 2 minutes.The other important thing is to contract glycemia in the next hours since insulin will be between 3-5 hours in the blood, and do not do sports.
Well, with that I think it reaches, it does not give to become the novel that you will die for giving 2 insulin units to a non -diabetic.And the movies can always be an invention, in Prison Break the protagonist was injected insulin without being diabetic and his hands barely trembled, hahahaha, they have no idea, I can't even think two things at the same time when I have low glycemia.

If someone proves it please tell what happened, ask the person questions with numbers, and things that have to reason, they will immediately realize what it is not to have enough glucose for neurons.

Greetings.

nicoinme's profile photo
nicoinme
06/27/2011 9:58 p.m.

The effects of the pharmaco will be the same, that is, it will tend to hypoglycemia.
That is debatable, And the movies can always be an invention, in Prison Break the protagonist was injected insulin without being diabetic and barely trembled his hands, hahahaha, they have no idea, I don'tI can even think two things at the same time when I have low glycemia.
In the particular case of that series that you have said ('Prison Break') the protagonist possesses a person with type 1 diabetes to be able to go to the nursing of the jail every day to be able to do something that is part of hisjail escape plan.
In principle he is a healthy person who does not have diabetes (he does not need insulin or any medication related to diabetes) and insulin injections suppose a problem but they have to be put to maintain his cover, as a consequence of injecting insulin they give him small bass, small hypoglycemia, they tremble a little hands.
So far the fiction part that can be credible, here is no lie (a healthy person with a low/intermediate dose of insulin gives him small hypoglycemia) but since the series is not going to focus on diabetes they will not put themselves toRecording all the hypoglycemia that give or anything like that, diabetes is only a means to get an end (go to the nursing of the jail every day) but now is where the part that is totally fiction enters: to avoid theInsulin effects tries to get in the marketing of drugs and medications of the jail a medicine?What is called "Pacnac" (I have sought it with all the combinations of "C" and "k" possible and I have not found anything, possibly or exists), it is known that PQ achieves it at least in a couple of episodes.

In his day the matter made me funny (I have diabetes and diabetes appears in a series that I am following) and it gave me to investigate whether it was true about medication?"Pacnac" to inhibit the action of insulin.

The dramatization that can be given to the issue of injecting insulin into novels, soap operas, television series, movies, ... etc is one thing and then there is the reality and reality is that with an insulin overdose a person can die (Have or not have diabetes).

If someone tries please tell what happened, ask the person questions with numbers, and things that have to reason, immediately you will realize what it is not to havesufficient glucose for neurons.

They miss me at least two things: one is that if you have diabetes (no matter the guy) animals to do something that can happen to them is to suffer hypoglycemia (something that is not a pleasant or pleasant sensationnothing like that) and that has risks (if they pass in the dose they can have a good scare).
The other thing that surprises me is that in another thread you have said that you are a 5th year medicine student, if that data is true, it seems more serious to encourage people, I think you should be at the other extreme, deterring thepeople to do things like injecting insulin.

DiabetesForo
06/28/2011 3:44 p.m.

Yes, I also seemed a bit strange that a medical student encourages an "potentially dangerous" test.It would not be the first time someone dies for injecting insulin ...

tica's profile photo
tica
06/28/2011 4:04 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

The effects of the pharmaco will be the same, that is, it will tend to hypoglycemia.If you really want to interact it, only with caution.The first use a fast insulin analog, either Lyspro or insulin aspartato.The second have 1 liter of Coca Cola next to it.As soon as you feel the symptoms you give coca and point, the game is over in 2 minutes.The other important thing is to contract glycemia in the next hours since insulin will be between 3-5 hours in the blood, and do not do sports.
Well, with that I think it reaches, it does not give to become the novel that you will die for giving 2 insulin units to a non -diabetic.And the movies can always be an invention, in Prison Break the protagonist was injected insulin without being diabetic and his hands barely trembled, hahahaha, they have no idea, I can't even think two things at the same time when I have low glycemia.

If someone proves it please tell what happened, ask the person questions with numbers, and things that have to reason, they will immediately realize what it is not to have enough glucose for neurons.

Greetings.

It is one of the greatest barbarities that I have heard or read in my life ...

Please, nobody plays with a medicine like insulin ... is as simple as life is played.

DiabetesForo
06/28/2011 4:21 p.m.

I do not encourage anyone to do anything, I just say that the risks are the same as for us.I keep being a 5th medical and diabetic student for doing so.Do not be alarmed so much.I have hypoglycemia (values ​​of less than 60) 5 or more times a week, I get sweaty, etc., I take a juice or as something and it happens to me, I still study, working or whatever it is doing at the time,I'm not going to make a movie every time glycemia lowers me.If when we insulin a diabetic in the emegencia because it is decompensated it is the same, we must monitor, measure it every time to see how the insulin that we provide, is not for so much, it is not for so much, the symptoms are very clear and if we are togetherTo that person after giving insulin nothing will happen.
I don't think it is so much drama what I said, more than anything I explained the precautions that would have to have if it is done.Incredible reactions !!!!!!hahaha

nicoinme's profile photo
nicoinme
06/28/2011 4:25 p.m.

Let's see, foolish ... Do you know what you are saying?

That nothing happens to inject insulin to a "healthy" person ... which, you probably do not have the slightest idea what their basic physical conditions are, or if you have a latent self -immune problem or 15000 things that can happen to you.

If you want to play doctors, you take a laboratory rat and inject what you want, you give cocacola and measure as many times you want.

This is an opinion forum, we try to help people, we are not to encourage the Russian roulette ...

DiabetesForo
06/28/2011 4:32 p.m.

Let's see, foolish ... Do you know what you are saying?

That nothing happens to inject insulin to a "healthy" person ... which, you probably do not have the slightest idea what their basic physical conditions are, or if you have a latent self -immune problem or 15000 things that can happen to you.

If you want to play doctors, you take a laboratory rat and inject what you want, you give cocacola and measure as many times you want.

This is an opinion forum, we try to help people, we are not to encourage the Russian roulette ...

The subject is enough.Let's see, the title of the forum is that it would happen if a non -diabetic is injected insulin?And it was created by a person who wants to try it, he will try it or even perhaps already tried it, I only answered the truth.2 insulin units are not going to kill anyone, and less if the smallest symptom takes something sweet like me suggest.Second, if I know what I am talking about and that of other autoimmune disorders it would be more than a coincidence.Like 99.9% of type I diabetics, at least in my country, they are given insulin and no insulin tolerance tests that they send them are done, if they are allergic or something then you will see, butIt is sent to all initially.Do not you think that world cases of rejection of insulins that are now human derivatives (before were pigs) are counted on the fingers of one hand?
This topic is enough, the creator asked, I answer as well as several, who say that it would only be a problem if his hand is going.It is even true that professional athletes use it without being diabetic.
Stop making a drama with this please !!!!

nicoinme's profile photo
nicoinme
06/28/2011 4:57 p.m.

First, you are nobody to say whether we want to continue with the subject or not.

Secondly, I have not erased the barbarity that you have written because I have thought that I better answered you and so you realized what you had written.
I see no.

Third, your answer no longer makes any sense because the creator of the thread (Quim) already made it very clear:
Hello colleagues.
Well, tell you that after reading everything you comment, I think ... I don't try it better, I don't want to charge my wife.

If you have read all the thread (which I think no) and still respond as you have made 8 days after the last intervention, you want to troll ... and here you will have it complicated.

DiabetesForo
06/28/2011 5:09 p.m.

When I said, the subject was enough, I was enough to attack my post, if you want to keep talking about the issue of insulin in a non -diabetic of course I have no problem.
I do not have nobody to bother anyone, I really get tired of your aggressions.I never addressed anyone in the forum or I am in him to do it.If you have a personal problem with me you can go directly instead of doing these paper in the different discussion issues.

nicoinme's profile photo
nicoinme
06/28/2011 5:19 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.