{'en': 'Diabetes and pregnancy', 'es': 'Diabetes y embarazo'} Image

Diabetes and pregnancy

NoAddedSugar's profile photo   01/17/2012 11:30 a.m.

Oh, Alg, what illusion!Maybe you do not reach the next monitoring, the baby can appear at any time.My daughter was born being 39+2 and they also told me that I was very green and blah, blah.What I did notice two days before I started is that the mucous cap fell off.Be attentive because if it emerges, it's already a matter of very little time.From that extreme moment precautions, or pool, or sexual relations, the risk of mucous plug infection is very high.I tell you the same, Melina: Any day you have it already in your arms, talk to him a lot and tell him to come, to see if you are lucky and do not have to provoke it.
Tica, how much reason you are!I now enjoy every night that I can sleep from the pull (what to get up at the service does not tell it, fortunately I do not reveal me) and get up without alarm clock ... You have to take advantage, it's true.
In recent days I notice that sugar when I wake up I have higher than before.If before I was always between 80 and 90, I rarely reached 90, in the last ten days I am above 90, sometimes even above my limit, which are 95. I suppose it will be the famous "effect of dawn", whichSo many headaches gave me in the first pregnancy, which already begins to make his own.He has changed absolutely anything, neither schedules nor meals or anything.The rest of the values ​​throughout the day I have well.Taking into account that I do not sulked me insulin, do you know any "trick" to control the effect of dawn or is it uncontrollable?In the first pregnancy they made me get up at the latest at 6.45, so I managed to have the first value well.In general I now get up around 6, although the first measurement is done at 7, just before breakfast.I will try to do it at 6, as soon as I get up, to see what happens.On Thursday I have an appointment with the diabetologist, I will ask you too.By the way, I am in week 27.
A kiss to all, good weekend!

tedesca40's profile photo
tedesca40
03/09/2013 3:44 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello girls

Tendesca Joer that early my mother breakfast at 9 if it is true that at 3 I take sugar.With those values ​​you have are fantasticc :-)

ALG AINSSS Hopefully L Monday or Tuesday leaves because otherwise they will cause it ... but how important you are both.No tinpenesvninguna contract ???As for the weight, there is a margin of error, I would take 300 removed and you stay in 3300 that is perfect

Let's see on Thursday that they tell me, I'm anxious :-) in terms of contracts last night I had a not very painful pair but I had them down and kidneys ----

A kiss

Melina's profile photo
Melina
03/10/2013 12:49 a.m.

Ay, Melina, is the roll of gestational diabetes.My values ​​are objectively very good, but the limit for someone with gestational diabetes puts it so low ... (well, and in this pregnancy the first value of the day has to be below 95, but in my first pregnancy the limit meThey put it in 90 and there was no way).I do not know if what they intend is that we take it very, very seriously those that suddenYou pass from the limit value three or four times a week or so (it doesn't matter how much) you have to start clicking insulin (which is not that I intend to skip my diet, but there are times when things are absolutely out ofmy control).It is very hard.
Have you told you if you have already long long, Melina?Because with so many contractions and those pain I see you very ready ... ;-)
Kisses to all!

tedesca40
03/10/2013 1:17 a.m.

Hello girls!From time to time I read them, I see that Melina is very close to childbirth as well as Alg, what nerossss girls and that anxiety!
Well I was missing since I was resting for being with lost and for a tremendous flu that gave me, I'm almost coming out of a little ...
The week before this I echoed the Emergency because I started staining Marron just when I turned 5 weeks, but everything was fine, we saw the amniotic sack, and on Monday they repeated echo because I continued with that annoying flow and a little blood butHe saw that the sack followed there for my relief, the half pass these days between nerves, anxiety, the discomforts of the flu and of pregnancy (many nausea, senation of emptiness, acidity, etc.), I know everything !!!
Well tomorrow I go to the gine, they may make another echo, we will see if everything is in order.
I hope they are very well, tedesca how are you going? Haribita?

LuRoKa's profile photo
LuRoKa
03/10/2013 9:11 a.m.

Hello girls !!

Tedesca, to see what they tell you on Thursday but I believe that what happens to you in the morning is not because of the "effect of dawn", it is usually more "striking" ... and in case I suppose I suppose only that onlyIt can be fixed with insulin in your case ...

Melina, how are you going?Have you had more contractions?And with glycemia?

I still hoping, nothing has changed since Friday.Today I am 39+3 and without clear symptoms, yes, already tired of this heaviness of everything.This Thursday I also have consultation with the gine, I can't go because I get up before !!: D.And now what worries me most is that they induce me and I continue as green as a lettuce ...
And the glycemia without changes, quite well and without large changes in the doses, which remain quite a lot of units of the 2 insulins.

Greetings to all: D: D: D

ALG's profile photo
ALG
03/12/2013 11:02 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Hello girls

Well, I tell you, I am having some contraction at night and tomorrow I do 38 weeks and I hope anxious to Thursday for monitors and there maybe they look at me sure if I have dilated something and they will echo and others we will see.

As for stable glycemia with the high requirements as always but for example I at the beginning of pregnancy click me 3 times slow only two food and dinner and I get tomorrow only 10 of fast food 20 fast and 11 of slow and night 20Fast and 38 slowly that is the one that covers me all morning :-)

As for the talk of the epidural because an anesthetist has given us the formation and explained what can happen as it puts on and how it acts it is good to give it before because when you are departing with pains signed whatever it is so that the pain is removed:-).In this way you know what can happen to you :-)

Algimo you will see how you get natural childbirth never lose the expenza and if for whatever they induce it, although we do not like it, it is for our good and our little ones I send you many animals

Tendesca told you to see if on Thursday they tell me if I have dilated something and as for your values ​​I agree with Alg

Luroka, how about the gyne?

A kiss to all

Melina's profile photo
Melina
03/12/2013 2:01 p.m.

Goodssss !!!
Thank God everything more than good came out !!!They echoed me and my lens was there very well and I had a beat, we even listened to it. What incredible that despite being such a small thing it already has life !!!I moved a lot and I got very happy, I hope everything remains very good.
I continue with some discomfort but I suppose it is good, not?and the flow has disappeared since the Saturday, IUUPIIII.
Melina is already practicing your body huh ???The moment is approaching.

LuRoKa's profile photo
LuRoKa
03/13/2013 6:52 p.m.

Hellooo!
Today I have had monitors and consultation, and the last one !!!I still without contractions and without delaying anything being 39+5 ... and tomorrow they induce delivery, since the reason that has given me is the diabetes because of the Q leave more than week 40 despite the fact that everything goes well.I am quite nervous to see how everything will go.I hope to dilate quickly as soon as I put the buffer with the prostaglandins and give birth soon.
The truth is that I am happy for having reached the 40th week and it is a shame that induces it, what we are going to do ...

Melina, what such monitors today?Oh ... that the next one is you !!!

I will tell you the return how it has gone !!!

Greetingsssssss

ALG's profile photo
ALG
03/14/2013 6:29 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Hello girls !!!!

Ainss alg tomorrow you will have your girl with you I wish you all the best and have the shortest horita in the world :-)

I today monitors half an hour and then consult.An note did not know that the touch Dolia so much Uffff after it has come out a little brown flow but I have not made again.Now I have as rule discomfort.I have been told that I am green that from nowWeek 40 for diabetes.The narrowing test has given negative.So on Monday I will be 38 + 4 will look at me again.So that you see that for many contractions of Braxton I still wait although I think that I will come natural I do not give the little thing.

A kiss to all

Melina's profile photo
Melina
03/14/2013 8:08 a.m.

Alg, what emotion!Let you do very, very good tomorrow!(If you don't get up tonight you alone, which can happen).
Melina, you touch you right now, you'll see.Talk a lot with your baby and ask him to come and, I think that helps.And climbing stairs is supposed to also.
Luroka, how good everything is good and that you could see the beat, what illusion!Take care of yourself too.
I have been in the diabetologist and gynecologist today.The diabetologist has told me that my high values ​​in the morning can be a consequence of the effect of dawn, but that if it is the effect of dawn I cannot do anything to lower them, except starting with medication if we see that they go up too much.The gynecologist, nothing, that the girl is very good, weighs a kilillo and there is no indication of macrosomia :-) Enough amniotic liquid, placenta that works well, monitors well, all good :-) I have iron and vitamin DA little low, but nothing worrying.For the iron, it has sent me some pills, to prevent it from going worse, which will be normal at this point in pregnancy.
By the way, yesterday I lunch something that sat me like a shot.At night, at the time of dinner, he continued with his stomach so heavy and so scrambled that he had the feeling that if he ate something he was going to return, but a mess was made, he had no idea what to do.Eat?Don't eat?What would happen to my values ​​(I was 74) if I didn't eat anything until the next morning?Anyway, if I had not been pregnant I would have gone to bed without eating, but I did not dare, so I ate a little for dinner and another little before I went to bed, but without having any idea of ​​whether I was doing well(At least I didn't return).Tonight I woke up very hungry at four o'clock, but when I measured before breakfast, everything was fine.
What do you do in those cases?The nurse of the Diabetes Clinic has told me that in those cases he hears my body and that if he asks me not to eat, that he does not eat, but I do not know, throw me more than twelve hours without eating, I do not know if it is a good idea(Being pregnant and having diabetes, it is understood).
A kiss to all and good luck, alg.Tomorrow I will be thinking about you.You have your girl right now!:-)

tedesca40
03/14/2013 10:21 a.m.

I also visited today with the endo and gine.Both visits developed perfectly.With the endocrine I broke out of laughter and it is that I think that for my diabetes they would need to put a new name to cope with the strangeness of my case.The peptide will measure me again after giving birth but it has already warned me that, except for surprises, it will not be necessary to click fast insulin.In my case, I must leave insulin with the beginning of the contractions.They prefer to be high during childbirth and in the following days.So I'm afraid I am going to stay a couple of days in the hospital to control the measurements.The data will be collated by both hospitals and they will make decisions at the time.

At the moment, I am working very well for breakfast a yogurth clicking 4.5 and returning to breakfast 2 hours later without insulin contribution.I tried the same with a glass of milk and I had a rise of 204.Totally incomprehensible to my eyes and those of my endocrine.We will think that it was a meter error.The other completely normal values.Of course, I have to upload the basal because I wake up above 90 every day.

My baby already weighs 2 kg and moves without stopping, so much that they had to repeat the CTG.Well, nothing that we already planted in week 32 and every time there is less.And I am glad because I have the back ground and because one cannot be glad to have nasal bleeding to continue breathing normally ;-)

Tedesca happened to me once the same as you with the vomit.I asked my diabetologist and told me not to go to bed without eating and clicking on a little bit about the theme of ketone bodies.

Alg desire that you wear tonight and do not have to cause you anything.And if it is not possible, nothing happens either.No one assures you that a natural birth is more bearable than one caused.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/14/2013 11:34 a.m.

Hello girls, I was in the endocrine yesterday and he told me that the hem analysis that I had made in week 13 has given me 5.0 (so I am happy for that aspect).

I have already been scheduled by insulin, 3 of the intermediate at night (before dinner), as he says to avoid the ketone bodies, and 2 of the rapid 10-15 min.Before breakfast and food (but as if you want Rice Catalina, because I still give the same values ​​as before, at least in food).

And regarding the ketone, I have realized that I only give positive when I spend bad night, if you sleep well, and take 1 glass of milk with a cookie about 1 in the morning (I have to put on the alarm, hehehe) thenThey get negative, but as I have a nerve night and insomnia or insulin does anything to me.

Harabita, as I have entered the forum late, I do not understand why it says that your diabetes does not understand your endocrine, and that you will not possibly have to prick insulin later ... are you type 2 diabetic then?

Alg, good luck !!!!

DiabetesForo
03/14/2013 12:13 p.m.

I have the antibodies of type 1 but in both pregnancies it has manifested itself as a gestation diabetes.It is assumed that by the endogenous insulin reserve.I then asked him about the ladFollow the protocol of a gestation diabetes.What mess, right?

DiabetesForo
03/14/2013 9:37 p.m.

Harabita, that's why you measure glucose at the time instead at 2 hours, right?By the way, is it when starting or at the end of?Every time they tell me one thing ...

Do you put little insulin, right?

DiabetesForo
03/14/2013 11:35 p.m.

Sweet, exact.I measure myself when starting and then I correct.Right now I'm getting 12 basal at night and is not working.4.5 insulin units by breakfast carbohydrates units.2.5 For lunch and dinner, with a reinforcement for the snack depending on what I will eat.Increased a unit if I am on an empty stomach, I am above 90. I am always it, I am not basal but do not want to put me more so as not to have hypos.

Becoming accounts lightly click about 40-50 insulin units per day.Before Basal pregnancy.The difference is brutal.How much insulin do you usually click on average?I usually use a fast insulin pattern every 10-15 days.

DiabetesForo
03/15/2013 12:15 a.m.

Sweet, exact.I measure myself when starting and then I correct.Right now I'm getting 12 basal at night and is not working.4.5 insulin units by breakfast carbohydrates units.2.5 For lunch and dinner, with a reinforcement for the snack depending on what I will eat.Increased a unit if I am on an empty stomach, I am above 90. I am always it, I am not basal but do not want to put me more so as not to have hypos.

Becoming accounts lightly click about 40-50 insulin units per day.Before Basal pregnancy.The difference is brutal.How much insulin do you usually click on average?I usually use a fast insulin pattern every 10-15 days.

Before pregnancy you just clicks 4 from Basal, and fast insulin?

DiabetesForo
03/15/2013 4:43 a.m.

Nothing, only corrected if necessary but it was not necessary for a while between pregnancies.14 months in a row.In fact, I ended up making sporadic measurements only meals with high carbohydrate concentrations.Of course, he kept visiting the endocrine every three months as another patient.

DiabetesForo
03/15/2013 7:31 a.m.

Nothing, only corrected if it was needed but it didn't need a only time between pregnancies.14 months in a row.In fact, I ended up making sporadic measurements only meals with high carbohydrate concentrations.Of course, I kept visiting the endocrine every three months as another patient.

Well, I wish you all the same or better after you give light ... and after meals with a large amount of HC, did you not give high?

You see with a hemoglobin of 5.1 before getting pregnant, now they tell me that I am diabetics before, and I without knowing it :(

What is that to be corrected?

What a question I am :))

DiabetesForo
03/15/2013 10:07 p.m.

Hello girls,

As you vote, you have a group on Facebook maybe you know more than me .. You know some of Alg as childbirth has gone and if everything has done well I hope that if your position: D

As for me as I still wait with 38 + 4, that is, tomorrow to monitors and consult Tocologo to see if I have dilated something ... but he already told me that before 40 they induce it as Ali does not let me move forward more...

Dulce Espera: The correction is called when you have a high value after breakfast food or dinner always transcurred two hours or in snack because you inject more insulin to correction the value.
Example If after breakfast you have, (of course in my case it is greater since I am type 1) 180 Well, I correct with about 3 units of fast insulin to fall.We call that correction or I at least :) But also the next day it serves as a reference to correct the dose.
If that day you have fallen rapid 10 and then you had 180 because you know that the following day you have to increase to 12 or 13 so that the value after breakfast is less than 140.

I hope I explained to me :)

Harabita I'm glad that everything goes well

Sugared as you are going for a long time since you know anything about you

Tendesca is that because I am type 1 when in the first quarter I vomited so much because if one day I was that I could not eat (something that I have not done) obviously I do not sulked me insulin only is done when you eat, but of course you have to calculate if you have leftInsulin so that I do not get low in short, I believe that the rest that is gestational will know how to help you better.

A kiss to all.

Melina's profile photo
Melina
03/17/2013 6:31 a.m.

Nothing, we don't know anything about Ali, he told us that he was not 3g in the mobile ... Let's see when he gets home if he tells us how he has gone.

Melina, where are you from?I am from Zaragoza and they told me that by protocol it was caused in week 38, they caused me in 38+4 and they hoped it will take about 48 hours to be born, but it was fast.If I have another again, I will insist a lot so that they do not cause it because I had a very bad time.In addition, I had already expelled the cap, I had a deleted casi neck and several dilated cm, I think I would have natural childmake me the ultrasound.And they told me that I was perfect, tb weight (he was born with 3700) ... come on that they caused me because it was what I played ...

A kiss to all !!!

tica's profile photo
tica
03/17/2013 9:10 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.