{'en': 'Diabetes and pregnancy', 'es': 'Diabetes y embarazo'} Image

Diabetes and pregnancy

NoAddedSugar's profile photo   01/17/2012 11:30 a.m.

Yoli!My child was born a month ago, pregnancy was good, no complication for more or less acceptable diabetes and glycems.Although for me it was hard and that I was well controlled.A lot of responsibility, it is no longer just your health ... I was very good to meet people in the forum, my pregnancy until the last month (without taking into account diabetes) was very good.The people of me referred to what what's small, I had to find myself so well, and although I hate that they sympathize with diabetes, I would have changed any pregnancy of those "horrible" for not having the happy diabetes.Sometimes talking to people who worry the same problem and who can also give you a hand in some situation.

Anyway, I encourage you.Come on ... I do not regret having pregnant or far away: D I have the most beautiful thing in the world here

To the others, I read you every day from the mobile, but since Diego was born I believe that the days have half of the hours: P takes 3 days with many gases and resting fatal :(

Melina, that little you have left, in the end they anticipate it for the subject of the eyes?Haribita, to see if you improve quickly, because it is impossible to control with infections by means.You don't even paracetamol, you can take for the fever ????ufff !!!

tica's profile photo
tica
02/19/2013 6:48 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hello girls!

Tica, already a month, how time passes, a kiss for Diego !!

Haribita, to see if you recover from that flu, because with what it costs to control in pregnancy if you add a complication ...:-/!Did you get NPH, right?And just a dose?Because I usually think they are two, it will depend on the person.And the 8-10 punctures are fast?My mother ...

Kristy, it seems that we are all similar to the weight of our babies and that all gines tell us that they are within normal.But I don't know, I'm still a little with doubt, and it is that mine 2 weeks ago weighed 2,700 and although they told me that it was fine to me that it is above the average ...:-/ it is that it is theWeight for diabetic or non -diabetic mothers too?

Tedesca, there is a girl in the preparation classes that is pregnant with the third, it is less than me, and has an impressive barigota, I suppose it will be normal to have more gut in the second pregnancies, and you are going very well with the weight.

Yoli, less than a year ago that I started in this forum, a little desperate, and the truth is that now I am much better because I see that there are people like me, who did not know anyone before sharing my problems with diabetes.Now I talk about it more "normal."I don't know how pregnancy would have happened if it doesn't become for this forum !!
And the hypoglycemia you have are very often?Is that what you accounts are important ... don't you notice too much?I think it's something you should solve quickly.In the 20 years that I have been with diabetes, I have never been unconscious and it has been in the first trimester of pregnancy when I have given me the most fear, without being unconscious I have not known what I said, especially in the morning, then they disappeared and I noticed them again while in 60.
What you say about diabetic associations, I am in one, and the truth is as if my nose touched, the only thing they do an interesting talk but the rest have not solved me much.

Melina, how are you?With the tests we are similar, I am 36+3.Yesterday I had the first date for monitors more consultation.All good, the heart, the placenta, the amniotic fluid, ... they made that exudate that and looked at my cervical, for the moment it is closed.And the next appointment within a week, for monitors too, so from week to week waiting for Nervosilla because there is nothing left, Ayyy!
And with the glycemia I am going well, I have increased the two insulins a lot and it seems that this last week I am needing a little less, 1-2 units of the Lantus and the rapid, because I have had some hypos of 40, especially postpandracials.And it also happens to me that in 60 I have no symptoms of hip, the same is because of the general tiredness that you already have or I do not know.Luckily there is less than a month left to return to normal!
And the rest very well, with no more problems, with the typical end of pregnancy ... sleeping sometimes, I lay with hips, and when walking with pressure on the pelvis, like an old man!
And it seems impossible for me to be so little, what illusion !!!

Greetings: d: d

ALG's profile photo
ALG
02/19/2013 7:30 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Hello girls

Well, I'm going to say the same.I have learned throughout my diabetes things but not for asciations but for people like me and reading.It is true that I was horrified to get pregnant because I thought that everything would go fatal, but the touch yesterday told me 'I could have happened to you many things and look at a great pregnancy' good less about the eye that improves but slow ... but I am still happyof being pregnant and having learned so much from this forum and from each other: D

Harabita take care of yourself and at least take paracetamol that this is not contritted because I had a very strong migraine in the first quarter and I prescribe the doctor.I hope you get better soon.

Pachu I'm glad you improve and have free via. Fuerte!

Kristy, well I'm glad, I'm also less left!

Tendesca also came out very soon my belly and big but that does not matter while everything goes well there are women who do not have sorrows and others much your lUCELA and take advantage of it !!

Tica at the moment I do not induce delivery because the eye has improved a bit then they will let it be and natural for the moment.The baby's gases massage when you bathe in the belly and for the whole body that relaxes them a lot and they better expel the gases my sobri looked like a motor!

There are little I am doing little and waiting for the next echo that would be 36 +4 there will be the exudate and appointment for monitors I will tell you and with a pressure below Ufff

A kiss to all

Melina's profile photo
Melina
02/19/2013 10:04 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you very much girls x everything

I'm already knowing you a little and knowing your stories hehehe .. I'm very happy that everything is great!

Today I am having some we have great so far this day, (between 97 and 88).Yesterday at the end of the afternoon I had it quite high for my liking (213) and I blame it for rice and the same a little more of the account ...

After reading all I am much more animated at about being a mother and I'm looking forwardWhat was missing was this little push that you are giving me among all ...

And the hiccups, it is not that I lose knowledge, but I do not coordinate well, I am awake, but I do not know what I say or what I do, but this is not normal ...
I am trying to make me more controls to have a better perception of my we have and to be able to control them better ....

I am putting the acupuncture and today I have gone and I have lost 800g this week .. to see if it continues and I get to the weight I want before getting pregnant that is 60 or 62kg, it is my goal ..

Well girls I will be aware of your elapse and see how you are ...

By the way do you sois from Seville ???

Greetings for all. !!!

YOLI's profile photo
YOLI
02/19/2013 10:42 a.m.

Yoli I am from Seville.They take me in the Diagnostic Center in the Virgen del Rocio and the truth that super happy with them.
Regarding your hypoglycemia tell you what they all tell you, try to control that well before becoming pregnant.During the first trimester it is normal to have many hypos and what you have controlled before better than better, at least you know how to stop it.
I during the first trimester is true that it reaches a point that did not notice the hypos above 45 -50 and that austa, now everything is much better with more normal values.

I see that others are doing very well, I'm glad !!!!!

INMAPE's profile photo
INMAPE
02/19/2013 11:07 a.m.

Hi Inmape ...

They have been at the Virgen de Valme hospital and the truth is that I am very happy with the treatment they give me ... from time to time to causes of those hypo the doctor sees me every three months, he puts me in his personal agenda andIt gives me the appointment there ... now how I am with the most controlled hemoglobin sees me when it touches me every 6 months ...

I'm glad your pregnancy goes well ... Do you know what it is?girl or boy ??

All the best.

YOLI's profile photo
YOLI
02/19/2013 1:14 p.m.

He is a child and the truth is that very happy.I don't know why but I had preference for a child.Although it had been a child I had given me the truth.

INMAPE's profile photo
INMAPE
02/20/2013 4 a.m.

Hello girls!
Bienvenda Yoli! If you feel like having a baby I encourage you. Diabetes is a more complication but it is overcome. I am 30 weeks and I stay with a hemo of 6.6. I have not had great rapping during pregnancy soI can't do myself.
I've been writing for days I'm without a computer and with the mobile it costs a lot. As I told you, I had a gine last week. Everything was fine.Alex weighs 1.4. But I have a little uterus neck for the week that I am like this.I have been resting.
I find it hard to be home but it seems that I start taking it a little better.
A kiss to all

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
02/20/2013 10:34 a.m.

Girls a question that I have been doing for a while ... the diabetic breasts breastfeed the babies ???

YOLI's profile photo
YOLI
02/21/2013 12:49 p.m.

Yes that you can, my child is taking a lot of weight, breastfeeding exclusively.It was very afraid because they had told me that it was very difficult to control diabetes with breastfeeding, which lowered the sugar during the shots.In my case it is being very simple, I put about 5 units less basal and I have very good controls, better than during pregnancy (and without the pressure that affects the baby).I don't notice that I get off specially during the shots ...

tica's profile photo
tica
02/21/2013 3:38 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I gave my first baby 9 months.5 and a half exclusively, then it was no longer filled only with milk.I hope that with the second it works so well.But Yoli, don't stir.If it comes out, well and if ... too.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/22/2013 7:22 a.m.

Hello, girls!Haribita, how do you follow?Are you already cured of the flu?It has to be very hard to be pregnant, with flu, without being able to take anything, with the altered values, and with a little one at home ... I hope you are better.
Pachu, what did the doctor tell you?
How do you follow the moms that you are already in the final stretch?And the others?
I was in the gine yesterday and everything is fine.The baby weighs about 650 grams and is great.
He has dropped me for two weeks (in principle) because at work my back hurts me: I can't be more than fifteen or twenty minutes sitting, I have to get up for walks and stretch, I take another fifteen or twenty minutes,I stop again, and so on the whole day, and that even though I do my yoga exercises for my back every day at home and I go to the physio once a week.With so much pause there is no way to work concentrated or pay minimally, and that was causing me some psychological tension that was altering the sugar values.As my work is all day sitting in front of the computer, nothing, two weeks calm at home and see what happens, if I can ever return before giving birth.Fortunately, except at work, nothing hurts.
The sugar values ​​are for now under control (yesterday I was also in the diabetologist and told me that it was fine), less some high this week because of what I have told you.I am following the diet to Rajatabla and La Nena, thank God, it shows no signs of macrosomia.
The gyine told me that they are likely to provide my birth if I get to the FPP and the baby has not been born (in Germany they also told me like this), but that they will see me very well in recent weeks to see if necessary and need andwhen.From what he told me, the blood vessels suffer with diabetes and do not want me to consider in childbirth with the oxygen reserves of the almost exhausted uterus vessels, so from there the induction even if there is no macrosomy.I don't know if I understood it well.I hope not to get to that, unless necessary, of course.
Kisses to all, good weekend!

tedesca40's profile photo
tedesca40
02/23/2013 10:42 a.m.

Hello girls!
Well some of here already know that on February 20 I did a pregnancy test and gave me positive!So I am happy but scared at the same time.
Welcome Yoli, as you see we are many diabetic women with experiences to tell, and here you see my pregnant woman from the third!and with almost 7 years of diabetes.
Haribita how do you follow?
Melina already has little left?
And the others ????
I want them to continue very well? A kiss.

LuRoKa's profile photo
LuRoKa
02/24/2013 2:07 p.m.

Hello girls,

They already put antibiotics, the flu has improved but not the infection of ears and I remain deaf.As for my glycemia, the NPH no longer covers me beyond four in the afternoon (I click when I went to bed) and we will have to prick my basal twice.Let's see what the endocrine tells me on Thursday, although how I get to find on an empty stomach with 134 I am going to the hospital for emergencies.After food levels are quite good.Of course, I continue with the daily hypo between breakfast and lunch, just at 3 hours after clicking.Today it has been the time that I have punctured more insulin since I am diabetic, I know it is a "silly" comment because one clicks what I need, but it has been brutal what I have needed.

As for pregnancy, the perfect baby but it seems that the level of amniotic fluid is approaching too high levels.We will think that we are already in week 30 and that it is already less and less.

DiabetesForo
02/24/2013 3:33 p.m.

Hello!!
Haribita, 134 at breakfast is a little high, have you done any analysis in the early morning?Thus they take care of you at night ... it is many hours.To put two doses of NPH in the day is normal since it is an insulin that usually lasts 12 hours, the important thing is to be well controlled.

Tomorrow I have monitors and gine again, like last Monday, to see what they tell me, I suppose that it will already send me from week to week until it tells me ... "you enter such a day", there I will get supernervious, nowI will tell you.
Yesterday I turned 37 weeks and this last week I am going down the rapids, almost day by day, the Lantus still with the same dose.And otherwise well, with the heaviness of the last weeks!

Luroka, happinesseeees!

Melina, how are you going?

ALG's profile photo
ALG
02/24/2013 6:07 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Worse the 134 gave me between lunch and snack.At night I am fine 87-98 and I wake up regulating these last days 94-104.I lack clearly basal but with the infection my diabetologist did not want to raise the dose and I do not dare.We will control today and if they continue to give these values ​​to the morning endocrine I will not wait for Thursday's appointment in this way.

DiabetesForo
02/25/2013 1:46 a.m.

Hello, I join the pregnant diabetics club, although I still do not think they can reclassify me until the pregnancy ends since I have started with diabetes in week 10 ... Today is the first time I have started measuringWith the glucometer and has given me 100 on an empty stomach and 165 an hour after breakfast, as I know that with those values ​​they already have to put insulin, I have also measured at 2 hours giving a value of 97 (to tell the endocrine) ...

What do you think I should do, because I think that if they make me insulin, can you give me a hiccup, right?

As a note I will say that I also tested another glucometer that I had at the house of my previous pregnancy, which had gestational diabetes, and of course the strips have been expired for 2 years so it is not reliable, but it has given me a value of 92 to thehour.

DiabetesForo
02/25/2013 4:39 a.m.

Congratulations Luroka !!!!You will see how this time everything goes well, take care of yourself-

Today I had an echo Duppler of 20 weeks and then endocrine.
The echo all normal included weight and size that was something that worried me.Then I have taught the report to my endocrine and he has told me that the babies of diabetic mothers tend to be born with the most chubby abdomen but that is anyway within the normal limits, that you have to continue to consist of the hem to keep it like this.

Did you know any of this?Is it a macrosomia symptom?

INMAPE's profile photo
INMAPE
02/25/2013 7:01 a.m.

Hello girls,

Well, now with a little cough and cold, since my husband has been with a fever and well for a lot of caution I have caught ... Nothing the doctor has told me paracetamol and when he begins to refer, he leaves him.I also make water with salt with salt that is very good for infection.

I am 35 + 4 and until Monday, March 4, I have no other echo and the test of the streptococcThe gyne that was normal.

Luroka I'm very happy and surely this time is the defeated !!!

Harabita Animo, I have also had to climb the fast because of the little pharyngitis I have is normal when it is a bit sick.As for the rest I send you many dares.

Along that little you have .. as soon as you have painful contractions you already know, and from now on you can break waters at any time, walk what you can and if you are lucky they do not have to try anything and leave alone :)

DulceEspera welcome to the forum, postpad from each meal has to be as maximum 140 although you then have those good values ​​it has to be below it, you may not have to use insulin just handle the hydrates you eat talk to your diabetologist andMay I advise you how to handle them.

A kiss to all

Melina's profile photo
Melina
02/25/2013 11:52 a.m.

Hello girls!

Dulcespera, it is as Melina says, gestational diabetes usually control it first with the diet and if it is not enough they add the insulin, but with a post of 165 the same it is only necessary to control the hydrates of the main meals.Check it.

Inmape, what questions is a doubt that I still have, when in our case they tell us ... "Weight is normal" is because for our situation it is normal or is also normal for all pregnant women?:-/ A macrosomic baby is one that is born with 4kg or more, and in your case you don't have to worry, for the moment it is soon to know but what you accounts are going well.I think that in general we have all similar to the baby's weight on week 34, 2,700kg, and they have told us all that it is very good, but if you look at the average weight in that week it is usually lower, that's why I saidThat it is the same because they are diabetic mothers, but it does not mean that our baby will be macrosomic, but we do have more possibilities than at birth they approach the 4kg more than at 3.

Melina, take care of the cold, hit us all but beauty!

Today I have again had monitors and consult with the gyne, and it has given me a joy when telling me that I quoted in a week for the same as today, next Monday that I will be 38+2.The streptococcal test has given me negative, for the moment I have no contractions and the girl's heart is fine (according to cardiotacography), weight goes "normal" (we are not going to give it more turns), the placenta, the liquid well,...
And Melina, the hiccup is a pass, hahaha!Thus we control where the head is.
And as I told you, I still download the rapids of the meals, and it is that I get to the posts (over 70) or low.So now it is easier for me to have good controls.

Greetings: D: D: D

ALG's profile photo
ALG
02/25/2013 12:32 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.