{'en': 'Diabetes and pregnancy', 'es': 'Diabetes y embarazo'} Image

Diabetes and pregnancy

NoAddedSugar's profile photo   01/17/2012 11:30 a.m.

How good Pachu!

Sugars, they told me that sugar will control me.I already told you that they were a disaster in the diabetes issue, but it is also appreciated that they let you do things as one already knows.I had a nurse who wanted to control myself and did not succeed.The strips, in my case, is because the meter communicates with the pump.I took about 50, but when I started with the contractions I made an analysis every 10-20 min because I could not go back from 40. When I saw that the strips were going to finish, I asked them to do them them analysis, but I regrettedquickly.They threw my anger for being so low ... how could I do something to avoid it!In an hour I drank more than 1l of juice with dissolved sugar and until they did not put the glycosaline dropper I did not go back (and because I asked for it !!!)
On the strips, they told me that they did not have that brand and what I did was send my mother to the endocrinology plant and there they gave them.

During childbirth it was my boy who controlled me sugar, we almost didn't know that it was diabetic ...: D: D: D: D: D

tica's profile photo
tica
02/04/2013 1:58 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

He is right in what Owash has put.In my hospital the protocol for which we carry a bomb is that we control ourselves.And it seems that they take him to Rajataba.In my case, that during childbirth we were also in charge of controlling the sugar, that already seemed more rare.I have been the first (and unique) in that hospital that I have given birth with my bomb ... and I don't know what would have happened if the sugar had shot me, but that it was my boy who did the controls and the one whoI told me how much I was reassured me, I don't know if I had been so calm with "someone" controlling the insulin dropper ...

tica's profile photo
tica
02/04/2013 2:04 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

They told me to take care of our partner of the controls and thus have an important "role" within the delivery.In addition, having something to do served them to calm down.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/04/2013 2:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello girls,

According to the protocol that the endocrine of the hospital and the midwife with insulin bolis will be put to me put a glucose and saline dripper jointly with insulin and controls every hour.If it is true that distrust makes you prepared and it is what I am going to do, with my machine, strips and others but, if their work is to control me and the little one should do it and not have to be pending neither my husband nor Iif not to worry only about what concerns us, but .. given my experience in hospitals then I tell you.

In the Mostoles hospital when I debut at 20 I was almost a month admitted until they adjusted it with a fast and glucosaline insulin machine, but that is normal until under enough and I start learning to prick me insulin I alone.It was very good experience since I learned to measure it and know what I had to put in the hospital, if good or less: that you do not learn in one day,

When he gave me ketoacidosis because of an infancy record of urine they tried.. I almost ask the high volunteer because I was up with a low .. I was only exhausted and it was in the same Mostoles hospital a few years later.

When I operate in glaucoma at the Ruben Dario de Madri hospital there is controlled diabetes.They told me that they dedicated themselves to the eye and me to mine.: D It was perfect

And well now according to your expected, I have been very good to know them because I will be prepared although the midwife told me that if I wanted to control me that I did it but to see if I could do two things at the same time: D what better with help.I know that my husband will be there and pending and especially with the little machine because the only thing that the poor man asks me is always sugar like these and whether babbling or I don't coordinate, he is already running to take the sugar and get what is necessary.He already knows if I need juice and sugar or only juice because I sometimes combine both.To trace quickly very fast the best thing is a life cocacola: D with half can is more than enough for a low dwelling and goes by making milk
If there is not that then I base juice and 3 sugar that I always carry a lot in the bag and measure again in 10 minutes to see if it goes back.

Each diabetic or diabetic is a world and we look for our tricks.

As for the theme of what we have seemed great to me the issue of the cream that says Tica and I plan to buy, it will not be that it hurts my chest and surrenders when it comes to breastfeeding

As for working the culete or wipes, I have always been in favor of the house with spoj

Well Pachu I'm glad that everything goes better.
Alg tell me if you have already echoed week 34 and how your weight is going
Sugared even if it is soon to make the bag better start soon than not to give time and you do it on time every day a little thing
Luroka handles the doses and sees down and rising quickly depending on it, Hicar low hyper always climbs from a unit in a unit.

Well my controls have stabilized at week 32 the day after tomorrow I start 33 and the truth is a glory that does not see more resistance and see a very punctual 150 and in the rest it is well a wonder and in terms of the eye there are a bit oflighter but I see everything distorted thanks that the left is the best I have because it becomes that and I would not see with Baston: D

I send you many kisses to all

New question? What opinions of Milks and which one buy manual or electrical, and of course to wait to see if I can breastfeed this ...: idea:

Melina's profile photo
Melina
02/04/2013 5:35 p.m.

I will ask in the next query what the protocol is in my hospital ... but what a plan.Let's see, I planned to take all the necessary material for clear dibets, but I didn't plan to have to be pending, at least during childbirth.Then it is another song, but while you are giving birth only to have to be tb pending how you are with sugar ...

On the Sacaleches, they have told me that it is better electric because with the manual you end with the shattered hand.

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
02/05/2013 3:39 a.m.

I insist that my case got out of hand.The protocol to follow in my hospita is the same as Melina, but did not give them time to prepare the drippers and as David was doing the analyzes and everyone was busy to look that the little one was fine, they asked him that if he wasHe in charge of the controls.For me, that in dialyration was my boy who will control me, it does not seem bad, which seemed very bad that in the plant I had to tell them to put my gloat of glucose (I think that decision did not have to make it) and toThe 10 minutes when I followed 40 and David went to look for the midwife to open the dropper a little more, tell him, do not let us know, you can open the dropper if he needs it ... Come on, I think that a thousand towns were passed there.I still told them, do we let you know if we play something ???And they answered that if we loved that we were the room where the nurses were and we said it, but that it was not necessary ...

On the Sacaleches, I bought the Medela manual because they told me that it was the best (manual) and I had to return it because I did not take a single drop and that that carried the breasts very loaded (that's why I bought it).It gave me a lot of stick to return that and in the English Court they told me that sometimes they are factory failures, that change it to me for another, but instead of taking the same brand I took the philips and I am delighted ... the electric are charisimosAnd according to what you do, I think that with the manual it is enough.In 10 min I take out an entire bottle.The electric is to use it very frequently, there are babies that do not take the tit and instead of giving them a makeup of formula, the mothers take out the milk.For that, but to get 1 a day at most ... also the electricians make a lotof milk to not stain, so better one that does not make much noise ... I have started freezing milk for when I can no longer breastfeed or return to the work.

tica's profile photo
tica
02/05/2013 4:49 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Hello girls!

I think I am a little green in this of the Milks, this week in the preparation classes we will talk about breastfeeding, to see what they tell us.Although it is a good idea to get the milk because there are sure that there are times when you cannot breastfeed and have to pull a bottle, or at least to share with the couple and rest the same.
Does he take milk, bottles, ... you bought them before giving birth?or later?I don't know what to do ...

And I also have no idea of ​​the hospital protocol regarding the control of glycemia in childbirth, but the most logical thing would be for nurses to take care of, right?But anyway I am going to take the whole "kit", included as Tica, juices and some bar to have it by hand.Better than the same no one knows us.Sometimes in the endocrine it has happened to me that when they make you an analysis to see what you have and see a 50 immediately they tell you ... Take a juice and some cookies !!!Yes maneee ... and a plate of beans!

Yesterday they made me an echo and then Gine consultation.Everything is going well, the girl weighs 2,700, it seems that normal, the HB 5.3%, and weigh a kilo more than four weeks ago, but it is just what Izaro has fattened, so we are delighted.And the good news was that it has already been placed face down !!It was the fear he had, that he continued sitting.And they have sent me back in two weeks for monitors and consultation.
And as I am so heavy I asked him again for the induced delivery, he told me that while the baby was well weigh, it will be tried to leave until week 40. But of course ... if in four weeks he has gained 1kg and I am 34+3... I hope that in four others I do not fature another kilo, because it would be almost 39 and the girl weighing 3,700 ... or the same in this last month does not take so much weight ... I hope.

ALG's profile photo
ALG
02/05/2013 6:07 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

I bought the Sacaleches the first week after leaving the hospital.
It is that if you buy it before and for something the milk does not upload, what a grace !!!You can also ask for it as a gift if someone asks you.They are super expensive (let's not expect me to cost so much) manual 70, small electric 120 and the "good" electric (the one who recommend the whole world, the medel swing) 160 euros

tica's profile photo
tica
02/05/2013 6:25 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

I would not buy it before for what Tica says.If you can't breastfeed then, you eat it with potatoes.I did not know that the electric ones were so expensive, I will ask for it as a gift for how typical people ask you and I don't lack many things anymore ...
If you get the milk and give it to a bottle, is there not the problem that does not want the tit?Some girls have told me that this is the problem of combining chest and bottle.

Alg, my TB told me that about induced delivery.Like the increase in weight is not proportional and anyway, 3.7 in week 39 would be normal, right?TB think that the baby's weight is orientative.They take it out for the measures and sometimes they are wrong half a kilo up or down.

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
02/05/2013 6:31 a.m.

I gave birth with 38 + 4 and weight 3750 (but they calculated that I gave birth with 38 + 6) they told me that weight was perfect although the 50th percentile for those weeks is 3300. I do not think I have problems the little one to be bornIn week 38, we have the problem if they do not let us go on a natural way: D: D if I get pregnant again I will beg you that please let me reach delivery naturally !!!Alg, now that you are going down, start walking 1 hour a day and if you look forward to "abuse" your partner: p.I tried the two things from 37 and becomes green, to be pointing ... Too bad I had not started before (but I was afraid of the risk of premature delivery)

tica's profile photo
tica
02/05/2013 6:59 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

I am going to go back for sure!Here social security happens to you, of course, if there is reason for it.I only used it when stopping to breastfeed at about 9 and a half months after my baby was born because it was a true dairy cow and the creature no longer wanted.

What a lack of control I have after breakfast!At 180 and at two hours 50.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/05/2013 9:56 a.m.

haha, the midwife told me that I left it a few days if I wanted it, but I preferred to buy one to be able to use it when I wanted to ...

tica's profile photo
tica
02/05/2013 10:29 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

In Germany the Sacaleches rent them in some pharmacies, in Spain, aren't it?It was lent to me a friend of my husband (conveniently disinfected everything, of course), it was the electric of Medela and it is true that we glue noise, quite, but it was very comfortable and could "milked" the two breasts at the same time.I used it to try to stimulate the production: after each shot and give the supplement bottle to my daughter "I milked me" to see if we got more milk to be coming out, but, nothing, take 5 cl at most between the two breastsIt is the most frustrating thing in the world.And, between some things and others, every time my daughter wantedBirria of milk that had taken me in the last shot, the bottle "really" and the "milking" were two hours of clock (and she asked every three or so ...), and so on day and night.And it was no use, although 99% of women are doing everything better than me, so far from me to discourage anyone, you will be between that 99%.But I do not go through that or crazy again!(I have a trauma with that, you know).
I did not, of course, to measure the sugar during childbirth.After the epidural could have done it, but before?I think I could not, I would have commissioned my husband if I had to do it.
Pachu, good circles, right?I am very happy for you :-)
Melina, Alg, how little you have anymore!
I don't remember how much the others are.
I am 21+5, today I have made the morphological echo and everything is very good, the baby already weighs 500 grams :-) and the sugar for now under control.

tedesca40's profile photo
tedesca40
02/05/2013 12:15 p.m.

Hello girls,

Well I see that I obviously have to wait for the time to come and see how I go milk :)) I hope everything goes well and if you are right is a paste ...

Go alga we get Pokito I am 33 righteous I bone that week and something.I see that you get everything very well and congratulations on the placement of the girl.Mine is also a girl: we will see if when it goes in week 34 it has been placed I hope ...

It seems that now I am reducing the fast it will be because apart from the fact that I am stabilizing more, I love it because girls do not know if it will happen to the rest when you arrive but I start with the resistances from week 27 and so far in theWeek 32 and something has not stabilized, I had resistance every 4 or 5 days to the climb without explanation.

Now it seems that I sleep a better pelin although my girl tends to fit on the right and kick me in the groin, I think she has a couple of days in another position, the same is already trying to turn around and that's why she doesn't bother me:D

Every morning from 10:30 I go out to pass and I do not return to twelve or a little less and the truth feels great since I am on a low I am happy and super calm as it shows !!!!

I see that it is done a madraza I do not imagine bufff that fear of pain I have even if they put epidural and that but a uffff just think and that they tell me what hurts me stress :( and less if they have to make me CaesareaBecause these eight months I have spent listening all the time Caesarea or natural childbirth but nothing clear ..

A kiss to all

Melina's profile photo
Melina
02/05/2013 5:14 p.m.

Jo that envy gives me reads with vueters Barrigotas and your babies ... I continue to go down the basal because nothing that I go outside already gives me the bass, right now I am getting on basal 0.40 and even so I still can go out to be able to go out toTaking a walk, I have to stop the bomb and wait for me to go up, the endo tells me to continue down the dose that is very little the basal that I wear, but of course the sensitivity is so much ... after the day I wear some14 units a day and I see that 45 that I put before me if I need less ...
But I still do not be as my endocrine says without eating in meals, today a little strawberry yogurt and a little turkey and it seems that it has done well, to see how I get to food ...

pachu109's profile photo
pachu109
02/06/2013 7:49 a.m.

I am 17 + 2, I think I am the one that is less time.
I have also started with insulin resistance, I have been raising the doses of both Lantus, 1 unit per week and quickly.Here I have had to modify more.
The good thing is that I have hardly controlled hahaha.

Pachu you will see how you are soon like us

INMAPE's profile photo
INMAPE
02/07/2013 3:38 a.m.

Good
How are you?I bid in the curro, a lot of work
Pachu, may I have eh, hahahaha
MUXUSSSSSSSSSSS

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
02/07/2013 5:31 a.m.

I have read well above, I hope you all go well
Here without news, on the 15th I have to lower my rule, I will tell you whether or not it comes to me
MUXUSSSSSSSSSSS

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
02/07/2013 5:39 a.m.

I wanted to ask you one thing.Today I have rare values.Until yesterday, everything perfect, but today, two hours after lunch, I was 130 (my limit is 120) and that I had eaten grilled salmon, cooked broccoli and 80 grams of my 100% integral bread, which normally did notGive problems (allow me to eat up to 120 grams at noon).Now, before dinner, I was 97 (my limit is 95 and so far I was always at that time to eighty -many) (to snack I took a kiwi although I was not hungry any, but more than two hours ago of that,and I also walked from work).I know that they are not scandalous values, or anything similar, but I do not explain it to me, two values ​​followed outside the limits after in the last ten days they were all perfect.I no longer know if it will be that pregnancy hormones and insulin resistance, just started the 23rd week, begin to do their own.My question is if one is incubating any disease, values ​​are also altered?I don't know, I have come home after picking up my daughter and I had to go straight because I could not pull my soul, that is not normal in me, not even being pregnant (unless she has anemia, but thatI would not have to alter the sugar values, or yes?).Anyway, any orientation will be welcome.And if the hormones of pregnancy and insulin resistance begin to make theirs ... Well, I still have anything left to fight ...

tedesca40's profile photo
tedesca40
02/07/2013 1:31 p.m.

Hello tedesca!Could you be incubating something?flu.a cold...?It can be so many things ... I also do not know if gestational diabetes things influence the same or not, my endocrine told me that in week 24 pregnant women with gestational diabetes begin to vary values ​​and insulin resistance, whatI remember because it began to need much more insulin from those weeks.

kristyy's profile photo
kristyy
02/07/2013 2:31 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.