{'en': 'Diabetes and pregnancy', 'es': 'Diabetes y embarazo'} Image

Diabetes and pregnancy

NoAddedSugar's profile photo   01/17/2012 11:30 a.m.

Thanks, Kristyy.The truth is that the tests of gestational diabetes (unless, as in my case, you already have a history) are made in week 24-25, I suppose it will be because, effectively, it is around these weeks when the resistance to theInsulina begins to be accentuated (although in my case the curve has already been bad in week 20).I think it was Melina who told me a few days ago that if a value one day I get bad, you have to keep looking forward and not eat the coconut.I will try to apply the advice, which seems most reasonable, but I find it so frustrating to follow the diet to rajatabla and walk and that, despite everything, my body does not respond ... It was also my fight in the other pregnancy.While my girl is fine, everything is fine, but today the coconut comedies have been tremendous.This pregnancy is being a psychological torture from day to day, a pregnancy after two losses is psychologically very hard, and it is clear that it will continue to be until the end.But I will try to do everything possible to have the fears and negative thoughts at bay, I promise, because I know how that stress also influences glycemia.
I do not know if I will be incubating something (my daughter is cold) or it is simply that, after two weeks, it is costing me a lot to take the rhythm.Sitting work, all day in front of the computer, and I am having many back pain these days.At home I was much better ... now I get home in the afternoon after picking up my daughter and I didn't stop either, unless I will sleep on the couch, as I have done today, because I could not.The tiredness of the week is accumulating.Luckily tomorrow is Friday and next week we are on vacation in Germany (they are Carnival school holidays).I don't know how I will manage with the diet out of my atmosphere, I'll tell you.
A kiss to all.

tedesca40's profile photo
tedesca40
02/07/2013 3:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well tedesca, values ​​are not scandalous, Jolin, I signed !!So relax!that you go very well and the little one is perfect :)
Have a good weekend !!Kiss

kristyy's profile photo
kristyy
02/08/2013 7:27 a.m.

Hello girls!I am already much better, more controlled and quiet as far as possible hehe.I do so that I can get to know more, I'm in that ...
Well and we are also starting the paperwork for the lantus, and to increase the amount of strips ... how is the thing in their countries ????? here give me 50 strips every 45 days, that is, it does not reach meTo carry good control ... Anyway ... how are you going ????

LuRoKa's profile photo
LuRoKa
02/08/2013 10:12 p.m.

Hello everyone!
How are you going?
Tedesca, those values ​​are almost perfect.Think that you can do a control and be at 97 and make another at the moment and be at 84. There is a margin of error with the meters and since the blood does not stop circulating never gives the same result, even if you do them in a row.Do not grant yourself with that, that are not worrying figures.
As for the strips, in my case when I am finishing I call my nurse and prepares a package with about 9 boxes (50 strips per box).Now I have about 7 daily controls, so it lasts about two months.My endocrine had to make me a proof so that during pregnancy all the necessary ones would give me.I hope to reduce the number of controls once giving birth.
Now I am 28+2 and the truth is that I begin to notice at all levels.So far I have been almost as ‘not pregnant’, only the incipient tripita but little.But now I get double and at times the baby squeezes me a lot in the pelvic area, I even notice that area as a fans.On Saturday I went to make the purchase, all brave while my boy painted the baby's room and I had to sit in the market like grandmothers because between the burden of carnival, the people and the heat that I did almost gives me something ...

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
02/11/2013 6:46 a.m.

Hello girls!

Sugared, go if it shows, that there comes a time that already costs to do everything!Now I am 35+2, but I began to notice there for Christmas, which would be 29 or 30. And I thought ... Buah!Being low you will see how good!After eating, for a while on the couch and then walk!But now by a lot of sofa and rest, in the afternoon an hour comes when I already do Ploff !!

Tedesca, I also believe that you have good glycemia, but be attentive because if 120 it has risen to 130 in some postpondrial the same is that the trend is that it goes up, just in case ...

Melina, we have been little, week and something, Ayyyy that we have little!Think that in a month we will be one more ... what nerves !!

These last 2 semans have had to climb the insulin, the lantus about 4 units and the rapid breakfast the same.Breaking the same as always: 50gr of bread with butter, coffee with milk and 4 nuts now I need 19 units of fast and started with 5!But what has worse is sleeping badly, I wake up 2-3 times at night, I turn around and more turns, inside what the gut leaves me ... hahaha.
And yesterday I started with the perineal massage, although they recommend from 34, and what laziness gives me, above the day, but well you have to do it.

How about the others?

Greetings: d: d

ALG's profile photo
ALG
02/11/2013 9:26 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Alg, how is that of perineal massage?Does the gynecologist or in the classes tell you?
I will start classes I think next week or the other.I have to call me and I hope to learn things, breastfeeding, etc.

I planned to process the decline in week 35 or so, at the end of March.Let's see how I get to that date ...
Sleeping is a nuisance, it is already starting to cost me around and that the tag is 'bearable'.

As for insulin, the last modification was to introduce 6 Lantus units at night to get to breakfast (until then it put me only at noon, 14 units).Now I get well in the morning but I think Lantus is left over at noon because in the middle of the afternoon, at about seven o'clock, I am below 80 and I have to eat something so as not to do hiccups before dinner.And at noon TB I arrive just, below 70. Now I do not know whether to lower the noon lantus, the night or both ...

This Thursday I have an echo and gynecologist.Let's see what they tell me.I think I have taken more weight.I am noticing this weeks.I think I'm going for seven kilos approx.

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
02/11/2013 9:46 a.m.

The perineal massage usually advises it in the preparation classes, supposedly reduces the amount of points or the episiotomy, but do not avoid it.And classes I think they come very well to learn things and of course ... for all the doubts you have.

As for what you ask about the Lantus ... Is it possible that if you arrive very fair at noon is because the 2 doses of Lantus are gathered?But if that is not why I would get off the night, and in the afternoon the same, if you get off the dinner try to put for example 12 of Lantus in food, to see if it remains a little more.
When I have climbed the lantus, I just get one dose, it has been because I am going with 120 I have risen for example with 110, that is, that nothing has lowered me throughout the night, or because having 100 in the snackAnd without snacking he arrived at dinner with 130-140.

ALG's profile photo
ALG
02/11/2013 10:03 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Hello girls

Well, if I have a very rare guideline that has been asking for tomorrow's body only Mevpongo 7 of fast in the food 24 of fast and 11 of Levemir and at night I put 18 of fast and 40 of impressive lighting but this week I haveto go down the dinner because I am in hiccases in the morning since I had to increase the afternoon ... in short ..

In quantobal weight, have I lost a kilo .... has any happened to him?If it is true that I am and that but with the Com9 belly says Alg by Latarde Noche Dieiro
It may be that it retains liquids and I leave it for that tomorrow I weigh again

I have an oculista and the 18 touches there they will tell me if this mouth is already upside

Besazos

Melina's profile photo
Melina
02/11/2013 10:26 a.m.

Hello!!!

We have anything left :) The resistance of insulin is normal in the last quarter (and in the second) but from the 35-36 week I started to lower my basal a little because sometimes I had hypoglycemia.When I gave birth, they told me when the placenta came out, they told me that it was what produced insulin resistance and that the insulin will take away an hour or that the amount will lower.I lowered it, but less than the endocrine told me (because the trend was to be high), and the first two days was a little high.The third day I had a fat hypoglycemia at night.I do not know if the body takes to regulate or it is the emotion of childbirth and the first day, but it took me a bit to return to the pattern before pregnancy.Now I am getting like 20% less than I put on before becoming pregnant.

Hahaha, can you believe that you give me some envy?I am delighted with Diego, but the exciteA glutton and does not release the tit, but it does not swallow the milk and smiles a lot at that time ... it makes a pleasure to see how you enjoy eating: D

tica's profile photo
tica
02/11/2013 2:35 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hello!!

I am new in the forum, I do not know very well how it is still going, but I have gotten into this issue because it seems very interesting since I want to stay pregnant.

I am 13 years old and 33 years old.I would like to plan the pregnancy for this year that we are, for after summer to look for me.The last Hemo had it in 6.4, but it is also true that they give me many declines since since debuting I have always taken a long time for when this moment arrived no problem.

I am trying to lose weight before becoming pregnant, I have a 66kg weight, but there is no form ... and that has me worried, because I would not like to take too much weight when I stay pregnant ...
I am thinking very, a lot of being a mother ... and in the end I will end up taking the bull ...

In May I have my next visit with the indocrine to see how I have this hem and I will think about it ...

I hope to listen to some story that encouraged me to get pregnant.

Thanks and a saldu.

YOLI's profile photo
YOLI
02/14/2013 1:53 p.m.

Welcome Yoli!
I don't think it's the only one to encourage you to get pregnant, in my case I am doing well, better than I thought.Now I am 35+5, and calm, and I think when I was more nervous, I was in the first quarter, the same because of the uncertainty of knowing if everything was going well ...
You do not have a bad hemoglobin, but I think the important thing to prepare a pregnancy is to know how your body acts at every moment of the day, when it tends to climb or lower glycemia for example.The same is already controlled but it was what cost me the most, being sure of myself before starting trying to get pregnant.
I encourage you a lot !!
: D

ALG's profile photo
ALG
02/14/2013 6:16 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Welcome oli.
With the hemo you have, I don't think it takes you for a long time to program pregnancy, although the most important thing is to learn to control your body.
Before I got pregnant, it seemed to me that a world was going to cost me and that it goes, for me in what I have been in pregnancy, I am 18+3, diabetes is what I have best, with some crazy days but this is imevitable.

If it serves something I started programming my pregnancy in January of the passing year with a very high hem, 9.3 % and I got pregnant in October with a hem of 6.8 %.Since there has been going down.

How about the rest?

INMAPE's profile photo
INMAPE
02/15/2013 5:30 a.m.

Very good !!

Thank you very much x the animals ... Let's see if reading your stories a little I encourage me.Although for what I read almost everyone is doing very well during pregnancies, my indocrine always tells me that there is no better diabetics than the pregnant woman.

I will inform you of my next revision to see what hemoglobin I have, I hope I have not uploaded it;I will read you to learn things about your comments.And let's see if I get weight loss that it has a little uneasy since I have been a year that costs me horrors ...

I believe that since my body is already used to eating healthy .. well .... in short ... I'm glad to have put me here and be able to share with person in my same situation ...

All the best.

YOLI's profile photo
YOLI
02/15/2013 10:16 a.m.

First of all, welcome yoli !!!

I am going to tell you a little the opposite of them, for me it is very difficult to control diabetes, when it begins with insulin resistance I threw many days crying and throwing me from the hair, however, I started with a hemof 8.3 since it was an unplanned pregnancy, and even with all the cries and headaches right now I am with a hemo of 5.6

What do you think so much about pregnancy?For diabetes?If so, I encourage you, with that hemo before you are sure that you are great, although for me it has little.
The weight being pregnant, well not everything will depend on you, let's go if before you look great, but 66 I don't see it so much, right?

I encourage you, I am now 30 weeks, but come on, I have to say that in my case (each person is a world) that does not prepare me before, it is quite difficult and complicated, but with that hemYou take care of the food, this chupao!

Luck!!

kristyy's profile photo
kristyy
02/15/2013 10:27 a.m.

Welcome Yoli!
I encourage you, I am the most rookie in Estobya that I have only been with diabetes for two years and I am 29 years old.I debut with a 14 hemoglobin and cost me a lot to lower it, in October I got pregnant with 7.2 but it was an ectopic and lost it, my hem low to 6.9 and I have the next morning review.After 5 months of waiting they have finally given me free and we are already looking for it again since it is something that my endo recommends me because it tells me that I had the best glycemia that I have ever had. They have a very good hemo and a lotExperience, TB I encourage you to be Mama!

pachu109's profile photo
pachu109
02/18/2013 4:12 a.m.

Hello girls

Welcome Yoli I have been with diabetes 15 years but pregnancy is another world.In my case because I sincerely cost me peron patience you always get only to be attentive and when it resists breathing and correction because it is what there is

I am 34 +4 and today I have touched bump and echo my girl weighs 2,800 with her 20% error you already know and this mouth down at the moment has summoned me within 2 weeks for another echo and making me the exudate says that like everythingIt is going well I will not probate anything and let it go to your being monitors I will quote me when I make the echo calculation that I will take them to the 37th and a half but how do I know the weight well even if you do not think ... what do you think?

How are you going to?And the rest?

A kiss

Melina's profile photo
Melina
02/18/2013 8:26 a.m.

Every day I am happy to have gotten into this forum .. I see that many diabetics have been a mother ...

This Saturday gave me a quite strong loss of sugar, of which I stay unconscious but at the same time I am awake, and that is when that happens to me when I think I will take good care of another little person if something happens to me by being alone? !!!!.. uffff what complicated.
Having to program so much pregnancy is more aware that we are going to be mothers, because the one who has no problem remains and point that it does not even think about it and cons that a child can bring and more in our cases...

I think that since I don't do it, I am not doing it ..... The more I think worse ... hehehehe ..

I have a lot of descent, I have come to have the hemo in an epoch of my life in 4.4.Thing that is not good since the doctor who lived in continuous hypoglycia told me ... I almost didn't notice the descents ... in short .. I am very happy to be able to share these thoughts and experiences with you since I have neverState in no diabetes association and in my environment type 1 diabetics are all men.

Thank you so much!!!!

YOLI's profile photo
YOLI
02/18/2013 12:40 p.m.

Hello everyone!And welcome, Yoli!My case is different because "only" I have gestational diabetes, but I have learned a lot in this forum and, seeing the experiences of the other girls, I also encourage you to be a mother.I have a four -year -old girl and I assure you that, although I did not have diabetes, I thought about it a lot, a lot ... and now I am delighted to have her ... and for the second.
Pachu, do you already have a free way?Excellent!Let's see what they tell you tomorrow!I hope you get it soon.
ALG, you lack very little already !!!What illusion and what nerves, right?Or are you calm?
I have spent a great holiday week in Germany.Well, at the house of my in -laws not so much because they are very good, but chaotic, they eat anyway less healthy and there are tons of sugar every day (I have not seen anyone capable of eating so many cakes and cakes at once!And on top of saying "poor, you can only eat an apple").It is not a good example for my daughter and I can stop her without putting on my edge only to some extent, but, well, we go from figs to Brevas, so I pass from fighting, but hallucino.At home I think I have only eaten sausages.In the Hotel-Balneario, great, because they had me supermimada, they had bread that I could eat and were always pending the sauces in which there could be sugar and the garrisons not allowed to prepare others that I could eat.Thus I have been able to enjoy a great kitchen without having to give up everything.
The values ​​are very good.That day that I had the altered values ​​I still do not know what it was due, but it was a rare day that I was literally for the drag (come on, that I fell asleep when I got home) and in which my baby did not move even atime (which made me eat the coconut a lot).The next day he kicked me again, I relaxed and the values ​​were normalized, so I suppose that the coconut comedies are not good ...
Kristy, Melina, you don't miss almost anything!How do you carry it?I think I will not endure working until the end, my back hurts me horrors when I have been in front of the computer for less than an hour, I have to be walking and stretching continuously, I hope I could work four times, but I can't.I have a huge barrigon to be the 24th week (at least I do not remember having had it so great as soon in my first pregnancy), I guess it shows that it is the second pregnancy that comes here, because in reality I have only caught 2.2 kgWeight
On Friday I do not know how I have done it but I have an appointment with the gynecologist, the diabetologist and the physiotherapist, all on the same day.I will go to work in between, my boss will not be happy ...
A kiss to all!

tedesca40's profile photo
tedesca40
02/18/2013 1:58 p.m.

I tedesca how I'm glad everything goes well !!Do you see?There are rare and inexplicable days, as Melina, breathing and pa'lante says.They say that the second pregnancy shows much earlier, hehe, my back tb kills me a lot, it's as if I broke
Yoli, especially monitor those hypos, since in pregnancy the hypos if they are not controlled in time or there is loss of consciousness are more dangerous than a hyper, I believe that watching those hypos you will have it easier!

I had echo today, the little one already weighs 1,746 and is in a sevent -yearout of normal.And for the moment all good, the glycemia more or less under control (more or less ..)

A kiss to all !!

kristyy's profile photo
kristyy
02/18/2013 4:21 p.m.

I am fatal, with a death and half -deaf fluish because of the same flu and an otitis.Of course, without taking medications because we are in Germany and if they are already short when sending something when you are normal you can forget that you send you any pregnant things.They have put two tubes to drain liquid in the ears and wait for it to pass the deafness.

Of course my glycemias walk crazy.My diabetologist no longer dares to raise the dose more as long as I continue with the infection.He tries to cheer up and gives me food guidelines that do not serve at this time and we are in continuous contact.We must see if we dare to prick the basal twice a day, one at noon not to yield the daily hypos that I have between breakfast and lunch and the other at night.I will suggest the theme of the bomb that I think will be the best because I am clicking between 8 and 10 times a day and it is already difficult for me to do it.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/19/2013 4:47 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.