{'en': 'Diabetes and pregnancy', 'es': 'Diabetes y embarazo'} Image

Diabetes and pregnancy

NoAddedSugar's profile photo   01/17/2012 11:30 a.m.

Ayy ... I forgot!

Melina, I have not prepared the bag yet, I have the list with everything that is needed for the hospital, for home, ... and now in February I will put myself to it.If you give birth in a public hospital you almost do not need anything for the baby, only the output clothes, wet wipes if you are going to use, blanket or toquilla and comb.The midwife did not recommend the pacifier, since the first week you have to do the Teta.I guess everything will also have told you ..;)
And then our bag: nightgowns, gown, shower flip flops, breastfeeding fasteners, disposable panties, absorbent discs, ... I lack almost everything ...

Any recommendation?

ALG's profile photo
ALG
01/30/2013 1:24 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Hello girls

Well, I'm afraid I carry more weight than you because yesterday the midwife weights and according to them 13 and according to my swing, if I can walk for a while in the morning and another in the afternoon I will do it, but I think that of food I can not eat less because it would be a total diet to delgazar :) And enough that I have reduced the hydrates to the minimum ... stepto obsess myself

As for the bag, I asked if something forgot :) I know that in the public they give you everything but I have yet put the following:

For the girl:

As I don't know how big it will be, I have put two little ones one of the zero size and another of 1 month with their respective hat and good blanket because until it leaves the hospital, even if I will take one that you say to give him to breastfeedWhile I lame.I know that the pacifier as me the midwife is totally forbidden until I take the tit, but what if I cannot give it or do I have something will have to carry?I have even put one.I put some wipe just in case but there they give us sponge and soap I am not very supportive of the wipes, unless I caught you on the street I will wash the culete to my baby with sponge when I change the diaper.I also carry a Dodot diaper test that gave me that only one comes even though I know they would give me there but one does not occupy much space.Like a cremitic for the culete that I also have a test.

For me

Well, the two shirts, the robe, the Zapatilas, I only carry a breastfeeder because surely I will have to be without holding so if I can breastfeed my.Also as they gave me evidence in all the boxes that the midwife gave us, I have put a breastfeeding record test, I will carry a couple of compresses just in case even if they already give me there but well.The clothes are in doubt it is to return with what I put but and if I mancho it .. Anyway it is nonsense if I need something already my husband or mother brings it to me if I am an agonias ... I am ten minutes by carof the hospital.

Anyway, I will be missing but I prefer to have it there is no longer that it will be to go out in two weeks and have nothing ..

A kiss to all

Melina's profile photo
Melina
01/31/2013 4:35 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Dear Mamis and Premamis,

I come from endocrine almost jumping.My HBA1C is in 4.9 !!!I have to climb a tad the basal because I am waking up between 96 and 102 and another tad the breakfast bolus but with careful not forgetting to eat something between breakfast and lunch so that I do not give me a hicc.I have recommended that I take for breakfast whole wheat bread but I am incapable, if perhaps, one mixed because the integral bread in German is "integral-integral-gartoned".

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/31/2013 4:48 a.m.

Congratulations for why hemo beautiful !!!!!!

pachu109's profile photo
pachu109
01/31/2013 5:17 a.m.

Hello!!
Well, in my hospital they don't give absolutely anything at all, even the changer I have to carry it, diapers, wipes, everything!And poor about you for forgetting something, what I do not think about breastfeeding I don't know if I have to wear a bottle or give it there, I have to ask.
Today I already entered the 28th week, and my glycemias seems to be better, even if I don't want to say very high!
Harbite congratulations on that super hemo !!: D
Tedesca40 welcome!

Kisses

kristyy's profile photo
kristyy
01/31/2013 5:38 a.m.

Hello!
They gave me the list of things to take on the last visit and are enough.Diapers, wipes, toilet things, clothing, compresses, etc.I have not prepared anything yet.Now I'm 26+5, so I have time.

Congratulations Haribita!

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
01/31/2013 7:24 a.m.

Here in Zaragoza they give you everything in the hospital, both for the mother and for the little one.For example, bringing the houses from home to me seems like a roll.When you give birth, the nightgown you carry in paritorcies take it away at the time of giving birth because it is filled with blood.When you first lift yourself in the room again, they had to change sheets and everything ... and in the morning (5 hours later) they had to change again.The first hours are bleeding a lot.Compresas gave them to me at the hospital, I had to buy for home.The cotton are recommended by the points, I buy the postpart and are very good comfortable (they carry a strip of glue and wings).Now that I hook very little, I have Salvaslip of the same brand and are not excessively expensive (30 units 2 euros.
I recommend that you carry:
- A blanket to take the baby and to give it to the visits if you want to take it
- Panties to use and throw.I took nine and left over 3 (a package of 4 and another of 5).Buy them big, because at first you have to put two compresses at the same time
- Hand soap.That is not of pill.The midwife gave us a Dettol mark dispenser.It is a bactericide and in the hospital better use that.At home we use normal soap.
- Dryer.For hair but especially for points.As ridiculous that sounds, it is recommended to dry them with cold air (I did not take myself, but at home I have used it and works ...)
- Being home and robe
- Clothes to get out of the hospital for the little one.Size 1.
- For us we can go out with the same clothes we entered.It takes a long time to lower the tripot
- My partner took a sleeping pillow, in the end the pillow was used by day to get comfortable for breastfeeding and during the contractions to put them between my legs, I relieved me "a little" that position.We copy ourselves from the next partners who also had one.
- Strips, they didn't have my brand and sent my partner home to take more ...
- Sugar or juices to have on the bedside table.If you ask you give you, but it is an important hypo better to correct soon
If I can think of something more that will take me (useful, because taking me away many more things) or that I will miss you

tica's profile photo
tica
02/01/2013 8:28 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I would add the breastfeeding cushion to the Tica list (if you are going to use it).I personally found it very comfortable, during pregnancy to sleep (with him between my legs, as Tica says) and the little time I was giving my daughter's chest.It is fine that in the hospital they teach you to breastfeed the breastfeeding cushion from the beginning, it is very good for the back and shoulders.
I would also add a cocoa butter bar because the lips can resect a lot during childbirth (it depends on how long it is, of course).Shower shoes if the shower is shared.And everything you will need documentation, of course.
I confirm what Tica says that you better use the nightgown that give you in the hospital, at least for childbirth and the first hours.In any case, what you take, if you prefer to wear something of yours, that it opens well at the height of the chest so as not to have to undress every time the baby wants to suck.
In my case, the bottle we had to start giving my daughter in the hospital (and, on the way, they take the opportunity to advertise a well -known brand of maternal milk ...), they were to useAnd throwing, every time I had to eat they gave us another.
I remember that in the hospital where I gave light in Frankfurt they had even a radio to put CDs in the dilatation-parties (the dilation-parties were individual), and I took mine of relaxing music because they recommended it to usWhen we were seeing the rooms of births, but it really was in the last thing I thought in the midst of the contractions ...
They did not have to give me points, nor was there episotomy or tear, and that they had to use the Forceps to get my girl.I do not know if it helped that from week 34 we start with the perineal massage (five minutes a day), to prepare the area (come on, I am convinced that it helped, in fact in this pregnancy in week 34 we will start with it again, IMy husband did it because it was uncomfortable for me alone).Ask your midwives how it is done if you are interested.We used a special oil that is sold in Germany (but also in Spain) for perineal massage, I took the one that was left over for the birth of my midwife, and the midwives that attended me used it during childbirth to facilitate the lubrication ofThe area.
Good weekend to all!

tedesca40's profile photo
tedesca40
02/01/2013 2:21 p.m.

Tedesca, last year I was living in Frankfurt, in Rödelheim (curious neighborhood ...) we have some friends from there, that she is pregnant and they have told us that you have to take everything to the hospital.I guess it will depend on the hospital and insurance.Of course, better attention during pregnancy and more rights in relation to work.

They did not make me episotomy, but I had a tear, but very small as they told me.I was very afraid of the issue of points and come on ... I have hardly heard that I was carrying them.I also started to do the perineal massage (I also asked my boy, it is very uncomfortable but) and the midwife told me to do it with olive oil and pink.I think I did it 2 days and started with fungi and urine infection.I don't know if it was for that or it was simply coincidence (I had 6-7 urine infections throughout pregnancy), but stop doing it.

I add something else to the list: olive oil or specific cream for the nipples.On the first day I made a suck the little one and gave me a sample of a cream that did very well, but I asked more and they told me that they did not give creams, that I put olive oil.My mother brought me the typical small bottles and they went very well.I ended up sharing them with the partner :) Now at home I bought a medle cream and saint's hand, I don't have a single wound and it is not necessary to take off the cream before feeding the little one.(With olive oil either)

tica's profile photo
tica
02/01/2013 3:42 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Thanks girls for the recommendations!
I have already made the list ... And my mother what about things !!I will have to take the travel suitcase, :)) !!
A question ... I don't know if it was habita who commented ... to clean the culete it was best not to use wipes, right?Well, not to be away from home, then at home what is the best to use?Water, soap, gauze, ...?

ALG's profile photo
ALG
02/01/2013 6:26 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

PFFF, in the clinic they gave us a sponge with soap and a valley with water ... a little roll.
At home I use the wipes to I do not know that I have a lot of poop.I recommend those of Dodot Sensitive (for wipes and for diapers).Yesterday we put some diapers that gave us, they are from Dodot but from another range, and the irritated culete.The first time it was irritated and that we had not used balm creams or anything.

tica's profile photo
tica
02/01/2013 6:48 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Friend Alg: Proba crawling a little at home, I listen to that it can make the baby get in the right position hehe, you do not lose anything with trying, in one of those..... Good luck !!

LuRoKa's profile photo
LuRoKa
02/01/2013 9:19 p.m.

Alg my midwife advised me to have a thermos with hot water, without soap and a bowl in the changer.I have always washed the ass there with some gasites that I wash after using and dry it with towels.I have done very well.He is very cheap and does not dry the ass.What I do have are some oil wipes (exactly the same as those of dodot or other brands but of aloe vera that I use to remove the peanking because they are already of a "older" person, those do not resect so much but they are very expensive, they leave youThe soft, soft, smooth mans ;-)) The wipes are fine for the street but at home they are unnecessary.It seemed like a very good advice and almost 2 years later I am going as good.

DiabetesForo
02/02/2013 3:04 a.m.

Alg, I have always done what Haribita says: the wipes away from home;At home, a palanganita with warm water, several small sponges (to be able to wash them very often) and small towels to dry very well.
Tica, we lived in Dornbusch, next to HESSISCHER RUNDFUNK.You did well to leave the perineal massage if it caused or coincided with an infection, then you have to stop doing it.I had no infection and we could continue with him until the end.
I don't know in which Frankfurt Hospital will your friend give birth, but in the clinicClothing you were to put on the last day to leave and the maxicosi to go home).They did not leave you, in fact, put something else that was not the "uniform" they had there.I suppose that for nurses it is much more comfortable than all babies go equal.
By the way, yesterday I remembered the hunger that I spent in the hospital the days I was admitted when my daughter was born and what a little healthy food served.I do not know if it will be in all hospitals (Germans or not) like that, but it was not only the quality of the food, which was not very there, but how little it was (I did not see a fresh fruit of dessert in five days or forAsomo, every day puddings of diverse colors) and the scarce for a mother who has just given birth, what hunger (and it is not that I am very eating).Above, when you can finally leave the gestational diabetes diet you find that ... Let's see how this time is ...
It is true, Luroka! In Germany the midwives also recommend I do not know what position for the baby to turn around, but I do not remember if it was crawling or what it was.Maybe Haribita knows it.
Since they let me eat whole wheat bread in addition to the glass of milk in the right it is great with the diet, I no longer have the night hunger attacks that I had, less bad.On Monday I return to work if in the clinic they don't tell me anything else, it seems that I have taken the rhythm to the diet (for now).
The German whole wheat bread is true, habita, sometimes they are very careful "bricks" ... I have found one of rye and 100% integral linen seeds in the bakery that, surprisingly, is spongy, I love it and I love it andI don't shoot my sugar.Do you know if in Spain it is possible to find 100% integral bread without sugar or malt?My parents have told me about the "Special Line" line of El Corte Inglés, but I have not been able to find the list of ingredients on the Internet.If not, when I go during Holy Week, I will take two loafers from here in the suitcase ...

tedesca40's profile photo
tedesca40
02/02/2013 10:45 a.m.

Tedesca, they do not sell the integral bread of the type of Germany.My German professor told us that when his parents come to see her they always bring integral bread.He says that here in Spain we do not know how to make bread :) in Zaragoza if there is a herbalist that makes a bread very similar to German, but you have to order it and they only sell it on Fridays (although it does not get hard) in El Corte Inglés there are slices there are slicesIntegral, but it is not the same and it is also a bit sweet ... so if you can bring the bread, better.

The little one claims me !!

Greetings to all

tica's profile photo
tica
02/02/2013 2:32 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Hello girls ...
Well first of all forgiveness for being so heavy but I wasn't having very good morning with this sugar ... my doctor went on a trip !!!Return on 28, therefore on Monday I will have to look for someone to guide me and in the meantime I bother you hehehe.
Yesterday all day and all night with hypos every 2 or 3 hours !!!And without insulin!I don't know what happens to me, this had not happened to me ... the truth is that I am very lost ...

LuRoKa's profile photo
LuRoKa
02/02/2013 10:44 p.m.

Luroka, I don't understand what you mean when you say "without insulin", being type 1 diabetic.
If you have those hypos, you have to decrease the dose of insulin.Go down one in a unit until you have hypoglycemia.
Get well soon

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/03/2013 4:38 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello girls !!How are you going ???
Today I had analytical, urine 24h and consult with the endo, I look at my records and he has only told me that he adjusts a little more with the food, for the rest well, the paste that is put on me the prox day 19 is that we believe that theWe have climbed, but neither much because as I have had the abortion, it calculates that it is in 7.2 or so but not higher, to if very happy because the glycemia that I have now told me that they are perfect and that that 0,2 more that I can have low soon and that Comp We have all February for Selante that encourages me to continue so everything ok!And to see if I get pregnant soon because he tells me that they are the best glycemia
I let you go from the mobile

pachu109's profile photo
pachu109
02/04/2013 6:11 a.m.

Congratulations Pachu for those results.

Oysters ethical, I had not thought about blood ... I imagine that the nightgown that puts you on the list will be for later and that during childThe gynecologist next day.
And about the strips ... couldn't they look at you with another meter that they had?While you are admitted, do the nurses look at you or do you control it?

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
02/04/2013 7:20 a.m.

From professional experience.
Take all your "diabetes arsenal": insulin, glucometer, strips, lancets, needles etc ...
What you can control better than no one else controls it.

Insist the endocrine to speak with the plant supervisor and leave in writing that you can do the glycemia and click insulin, even modifying the doses.
Especially you do in writing. The one is in writing, nobody will do nothing but what is protocolized.

I say the endocrine because it seems to me that it will be easier to "convince" than the midwife.

DiabetesForo
02/04/2013 1:54 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.