{'en': 'Diabetes and pregnancy', 'es': 'Diabetes y embarazo'} Image

Diabetes and pregnancy

NoAddedSugar's profile photo   01/17/2012 11:30 a.m.

Hello girls ... I only came to tell you that today I started staining ... My period date was for 18-19 but apparently it will be advanced !!!: Evil :: Evil :: Evil:
So well ... another month that leaves ... although I knew I was not pregnant since I had no relationships in the fertile days but a bit after ... hopefully after they operate me I can get pregnant again, becauseI don't think I stayed with this polyp ..
I always read them, I'm glad to see them that are going quite well, a kiss.

LuRoKa's profile photo
LuRoKa
11/12/2012 6:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Alg, I didn't know you had a retinopathy, did they operate?With the good control you have that roll these things appear.The important thing is to be stable.

Kekiya, do not hurry, when the bun is in the oven better: P And leave it will come out ... You will see: D: D: D: D

Luroka, I don't remember well, but did you not have a hemo of 9 ???My advice is that you can't even get pregnant with that hem, from 8 the problems your child can have exponentially and during pregnancy you will cost you more to control diabetes.Well, you listen to your doctors ...

Anabeg, do you see the same?

Today I slept 9 and a half hours, incredible ... and I have yet risen with ground: D: D is to knock on the couch and sleep, then at 2 hours I get up in a sleepy plan, I'm going to bed andI keep sleeping.I want to arrive on Thursday and have the echo (and the echocardium) I have a lot of gut, to see if the little one is fine

tica's profile photo
tica
11/13/2012 3:04 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

No Alg, for now I have not had to climb the insulin.I have solved the theme hypos in the middle of the afternoon with a mini snack around 7pm.I have some controls out of target but by little, what we commented on some 140 in the posts or someday that I wake up at 110 for example.But in general, I think well.The truth is that I have not noticed great changes in insulin needs;I continue to get practically the same as before being pregnant.Let's see how hard.

Wow, the ophthalmologist also sees you several times or is that when you have retinopathy?What a virgin roll ... I have echocardium this Thursday and the following Friday, the 23rd, ophthalmologist and endocrine.Is that they do not give you a week of rest ...

This week I am beginning to notice my belly.At night it is as if I threw and I can no longer ‘put’.At night TB it costs me a little more to find the posture.

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
11/13/2012 3:38 a.m.

Hello girls!
I was diagnosed with retinopathy in 2005, non -proliferative retinopathy, that is, the minimum, but they do not treat it laser or anything because there are no spills, it is like the first symptom that appears.At the time I took a scare of the milk, imagine, I thought that from here to blindness, but the ophthalmologist told me that with good control it was avoided that it would go further, but on the other hand the years of diabetes also make it appear.Now more than surpassed: D and happy, because from that year until now it has not gone more.But fear year after year nobody takes away.
Normally I am going to see the background once a year, but in pregnancy because of the possible glycemic lack of control, he told me to look at him more.My father also has type 1 diabetes since the age of 26 and now he is 62 years old, many years old, and there in 1988 he was treated with laser, to coagulate the spills, and since then he is great and has had no more complications.So to take care of a lot!
And yesterday when I give me the drops to delay the pupil, go subnormal the assistant who threw them!Sometimes with one in each eye is enough, yesterday without looking at me or anything he threw me 3 in each!And before the third I said: "They always throw me 1 or 2" and she told me: "It will not be that they have to give you laser and need to see you well": Shock :, how does that tell me!What a encouragement!To give it a cake ...

ALG's profile photo
ALG
11/13/2012 5:15 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

They have only made a background of eyes during pregnancy and they threw a small drop, which being pregnant did not dare to wear more.They did not delay the pupil or anything, and that I took the holiday (I had not yet said in the curro that was pregnant) and at the time I saw perfectly, neither sun nor anything ... I do not know what they saw there.Come on, I have been really a real -eyed background for two years, and I would like them to do it to me.Let's see if the next day is my endocrine and I ask for it ...

Alg, that's touch and the rest nonsense ... you have to see what stupid people can be ... having your father of example has to serve you a lot, also when he will start the same one could not even look at the hair glycemia at home, I have been 25 years and we bought the first meters for home ... It is clear that with good control we can spend a lot of time without problems :)

Sugars, you'll see how that grows ... Today in the morning my boy tells me, he is a little closer and it looked like a tin: p hahaha between my back and gut and that I have the huge gut ... haha ​​I look likeTo my dog, that when Bocaarriba pregnant he could not turn around (we called him a tortuquita .. imagine what my boy calls me now: P)

tica's profile photo
tica
11/13/2012 6:46 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

hahaha I call me a joke ballenita even before pregnancy, so ... we'll see how we ended hahaha

They made me an eye background in February this year and now they have asked me.I guess the 23 will already tell me the date.
But before being pregnant they did it every several years.

You see, what 'luxury' to have your father alg.At least at home it was already normal when you debut you, in mine it was a chaos at the beginning.

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
11/13/2012 7:18 a.m.

Within a few years we will be surprised at the treatments now compared to those of the future!And yes, when I debuted it was not new to my parents, it was they who realized the symptoms, one night they did me analysis and almost 300, so the morning following the pediatrician.My father, in his day, before I was born, was reported on the inheritance of diabetes and told him that in the case of a diabetic father it was unlikely and now it is known that it is when there is more possibilities to inherit it.Oh well...
And not to mention when my father debuted, they looked at glycemia, not hemo, every 3 months in the endocrine, of course there were no meters, I had to boil the syringes, ... a nonsense.

ALG's profile photo
ALG
11/13/2012 8:46 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Yes, it is true that our luck has changed a lot.What I am not so sure is that in a few years we surprise ourselves.I debuted in 1999 and unfortunately since then I have not seen virtually any improvement.

On the subject inheritance, have you informed?
I asked the endocrine I had before being pregnant and told me that the chances that a diabetic mother had a diabetic baby were low, I don't know if 5% compared to 2% of a non -diabetic mother (I don't remember itand I am still saying barbarity)

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
11/13/2012 11:51 a.m.

I was also looking (and asking) about the probabilities, and curiously they are getting higher ... before diabetic women "were forbidden to have children" also diabetes can appear at any time in life, and of course the statistics that there areThey are especially type two, that people did not die and those coas.I think we have many ballots to develop our children the happy diabetes, but what we are going to do.When I got pregnant, my boy was living outside, I stopped taking the pildora and came a couple of days to Spain and although there was the possibility I did not believe that I was going to get pregnant (I aimed ours).Just for those days I was looking at the theme of ovules donation, even if I didn't have my DNA, it would be my son just like it was my ovulus, for a man I think that the donation of semen is something different, but for us that you take the childInside, there is not so much difference, right?But look where, I got pregnant.Now I refuse to eat my head with this, if one day I drink a lot of water I will already do an analysis, better example than your mother to see that you can make a "normal" life.

I have a sister that we seem very physically (to stop on the street and confuse and not realize the people ...), when I was diagnosed with the diabetes, and my endocrine saw my sister told him to do genetic analyzes to seeIf you could develop diabetes (we are talking about the year 88).And it came out that it was a matter of years or months to develop diabetes, every six months they made a sugar curve, in summer if it was more thirst, it was overwhelmed, so several years until in the end the sugar curves sent to shitand all.Now he will turn 40 and his pancreas works perfectly

tica's profile photo
tica
11/13/2012 12:07 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

When you say many ballots to develop diabetes, do you mean type I?
Do you mean you were raised by the adoption of the ovule for the issue of the inheritance of the disease?

In my family there is no other known case of type I diabetes and I had always believed that if it is inherited, it is not in generations in a row in most cases.Between brothers it seems more common.I know several cases in which the disease develops one of them and at the same time does another, but it usually does not agree that one of the parents has diabetes.In fact, I think Alg's is one of the few cases I have heard.
Look, nothing happens and obviously accept it and adapt it, but I honestly think it is a problem to have a small child with diabetes.

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
11/13/2012 12:31 p.m.

I have found this link that Owash published in 2010. If you search the 'inherited' forum there was a thread on the subject in that year.

According to this, the possibilities are few, very few I would say in the event that the diabetics is the mother and has it after 25. And as they say in the thread, diabetes can be genetic or viral.It is not fully known.

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
11/13/2012 12:40 p.m.

In my family there is not anyone, but I know a couple of cases, apart from the ALG, with some diabetic father.On what we have many ballots, I don't want to say percentages because I can swing much.Cases of brothers I know ... Let's see what I think 4 direct (4 couples) and that they told me a few more ... It has a genetic load, that is clear, that it can happen for another cause, too ... but there isExit that possibility.I have three nephews, and the three of their parents saw "clear signs of diabetes."Of course none is, it is clear that we will have many situations of doubt, but we better learn to live with this, but we will bitter ...

And the ovule donation by Supesuto that was to avoid the genetic load (it is then developing diabetes, you have a face ...: shock :), but I don't get out of that or anything ..., it was a possibilityThat he wanted to tell the endocrine, there was no occasion, because he also improves like this ... but no matter how much normal life can be done with diabetes, it would be a great whore ...

tica's profile photo
tica
11/13/2012 1:10 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Yes it would be a big problem that our children had diabetes but today it is a bearable disease (or that we have become accustomed to this way of life and we see it bearable) and if we have decided to get pregnant, it has been taking it into account, I think.What would give me a tremendous grief is that the debut was very tiny, but I think it would be the best time to overcome it and take it as normal.With 12 years I accepted it well but with 15-16 years I realized that I had not really overcome it and it cost me a lot.As I had no complications I did not see the danger of carrying bad control.

I saw that thread of inheritance a long time and I think I wrote, in our case it is 2%, more or less like mothers without diabetes, but who says we will not be that 2%... well I am quite positive with all this, I also trust that my girl is going to look like her father, who has an iron health.
I do not know what your boyfriends, husbands, ... but mine will think knowing the possibility of inheritance, does not see it so serious, according to him it can have other types of diseases more serious than this and therefore we will not stop having children.If it were a fulminating disease, yes, type of that of the dream in some families, that end up dying because they do not sleep.

On the other hand, I've been with some posts of almost 200 for 2 days, yesterday with 180 I put 2 units of fast and only got off up to 120 and today I had 200 and I have put 3 units and at 2 hours 102, it seems thatI have more insulin resistance.Tomorrow I will get faster in the food ... What fear I get this to need more insulin, but it is what it touches in the second quarter, the Sádabo entered into week 22.

ALG's profile photo
ALG
11/13/2012 2:18 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

ALG, see the necessary bolus recalculating to correct you 1600/Total insulin quantity.I put the leg with that for a few weeks, because I ran and was high ...

tica's profile photo
tica
11/13/2012 2:24 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

I get an index of 41 but I think I get less.I will test it, thanks Tica.And for the moment I have not climbed the Lantus, I lift myself well.

ALG's profile photo
ALG
11/13/2012 4:54 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

tica: yes!My hemo is or was in 9 ... I hope to download it soon ... I know that if I can !!!All these years I took her super good and well now I get a lot of control.I get a little sad ... it was just that ...
Regarding the inheritance of Diabetes, my doctor told me that none of my daughters should have it, that mine is congenital, but we observe them, so far nothing and hopefully they never have it, I would not like it at all ... but I ampositive.
I want to improve !!!And soon being able to have another baby, I die for having it: D, kisses to all.

LuRoKa's profile photo
LuRoKa
11/13/2012 7:47 p.m.

I would say that all (or almost) have gone through that time of non -acceptance of the disease.I debuted with 19, at first it seemed that well but then I started to make the fool and move from control, simply because, I had not overcome it.I guess they are complicated ages for everyone and if something like this happens to you, it is more complicated.
Neither my partner nor I have had doubts when having children.He says that if he develops diabetes, we will "want even more if possible."Come on, relativizes it (and I try) and I think it can develop this and many other diseases.But the truth is that I have never thought that my brother or my nephews could debut, at least I have not thought about it as something that can really happen.I hope it never happens.And if my son has ever debuted I hope (and is a bit selfish) to do it when he can control alone.Because as little, in school, etc.It is a mess.
Tica, Alg, I do not understand what you say from 1600/total amount of insulin and index of 41 ... The truth is that I correct my eye guiding me for the experience ... for example, if I am 200 and little I correct myself with two units of fast.Can you explain it to me?
I still do not notice great changes.The Lantus at noon is doing well and I can be stable all day (nights included that was what cost me the most).
Well, tomorrow I have echocardium.Let's see if hopefully shows me and they tell me if he is a boy or girl;)

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
11/14/2012 3:31 a.m.

Luroka you will see how diabetes is stabilized in a few months ...

I am not sure at what age it is better to debut, I think the 40 is a good age: p hahaha.I debuted at 3 and I remember every day I spent in the hospital (I also had to sleep alone because my mother did not let him stay ... I think that was the hardest thing) and I am clear that that has marked me in my life.It was 10 very hard days, my shattered parents and the children who find out more than we believe.But on the other hand I do not have "a life without diabetes" to compare, for me diabetes has always been part of me.The worst time adolescence, but in my case too many things were gathered to attribute all the depression to diabetes.In fact I have been going to a psychologist (until two) and the only topic we almost did not deal with was diabetes.It may be that my way of being was the causes of "from what happened to me" (I do not feel like giving details) and that way of being defined me diabetes, it is complicated.But well, now it is totally overcome, I have a normal life and I am happy, which is the most important thing ... the only time that diabetes is really weighing is now with pregnancy ...

Sugared, that of 1600/total amount of insulin is what lowers each insulin unit.Of course you have to take it with tweezers, but it succeeds me a lot.For example, before pregnancy I was putting about 35 to day 1600/35 = 45 that means that for each unit low 45, I usually round up up.1 Unit 50. Now that I am getting 80-90 on 1600/80 = 18. I calculate that I need 5 units to download 100. My problem when I was about 20 weeks is that I got the basal and the ratios of the meals andNot the correction, so if in a post I was high, I corrected and remained high, until the endocrine told me: Oops :: oops:
Let's see if tomorrow they tell you the sex of the little one.I am a little nervous because tomorrow I suppose they will tell me how it is going weight, I have read on the Internet that up to 1kg and a half is within normal for week 30 ....

tica's profile photo
tica
11/14/2012 3:50 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

I do remember 'my life without diabetes' but I am sincere it was not better than now.Not because of the disease, of course, but because I am now happier for other reasons and that compensates for everything bad.I compare more with my childhood, in which I do remember everything totally happy and great.When I think of those years I do long to be liberated from diabetes.Instead I would not change my life now for a adolescence without diabetes.Not easy to explain.

Thanks Tica.Is the total amount of insulin the sum of the slow and rapid of the day?That is, all the units you put up to date?
I tb more or less I think that each unit lowers me about 50. And in the same way, I do with a hip.More or less a ration of hydrates I get 50.
But according to this I would be doing wrong.In total I put about 20 insulin units.Then 1600/20 = 80.Each unit lowers me 80 in theory ...

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
11/14/2012 6:52 a.m.

Hello beautiful
I know to tell you a couple of things.

First I link a blog:
They talk about thyroid and pregnancy ... Therefore, in part, you have those glycemic mismatches ...

I make a little spam of the forum .... We are doing a study on the forum, you have the fixed post.
We lack a little more than 50 surveys to reach the goal of 100
Those who have not yet answered it, please, collaborate that it is only 5 minutillos ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/14/2012 1:14 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.