{'en': 'Diabetes and pregnancy', 'es': 'Diabetes y embarazo'} Image

Diabetes and pregnancy

NoAddedSugar's profile photo   01/17/2012 11:30 a.m.

I do not know if I have not explained before, I have done an urine analysis and the ketone bodies have given me positive.In the urine strips it can be negative, beginnings, +, ++, ... it has given me beginnings, it is likely that it has been some air bubble in the pump and has been a couple of hours without insulin or something.With the pump you have that risk ...

Ale to sleep !!!

tica's profile photo
tica
10/31/2012 6:39 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

girls ... Does any explain what is that of the ketone bodies ???If it is not much trouble ... the truth that I notice that there are many things that I do not know or that may not exist here ... as for example the bomb they speak ... I had never heard about that ...:Shock:

LuRoKa's profile photo
LuRoKa
10/31/2012 7 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

said:
said:

I don't know that comment.I am overwhelmed for a couple of days, I am saying it daily, but what you are waiting for is that I say something that I want that my control is shit, yourself ... (By the way the endocrine told me that the ketone bodiesIn pregnancy they can appear from 160)

I have not gone to the doctor, I have drunk a lot of water and I have changed the catheter and the site needle, in a while I will look again and if they get on I will go to the Emergency.I have been a horrible day in everything, the animals for the soils and I have been crying with an impotence for diabetes that I cannot more

Look Tica relaxes that I really tell you that something happens to you, I have simply asked why it can be, I don't know what you tell me.As Kekiya says, the ketonic leave if you are very high and I have only asked if it could be for pregnancy because with 160 it seemed strange to me since it usually comes out with higher levels.The answer of whether it is pir the em arazo you have already given it to me, now it stops recapacita and thinks if you think that you answer me has been normal or you pay with me.
I've been thinking days and with this you've already helped me.I am very bad with the loss of my little one, my family is very sad, and I remain low because the ectopic is still grabbing my trunk and I can lose it, I enter Leados and with lagimas in the eyes of seeing youHow happy you are I remember what I have been able to have and I have lost it, I do not usually answer what you are talking about because I cannot say anything because right now when all pregnant being anabeg there is no other topHaving caused so many problems.My comments are always taken badly and always read badly.Hopefully you will never happen to me and you don't sit how I feel every time I ask or answer something.You have helped me a lot and you have taught me another way of living with this disease and you have shown me that you can be a diabetic mother.It gives me a lot of grief and I keep crying but I leave.
Good luck to all, that we have, that the births do well and that you have the ones that are not pregnant as soon as possible and that everything goes well.
Thanks to all and just leave you a word;empathy.

pachu109's profile photo
pachu109
10/31/2012 7:08 p.m.

Pachu, we know that you are having a very bad time, but everyone has their problems.I do not think that anyone from the forum can take away the suffering you are going through, or if you want to understand it, because they are experiences that each one has to live (and better not to live them).But that does not mean that you can give me an answer out of tune because I want to "While.What need to lie in an anonymous forum?I don't understand it.And I was also asking you for help, nothing more ... It was a horrible afternoon ... I don't know (we all have bad days)

If you think you are going to feel better for not participating in the forum for a while, I would see it totally logical.It is not the same case, but when my father died, I unconsciously stopped doing things that related to him.Now over time, I have recovered those customs and without pain ... if you will feel good about how you feel good, your improvements in diabetes, do not hesitate to participate and sure that we all listen to you and youWe try to advise/cheer up, but you have to keep in mind that people will continue to talk about their pregnancies, their doubts, their illusions, or their improvements to us to get a pregnancy.

I have nothing more to say about this issue, in you there is the decision and I do not even have mania or anything like it, but respect for me I will not allow you to lose it.

tica's profile photo
tica
11/01/2012 4:54 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

girls ... Do you explain what is that of the ketone bodies ???If it is not much trouble ... the truth that I notice that there are many things that I do not know or that may not exist here ... as for example the bomb they speak ... I had never heard about that ...:Shock:

I am not very clear, there are people who have more tendency to have them and others less (I have had many times: s) they occur when you have no insulin, after many hours of fasting and when there is a fever ... my endocrine told me thanDuring pregnancy the kidneys work more and if normal sugar in urine appears to 160 in pregnancy from 130-140 already filters and therefore the possibility of having acetone is greater ... I do not know if I have clarified yousomething .... Well, ketone bodies are highly toxic waste, in fact with a very high amount, it alters the pH of the blood and is what death produces after a ketone coma (but this happens if these several days without pricking insulin)

tica's profile photo
tica
11/01/2012 5:01 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Luroka, they explained it to me in this way.The body not to produce insulin capable of transforming food into energy, they stayed in our body as waste.Like any waste could lead us to a serious infection.During pregnancy they have given me the guideline of measuring them every day on an empty stomach and when he passes from 180 in blood.In my special case because as I am still in honeymoon and they say that as very little, they are not sure that I have enough insulin to discard these waste.When you are not in gestation, the ideal would be to control them with very high glycemia, from 240 continuous and when you are sick.If the ketone bodies do not have to panic and run to the hospital but eat more carbohydrates (not find yourself well and have little desire to eat soft drinks, sweets ... are great) and raise the normal dose of insulin.To get to vomiting or to smell your breath to apples, running to the hospital.

Tica, calm and you will see how everything improves.I know that it is very frustrating, especially for those that you know so well because you take a long time with the disease, see that you are doing everything right and that the results are not optimal.

And Pachu, do not suffer so much and don't make hasty decisions.Comments on a screen are easily misunderstandable.

Greetings to all the other premiums.Today I have had breakfast for more than 3 carbohydrate units, I have only punctured 0.5 of insulin and at the low time of 68. Things of pregnancy!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/01/2012 6:02 a.m.

Good
Lore, Luroka, Welcomessss
Luroka, you will see how stabilizes soon lucemias and you can go looking for the baby, here you will learn a lot, this forum is wonderful: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D
Tica, it has to be frustrating to want to do things well and that do not come out, but in pregnancy the hormones are in that way, and we are very sensitive, the hormones are crazy, because imagine a diabetic, come patience and encourage thatThere is less, when you are bad to Diego's room, you will see how your face changes your face
According to Harabita, when reading the writing you can completely misunderstand, Pachu do not make decisions without thinking, I understand what you are happening, it is very hard, but for that there are friends, family, the forum, to help in whatYou can, and at least give animos, I hope you reconsider
Kekiya, did Paula turn around?Then it will be normal delivery, right?Oh what little you have
Alg, sugared, how about everything?
Everything normal here, this week I have to come the rule, we will see if it comes or not, hehehe
Muxussssssssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
11/01/2012 7:38 a.m.

Well, I have thought about the same as Pachu, if you have a normalized diabetes and with those controls I do not understand the ketonic bodies, I have been many times more decompensated and I have never had ketosis, I do not say that I lie either much less, but it seems to meRare, and the endocrine has always told me that as normal the ketone bodies come out with controls of more than 200 pregnant or not.
By the way, my endocrine must be a fucking shit, in my hospital and at high risk they give as something acceptable we have up to 7, obviously against lower better, in addition, sugared, if I am not mistaken, they gave you green light in pregnancy with6.6, right?Could it be that with pump we are easier to download?Because I think (I'm not sure) that those of you have 5 use almost all bomb, right?

kristyy's profile photo
kristyy
11/01/2012 8:54 a.m.

Hello girls!

Kristyy, I have managed to lower HB with the bowling, but each person is different and the same what comes good to me to another.Yes I had my bad years of HB of more than 8, which were actually not to take care of myself.But for years I try to be below 7, that until this year for wanting to get pregnant I have adjusted a lot until we see the 5th. Until then my HB were 6.3 to 7 and on the one hand I knew that I could improve but as the acceptable limitThey put it in 7 well ... But now, I have marked 6 or 6 with little at most and for now I am getting it, my diabetes is easier than for other diabetics, I don't know.And it is that the truth is that I have been in the head months, good control, see how my body acts at all times, many controls, ..., just a little obsessed, but now I would not be traquila if I did not do it.And on the other hand thinking about March, after giving birth, and the pressure that I am going to get rid of when I stop eating my head to see a 200!Joe, go sheet metal!: Shock:

Anabeg, in a week ... Let's see!

Even what I know, the ketone bodies are substances that occur when the fats are burned, that is, when the body does not have an available glucose (if we do not have insulin or in case of protein diets type dukan) and you have to use fats forget energy.And these are toxic to the organism, so so dangerous for type 1 diabetics not treated with insulin since they can enter a ketoacidotic coma.And in theory they occur from 250 glycemia but in pregnancy I lose myself if they occur before.Also after the whole night of fasting in the morning they can appear in the urine in diabetic people or not.

And changing the subject ... I think that yesterday I noticed my girl/or for the first time, they say that it is usually confused with gases, you will tell me the ones you have been pregnant or tica and Kekiya.I noticed how a pressure outside the navel, very rare, and I was still and I noticed it again.What illusion he did to me, to see if I notice it again!

ALG's profile photo
ALG
11/01/2012 10:59 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Alg, with your week I started to notice, they are like very soft taps at the beginning (and not so soft later ...) seem like butterflies that move in the gut, then it is already evolved to kick, and then to the fact thatYou get "the little foss in the hygadillo" hahaha that pain today hahaha is a pass ... Turn in bed with your knees folded, they say it's how most it shows ... my little one doesn't like that this one ofside and it makes me very clear, if I am a while it starts to kick until I turn, and in some the week they can notice by putting their hand, that made my boy a lot of excitement.

The ketone bodies ... I think it was because it had a mega bubble in the catheter.No continuous lack of control is needed to have acetone ... I am also prone to have.Yesterday I just wanted advice to do the high sugar to lower them ... nothing more ...

Well, yesterday I discovered that the package was still in the USI don't know what was affected in the hurricane then).If yesterday I wanted to end the day, today in the morning I have gone to my mother's house and in the park next to me they have stolen my bag of a pull, and silly of me I have still tried (instinctively) Take it so that they will not take it, I have released it quickly ... you have to be a cocoon to steal a pregnant woman, well to simply steal ... Ayyy another day to forget: P

tica's profile photo
tica
11/01/2012 11:15 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Well, I hope I could go down to 5, but I see it impossible, more than anything because I do not follow the diets or shots, I love to eat and also all the possible nurseries ... I try to eat few marranadas, although it is very difficult and there are days there are daysWhat beak ... how are you taking care of you in food?The other day the endo told me that the controls are going more or less, but the weight is not, I am going up a lot and as I continue like this at the end of pregnancy with 20 kilos: shock :: shock: I'm hungry at all hours but fromThings I should not !!!Fish or see it ever in life, I try to eat vegetables, salad, but I can't cook grilled meats because it gives me a lot of disgust (especially chicken and turkey) I am quite limited and I just feel like eating fries ...At 6 months they will have to get up in crane at this step!And the lumbar already hurts me !!I don't know what to do already ..

By the way sugared, I am like you, the room until after anything is born, because we can not leave this floor that is very small, the other day I tried to tell the landlord and I had a fight, so we would not staybut remedy to endure here until the year ... It is a whore, but hey, as you have said I will take the cuckoo and little more and when we change us, I will ride the room

kristyy's profile photo
kristyy
11/01/2012 12:59 p.m.

Well, I have gone up a lot of weight, I have a torque for human that I have no weight, but they have told me that I do not worry, that I am having many liquids and that the analysis are ok, that sometimes the issue of weight is exaggeratedIn pregnancy ... I spent the first quarter, I recognize that, but then I went hunger and now as normal.

They have just hung on Facebook the child's photo of a schoolmate, primary school ... just born, and they just entered some crazy desire to arrive that day, Ayyyyy who wants to see the face :)

tica's profile photo
tica
11/02/2012 4:37 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Well, today in the post of the.comida ..... zas, 228 ..... so look how grace ...
And what nerves that have 10 days left for monitoring !!!

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/02/2012 4:42 p.m.

I win, the post of breakfast 240 hahaha.This is shit!Cateter change, repository and it seems that the subject has been solved, but I have not removed it anymore.Ah, and before food 44 I don't know what to do ...

tica's profile photo
tica
11/02/2012 4:50 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

A question, is the monitors from week 37?Is that you have nothing left: D

tica's profile photo
tica
11/02/2012 4:52 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Siiii, monitors is already at the end of the whole !!

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/02/2012 5:16 p.m.

Thank you for your girls ... I managed to understand something of the subject, but I always arise new doubts hehe. For example, I have noticed that strange taste in my mouth, as apple ... that is, it could have been ketone bodies, it isI will have to comment to my doctor: Shock: I think it's an issue that we never talk about ...
I am quite interested in improving my health at this time not only to achieve pregnancy but to make it customary and you can walk well at all: I carefully wanted to tell you that today I did mammary ultrasound, apparently it is fine, and the transvaginal echo ..I told me that I have a polyp, that it can make it difficult to get pregnant but it does not assure me that it is the cause, but that it is not serious. At the same time it is something that is operated or is very easily treated, I do not know well since I have to see it tomy doc with the results and from there they will tell me what to do ... what a anger !!!!!!!!!I have too many Gynecological problems since I have this shit of diabetes !!!!: x
I wanted to ask them something ... for example when we eat something, the sugar should rise to a certain limit? Or climb whatever and at 2 hours having dropped to 150? Anyone knows how it is? I think that I enter this forum to teach me things to meMore than sharing, forgive for being annoying.

LuRoKa's profile photo
LuRoKa
11/02/2012 7:51 p.m.

Luroka, they told me (during pregnancy) that you should not rise from 140 after eating (I think that in a normal situation the limit is in 180) and at two hours be below 120 (140-150 "in a situationnormal")
I believe that the first thing you have to get is to get up to a correct blood glucose, thus you will see that the basal has it well calculated (this serves to sow that you throw yourself into a normal blood glucose, for example if you take 200 and you get up to80, that does not mean that the basal is good, because you have too much, enough to lower 120 during the night ... I do not know if I explain)

My sister had Polypes, and they told her that that's why she was not pregnant, she was scheduled by the operation, and the day before the operation, she said: "I'm going to do a pregnancy test just in case" and gave him positive:)) :))

tica's profile photo
tica
11/03/2012 5:04 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

It is going to be that we get rid of those 200 glycemia, it is so easy to get out of control!Yesterday, we were left with some friends for dinner and I asked for a vegetable sandwich and to share there were Ali-Oli potatoes, which I love !!I put 5 units more quickly than normal, but at 2 hours I was in 211, and I put 3 units when they went to bed.And since I did not trust those dinners I woke up around 4 in the morning to see how it was and ... again 205 !!So I put on 2 quickly and finally I got well to breakfast.
But otherwise I am going well, a week ago I got the dose of Lantus and the rapids of the 3 meals a little, and it seems that at the moment I have stabilized.And I have to be careful ... because I am hungry at all hours that I die!Today I weigh again and I go +5kg and I think the pregnant gut is distinguished more.

Luroka, as Tica has said, in pregnancy you have to adjust the postpandracials more, which was 140 now is a 120, and that means controlling more what is eaten, the schedules, ... and adjust the basal, in your caseThe insulating, I when I used that insulin had to make snack, right, ... yes or yes because it has an impressive peak at 3-4 hours, and if I didn't eat something I had a safe hypo.Therefore, I think the good would be for you to lie between 90 and 140, and you can make a yogurt, a glass of milk, something light.And if the insulating dose is fine, you should get up over 80. But the right will always do it.I do not know what insulin are used in Argentina, but if you have the possibility of changing the insuler for the levemir or the glargina (lantus) do not hesitate, since they have fewer peaks and are easier to adjust.

Tica, even if you will gain a lot in the first quarter if you have not told you anything about the weight is that you are in a normal weight, right?And if you have everything good, you don't have to worry;)

And yes Kristyy, there is no other than to take care of the food, before I was pregnant, I chopped from time to time with things that I should not but now I do much less, I tell the hydrates more or less to get well to the post, and sometimes not evenWith those always comes the same.But I am not going to fool you, the other day in the afternoon I had a huge anxiety for chocolate, because I bought chocolate value without almonds, I ate 5 ounces and I put on fast, and well, I arrived well at dinner.And it was a long time since I ate chocolate!Let's see at Christmas, what suffering we will have with the nougat!

ALG's profile photo
ALG
11/03/2012 6:26 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

I have been in augmented basal for two days and it seems that the situation is dominated ... but I don't understand how I may need so much insulin ... I must walk in the 100 units per day (before pregnancy 35) but I suppose thatIt is what it touches ... the previous times when I decompensated me a little I went up the basal and solved, but this time I refused to believe that I could need more ... I put the leg: ((: ((((.

Alg, the dinners away from home is shit ... and much worse dinner than food ... on Friday I had that problem with friends because they wantedMore now that as I get as much insulin, it is not as before.Before, I saw a piece of bread and knew how many approximate units were.Now I start making accounts with the mobile and na calculator, not success!In the end we stayed at home and ate an entrecot between my boy and I richly ... I'm angry to be a little antisocial, but it happened very badly when I cannot control the situation and not for me, but by Dieguete...

And the chocolate tb can, but unfortunately (or luckily I am not very clear:-/:-/) it gives me a horrible acidity, and I no longer take hahaha ... well never ever: p.The other day we went to hypercor and were putting the nougat and silenced a tablet of Suchard Oreos, but I got a lot in the post that I asked my boy to chant it to me or eat it :)) :)) :))

tica's profile photo
tica
11/04/2012 4:53 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.