{'en': 'Diabetes and pregnancy', 'es': 'Diabetes y embarazo'} Image

Diabetes and pregnancy

NoAddedSugar's profile photo   01/17/2012 11:30 a.m.

Oh! Another question @yessica_a did you have insulin resistance in the third quarter?I am in a Facebook group of pregnant women with type 1 diabetes and I have read some case in which they have not had hardly any resistance.
I thought I had started a few weeks ago but it was a false alarm, I'm almost 24 weeks and I still dream of being like that until the end hahahaha

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/12/2022 12:18 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

nigiri said:
I recommend this Facebook group:

Link

Thank you very much for recommending the group.:)

Mireya's profile photo
Mireya
08/13/2022 4:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @nigiri.
In my hospital (La Paz) they induced me at 38+3 in both cases.In the two cases they controlled my glucose themselves with insulin and glucose but in the second they would have preferred that I did the truth ... I mediate in blood every hour and I was always stable.The reason I wanted them to control was because if it rises a bit for stress, blood insulin acts faster.
As for the third quarter in both cases my insulin resistance was brutal, to put on 4u/ration and more than double basal.As soon as you give birth, you have to lower insulin to values ​​from before pregnancy.

Both deliveries were well, vaginal and without problems, it is true that it is long because the prostaglandins were 24h and then oxytocin another 12 since you put it.In my case, as there were many women in childbirth when I played because it was more delayed and because of that I already got very tired when pushing.For the rest, everything very well, in general, what the mother wants at every moment and there is usually consensus.Much encouragement!

erpla's profile photo
erpla
08/14/2022 4:40 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Thank you very much, @erpla still have 16 weeks left to get out, I'll tell you

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/14/2022 9:23 p.m.

Hi @nigiri,
The first congratulations on pregnancy and I hope you get it well.I am 26 weeks and I started to notice the resistance just in week 24 and for now it has been stabilized since then (I cross my fingers that this way a few more weeks).
Especially I have noticed more resistance at breakfast (2.25u/ration) and the rest of the day because a little more than before but not so much.Slowly I have a departure in two doses, in the morning I have increased 5U since week 24 and at night I have not climbed almost 2u, since a PRATICOTO in all of the pregnancy I have not needed to put anything slow.
It is also true that I always try to be active, I usually walk and do pilates for pregnant and this is helping me.

It is normal that there is some resistance from week 20 since the placenta begins to mature and age, at least it is what they always tell me in the Diabetes Unit of La Paz Hospital.

I hope to help you and everything is doing very well.

belcp's profile photo
belcp
08/15/2022 1:33 p.m.

Thanks @Belcp And how have you not needed slow?What kind of diabetes do you have?

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/15/2022 8:26 p.m.

@nigiri I have type 1 diabetes, because my insulin needs lowered a lot the weeks prior to 24, to have a ratio of 0.5 in almost all the meals and at night I have almost never needed more than 4u of Levemir beforepregnancy and pregnancy as I commented on any insulin.

belcp's profile photo
belcp
08/15/2022 9:26 p.m.

@nigiri if I had resistance but less than I thought.The slow one was in values ​​similar to before pregnancy.I adjusted all the pregnancy but I did not upload anything exaggerated, as in pre-regulating more or less.
The quick if I uploaded it more, like twice as much pre-boar.I ate little HC and I think that's why I went up little.
Anyway in my case I began to notice in the last part of the pregnancy and was progressive.The truth that every few days was making changes during almost all pregnancy.Your quiet and go by adjusting as you see, if you have less resistance because better.
And after childbirth I went down first to pre-boraz levels as the endocrine told me but then I went down much slower because I was always low.I have come to use during breastfeeding half that pre-embraced and with 14m breastfeeding I still continue with 10 units less than before.And quickly more or less as a pre-boar, it also varies according to the cycle (which I had the rule at 11m).The first 2 rules were a bit more irregular and the glucose were quite unpredictable but now I have stabilized in the last cycle.
For me, breastfeeding was more chaos than pregnancy.Also because with the baby you don't have time to worry a lot about glucose, there are no schedules, you eat what you can when you can ... then once you are already taking a routine the thing is stabilized more.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/16/2022 10:42 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thank you @yessica_a As I also ingest few HC I was interested in knowing how I had been specifically.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/16/2022 5:07 p.m.

@nigiri @yessica_a When you talk about few HC, how many portions do you mean in each meal?

belcp's profile photo
belcp
08/16/2022 5:09 p.m.

@belcp Well, before pregnancy I already ate few, between 50-70gr a day normally although I have not been rations for years.There are also days that ate less or fasting and only one meal and in that case they were quite less.Normally he made 2 meals and about 50gr of hydrates more or less (of vegetables, dairy and nuts mainly and some fruit one day that is when I calculate that the HC raised to about 70).

During pregnancy at the beginning I remained the same but around 10 weeks I started with nausea and it was hard for me to eat like this I went to 3 smaller meals and put some more HC in the form of fruit because I asked for the body.The first quarter was also more sensitive to insulin and got very good controls despite increasing the HCs.I calculate that it did not go from 70-80gr any day but still the measurements I made of blood ketones used to be in the range of nutritional cetosis (it is easier to enter cetosis in pregnancy).
Once the nausea passed me a little (I was all the pregnancy with nausea but not as much as at the beginning) I continued with 3 meals and I reduced the fruit as the fast doses increased for me for the meals.At the end of pregnancy I hardly ate fruit, just some strawberries or blueberries with yogurt.I calculate that the second quarter and the third was over 50gr of HC a day.Also with 3 meals a day.Also the levy measurements I made were nutritional cetosis almost always.
I believe that I was most of the pregnancy in Cetosis although I made a total of about 10 measurements in the 9 months so I do not know for sure.Also one day punctual I ate quite more HC for social issues although they were very few, I always tried that if I had to eat it were, there were low HC options and suitable in pregnancy.
As everything sat badly and I was hours to do the digestions and sometimes even hours later I vomited this way of eating helped me a lot to not having fat hypoglycemia.If I get to use a lot of fast insulin and then I would not say the food would have been very dangerous.I come to vomit at 20:00 almost all the food of 14:00, or at dawn dinner.The only thing that sat well was breakfast.
That is why I chose to prioritize densest foods in nutrients: meat, fish and eggs and complete with vegetables, dairy, nuts and some fruit to provide fiber and more vitamins and minerals.If I base my food on hydrates, I would have been malnourished.At the end of pregnancy I only took a total 6kg since the first time they weighed in week 8. Even the first trimester was addressed 2kg.And I was already thin before.Still I had no deficiency throughout the pregnancy and I only took the typical supplements: folate (this is important that it is fuck and not folic acid that they usually prescribe) and iodine.And I also continued with vitamin D that I always take it during the winter and from time to time I took some omega 3 capsule.
My baby was born in normal weight 3.2kg and perfect health and remains without any problem and with totally normal development.And I had anemia for blood loss but I recovered in 1 month with iron supplement.During pregnancy I had it in the normal ranges, only a little at the low limit in the analytics of the last quarter but without needing supplement.
I could also breastfeed without problem, we have been 14m and now I have already made 16 hours fast.Until a few months ago I was because I was hungry but now everything is normalized at levels before pregnancy.During pregnancy I was never hungry for the sensation of almost constant nausea and forced me to eat but once I was hungry at all hours.I have never eaten as much as during breastfeeding and I have yet lost 2 or 3 kg of my pre-boar weight.

Clarify that I do not recommend anyone to make aVery low diet in hydrates during pregnancy if you don't know what you are doing because it can be dangerous.It is always best to be guided by a professional or have enough nutrition knowledge.I have been reading on nutrition and ketogenic diets and experimenting in myself before becoming pregnant to see how my body reacted.What I think does not harm anyone is a low diet in hydrates between 70-120gr per day, that should be normal for any diabetic and pregnant women (diabetics or not) because it is a very critical moment and density is needednutritional and avoid glucose peaks.Surely many gestational diabetes would be avoided and babies would be born within normal pesos and not above 4kg and predisposition to obesity and type 2 diabetes in the future.

Yessica_A
08/18/2022 7:58 a.m.

Thank you very much for your explanation @yessica_a.
If I do a low diet in hydrates (70-120 gr per day) but not ketogenic, it is true that with pregnancy as some hydrate more than another because before I did not have lunch or delend and now.

belcp's profile photo
belcp
08/18/2022 10:20 a.m.

I subscribe practically everything Yesssica @belcp says
In my case, I am doing very well, I have the perfect analytics, I barely have glycemic spikes and for the moment I have not taken any kg (I'm 6 months)
All the best!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/19/2022 12:53 p.m.

@nigiri I until 6 months practically did not have a belly, I started from 5 to have a little (like when you eat a lot) and the last quarter is when it grew a lot.And weight, it was similar, it was in the end when I gained something.That it was every baby, placenta, liquid, etc. because I left the hospital with no belly, entered the jeans before pregnancy a week of giving birth.
It is appreciated because in the end when you already have a belly it is the most uncomfortable part for everything and also fatigue.It gave me the feeling that I weighed 100kg when the stairs climb, I do not imagine if I get more weight.And that I was active all the pregnancy training and walking several km almost daily.
Enjoy what you have to fly and go very well.

Yessica_A
08/19/2022 1:16 p.m.

@nigiri how much I am glad that everything is great.
The truth is that I am going very well in analytics and glycosilada (5.4 or 5.5 everything that I carry in pregnancy).
I do notice my belly, since I had nothing before.
Like your @yessica_a I usually stay active walking several km a day and with pilates.Let's see how this last quarter.
@nigiri I encourage that there is nothing left, see us :)

belcp's profile photo
belcp
08/19/2022 1:26 p.m.

Thank you very much, girls :)

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/20/2022 1:01 a.m.

Hello girls, how are you going with pregnancy?
Do you know if having type 1 diabetes we can donate the umbilical cord?

Have a good day.:)

belcp's profile photo
belcp
10/28/2022 11:38 a.m.

Hi @belcp, I am already in the final stretch, 34 + 3 sg, and in 3 weeks the birth will cause delivery because this week preeclampsia has manifested and although it is slight, they do not leave me more than 37 weeks.How are you?.
Regarding donating the cord, find out well, I had no idea but it seems that behind that there is a good business mounted and it is nothing beneficial for the baby.
I recommend reading Comadrona in the wave that explains all this very well.
All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/28/2022 12:53 p.m.

Hi @nigiri, I start today 37 and for now very well, the baby is in 50th percentile and only my feet are swelling.

They have told me that for now they will not induce me, that they will hope to have put myself alone.Let's see how the weeks progress but surely they won't leave me more than week 39 I don't know.

Well, I didn't know that it was not beneficial for the baby, now I read it.
Thank you so much.
All the best.

belcp's profile photo
belcp
10/28/2022 1:12 p.m.

How lucky @belcp, I was phenomenal until two weeks ago and now suddenly this and the baby in percentile 10. I hope to arrive even to week 37.
Let everything go very well !!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/28/2022 11:22 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.