{'en': 'Diabetes and pregnancy', 'es': 'Diabetes y embarazo'} Image

Diabetes and pregnancy

NoAddedSugar's profile photo   01/17/2012 11:30 a.m.

@Maritxu22 I tell you the same as @nigiri especially if you go for social security.In my case I was 34 when we went to the doctor because we had a year and peak of attempts and expected more because we still had room but in the public they do not treatment if you have completed the 40 at the time you have to start.And between tests and waiting lists the thing is extended more than a year depending on the community.I spent a few months of testing and in the end when they saw the problem (my partner's sperm was not viable for natural pregnancy) they referred us to hospital where they do in vitro directly and in the first consultation they already put us on the waiting listBecause it was about 1 year.During that time we were tested.There are also problems that can be solved with certain changes but others need in vitro if or yes.You can comment with your primary doctor and exaggerate a little the time you have been trying to do at least basic tests.They usually tell you that up to 1 year is normal, the best thing is to say that you have been giving you tests for tests for a year and a half.If the positive comes then but if not then you have the way advanced.The first tests they do are analytical, sperm analysis and gynecological exploration so you don't lose anything to ask for them.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
04/04/2022 8:38 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Good morning, thank you very much for the advice.We went recently to the gine and I didn't think of exaggerating the time a bit so they told me to wait until 1 year to try to be less than 35 (32).If they explored to me and everything was apparently.They also gave us the flyers for the semi -speech, antimullerian, karyotypes.We have to do it in May, there is little, I will tell you and I will inform myself of waiting list.
Greetings and thanks!

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
04/04/2022 8:50 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

@Maritxu22 for my experience and I speak to you that I started with this in November 2005 and I ended up in 2016 between some things and others, go to a private clinic and do not wait.You can be on the waiting list of the SS and do it on your own meanwhile.
In my time there were few faces, now there are many and prices are very competitive.
The visits were covered by health insurance as gynecology visits and I only paid some tests such as chromosomes and genetic analysis.Fluoma and hysterrosalpìngography extraction operations were covered by Sanitas too.Then I paid the ISCI that included the extraction of ovules, geneticists, implants and betas.

In my case as the problem was masculine, they did not make any exam, so I changed other clinics in the following attempts because something had to be more, and if there was.

Much encouragement to all.It can be achieved.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/04/2022 9 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Maritxu22 to see how the tests are going, Co tell you you have to start soon because now they will tell you that you are very young, but the years pass very fast and already put in assisted reproduction become eternal ...

How says @ruthbia I also advise you private clinic.He publishes the one who works very great, but how the thing is complicated, the times expand too much ...

anif's profile photo
anif
04/04/2022 11:13 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

Hello girls, today it has been my beta and has been positive.Let's see if we continue on a streak and everything goes well :)
I keep reading the forum from the beginning because new things always come out.
A hug to all and thanks for the advice.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/05/2022 5:38 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Ay @nigiri what a joy you give me !!!Hopefully everything is good and I wish you the best!

Nila's profile photo
Nila
04/05/2022 7:27 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Well @nigiri !!!I am very happy!Now to be calm that you are surely making it great.
And keep reading, that the information is power!

anif's profile photo
anif
04/05/2022 10:15 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

Thank you so much!At the moment I am going well, Glycemias I think that quite controlled except for a big hip and another day I reached 170, the rest, I think good.On Thursday I go to my GP and I understand that she will already refer me to the hospital, right?
A consultation that I wanted to make, being high risk pregnancy, how often did you have to go to review?

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/05/2022 10:21 p.m.

I think you were also from Madrid, I went every month and with the diabetes nurse also in between (I had never put them with them).

anif's profile photo
anif
04/05/2022 10:29 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

Thank you, @anif was already imagining that you had to go every week and the overwhelming was entering ... I'm from Madrid, yes.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/05/2022 10:47 p.m.

Congratulations!!!!!!Great!!!!!
Now quiet life and control, much control ... (and a lot of progesterone :))
In my last treatment I put on the alert of the sensor at 125mg because the endocrine that should be between 90-130 told me, as soon as I went for 120 I insulin in itself.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/06/2022 8:36 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you, @ruthbia!I have the alarm in 130, the thing is that just after eating sometimes it reaches 130 - 135 and it goes down alone and at 2 hours after eating I am perfe.The first week after the transfer I obsessed so much that it did not go from 130 and in the end I had enough hypos, only one large, and the reality is that non -diabetic people, after eating they also put themselves at 130 - 140 or even moreDepending on the food for what I understand that what counts is how it is at two hours, right?Without having large peaks, yes.
Anyway, to see when the endocrine see me what it tells me.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/06/2022 12:22 p.m.

By the way, I am already with your endocrine, I have an appointment next week, I hope I do not get hit with the toujeo and pregnancy ... 2 years ago I left the foundation because the endocrine he had intended to return to the lantusIf I wanted to get pregnant ...

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/06/2022 1:16 p.m.

Uff ... I don't know, I don't know ... I changed myself from Lantus to Levemir because he told me that it was not affected by pregnancy.
The same has advanced the subject since 2017 and have proven that Toujeo is going well.I was 3 years with a levemir in two doses because it does not cover 24h, and when I told him that I threw the towel of having children, it changed me to Toujeo.

The first trimester tends to hypoglycemia, then stabilizes and in the end to hyperglycemia.She told me, but I imagine there will be cases and cases.

It is very nice and records everything, everything, everything on the computer.She will give you directly the following appointments.I have your mail in case something happened to me.As in the FJD app you see everything, it is very good in case you have to take it elsewhere.

On April 22 I go to my control, this time glyc of strip, no analytical.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/06/2022 2:05 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I hope that they have updated with insulin issues, I do not understand that in hospitals they do have pregnancies with Toujeo and Tresiba and in others not.Anyway, I'm not going to change, I don't think they can force me, right?I am quite anxiety about this issue, really but well, until 13 I do not have the appointment although I have a header tomorrow and I do not know if it will lead me directly ... Anyway, I will tell you

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/07/2022 12:06 a.m.

@nigiri congratulations and keep everything well.
I was with Toujeo all the pregnancy.If you don't want to change it does not matter what the endocrine says.Also in the midst of pregnancy it is not the best time to make the change.My endocrine told me that although there are no studies with Toujeo in pregnancy if there is an experience of use in many women without problems having seen.And the same the three.
For the rest I asked for an appointment with my midwife of the health center and she already referred me to the center where they monitor the normal pregnancies and there in the first consultation they passed me to the hospital for being risk.At first they do not see you very often, if there are more controls than in a normal pregnancy but not many more if you are doing well.In my case they saw me every month and peak two months at the beginning and at the end every 15 days and the last 3 weeks every week.And the endocrine saw me a few times because I controlled him well and did not want to go every little to say "Keep it up."In the analytics of the gine they already asked me glycosilada so they did not make me more analysis (one by quarter that is normal).And then the midwives visits the same as in a normal pregnancy.
You control everything you can but do not overwhelm.Getting to 130 after eating is quite normal as long as you then return to range, don't worry about that.And if you see that you go up more then you can make a waiting time before eating.And then continuous adjustments all the pregnancy.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
04/07/2022 8:46 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thanks, @yessica_a

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/07/2022 11:06 a.m.

Congratulations @nigiri!Let everything go great.@Ruthbia and @anif thanks for the tips.
From insulin to me with threeiba they have not put any paste or have proposed to change it.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
04/08/2022 10:12 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Currently pregnant of 16 weeks, I stayed “surprise” (error of taking the pill late because Covid did not fill the recipe in time and I had the A1C to 7.9 and they told me that I obviously had to lower it, in my second month my A1CIt was 6.5 and now at 4 months 5.6.A1C so quickly for me, I also carry the free freestyle and use the insulin bolis (fiasp use for the fast and lantus for the slow one), if you have questions do not hesitate to contact please.of 4 and another of 2 and neither has diabetes for now.

Lordword83's profile photo
Lordword83
04/11/2022 5:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello girls, today I have had the appointment with the endocrine and the truth that phenomenal.He told me that I have a very good control for pregnancy and that he continues.The novorapid has changed to me for Fiasp, and the thyroid medication has uploaded, otherwise, no paste.So no problem with the toujeo that was what gave me the most.
Yesterday they made me an echo and for the moment only the jacket is seen but it seems that it is normal to be so little.
I trust that everything will keep going well, I'll tell you.A hug to all.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/13/2022 1:31 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.