{'en': 'Diabetes and pregnancy', 'es': 'Diabetes y embarazo'} Image

Diabetes and pregnancy

NoAddedSugar's profile photo   01/17/2012 11:30 a.m.

Hello girls!
I have a question I don't know if you can help me, especially those you are already mamis, surely.I understand that it is normal to increase insulin needs from 20 weeks.I am 17+4 right now but I have been needing more insulin since yesterday.Yesterday at 2 in the morning I changed the catheter and everything from the pump because it was not normalTwo more insulin units and still and I have lifted with 130 .. I do not know if it is too soon to start climbing basal, for now I have uploaded all the basal of the day, in total it will be a unit more or less in total.I wanted to know if it was normal or I have to look for another reason for these figures ...
A BESOO

erpla's profile photo
erpla
04/25/2018 10:39 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Good morning chic@s,

@erpla Well, to see being Mellis they have told me that they will monitor more exhaustive to detect poor formations, growth and weight.After Maňana I suppose they will see how all that is going.As if they are the same because not for the moment they take two or three days apart and one is smaller than the other but very little.As for my hypoglycemia, the night is controlled and those of half a maňanBecause I get little insulin ...

Now I tell you about insulin resistance I had a great debate with the endocrine about that and told me at the time with my 1 pregnancy that is not grid that in the third quarter I would have to increase it but that I could never anticipate me perhaps I hadA few days before warning and would have to go up.But that does not mean that then to the third party.Remember that you no longer have control of your body and you may feel helpless because you want not to rise and correct it but how do you know the units?Unfortunately you do not know because perhaps with a 1 unit they covered it, perhaps now they are 3 and unfortunately you have to play that day you will have a bad thread the values ​​but do not feel guilty just correct and take air because it in the third quarter onlystabilized between week 37 to 39 from 27 I was based on weekly corrections looked like water.But each pregnancy is a world only patient and correct a lot of encouragement !!!!!

You can try to look at this forum back in 2013 and my little girl was born in March to see if you read the ones we were and you get better with all of them ending the pregnancy.

A kiss

Melina's profile photo
Melina
04/25/2018 3:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you very much @melina.
Yes, I have been reviewing this morning the thread, which is very long, but using the search engine I have already seen your participations with your first pregnancy hehe.I have also seen that it is normal for them to begin to raise the needs from week 17 so I am calmer, controlling more and that's it.What bothers me is at night because I think that sleeping is important and this of getting up every two hours to correct me kills me.I hope you don't bring me many problems.I know that if I see that it is uncontrolled I upload the basal to stop and sleep.
Thank you so much!

erpla's profile photo
erpla
04/25/2018 3:54 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Hi @erpla thanks to you heart for your contributions.The only thing that I go to Bolis and you with bomb changes and the truth I hope that someone who uses it of solutions so as not to spend the night.

A beautiful kiss

Melina's profile photo
Melina
04/25/2018 9:35 p.m.

Hello everyone, I am new here, I'm glad I found this forum because I am worried.I have 9 weeks pregnant, I was not planned because I have diabetes and I was afraid, well I'm still afraid.I have been in control with the doctor and nutritionist, however, I do not achieve that my glucose level is good, tomorrow I have an appointment to be insulin and see the doctor.All use insulin?

Nessa's profile photo
Nessa
05/02/2018 10:34 p.m.

Hi @nessa.Well here we have type 1 diabetes of course we put insulin.Those who have type 2 or gestational It seems to me that at some point in pregnancy they do, but I am not sure the truth.The best thing is that you paute with the endocrine the best treatment plan to have optimal glucose levels during pregnancy and you will not have any problem you will see it.

Much encouragement !!

erpla's profile photo
erpla
05/03/2018 10:51 a.m.

Hello girls

How are you all?I my kids well but they were not seen that they were in the echo of 15 weeks that they did to me and Ufff as time passes I am almost 17 you can imagine the piece of gut that I have.Ha ha.As for glucose, one day is very rare that I had a very high posture after eating but the rest well although I already have much less down there are still hehe.

@erpla how are you going to do your resistance and weight and others I already have 6 kg and that I do the strict diet and Ando but

@Nessa welcome to the forum As for your sugar as Erpla says if diet and exercise do not work will send you insulin or oral I do not know if they have taken some for pregnancy However, your endocrine will tell you.

A kiss and hugs

Melina's profile photo
Melina
05/09/2018 10:26 a.m.

Hello everyone!
Well @melina Well, you have not gained so much .... I have 6 kg too and I only take one inside;) In the end the most important thing is to stay well controlled, it is true that with the heat more liquids are retained so it would not be soStrict with weight, of course I tell myself to not overwhelm myself :))
They made me a fetal echocardiogram at 16 weeks and I didn't look very good so they repeat it on Friday.And on 16 the echo of the 20 weeks, I am looking forward to seeing it, that everything is fine because I have a berigon and I notice the kicks and I am going to take a large click if there is any problem = (((((((

For the rest I remain quite well, between week 18 and 20 I have had to climb about 4 units of basal although it is supposed to be from now on when I should upload me.Today's hemo was 5.2% I don't believe it !!I am super happy, at least I have some margin in case I get a tad these days ...

Well girls I hope you are all fine, @melina see telling little things!A hug!

erpla's profile photo
erpla
05/09/2018 12:24 p.m.

Hello, I have 3-4 days late the other day I had a stained one and today I have it again I have rule pains, I do not want to do the XK test I think it is soon but if it is the XK rule, do not end up going down??Can it be the stained implantation?Help any that has happened the same

angelaruiz's profile photo
angelaruiz
05/09/2018 1:39 p.m.

Hi @Angelaruiz!Get the test in the first urine in the morning, I did it with a day late and it already got positive.But yes, with the first in the morning to be concentrated.The bleeding you had can be implantation, I didn't have it so I don't tell you ..... Let's see if there is luck !!!

erpla's profile photo
erpla
05/09/2018 4:59 p.m.

I was bleeding with implantation but then I had to go to urgency to look at me because I kept staining little and pink and was x a hematoma ... The pregnancy test gave me in the middle of the morning ... if you are pregnant it comes out at any time!!!

mariamarquez's profile photo
mariamarquez
05/09/2018 5:07 p.m.

There has not been luck at my period :(

angelaruiz's profile photo
angelaruiz
05/10/2018 7:14 p.m.

Hello girls !!I don't know where to start!I am very nervous!I am looking for a baby and since Ovule hurts my ovaries a lot.I really want to eruption all day and I feel a little more tired than normal.I still have 7 days for the rule, today I have a pregnancy test but it was negative.It could be that I was pregnant or they are imaginations of mine ... I went to the doctor but they told me that it was very soon ... I need to know Yaa !!!

Yomisma6690's profile photo
Yomisma6690
05/11/2018 9:52 a.m.

Hello @yomisma6690!The truth is that it is too soon and you can do little.Of course, those blood glucose levels are very

@Angelaruiz I am very sorry that it was a false alarm but you have to keep trying !!!Much encouragement !!!

erpla's profile photo
erpla
05/11/2018 10:58 a.m.

Good, any mommy with negative Rh?Have you had any problem?I have read an article where they came to say that if the mother was diabetic and had the RH- .... bad matter.

Thank you

piruha's profile photo
piruha
05/14/2018 4:13 p.m.

DM1 desde 1987 (con 3 años)
Lantus y Humalog
Dexcom g5

Hello chic@s

How much movement I see here.

@erpla you have an incredible hemo the truth you get it divinely.And tell me how your echo of the 20 weeks I hope everything perfect.As for weight, the truth that has always worried me but you are right I do things well if fattening is because my body is so.I am 18 and I have uploaded the slow night but only 1 rapid unit I remain more or less the same but I know that I will be attentive.

@Angelaruiz encourage you will come to you and I hope it will be soon and you see that positive.

@Yomisma6690 The truth I understand you I bought a lot of test on Amazon and I started doing it 5 days before but you get more nervous.The month I didn't do.Good luck

@pirula I am not a negative Rh but I think who better than the tocologist to give you truthful information.There are times that certain articles or news exaggerate.
I hope you consult and tell us.

Now with my echo nerves of the 20 weeks that I have it on June 1 but happy because my two beasts no longer stop in the fear gut when I leave .. I hope they let themselves be seen and know if they are niňos or niňos orniňo and niňa.

A hug for all

Melina's profile photo
Melina
05/18/2018 1:41 p.m.

Hello!!

Well, I left very happy from the 20 weeks!I had it on Wednesday and they told me that everything was great.As my hospital is university they commented among them, "look, you must have very good control because it is very good" and I proud of all the effort I am doing: D is worth it !!The last hemo was 5.2% I do not know if it will last because I guess from now on I will start resistance.By the way, she is a girl!I am super happy !!
I had to climb the basal for week 18 but I have returned to have hypoglycemia again and I have come down a little again, I will be attentive from now on ...
The weight is that, I don't even get weight, if you wear a healthy meal, with fruits, vegetables and proteins you will remain great.It is also with twins I imagine that you will have to take more weight than usual so it is better not to be scared.For example, I see myself with much more gut than normal for the gestation time that I carry, compared to other girls like me, because I have taken a little more kilite than it is stipulated!But well the thing is to be fine.
It is inevitable to be nervous @melina but if they are already giving you war, it is also a tranquility not?, Since I notice the little one I am much calmer, I feel at night and when I feel it, I breathe, hehehe.
If you have the hem below 6% there will be no problem, you will see it.
Let's see what they tell you, if it is a couple or par;) you will tell us !!

A hug to all!

erpla's profile photo
erpla
05/18/2018 2:44 p.m.

Hello girls !!
I've been reading this thread weeks, I was dying to write but I have not wanted to do it until I read it whole.That accompanied you have made me feel, without knowing you of anything it is as if you were already my friends !!
I am 37 years old and I am type 1. I never debut, in 2015 I was detected gestational diabetes and when they did evidence they discovered that I had antiphancycreatic antibodies and those things.The truth is that pregnancy was complicated a bit, the placenta was calculated, in week 32 I was already fatal.My gynecologist said it was due to poorly controlled diabetes.I diet and put insulin but the truth is that they detected it quite late.The point is that in social seceurity they did not detect the placenta, but the private one.I was also little amniotic liquid and because of the calcifications of the placenta the baby was not growing as it was.Come on, a nightmare.The Celestone (corticosteroid to mature the baby's lungs) injected me and they made me monitors week to try to extend the maximum.Finally, in week 36 I was scheduled to a caesarean section since the placenta was about to infer.It was a horror because he should be very aware of whether he lost liquid, if the baby moved ... and to all this he barely weighed a quilo and a half.My header recommended me the last weeks to skip my diet and click more insulin to try to gain it.Thanks to this weight 2,300.He was the first hours in the incubator but then with us, although he had several hypoglycemia, they told me that for me diabetes.His problem is that he was a CIR baby (delayed intrauterine growth) and it is as if he had 32 weeks.I had not developed the suction instinct so giving it to flow and even a bottle was chaotic.He also had immature intestines and jaundice.It cost us that he won weight but he is now going to turn 3 years and is a super healthy child.
As I did not go back to the endocrine, I was thinking that it was a gestational diabic I lived a cheated year until in some blood tests the uncontrolled sugar came out.According to the educator I am on a honeymoon and also given the slow evolution I could consider myself.So with regime and metformin they have been trying.Last year I got pregnant again and at 12 weeks they had to make a curettage because it did not develop correctly.I do not know whether or not it was related to sugar but from then on the endocrine told me that as soon as I left we would start insulin.Now I'm 22 weeks and I have been with Apidra almost from the beginning.Take metformin until last month, for now the basal I have well, what fails me are potpandriales.I make many hypos, Saobretodo after a hyper, I think it is because I still have some pancreatic reserve and my body does not respond as it touches but happened fatal.The truth is that I don't get anything about diabetes, I mean, since my hay has always been around 5.6.The last 5, although the endocrine subtracted merit saying that just because the glycosilada already lowers half a point.
Well, I have many more doubts and concerns but I don't want to lengthen anymore, I'll leave it for another entry.
A very big kiss to all and thanks for sharing ueatras experiences.

Zate's profile photo
Zate
05/19/2018 12:55 p.m.

DM1 (LADA) desde 2015
Apidra
Última hemo 5

Good afternoon chic@s

@erpla my gyrhade level the last one was 5.7 to see if the second quarter is still the same for my glucometer stockings there is I'm happy if I improved great.I am a lot that you are so well your great struggle for your pregnancy, you deserve it.
And if the weight well because my midwife reassured me and you too and I take it in another way and of course that their movements of the babies wanting to count on the days of the echo of the 20.

@Zate welcome I'm glad you have decided to write.Your story is hard but the strength you will have won will help you a lot.I am glad to meet you and that you were going ahead.Your hem is great, you tell us that you carry if I don't even go and go very much as I erpla.

A kiss and good weekend

Melina's profile photo
Melina
05/19/2018 2:01 p.m.

Hello everyone!

@Zate welcome to the forum!I also spent several days reading the thread to try to learn as muchSince 1994 I was not able to understand what it was to carry a pregnancy with this disease, so imagine what they don't even have :))

I have read what you have written and you seem to me a super strong person, you had to spend a lot of anguish with what happened to you in your first pregnancy, the truth is that women sometimes go through very stressful situations thinking that if something goes wrong it is forOur guilt.They have already told me on occasion that I am not going to go from month 8 of pregnancy due to my diabetes, you see.Your hemoglobin is fantastic, they always emphasize that while it is below 6 there is no problem derived from diabetes.You and I are more or less at the same time, I right now from 21+2 and while still noticing the kicks quite quiet.

@Melina you don't know how much I am glad you reassure you what we put here in the forum because you help me a lot and I wantSingle responsibility that I have (apart from work and my dog ​​that comes great to give walks) :)) I suppose that with a child at home the thing is much more complicated and has much more merit so congratulations from the heart.
You have nothing left for day 1 !!Much encouragement!

Greetings to all!

erpla's profile photo
erpla
05/21/2018 10:31 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.