{'en': 'Diabetes and pregnancy', 'es': 'Diabetes y embarazo'} Image

Diabetes and pregnancy

NoAddedSugar's profile photo   01/17/2012 11:30 a.m.

@Mariamarquez La Lantus is not abortive, what is true is that there are no controlled studies with pregnant women and with a levemir yes.That is why here in the US, the Lantus is considered by the FDA as a category medication and the Levemir as category B.
Anyway, as the Lantus has been in the market for so long and many women have taken their pregnancy with it without problems, most hospitals do not change insulin for pregnancy if you are well controlled with Lantus.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
02/12/2016 7:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@inday they did to me and repent ... Let's go after abortion if they changed it to me and ready and well now I have the bomb and great.

mariamarquez's profile photo
mariamarquez
02/12/2016 7:26 p.m.

And D3 the rapid???No problem?I with the bomb only use Humalog

lauriii27's profile photo
lauriii27
02/12/2016 7:27 p.m.

Dm1 desde 1993
última glico 5,5
bomba insulina desde enero 2015

@lauriii27 Humalog and Novorapid are both category B. But we go with the Lantus there is no problem, there are no official studies but at this point it is more than proven, of course in my hospital they carry a lot of pregnancies with her.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
02/12/2016 7:31 p.m.

Ok, but let's have no problem because I don't use slowly,

lauriii27
02/12/2016 7:35 p.m.

Dm1 desde 1993
última glico 5,5

@lauriii27 just like me.What will I ask to let's voi to the beach this summer.But x soon I keep the bomb.I am super very happy since I have not signed 6 or 7 daily punctures :)

mariamarquez
02/12/2016 7:45 p.m.

Mariamarquez I had the whole summer in the pool and on the beach, once used toI never take it off!I am super delighted, thanks to her I have a great pregnancy and a 4.9 hemoglobin!And that took me to convince me years to put me, but we are going to total!

lauriii27
02/12/2016 7:51 p.m.

Dm1 desde 1993
última glico 5,5

@lauriii27 Ay yes ????What was the most behind was the beach or the pool.And the heat that happens to insulin.I'm scared of it.What did you put 2 bowling to be 2 hours without it?

mariamarquez
02/12/2016 7:53 p.m.

Well, look at summer with 40 degrees there I stated in the pool toodas afternoons, the only thing tries to put yourself in the sun if you like it and how the catheter is long the pump in the nearest shadow, the bolos is calculated thus you look at the amount that the amount that the amount that the amount that the amountThe basal is going to pass those 2 hours for example: from 5 to 7 in the afternoon the bomb passes you 0.600 every hour, as are 2 hours from 5 to 7 that are you going to take it away because it would be 1.2 ok?What do you sew the pump you get a 1.2 manual bolus and take it off, you put it in the backpack in the shadow or in a fresh bag but that does not get wet, and ready at 2 hours you put it on and regret,I normally looked at my finger before putting the bolus because if you have low and you get or bolus, so if you are normal bolus forward, you are low because you get a little less than 1.2 or put on the bolus and eat yourselfsomething, what sermon haha, did you clarify???

lauriii27
02/12/2016 8:01 p.m.

Dm1 desde 1993
última glico 5,5

@lauriii27 Yes Perfect!Thank you.Let's see what such
I hope Valla Guay

mariamarquez
02/12/2016 8:06 p.m.

@Gha If you have a low beast after dinner, you will be quickly left over at that time, because what time do you wear the lantus and what time do you dinner?That if you climb the lantus the same low you all day

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
02/12/2016 11:45 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Hello good!I've been a little absent this weekend ... HEHE How are you going?

@Gemater, I am taking away from dinner and I make hiccar after dinner but every day, what happens is that the super fast tracing and then spend the whole night around 170 ... (and if I wear fast hicc asThe morning ...) Ceno at 9:30 p.m.

By the way, I have returned to the Lantus to 16 because with 14 it was too high at two-three hours of meals and it seems that with 16 and less quickly better :)

gha's profile photo
gha
02/15/2016 4:20 p.m.

Dm1 desde 1996
Última Hemo: 5.9
Tratamiento: Humalog y Toujeo

Hi @Gha !!I'm glad you go better.

I am a little disconnected lately.I have started to do yoga for pregnant women who give my midwife in the health center and very well.

The quite controlled glycemia ... although one day it gives me a little high value (as always at breakfast), but I take a good walk as you advised here and ready.

And already 17 weekly :) waiting on March 8 for ultrasound with tremendous desire !!Let's see if I already know if it's baby or baby hehehe

pikelinda's profile photo
pikelinda
02/15/2016 8:19 p.m.

Diagnosticada en 2015 tipo 2/Mody??
Controlada con dieta y ejercicio
Ultima hemo: 5.5

@Gha is clear that the slow one should not be, because after almost a day I do not think it influences that you have hypos after dinner.Well, let's see if you just reached the perfect point quickly and take off your hypos, because the rebounds that give me later are the worst of controlling.

I continue with my files X, with the same guideline, same time, same breakfast every day ... one day hip, another hyper and another will end up dancing fandangos haha ​​... ainssss !!We will continue to see what happens, the last option is

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
02/15/2016 9:22 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

I come from the educator and what I said (that I already thought about it) that during the afternoon I am correcting myself too quickly and surely so I do hypo after dinner because I join a little bit that I have left in the afternoon with the one ofThe night ... let's see if this readjusting this at all :) I am animated, she tells me that I have almost perfect controls and that according to the calculations I have to have a hemoglobin of 6.2 or less... I don't know, I don't want to become illusions until I see it but on the 22nd I will leave doubts!

How are you going?

Kisses!

gha's profile photo
gha
02/16/2016 1:56 p.m.

Dm1 desde 1996
Última Hemo: 5.9
Tratamiento: Humalog y Toujeo

Hello !!Well, and I went to the endocrine 5.5 of hemoglobin today, the 90% perfect controls, so we have almost no modified the pump since I am doing it today and I have seen that I modify it perfectly me, the month qI come back to prepare a plan for childbirth, to do with a pump in each phase of the delivery (basal, stop d the pump, bolos d rescue, blood glucose every 2 hours, lower everything from the pump 50% afterchildbirth ... etc.Everything with the bomb that they do not take it away from me at all that I know what you have to do.On the other hand, the fear is already entering that there is little left for the baby to come out, and I am stressed a lot, also before yesterday I felt like small palpitations very down as well as in almost the bladder or below, I think that those contractions are those contractions qThey say there is in the third quarter but that they are not painful or childbirth.Today I went to look at a sunset and I found one of the electrical olmites brand for 40 euros that I thought was very good, do you know it?What a roll I put hehe: D

lauriii27
02/16/2016 5:02 p.m.

Dm1 desde 1993
última glico 5,5

Uff I have begun to look at some things now ... but come on, it has only helped me to realize how lost I am on the subject babies haha.With seeing the carts already dizzy so I'll take it calmly that I still have time.
What I was looking at, but doubted and in the end I did not buy it, it is the bands those that sell for the belly.What do you have the most advanced pregnancy have you used?Are they doing well?

And then on the other hand, I've been somewhat mosqued with glycemia for a few days.Breakfast is quite controlled already with post at the time between 135-145 without insulin.
At noon good, if as rice or pasta I put 3 fast and I have post at the time between 120-130.With the legumes as they uploaded less, I put only 2, and at the time I had 100-105.So I have been a week that if as legumes, because I do not click anything and at the time I continue to mark 105-110.I do not know if they get too little, or that they do the peak later and since I do not measure me at 2 hours, I do not find out.
The case that many times to food and dinner with 70. But without symptoms of anything.The endocrine told me on the last visit that 70 was not low, so I am not paying attention to him.What I do is that if I have a long hour left to eat or dinner and I get hungry, peck something, and there I arrived with 85-90.
And then there are the dinners ... that there I do not wear insulin or anything.But it makes me weird, because I have quite ceno (today for example, mushrooms, a veal hamburger, a piece of cheese and a piece of bread) and at the difficult time that passes the 100. And of course, like Ceno about 21 andI go to 1, I take the glass of milk every night before going to bed.
My muskeo comes because a few weeks ago, both pre and posts were higher.Now I am in 17 weeks, and I understood that as pregnancy progresses, glycemia increases and insulin needs as well.But it seems that it is going upside down.

What a roll that I have released I also haha ​​but to any change I see in the glycemia, I start to eat my head.Even if everything is said, I feel very good these last weeks.Let's see if you are more placed.

Kisses to all girls!

pikelinda
02/17/2016 11:22 p.m.

I glycemia, the first weeks I got a lot, the second month began the descents, and now you know I put the double or more insulin than at the beginning because I have a lot of resistance, I already have everything I lack 4 things I tomorrow tomorrowI fulfill 30 weeks, what fear is entering me, you do not get an idea ..... the tapes no idea, what are they exactly?

lauriii27
02/17/2016 11:29 p.m.

Dm1 desde 1993
última glico 5,5

Well, they are like girdles that you get at the bottom of the belly, as if to hold when it starts to weigh.
The fear is logical, I still see it far, as I don't think about it, but I am a shit for those things (with forgiveness) and on top if we are first even more, that you do not even know what you are going to.But as they usually say, if all can also thus encourage;)
In a few months I will remember this haha ​​we will see how I am

pikelinda
02/17/2016 11:44 p.m.

Hello girls.
I had heard the ribbons but I didn't use them.He created that it is for breasts that have already had several babies and have a slightly weak pelvic floor.
Do you do kegel exercises?I always forget me, hehehej
I also have almost everything ready, although the car sends it to me in March.
I don't think much in childbirth because you have to pass it, so I even think about it so as not to scare myself.
If the postparto overwhelms me, will the baby be normal?Or are they taken to test?I am afraid of something that I read that it can have hypoglycemia as soon as you are born, do you know any of this?
With metformin and insulin dose climb I am better, removing that the other day after the Pisci he gave me a hypoglycemia of 38 (the truth was traced very well) I put a juice and a piece of kit-kat andNew and today I have drove pineapple crazy and I have arrived with 151 to dinner, but well with the correction I am perfect now.
A kiss girls !!

Marga_rita's profile photo
Marga_rita
02/18/2016 12:33 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.