{'en': 'Diabetes and pregnancy', 'es': 'Diabetes y embarazo'} Image

Diabetes and pregnancy

NoAddedSugar's profile photo   01/17/2012 11:30 a.m.

Hi Inday and Marga_rita thanks for answering how are you?If the one they gave me is the Indult Flexpen NPH and I put it on me three times a day.As I want to get pregnant he gave me this insulin and told me that in pregnancy he will continue with her and correct me with a novorapid. But I see that many use the insulin pump. What is such?Is it better than injections?

Karen's profile photo
Karen
12/15/2015 7:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What better!!!Apart from the quality of life, for pregnancy much better control

lauriii27's profile photo
lauriii27
12/15/2015 7:31 p.m.

Dm1 desde 1993
última glico 5,5
bomba insulina desde enero 2015

@Karen I certainly cannot be happier with the bomb, in my opinion it is the best for pregnancy.

@lauriii27 congratulations on echo and for the child!And the resistance if it should be normal, I already warned my gyne that the dose of insulin would have been uploading a long time ago.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
12/15/2015 7:35 p.m.

By the way @lauriii27 have you told you anything for the hemo?The last one came out 4.7 and told me the high -risk gynecology that although it was within the normal range, it was worried that a fair pelin was.Do you have many hypos?With the Dexcom they saucepan you quite fast but about 3 or 4 a week of 50 and so many fall fixed.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
12/15/2015 7:51 p.m.

The endocrine does not tell me anything, that I am very good, I also have some days of 50 and something, at high risk I go on Thursday with the report of the endocrine and the ultrasound see what they tell me

lauriii27
12/15/2015 7:57 p.m.

Dm1 desde 1993
última glico 5,5

Don't see what we have!Well, I can have at least 2 but without rebounds, which makes you walk a little and give me again.

They have already notified me to be able to buy free freestyle, would it be convenient to put it on now or get more out of time now in pregnancy?I don't know what to do, whether to buy it or not.

As for pregnancy ... tomorrow I do 12 weeks and on Thursday I go to ultrasound.How many ultrasound do you make you for being high risk?It is that during the first quarter I only corresponded to me that of 12 (like all pregnant women) and I don't know if we should do more.

@lauriii27 When were they told you that I was a child?Do not see that bad, get an idea and then tell you otherwise.Two relatives of mine happened to you, first girl and then a boy, I hope I don't happen to me and on Thursday they tell me something and then the opposite.

As for insulin ... I have changed the humalog of the bomb for novorapid.And more or less I am the same as before I do not know if it will influence a lot.

Ainssss, I am a little nervous for Thursday's echo, I guess they will do triple scrining and tell me if there is risk for something or not.Although you have to be positive and think that everything is fine.But ... I die of nerves!

IreneMV's profile photo
IreneMV
12/15/2015 8:06 p.m.

DM1. Debut: 1998 / Bomba de insulina 2007 / Últ. glico.: 6,7% febrero -2018 / Sin complicaciones.

Irenemv Lo echoes is fine the 12 and the one that they do now, then the d the 20 like all, they told me in the echo of the 16I could pass haha ​​and to the past of course, I continue with the humalog in the bombAnd yet I have, you see how hemoglobin will lower you with the hypos, and I was also very nervous today because the echo of 20 is essential to see defects, and everything went well

lauriii27
12/15/2015 8:14 p.m.

Dm1 desde 1993
última glico 5,5

Excellent!Glad to hear it.I will be like you, more calm, because now ...

I will tell you on Thursday how ultrasound has gone.;)

IreneMV's profile photo
IreneMV
12/15/2015 8:17 p.m.

DM1. Debut: 1998 / Bomba de insulina 2007 / Últ. glico.: 6,7% febrero -2018 / Sin complicaciones.

@Irenemv If you can afford it if I advise you to buy you free, to me the Dexcom is helping me a lot to see the trends and especially to correct before and therefore to be less high time.In addition, you save some control that I don't know but I have machacaditos fingers ...
Do not worry about the echo, surely everything is going well, yes, I think it will be soon to be told sex, I think they told me in week 15 or so.

I also use novorapid in the pump, at the action profile level it must be very similar to humalog but I have read that novorapid is better for bomb because less bubbles are formed and the temperature changes better endure, I don't know if it will be if it will beor not.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
12/15/2015 8:48 p.m.

Hello everyone!I just introduced myself to the forum, and they advised me this thread.And well, I have a lot to read, but I also present myself here.I will copy the text with which I introduced myself, and well, I hope the thing is on track and they will give me answers

Hello everyone.I've been registered for months but I never dared to write.

I am 34 years old and in April I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in a casual urine analysis, where urine glucose appeared.I had or have an important overweight, so the head doctor guided me diet and exercise.Since then I have lost 15 kilos and with that my glucose levels, without medication or anything else were normalized.Right now 70 kg weight, with a height of 1.57.I know I'm still far from my weight.

Maintained fasting glucose levels between 90-100, and postpandracial at 150-170.

The fact is that I am now 8 weeks old.Not planned, or expected, because in theory when having polycystic ovaries I was going to have trouble staying in a state, and it was not.On Monday I went to the midwife, and obviously I told him the issue of sugar, since I know that pregnancy greatly influences the levels as well.He directly referred to the endocrine, but .... He also asked me to analyze the first quarter, the or Sullivan curve.

This morning I made the famous curve.They measured the fasting glucose, and it was 147 mg/dl, already quite high.Still I had to take the syrup with 50 gr.of glucose, to get the peak at the time.Needless to say, I sat like a shot, and that I have to have had significant hyperglycemia.I do not understand, if I am already diagnosed before, because I have to go through that test.

The normal values ​​in that test must be less than 140 when it has taken the syrup, and I without taking it.So well, I have arrived quite pissed off and convinced that I am not going to make me more curves, already having a diagnosis.

I know that during pregnancy oral antidiabetics cannot be taken and that it is quite likely that the endocrine paute me insulin and daily controls of glycemia.I have assumed it, and I have no problem with that.

I have a thousand doubts, that my midwife does not know how to answer, it only tells me that the endocrine.I do not know if my levels were altered again due to pregnancy, if it has been appropriate to submit to that curve (with the consequent hyperglycemia ...).

My diet continues to be the same, a normal diabetic diet, eating everything but watching the amount of daily carbohydrates, and no sugars or rulings and things like that.

And well, this is my case.I think I'm writing more than relief and because I feel quite lost and worried.

I also have to say that I have been terrible anxiety for this subject for several days, and today I got so nervous to the analytics that I was until trembling.I have heard many times that stress or anxiety influence glycemia, so I don't know what to think.

And I don't roll up anymore.I will tell how all this continues, and any response will be very appreciated.

Greetings for everyone

pikelinda's profile photo
pikelinda
12/16/2015 12:35 p.m.

Diagnosticada en 2015 tipo 2/Mody??
Controlada con dieta y ejercicio
Ultima hemo: 5.5

Hi @pikelinda !!Congratulations on your pregnancy !!
If it is rare that you have made the curve previously diagnosed, I imagine that they will have some reason for weight.
But well, the first thing you have to be calm that is the main thing for the baby, your values ​​from before conception were quite good for what the baby is surely great.
Metformin is already accepted in pregnancy because it has been seen that it does not harm the fetus, but good maybe if your values ​​increase if you have to click, calm that you get used to it and hardly hurts.
I also got pregnant without looking for it and my diabetes was very uncontrolled, at the beginning of pregnancy they put everything very bad and they told me that it was very possible that I had an abortion or the baby with malformations (and I was much worse than you)Good luck and with the help of the Diabetes and Pregnancy Unit and resume the Diabetes, I am already 22 weeks and everything is great.Until the 20th week I have been very distressed for everything and it is now when I start enjoying a little pregnancy because I know that everything is in order.
Take care of yourself and quaver that you are carrying it, you have many possibilities that everything goes very well.
A kiss!!

Marga_rita's profile photo
Marga_rita
12/16/2015 1:55 p.m.

By the way I have been in the doctor today and very well, in the end neither metformin nor pump for momentum xq it seems that I am controlling the posts again.
Above have congratulated me for my hemo, who has dropped to 5.3 !!
Now to enjoy the parties without excesses, hehehe.

Marga_rita
12/16/2015 1:57 p.m.

Hi @marga_rita congratulations to you too!
I know you have to be calm, but there are a while that costs.I got so angry having to make the curve this morning .... But hey, I look at the positive side, and I think that at least, they will derive me to the endocrine, high -risk unit and whatever, and I will be well controlled.The sooner begins with treatment and others, the better than better.
I didn't know that metformin could already be taken in pregnancy.But also, if they indicated insulin, it does not suppose any trauma having to click and so on.
On the 23rd I have to return to the midwife to collect my "disastrous" results and from there I hope to go to the endocrine.They also put everything fatal to me, as you tell me, abortion, malformations ... and of course of 8 weekly and without any echo made because the seven evils enter you.I also have little symptoms and I still have my head more .... nothing of nausea or vomiting, although other things if.
So good, while everything is happening, my plan is to make the diet that gave me the midwife to Rajataba, controlling amounts and others.And breathe deep to control the nerves and avoid negative thoughts.
This thread is a luxury, really.
Kisses!!

pikelinda
12/16/2015 4:21 p.m.

Welcome @pikelinda and congratulations on pregnancy!I think that being type2 of before you should not have made the curve, but as you say, the important thing is that they derive you before the endocrine and high risk and you will be more controlled.If oral antidiabetics can be taken in pregnancy, in fact in my hospital they do not recipe insulin unless it is absolutely necessary (in case of type2 and clear gestational diabetes) because many patients insulin generates a lot of rejection.Anyway, as you say nothing happens if you have to put insulin, the important thing is that you are well controlled by you and your baby.
Because of the malformations do not overwhelm, of course it is better to have a good hem before becoming pregnant, but even though there are not many more the chances that everything goes well that something is going wrong.Try to enjoy your pregnancy and from now on to take care of yourself!By the way, you are taking folk acid, right?

Inday's profile photo
Inday
12/16/2015 7:06 p.m.

Welcome @pikelinda, I then echo the 20 weeks of yesterday I am infinitely quieter!Above with the hemo d 4.6 look, you take away a mega weight D on how much you pass this ultrasound, tomorrow I am going to a high risk to me and such, tomorrow they are angry at the song

lauriii27
12/16/2015 7:14 p.m.

Dm1 desde 1993
última glico 5,5

Congratulations for that hemo @marga_rita, this fantastics :-)

Inday's profile photo
Inday
12/16/2015 7:18 p.m.

Hi @indoy thank you very much for your message.I think it is important now that I keep positive.And both your messages and what I am reading in this thread is helping me a lot.
Yes, I am taking folic acid since I saw the positive.Well, Natalben supra, the typical multivitamin for pregnant women.And taking great care of what, of course.
The truth is that it is great news that oral antidiabetics can be taken in pregnancy.Although I already tell you, what the endocrine tells me when it visits me will seem good to me, whether they are pills and it is insulin.The important thing I think is to achieve good levels, the method does not care so much.
So to wait for the corresponding visits, but with encouragement.I don't know very well how the high -risk theme works, but well because I read here I have it clearer.

Thank you @lauriii27 and congratulations also for all those good news.Let's see if with the weeks I can give them too !!

pikelinda
12/16/2015 7:52 p.m.

Thanks @inday !!And @lauriii27 congratulations for that child.
Getting in this forum has been a great success, you are all a sun.

Marga_rita
12/16/2015 8:47 p.m.

Anyone cholesterol was up being pregnant with a coup ??And anemia how ami?But a different anemia that is not due to Iron

lauriii27
12/16/2015 9:02 p.m.

Dm1 desde 1993
última glico 5,5

@lauriii27 The cholesterol is completely normal, do not worry, in fact most ginecologs do not recommend cholesterol tests during pregnancy.
Anemia is also common although I had heard it was treated with iron ...

Inday's profile photo
Inday
12/17/2015 12:46 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.