{'en': 'Diabetes and pregnancy', 'es': 'Diabetes y embarazo'} Image

Diabetes and pregnancy

NoAddedSugar's profile photo   01/17/2012 11:30 a.m.

Hello, I am a 13 -week pregnant girl, the fasting glucose I have in 88 (I have never had it high) but in the curve of 50 it gives me 157 when the limit is 140, I have made glycosada hemoglobin and I have it to the6%, they have told me that it is probably diabetic when for these references I think it is a pre-diabetes since I have no family history or symptoms and fasting I always have the perfect glucose.Can you under your experience that you think?

Sayuri's profile photo
Sayuri
10/12/2014 6:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hemoglobin is a little high, it will be gestational diabetes, but it seems mild and you will control it with regime.
What I miss me is that you have done the glucose curve if fasting values ​​are normal

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/12/2014 9 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Man .... The sugar cave is made to all pregnant.

I think that with that hemoglobin it will touch you to put yourself inulin.
There is no presiabetes .... You will have gestational diabetes and it is fine that they have detected as soon, because the insulin needs go up.

tica's profile photo
tica
10/13/2014 5:35 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

@Maria, I already tell you that the other day I delete the message I had written by answering you.

The delivery date is calculated by adding 40 weeks to the first day of your last rule.It is an estimated date and only 5% of babies are born that day

I tell you what I know and how it was in the first birth ...
In my hospital they induce delivery in 38, if everything is going well, if it is very great, they can advance it before.Simply to diabetics do not miss those weeks because of the "risk" that the fetus can run.I put it in quotes, because it is true that as diabetic patients during all pregnancy there is a greater risk that something goes wrong ... an induction is not nonsense ... at least they sold it to me as I did not have anyRisk, and the more I want less to have to induce delivery ... I leave you a link to think ... Link
Induction to childbirth is simply to give synthetic way the hormones that trigger childbirth.One of the problems is that more and more agree than who triggers childbirth is the baby and not the mother.So many times induction does not work and ends in caesarean section.70% of the induced prostates of first -time fail and ends in caesarean section ... I think that in this thread, if you read the failure rate it is still greater.
As in our case, in week 38 we usually very green, the first thing they do is put prostaglandins, usually vaginally.This what he does is soften and start in labor.To cause delivery contractions, oxytocin is necessary.Normally an induction lasts about 48 hours and I don't keep telling you the end of the movie.Just tell you, that there are in my case the prostaglandins were enough and in 6 hours I had it in my arms ... but it is not normal and I would not recommend it to anyone ...

Then I tell you about the Hypoglycemia of the newborn

tica's profile photo
tica
10/13/2014 5:50 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Frustration ... that's the word.

I have been in which the glucose is going more, logical because I am on week 18. The bad thing is that I do not reach two days that it is going up, since yesterday afternoon 200 and enough, I managed to lower it at 3in the morning and then Puuuummmm, again 200 and peak until eating.

I changed the doses yesterday afternoon, so if I changed it again, the endocrine was going to tell me that you can't, that it has to be every three days ... and on top of the bomb I had the insulin activates fourHours, so today after breakfast, for example, with 249, I did not leave the bomb correct because I had a lot of insulin.

I have gone to the endocrine today because I could not continue like this, but it has changed only a stretch of insulin, and on top of that it is obsessed with saying that it must be corrected 3 hours before to take effect at the time, when I have proven that, for theLess in my case, at that same time it changes me.

And without understanding very well why, he told me that I have to start taking metformin to have more insulin sensitivity.At that time I have not analyzed it much, but now I am still thinking about it.Insulin resistance? Well, a little, but I keep putting 5 units less than before becoming pregnant, and also, isn't that in pregnancy ???I don't understand: ((, I don't know what to do with this because I don't understand the benefits I am going to have with her.

Total, I'm still with the hyper and a new pill.

I feel the girl's roll !!!greetings ;)

Aryi's profile photo
Aryi
10/13/2014 5:46 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Bomba insulina Medtronic

But I am confused, metformin is not accepted during pregnancy.Those who have type 2 have to go to insulin .... now I don't remember, where are you from?Insulin and period, before pregnancy I put about 30, now there are days that step of 150, but it is totally normal, the more the pregnancy progresses is the resistance to insulin ... but that is so and point!Hence, people have gestational diabetes ... change endocrine ...
They told me that nothing to wait 3 days, that in fact if one day in the morning I was beginning to be high, that in the afternoon I began to rise basal ..... I think the advice of some endocrine ....

tica's profile photo
tica
10/13/2014 7:25 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Thanks Tica.

I am from Madrid.They see me in the Hospital Diabetes and Pregnancy Unit, but there is only one team ...

He explained that in the prospect he is not indicated for pregnant women because he is 10 years old, but that there are no risks.Because of the little I have read on the Internet, it seems to be like that.They use it in type 2 in pregnancies.The issue is whether it is necessary because as you well say, for what I have read in the thread, it is completely normal to have insulin resistance and I have not seen that any have sent that.

I changed hospital a couple of years ago for pregnancy.Since I debuted they took me in another and fatal.I didn't agree on anything he told me.He was the typical one who 20 years ago was a reference in diabetes in Spain, but based his career on writing on the subject instead of treating patients ... since I was a child every time I went to his consultation made me cry ...

Because we are already older to start medicine, than if we did not mount a clinic in a moment, huh ??

Aryi's profile photo
Aryi
10/13/2014 7:44 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Bomba insulina Medtronic

What hospital is it?It is that I am also from Madrid, to know where the shots go ...
I really, I think the treatment and treatments would be different if the endocrine were diabetic, I think we would save a few suffocons when we are going to consult, I go with fear because I do not know where the anger has come to me and thathaving burn control, when I'm wrong I don't even want to go

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/13/2014 8:15 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Thanks Tica.The truth is that I am freaking out in colors.It took for granted that babies do not usually be born for the date they tell you, nor those of diabetics or those who are not, but from there to schedule a date and everything that entails, it seems incredible.Well, I don't say anything but to give it more excitement, in my case, my husband measures 1.98 !!Hahahaha ... it's going to get raised already!
I have already managed to control it but I have been a few days like Aryi, in 200 and that did not go down.I have been adjusting the basal and I have not waited 3 days to observe but from one day to another.
Greetings to all

María's profile photo
María
10/13/2014 8:50 p.m.

Between one and the other a fearis is entering me, now that I was clear to go for the baby but I appreciate that you really tell things because they don't tell you anything and others contracted everything, they put it so bad that you close you totry

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/14/2014 6:58 a.m.

Hehe, go picture with us ...

Gala, don't worry that there are also very beautiful things.Look, there is no evil that for good does not come.Before yesterday, having 276, the baby pushed me and it was the first time we noticed my partner and I, at the same time.I should have a party that I don't tell you ...
They take me in the Gregorio Marañón, before in La Paz.Even so, the endocrine that normally takes me (not that of pregnancy) likes it a lot, listens to you and lets you do, just like educators, they are very aware and help you a lot.The one I have now is very nice but it does not help me in my doubts and that is why I have not just been well, although the man tries, he lies.In peace, neither one another.

Tonight I had acetone, as if that were not enough, but it has been removed quickly.I count how I have done it in case it is interested (hopefully it is not necessary).I have corrected myself with insulin (put a little more than normal), I have drunk a liter of water from the pull and have eaten two María type cookies and a glass of milk (they say it is important to eat quick absorption hydrates, betterIf they are citrus, like a natural orange juice, but I didn't have) putting the insulin that corresponds to food too.At the time I have done the controls again and there was hardly acetone although it remained a little and I have correct again.At the following time and glucose and without acetone.

I have spoken with the educator and she told me that sometimes they send the metformin with people who use a bomb, who helps them in control and that nothing happened to take it, and as I trust her, because I have started itTo take, I will tell you if I notice any difference.

I have decided that I am not going to wait 3 days to correct myself, if it tells me something to tell me, but the important thing is to be my best!

Greetings to all and I feel the paragraph again: D

Aryi's profile photo
Aryi
10/14/2014 8:34 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Bomba insulina Medtronic

Hello in Kunanto schedule of childbirth, I kerian program for the 37-38 (almenos I managed to extend to 39) everything was well and the weight of the bb tmb.I do not understand these stupid protocols if everything goes well.Hospital protocol decian ...

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
10/14/2014 9:44 a.m.

Good morning girls, I am Rocio and I am a diabetics for 15 years.I think I am pregnant but I still do not recommend the predictor for false positive because I am very little.I wanted to know if I am already harming the future baby with my ups and downs.I am very uncontrolled and I have 3 days with antibiotics for a dental infection.I tell the doctor who could be in a state and send me amoxicillin 1000 Clavulanico 62 2 tablets every 12 hours.But today I have a fatal day, I have only had breakfast and an apple had breakfast and do not fall from 300.I have 2 Novorrapid and at two hours 309 as it can be..... I have put 3 more.Will it be of the infection ??Thank you

RocioAyla's profile photo
RocioAyla
10/16/2014 9:03 a.m.

False positives there is no ... can a false negative get ... in what day of the cycle are you?
The antibiotics that have prescribed you are compatible with pregnancy.For the glycemia ... it depends a little on how much you are if it is very little it will not affect ... it is little more than a cell, if you are already 5 weeks, the theme is different ... even so, it is verycomplicated to stay at first, so until you do not see the positive, do not give him many laps ... try to control those glycemia, even if only for you.It rises basal or fast, it is likely because of the infection.

tica's profile photo
tica
10/16/2014 9:28 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Hi, Rocío.I also worried a lot when I saw that I was pregnant because my controls were not very good ... I'm still trying to solve it.If you also have an infection and you are taking antibiotics, it must be crazy.To me infections put the sugar through the clouds, so possibly that's why you are more uncontrolled.I would try to change the basal and the fast while the infection lasts ...
Luck!

ElisaRueda's profile photo
ElisaRueda
10/16/2014 10:26 a.m.

DM1 2006
Novorapid 14-5-3 (+correcciones)
Lantus 8 - 3
Última hemo: 5.1

Hi Elisarueda, I see that your case is very similar to mine, we even have the same hemo (6.7) right now how should your controls?I am seeing my endocrine once a month and my educator sees me every two weeks, and they modify me, they go up and go down, but they tell me that I do not touch me, I only see the trends that I have and do notThey can help.The truth is that there are days (very specific) that seem round because I have neither hypos nor hyper considerable, but in general, every day I have a minimum one or two hyper of 200, although I barely have hypos, but I still distress myselfMuch because I am doing your homework well but I can't control it as well as I see that you do it here.What do your doctors tell you about your hem?Do you think you are going down ??I recommend something because I am something desperate and I do not want my levels or my anxiety to affect my baby.I am 13 weeks and although some doctors tell me that my hemo is not at all evil (I say some because my gine told me that it was not very good) I do not stay calm, I would like to lower it more but I really do not know that I no longer know thatdo.By the way, my hyper always is usually at the same hours and in inexplicable ways every day, since all days as the same and sometimes 2 hours later and others is by the clouds.That happens to you?Help me please !!:(

Aruky's profile photo
Aruky
10/17/2014 6:57 a.m.

DM1 2008
Fiasp 13-9-3-7
Toujeo 14 (23:30)
Ultima Hemo: 6.6 (29/01/20)
Freestyle Libre desde 06/2019

I do not know if my endocrine is the weird or they are yours because it always tells me that I am the one that I have to handle my guidelines and know if I have to upload the units either fast or slow.That I have to be autonomous and know how to solve these situations ...
In fact, the anger throws me when I go with the controls and for example you see that in a week I have had several hypos more or less at the same time and I have not corrected down or the opposite, I upload if I am high.And correcting the tells me that if if I get a 300 I will not be there waiting for the Lord to get off alone, yes, that I am watching me then and to the next meal I know that Insulinas I have beenPut.
I many times go pissed off by Jolin, if it were so easy it would not come here, that the doctor is you ...
Eruky, I think that the inexpensive climbs is pada to all, be in 90, go at half an hour and take 250 and say this ?????Calm down that anxiety also influences those inexplicable increases, stress is the "corticosteroid" of the body and it triggers sugar ...
I always try to correct ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/17/2014 7:48 a.m.

Gala, the same thing happens to me.It always tells me that I have to do the corrections, and I think it has to be so ... come on you will not be a high month for you to change guidelines ... I think it's absurd.

This summer has touched me twice an endocrine that replaced mine, and it was one of those who wanted to control everything, and look for an explanation to each blood glucose, and in the end I get pissed off and everything.More or less the same thing told me, that if I did the changes she could not see what happened and said, something like that much better to be 3 weeks for you to understand how my body works, right?And the educator was there, she told her is that here we worked by leaving the patient making decisions.I would go from the advice and act on my own.Think that all the problems that your baby can have, they will affect you and your child, not your endocrine ... In this pregnancy I have had some hypoglycemia more than in the previous one ... in the other I had three hyper forAbove 200 and still, 3700 was born.of your son .....

tica's profile photo
tica
10/17/2014 8:03 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Well, precisely on Tuesday I planted in the endocrine consultation without appointment or anything to tell him that I needed help, because he was unable not having a minimum hyp and a hyper a day.I asked if I could change the slow insulin and put it in the morning instead of the night to avoid night hypos and told me yes.In my case, it is basically me who correct insulin guidelines, but also when I asked him to teach me to count rations and calculate the insulin ... he told me something that left me flipped: that he did not believe in thatIf counting the portions, which had to calculate the doses according to what I ate.Do you think it is normal?I was willing to learn to weigh the food and take everything to a rajatabla and tells me that he does not believe in the portions.He told me to come back next week to see how I carry the controls.At least it seems that it takes me seriously, before I had the impression of being one more patient of those who dispatch in five minutes, but I had to see me very overwhelmed (I really was).The previous time, I arrived with a hem of 6.8 and told me to keep all the pregnancy (I did not ask me for my levels before and after meals, it only set the average ...) and now it tells me that I havethan control more, that I can't continue with so many hypos.That a punctual hyper is not bad, but hypoglycemia are dangerous.Well, at least I have the feeling that they finally pay attention to me.I am doing homework and it seems to me that sugar goes something better, although not perfect.And one curious thing: the other day after breakfast I was at 184. I went up and down stairs at work and a time later I was 135. So I know what to do when I have sugar a little high after ameal.And I save a puncture!

Aruky, I hope I could advise you something, but as you say, I am the same as you ... with the difference that my endocrine does not impose anything.It is me the one I am changing as I see myself ... Good luck.Let's see if we get these we have!

ElisaRueda's profile photo
ElisaRueda
10/17/2014 8:36 a.m.

DM1 2006
Novorapid 14-5-3 (+correcciones)
Lantus 8 - 3
Última hemo: 5.1

It does not seem a bad idea, but they let you change guidelines, because when you are high you go to the endocrine and if I do not care a complaint to patient care ... Fuck, it is not a dyer to diabetes and a pregnancy ...

And what does not believe in the diet by rations .... It is a traca ... but well, I suppose how in everything there are good people and another not so much ...

tica's profile photo
tica
10/17/2014 9:34 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.