{'en': 'My reflections on diabetes and whatever', 'es': 'Mis reflexiones sobre la diabetes y lo que le rodea'} Image

My reflections on diabetes and whatever

HanSolo's profile photo   06/07/2013 6:59 a.m.

Well, the same 30 years but about 40-45 behind, it is true that they had to go to click.My mother told me when I was single and worked as a nurse assistant, she says there was a man who was going with his bike to puncture every day.The same was more in the villages that had not arrived other needles, but I believe that many progress have been created in our field, and that we can be so independent and make an almost normal life is thanks to these inventions, and I amConvinced that we will see more, but that many tests have to do, I just want to be a guinea pig if I decide.

valky's profile photo
valky
02/08/2014 1:28 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

I have had diabetes for 26 years and in that year or the previous one had appeared "modern" insulins and fine needles injections.I did not cover social security and each cost 25 pesetas and took advantage of them several days ... and the fine needles ... I found a syringe of those and scared ...

tica's profile photo
tica
02/08/2014 2:24 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

In our blog today: diabetes and stress;undesirable and unpredictable combination ...
Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/13/2014 4:20 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Hello, I would also like to be a bastard, of those bad ones who do not feel or bleed when they are prick ... or simply be that kind of person who expresses their feelings, crying for example ..... II keep very inside and tapo with a smile but you have not been able to say lighter ..... my diabetes feels with me and if I suffer, she also suffers ...... And if I laughed laughs with me ...... Congratulations on those words that have made me feel so good and clarify many things.
I plan to read your blog little by little, I'm sure it will help me a lot.
Thank you again Gondurulo ...... You have a new admirer here ...;)

Arania's profile photo
Arania
02/14/2014 2:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thanks, Arania.I am excited that you like that blog entrance.

Today on the web we have published the official position of scientific societies before the recent news that has created confusion about the possible cure of diabetes based on surgery

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/17/2014 3:55 a.m.

Today touches me to write the Asvidia blog.And I have done it so frequent that it happens to us how would you describe something as particular as hypoglycemia?
Let's see what you think ...

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/18/2014 4:18 a.m.

Well, it has excited me a lot ... I have lived quite a lot from my father, and now I am "waiting" for my son's first, I would like to know what he will feel, as he is going to find, when he still does not know how to recognize him.He would give anything to be inside him and understand that he is happening to him, so that at least he knew that Mom is there by her side and will help him overcome him.

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
02/18/2014 7:24 a.m.

Mamá de diabético. 15-10-2013. Lucas 6 años.
Hija de diabético. 73 años y diabético desde los 20!!

Thanks, Zoiloyyo.It is true that it is difficult to know what happens through your child's head and body, especially in moments of restlessness and nerves as hypoglycemia.But at least, surely you have learned to recognize in him certain behavior patterns that will help you take action even before he realizes that he is hypoglycemic.I admire all parents of children with diabetes.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/19/2014 4:32 a.m.

Swallowing insulin in pills like an aspirin?If I do not see it, I do not believe it ... although the clinical trials are there, which means that the project is on the right track ...

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/19/2014 4:32 a.m.

Well, maybe the rapid can get to take in pills and we would only have a puncture a day.olee!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/19/2014 7:07 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Raquel with the bomb would be a queen or :-)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/19/2014 7:57 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Velia, at the moment he gives him detera, but he will arrive.Let's see if the omnipod ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/19/2014 7:59 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Today in our blog of the Vizcaína Association of Diabetes: sometimes you give insolidaria even in times of emergency ...
Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/27/2014 4:44 a.m.

Gon, for the first 2 cases there would only be to send them to take a walk for this forum ... here they are sure to find some "supportive", and it is true, at the beginning of debuting Angela, given some novel situation, I turned to the old forumurgently and I was well attended.
With respect to the police ... Anyway, how unpresentable there are anywhere ... or the same man had a bad day ... and if he was low and did not coordinate well? ... Well, what few lightsHe had the little man.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/27/2014 6:09 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

We are condemned to suffer more likely some unpleasant episode derived from our life with diabetes;Be it rejection, ignorance, denial of help, understanding in certain situations ... in short, you have to live with it and arise of patience sometimes.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/27/2014 2:59 p.m.

Today I collaborate in the Gluc Up 15 blog, writing about what we should never do with the meters: compare their results :-)

I invite you to read my post at:

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/13/2014 6:12 a.m.

Yes, Gon, I usually check a new one with the old man, but once we adopt it we no longer care.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/13/2014 9:15 p.m.

You have said it, Regina.We "adopt it", because it becomes like a child: we want it, we depend on it, we cannot separate a minute, we could not live without him ... :-)

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/14/2014 5:42 a.m.

Have you ever wondered how a glucose meter works?Today in my association's blog, do I do the "How is it done?"of a glucometer

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/01/2014 9:28 a.m.

gondullo said:
I suppose I don't contrast any forum guidelines.If so, that the administrator immediately erases the post and fulmine zeus with lightning right now :-)
I want to put the link to the blog where I usually write my reflections on diabetes.It is not that I want to sell my book, like the ill -fated threshold.I just think someone can serve as distraction or maybe it can even be reflected, or feel understood, or supported.Or why not, be useful.I usually tweet them when I write some, but the truth is that I never announce them to you, and I have thought that you are more important than the anonymous Twitter unknown to whom my announcement of a new blog comes.That is why I encourage you to read my reflections that I regularly write on the website of my Vizcaína Association of Asvidia diabetes.I leave here my last comment:

Link

And here the link where you can access all that I am writing:

Link

I will follow it carefully

A cordial greeting

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/01/2014 1:38 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.