{'en': 'My reflections on diabetes and whatever', 'es': 'Mis reflexiones sobre la diabetes y lo que le rodea'} Image

My reflections on diabetes and whatever

HanSolo's profile photo   06/07/2013 6:59 a.m.

And one last blog entry that in a rapture of lucidity (scarce in me), I just peeled: the last of the year."Change of the year and new wishes."

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
12/30/2013 5:35 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

The year begins and I already have a new blog entry: "The importance of length"

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/03/2014 4:39 a.m.

The patient's role in the disease: "I, myself and my diabetes."

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/15/2014 4:15 a.m.

In the Board of Directors of Asvidia we have an excellent musician.Fernando tells us today how his passion with his illness compatibilizes.

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/16/2014 5:15 a.m.

Already available the atlas of the IDF diabetes.Recommended to know what we are talking about and the magnitude of this problem that, far from reducing, is increasing year after year ...

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/20/2014 6:03 a.m.

Sometimes I see ghosts ...

Who does not occasionally have those figures that nobody knows why, are extraordinarily high, and that are solved alone in a short time.What will cause them?Will it be black magic?In Asvidia Marivi's blog, one of my colleagues in the maintenance of the web, tells us about it:

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/21/2014 3:18 a.m.

My entrance today on the Assvidia's blog: the illusion comes to us today live thanks to technology ...

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/23/2014 4:52 a.m.

Dario, Integrated System for Diabetes Control.Like Swiss razors, an authentic "all in one" ...
Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/27/2014 4:41 a.m.

My analysis of the Bayer Contour Next USB meter:

Link Bayer-contour-next-usb/

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/31/2014 4:43 a.m.

Gondrullo, I have sent you a private, in case you can help me with one thing ...

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
02/01/2014 4:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Roar, answered.I hope that problem.Do what I told you as the first option without hesitation.

Blog of the day in Asvidia: "What do the clouds smell?"
Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/06/2014 3:22 a.m.

The article says that 30 years ago the diabetics were going to put the insulin injection to the practitioner, once a day .., neither meters, nor schedules, nor controls.
We have improved ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/07/2014 11:53 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, I think we were better at the time when insulin had not been invented/discovered.People died but they didn't suffer or live as slaves.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
02/07/2014 12:34 p.m.

Uffff roar what negative for God, I consider myself very fortunate for having insulin and be able to live and live well, but as in everything depends on each one, some see the glass half full and others half empty.I prefer to focus and think about what I have and not what I don't have.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/07/2014 1:24 p.m.

Tomorrow I return to my being and I focus on the good of life ;-)

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
02/07/2014 4:37 p.m.

Hala Roar!No man who is better to be slaves of insulin!

On the smell of insulin it is true that it is very expensive.The other day my partner told me that in his work there was someone diabetic and who did not know who ... that sometimes in the bathroom smelled insulin, and that the office too ... I told him that he was sick :))

tica's profile photo
tica
02/07/2014 6:17 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Regina said:
says the article that 30 years ago the diabetics were going to put the insulin injection to the practitioner, once a day .., neither meters, nor schedules, nor controls.We have improved ..

That is totally false, 30 years ago it is precisely when the first blood glucose meters (1982) began to go to market, so there have been practically no more improvements in these 30 years except slow insulins (which have never never beenworked well).

Before, it was more complicated, because they had to measure sugar with strips in the urine.But a relative of mine was and also had some meal schedules and punctured himself with syringes and roads before eating.

Roar said:
Well, I think we were better at the time when insulin had not been invented/discovered.People died but they didn't suffer or live as slaves.

Sometimes I also think about it, but more than that, if it had not been discovered 100 years ago or they would never have raised this horrible and enslaving treatment.It is clear that the evolution of discoveries would have been much faster because then people would die and that would have accelerated the investigations.Surely I would have been more than overcome this disease for many years.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/07/2014 8:15 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Hi Sherpa41,

What you say does not seem good to me, if it were for that reason, cancer, AIDS and so many other diseases, they would be cured!

Think about the treatment of cancer, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, etc ... compared to insulin injection, these are traumatic and significantly affect the patient.

I understand that it affects you, but you cannot affirm something so categorically, that it is neither demonstrated, nor has it arguments !!

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
02/08/2014 3:23 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I encourage roar ......;) I am very sad to read such negative people.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/08/2014 5:24 a.m.

fer said:
What you say does not seem good to me, if it were for that reason, cancer, AIDS and so many other diseases, they would be cured! ...

I understand that it affects you, but you cannot affirm something so categorically, that it is not demonstrated, nor has it arguments !!

Cancer is a terribly complex disease, there are many types of cancer, diabetes is much simpler.In fact there are more than 400 priests in mice for type1 diabetes and only 4 or 5 have been tested in humans.You don't look much interest.

And I am not an expert, but I tell one of the best American scientists who investigates with encapsulation of Beta cells, Bob Elliot (at islet.org) and told me that he is surely right.That today everything is desperately slow compared to the time in which insulin was discovered, which a few weeks after doing so was already in pharmacies.He told me (I imagine that Ironically) that today it would be impossible to discover it.

He is quite burned and although it is the first authority in the field, he has to go to Russia, New Zealand, Argentina ... because in the EU and uses everything they are obstacles and waiting years for permits.

And I am not negative, I am combative, it is angry to see that the cure (or something similar) is already, surely discovered, and instead because of that lack of general interest, we have to continue even living in this way.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/08/2014 7:34 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.