{'en': 'New hypoglycemia today (38) without symptoms, why?', 'es': 'Nueva Hipoglucemia hoy (38) sin síntomas, ¿Porqué?'} Image

New hypoglycemia today (38) without symptoms, why?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/29/2014 2:11 p.m.

Hello Salvador.

Look, I am not an expert on the subject because it makes it very little that I debuted and with diabetes you never stop learning.But I would like to give you advice, and that is not trying to measure everything so much, this are not exact mathematics.
I read you very much that if 261g (!) Chickpeas, that if 0.82 portions, etc.It seems crazy.
Insulin does not affect all people, or at all times, or with the same food.There are a lot of factors that influence and it is impossible to want to calculate everything so much.I understand that you are so concerned about your mother, and what happens to her is very serious, but this is not life for either.The key is to test, in paying attention to the advice that gives you here, to do many controls a day to monitor it well ... that the practice does the teacher, you know.
If you have doubts with the fast, always inject less, because injecting more is very dangerous.And that if it is 130, you do not need to eat any ration because it is far from hypoglycemia.
It takes time, but you have already improved a lot and you will see how little by little you will have it controlled.

A kiss and a lot of encouragement.

Laire's profile photo
Laire
09/03/2014 8:07 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

I hang up the last measurements I think they are correct for a diabetic after almost a year of hypos daily

Thank you all for the animals, I just did the medication to my mother and and see in the 151 glycometer, I see it perfect for the whole night, free of hypoglycemia I beg to God, however, however I will get up again at 04,00 in the morning.

10 minutes ago I stop crying ........... When leaving the room I cojiAnd I blame for not having acted on my ownAccount that had excess of levemir ?????In the end I stop crying I vent and take the decision to share this excitement of happiness with you and see that with the help of my partner and with all your help I am finally getting to control my mother diabetes.

Thank you very much to everyone and thanks for reading this follow -up post where you indicate the guidelines to follow, a million thanks

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/03/2014 8:38 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Salvador, your mother can feel well proud of you.A hug.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/03/2014 8:59 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Regina I hope so

Well it's 02:07 in the morning and after searching more information and getting a calculator, after learning the 500 rule, knowing when I start acting in my mother with 12 units, for today I go to bed to rest until the08: in the morning, good night

DiabetesForo
09/03/2014 10:13 p.m.

September 4

Glucose control

Time ---- Glycemia ---- Rations ---- Levemir ---- Novorapid

00:00 ------ 150 ----------- 0 ---------- 0 ----------- 0

08:00 ------- 279 ------------ 3 ---------- 0 ------------ 5 "Missing 1vorapid "

12:00 ------ 221 ------------ 0 ---------- 0 ----------- 0

14:00 ------ 100 -----------------------------------------------3

Inject 3 units because the Levemir lowers 20 at the time, as my mother sleeps the siesta from 15 to 18h, I leave 1 ration and two cookies on top, so that it rests, because these days has been a supplication with so much test.

17; 30 ------ 162 ........................ 0 ........................ 0 ........................ 0

20:00 ------ 113 ------------ 0.5 --------- 6 --------------------------------0

21; 30 ................ 136 ---------- 2 ------------ 0 ----------- 2

At 20h it takes a cookie and a half to reach until 22.00, the Levemir lowers 20 at the time

From 17:30 the Levemir lowers 15 per hour, (it acts slower)

From 18:30 the Levemir acts very lazy

DiabetesForo
09/04/2014 9:22 a.m.

Well, he has woken up with the same figure that he accustoms.The Levemir, I think you have it, even if I have to snack something to get to dinner.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/04/2014 10:15 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

You are slow at night!He has climbed 100 at night!

tica's profile photo
tica
09/04/2014 2:37 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Salvador what you are doing is commendable but you must reassure yourself and take it little by little.
I have the feeling that you are very overwhelmed and that is nothing good.
Keep in mind that stress rises glycemia and although I don't know the level your mother carries yours, it seems to me that it is very high.
My wife says that just looking at my face when I take glycemia knows at the level I am ... and even if I don't want to stress her too.
I do not criticize you at all, be clear please, I just advise you that if you get to reassure you sure your mother also captured it and improve.
And I know that as advice it is one of those who are much easier to say than to do it

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
09/04/2014 6:47 p.m.

DM1 Lada debut 22/12/2013 con 55 años

In another order of things I am with a tica in which it rises very high.
As I tell you the dose of the night and the morning of Levemir they should be similar even if not necessarily the same, I think you should carefully increase that of the night with the aim that if you lie in 150 it lifted in 150.
As for the form of acting of slow insulins I will try to explain how it is.
Slow insulin does not "spend" according to the blood glucose level but that you inject it in an inactive form and is deposited at the injection point in addition to neutralized in such a way that a part of it is activated every hour that passes.
To explain it in a graphic way, I imagine that with insulin Lantus that lasts 24 hours you inject 24 units and activates one united every hour with what the effect is that it would be how to inject one unit every hour.
What is sucking on paper on paper is not so simple and along the curve of hours there is a time that activates the equivalent of 1.2 or 1.4 and then 0.8 or 0.6
The Levemir has a period of 17 hours but a period "standard" of about 12 telling the two that it takes to activate regime that still covers the end of the previous one that is lowering its activation with what 12+2+3 =17

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
09/04/2014 7:07 p.m.

Yes, ethics, I saw the time.Let's see if going up a lighting at night and going down one for the day, it is fixed.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/04/2014 7:20 p.m.

Hello Ernesto, I have already controlled it, house is lowered 20 units in the glucometer, which is not what would be ideal, I mean, when I know that the basal insulin is adjusted ????That is, I understand that the Levemir lowers every hour X which is how minimal it can go down ???

DiabetesForo
09/04/2014 8:09 p.m.

I upload the last scores, and the ones that I have at 4 in the morning I upload it tomorrow

DiabetesForo
09/04/2014 8:22 p.m.

@ernesto when I know that the Levemir is well adjusted ??? 'How much should the Levemir lower per hour?I understand that this insulin is scheduled to remove the blood sugar from the highest dose more is the descent at less dose less is the descent at the time, but when it is considered that it is normal in the descent ????

DiabetesForo
09/04/2014 8:31 p.m.

Salvador, would be perfectly tight if it remained flat, without lowering anything. That is the theory. In practice we approach what you can.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/04/2014 8:42 p.m.

Thank you very much Regina you have explained it perfectly.
The goal is that if it is in 150 at night it is maintained in 150 in the morning, that is to say that neither goes up or down.
But it's ideal, you can get a medal.

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
09/04/2014 8:49 p.m.

Good morning fellow, because as every day I start exposing glycemic control, if you see something wrong please let me know.Thank you

Friday, September 5

Time ---- glycemia ---- rations ----- Levemir ----- Novorapid

21; 30 ................ 136 ---------- 2 ------------ 0 ----------- 2 Dinner 4/10/14

04.00 ------- 283 ---------- 0 ----------- 0 ---------- 0

08:00 ----- 328 ------------ 2 ----------- 12 --------- 6

10:00 ----- 164 ----------- 0 ------------ 0 ---------- 0

12:00 ------ 95 ------------ 1 ----------- 0 ---------- 0

14:00 ---- 107 ------------ 3,52 ---------- 0 ----------- 2

20:00 ---- 80 ------------ 0.75 --------- 6 ---------- 0

21:30 ----- 120 ------------ 3.02 --------- 0 ----------- 2

The following measurement will be at 02:00 and 04:00

A lass 12:00 eats 1 ration, the same does not arrive well for the food of the 14.00, the Levemir continues to go down a lot

At 14: 00 as you see I have to correct with food because it continues to lower the Levemir at the time.

At 18:00 I have to increase 1 ration

At 20 I have to increase with 075 ration to reach dinner at 9:30 p.m.

DiabetesForo
09/05/2014 8:43 a.m.

You will have to control the 2 hours of dinner, see if he lacks a novorapid or setback, he has a bouncy due to hypoglycemia, from 9:30 p.m. to 4:00 a.m. or if you are missing 1 of Levemir at night

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/05/2014 9:32 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

How much should you put it at night?

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
09/05/2014 11:10 a.m.

The Levemir is injected at 8pm, I inject 6 units, of Levemir.
During two consecutive days he goes up all night over 150, at 00:00 control and is fine, there are no alterations,

From 00:00 to 04.00, the blood sugar increases in 100 units, and from 04:00 to 08:00 new control increases 45 units.Therefore the hypo discard it.

I also thought first to upload tonight to 7 units and make 2 controls at 02:00 and at 04:00 to see if there is any alteration,

Although I begin to suspect that perhaps the best correction would go through changing the schedules of the Levemir by matching the maximum effect of the Levemir between 02.00 and 06:00

That you advise me

DiabetesForo
09/05/2014 3:38 p.m.

You are missing at night, forget about the Pico de Lanta ... That peak is not going to let you download 200 units, in fact I play it that you are missing as 4 units ... but start one in one ....

tica's profile photo
tica
09/05/2014 4:46 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.