{'en': 'New hypoglycemia today (38) without symptoms, why?', 'es': 'Nueva Hipoglucemia hoy (38) sin síntomas, ¿Porqué?'} Image

New hypoglycemia today (38) without symptoms, why?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/29/2014 2:11 p.m.

The units per kg is not true, it is an approximation ... but come, nothing more .... in adolescence it is unity by kg, during pregnancy is all the one you can imagine and more ... the same in older people is less because the metabolism is lower, or simply your mother needs less ...

tica's profile photo
tica
09/02/2014 8:10 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I pass some notes on very interesting calculations ... are oriented to insulin pump, but the theme of Bolus, Ratio HC, can serve you ...

Link

tica's profile photo
tica
09/02/2014 8:13 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Salvador, maybe he was about one of Levemir for the day ..,

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/02/2014 8:19 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@ica thanks from heart

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/02/2014 8:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Regina I think yes, that tomorrow I will know, but what I am clear is that I will ask for explanations to the health servio of the community of Malaga that explain to me how they calculated 18/20 in the morning and 10 at night, awhole year of hypoglycemia more than 20 falls, 4 hospital admissions and all for hypoglycemia due to the excess of the less ......

DiabetesForo
09/02/2014 8:26 p.m.

Salvador, and in passing you tell you what you learned in the forum, because, in general, the endocrine and educators do not value what the experiences of other diabetics can help :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/02/2014 8:40 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

In Theory the Levemir must be put 50/50 or at most 60/40 in cases of very disparate needs according to the day/night
And as for the endocrine ... mine when I told him that biochemistry was not known (of course not with those words, but pointing out the incongruities of what he told me about my diabetes) he literally told me to stop reading andto study

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
09/02/2014 8:52 p.m.

DM1 Lada debut 22/12/2013 con 55 años

Ernesto, because it is precisely what you have to do, read and study.To me the endo that I liked the most was the one who told us that we had to study it and us.That only the good ones say;)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/02/2014 8:57 p.m.

Good morning foros.

As you will remember yesterday, the Levemir insulin unit of the afternoon, goes from 6 to 5 units at 8:00 p.m.It covers 12 hours or that with the hypoglycemia yesterday with a result 40 at 4 pm due to that hypoglycemia consumed 3 rations of sugar.
The body absorb the sugar rations that he needed to recover and the rest was disposed of the blood.

It could be that theory too.A rebound effect of another night hypoglycemia
(But I doubt)

One of those two are,

The results of moments are:

08:00 ---- 348 with those figures for two servings and injected Novorapid 6

10:00 ---- 243 I think the less with 5 units does not cover the 12 hours

DiabetesForo
09/03/2014 7:22 a.m.

Why don't you count at 4 in the morning?Thus you go out of doubt

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/03/2014 7:44 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Savior,

Every time I enter this issue, I keep the same feeling: although you read what they tell you, you follow yours, looking for a preconceived result based on mathematical formulations taken from I don't know where, for the ultimate goal of fallingThe whole weight of the law on endocrine that, of course, knows much less than you.

Unfortunately, and a square head engine as me tells you, diabetes has nothing to do with mathematics.Still this formula: 2+2 = 4+D, where D is "depends" and its value can range from -10 to+10, one day to the next one doing exactly the same.

That said and for the experience of what has been learned and lived, the values ​​that you put continue to be consistent with what we have been saying the majority:

- Levemir high in the morning as we have told you, hence the downspouts in the middle of the morning.Surely the good figure is between 8 and 10.
- Night Levemir was fine in 6 or 7 as they told you, I don't know why you keep going down.
- A lot of sensitivity to the novorapid, hence the dowers after injecting 6. The sensitivity of your mother seems of a noirpid for 1.5HC in the morning and 1ud per 2HC at food and dinner.Test and error to approach the desired.They are not mathematics.
- Food counting with failures: to which I already indicated the other day, I add this one: 261g of cooked chickpeas are 5.22 portions if the weights without broth, not with broth as indications.Yes, it is a roll to pass them through the strainer to weigh them, but it is what there is.
- To overcome the hypos, what have also been told: 1 or 1.5 HC of fast hydrates (sugar, juice, ...), wait 15 or 20 min, and take 1 or 1.5HC of slow hydrates (bread, cookies, ...).Yes, it is also a pain, but it is what there is.

But come on, you to yours.That the thread is very lively ...

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
09/03/2014 8:10 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

@aaandres Andres, I honestly do not go to mine, I just want to improve my mother's health, I tell you with my heart in hand.I do everything with the best intention, without eating failures, I am saturated ...

I tell you the results

08:00 ---- 348 with those figures for two servings and injected Novorapid 6

10:00 ---- 243 I think the less with 5 units does not cover the 12 hours

12:15 ---- 181 I think the Levemir begins to act already

13:15 ---- 160 The Levemir continues to go down

13:30 ---- Food 5.06 rations and 4-year-old Novorapid

MENU:

150g lentils (without broth) 3 portions (Nvorapid)
Sandia 0.93g -------- 0.46 rations (0.46 novorapid)
White bread 20g -------- 1 rations (novorapid)
Lechugue 52g ----------- 0.1 rations (novorapid)
Tomato 150g ---------- 0.5 rations (novorapid)

Total Novorapid Inject 4

Total rations consumed 5.06

A question;How can I know how much novorapid my mother corresponds to a ration of carbohydrates.

You make the rule of 500: 500 divided by the total daily insulin cation, equal to the grams number of a ration for a novorapid unit.

DiabetesForo
09/03/2014 9:48 a.m.

Salvador ... You don't have the same insulin sensitivity in the morning, afternoon and night.How can you know ??testing.No one can tell you exactly.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
09/03/2014 12:01 p.m.

Upload one of Levemir at night

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/03/2014 12:36 p.m.

Today we are already controlled, but we have to correct the slow insulin slight every 2 hours because it lowers 42 units in the blood, I expose the case a bit, this morning is up high and I correct with novorrapid at two hours if I make the calculation the novorrapidHe had eaten my mother's breakfast and had dropped the decompensation a little, and just at 12 in the morning it begins to plumme it, I am correcting the falls before hypoglycemia occurs (today I do not catch me) and attempt that arrivesTo food in an acceptable value, and so, 4 portions and inject 3 novorapid units were ate, but like every day between 14 and 17, it plummeted and the levem acts fast, you eat theNovorapid more what corresponds to him, every 2 hours he continues to be bitten and still giving rations.I expose the summary of the control, do you think I am right?

Summary Day 3, 2014

Time .......... glycemia ---- rations ---- Levemir --novorapid

08.00 ------- 348 --------- 2 --------- 12 -------- 6

10.30 ------ 243 --------- 0 ----------- 0 -------- 0

12:15 ------ 181 -------- 0 ----------- 0 --------- 0

13.15 ------ 160 --------- 5.06 -------- 0 --------- 4

15:00 ------ 139 ---------- 0.5 --------- 0 ---------- 0

17.00 ------ 115 ---------- 1 --------- 0 ---------- 0

20:00 ------ 161 ---------- 0 ---------- 0 ---------- 0

21:00 ------ 146 ---------- 0 ---------- 0 ---------- 0 eat 3 rations withoutCh

00.00 ------ 150 ---------- 0 --------- 0 ---------- 0

I hope it remains.

I observe that from 8 in the morning to 6:00 p.m. the Levemir descends 21 blood glucose units at the time and from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. lowers 5 blood glucose units at the time,But by injecting again at 8pm the 6 units of the Levemir of the night from 8pm to 9pm begins to from a blood glucose units.We will see at 00:00 at night when making a new control to see what the lesson descends.

DiabetesForo
09/03/2014 3:47 p.m.

Hello again to all.I have a question and see if you could help me again.If we have a Novorapid 3-4-3 guideline and for example, when you do not feel like eating H.C or you eat less ... and should the same pattern of 3 IU apply.Novorapid?Or if you only eat a ration of H.C, would you apply only a Novorapid UI, or the 3 that are guided?Thanks again to all of you,

DiabetesForo
09/03/2014 4:42 p.m.

Because of course, if you are not going to eat HC, do not get novarapid or coña, because it will give you a tremendous descent.
If you are going to eat less HC, reduce the novarapid
Let's see if you clarify a little: your mother has 2 basal, the allegedly the levemir and the lantus, superlent insulins, are to maintain basal, that is to say that her glucose remains stable between meals, not to burn HC.(If you have other burn HC and tend hypoglycemis between hours because I repeat is not the function of that insulin)
The novorapid, fast insulin, is to burn HC.
If not HC --- No Novarapid

As a advice: better short sin, look at you and correct if necessary and do not put 2 units of fast to correct a 150 because you will have a safe hypo

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/03/2014 5 p.m.

@Gala thanks Gala for the information,

That is the problem, that the Levemir acts as fast at the time of the food, so I think it continues to be left over at least 2 more units of Levemir, of 18 units that I had in the morning and 10 at night I am already going for12 Levemir Tomorrow and Levemir Night 5/6 units, I believe that what is actually corresponding to 10 units of Levemir, I go down every two days.I hope to do it well, I have no interest or understand mathematics, the only thing I want is for my 53 -year -old mother to fall again, to break the ribs, or have to throw 4 points in the head, or toFind her lying on the floor in less than an hour on her urine ..... That is what I want, I know that you will have hypoglycemia, 1 or 2 per month when the basal is adjusted, but not 1 or 2 all the all theDays, and that the endocrine tell me that insulin is well scheduled for a 46K woman who continues to lose weight, who control her every 6 or 9 months that do not even weigh it, so the civil hospital of Malaga and the Malaga and theWonderful endocrinology and nutrition team, when you call or go to have a good study of your glycemia the only thing that they say is that you wait for the consultation day and if not, go to Carlos Haya's emergencies when hypoglycemia suffers to trace it ....... That is why I ask you fellow fogs, speaking with your heart in your hand, because I know you can help me much more than the endocrine that leads my mother.I apologize for asking so much, I know that I am very heavy and as you will be able to connect all day reading all and each of the iFormacion rereading 1 thousand times how the Levemir acts and I read 500 times the prospects, maybe I expect to find something, maybeIn a few hours the light is turned on ... I know that diabetes are not numbers, but I also see that diabetes is a disease that is divided with a correction that depends on 50% of insulins and the other 50%Of the food and mood, if I get 50% of the insulin, I will have eliminated 80% of the falls, controls that my mother is performed from 6 to 8 a day and the heavy food and more than heavy with 2 tiltlesdifferent.

DiabetesForo
09/03/2014 5:16 p.m.

Salvador, do not discourage you, that everyone at the beginning, and occasionallyToday doing the same thing has not come out the same, we have a saying here: 2+2 are not 4.
The endocrine knows the theory very well, but he practices it because ... each organism is the world and the life of each of us is totally different: some sedentary, other athletes, others very nervous, others quieter ... of a thousandWays and yet the treatments are very similar because it is what there is, we do not have anything other than insulin and with it we have to play, combining action times (fast, slow, intermediate, mixtures), with food (Slow, fast, intermediate and physical activity, more or less intense, difficult to fit all the pieces, is it like a tetris that you have to go firing everything, apriori, the endocrine see it clearly, the stick here, the squareThere, L on the other side ... but now the Chungo comes, to all this we have to add that we live in the world and that we have to live, and maybe food schedules do not fit with my work schedules, today I had to park where Christ lost the flip flops, today I have argued with my wife, friend, boss or with the municipal who has put a fine ... or I have gone to the purchase and I have seen that chocolate palm tree that II shouted ...
The endos mark some guidelines that can more work for you but in the end it is oneself that has to be known and tested.More than one day you will be wrong, many, but it is so, do not feel bad about it, but with those
Errors will learn.
There are many people who only let themselves be less and Lantus the vast majority is only with one

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/03/2014 6:16 p.m.

Salvador, even if we have the dose adjusted, we continue doing 6_8.daily controls, because not every day are the same. This is so.
Sometimes you have to have something to get to dinner.
I think you have it almost. I would upload a Levemir unit at night and go down one for the day.
If you could hobby to Lantus, it would only be slowly click once a day (better in the morning).

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/03/2014 7:27 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.