{'en': 'New hypoglycemia today (38) without symptoms, why?', 'es': 'Nueva Hipoglucemia hoy (38) sin síntomas, ¿Porqué?'} Image

New hypoglycemia today (38) without symptoms, why?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/29/2014 2:11 p.m.

You have put a lot of quick to lower the 247 ... it is better to sin shortly, than a lot ... if you have doubts between putting 2 or 3, put 2 ... because hypoglycemia is more dangerous.

Another thing, if at the hour and a half of having put novorapid it is in 47, give more sugar than 8 grams since insulin still has to take effect and is when lower.You have to drink rapid absorption carbohydrates (sugar, juice ...) and some slow absorption (bread, cookies ..) to maintain and not get back.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
09/01/2014 4:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you @mimbek and @gala I had to go buy and just at that time my mother took the test, she who saw her very high and says that in 200 the pillo organs are damaged by the novorapid and skewer 3 units, when II get home ........ Well, imagine the panorama that I found ...... and there is the failure of all the decompensation this afternoon, as lunch had to eat at 14:00, I thought thatIt would not be advisableslow ......

Glycemic control at 9:30 p.m. - 310 (I apply only Novorapid Correction)

Yes that tonight I prepared for dinner: 150gde eggplant grilled in slices, French tortilla, 39g lettuce and 102g tomato rations 0.97, insulina novorapid
4 units of correction.I know they should be 5 in total of the slow one, but I don't know how your body will react at 23:00 hours.When injecting Novorapid to adjust the correction, the ration should be left at 110.

Time to which Levemir injects (6 units) at 20:00

Time to which you will have dinner and inject Novorapid 21:30

Do you think there is any relationship between insulin hours?I mean how they are injected at different times, if that can be a reason for hypoglycemia.

Example If inject 6 Levemir unities at 8pm, until the following 2 or 3 hours they will not begin to be the effect, and at 9:30 p.m. inject 4 units, the effect begins at half an hour up to almost 90 minutes laterDeintear Novorapid, reducing the effect until the 4 hours of injecting the novorapid.So the two insulins are found and work in the body together, can this influence hypoglycemia or do not influence at all and it is an erroneous theory ??PR

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/01/2014 4:56 p.m.

Of course it influences, let's see:
The Levemir, its main function is to keep the basal, I explain myself, if in the breakfast post it is in 120, it should get more or less that figure, a little more less, and to dinner more or less with the samefigure that after after eating and in the morning the same as the dinner post (before bedtaking a higher peak, 140-160 because it will spend many hours without eating. If the post values ​​were therefore they were due250 And at the following food it comes more or less with the same figures, you don't have to touch the Levemir because it is well dosed, what you have to modify is the novorapid of the meals.
In the case of today that hypoglycemia has suffered before eating, what you have to do is solve hypoglycemia with 10-15gr of sugar and wait 15-20 minutes, if it will take long to eat, take HC, a couple of cookies, a slice of bread ... and then the same novorapid guideline as always.And if you are going to eat shortly, you have to put it insulin just like always because if it would not upload everything that eats the same as another nornal day, if you want 1 unity less because it still has the 3 that was put to correct.
Another thing to comment, now when you have put the lesson, remember that he is put by the lesson of this morning (the Levemir has a lot more than 12 hours that I think that is where the mess is) so there will be a momentAs at 4 hours of the Levemir (nas less when bedDinner, so watches that post and the one before bedtime, I would have an early morning control in case the flies

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/01/2014 5:58 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@Gala then do you recommend me insulin at the same time?I mean dinner at 8:00 p.m. ???You can put the lEVEMIR at 08: in the morning and the next injection of Levemir at 22: hours even if it had spent 12 hours of the first dose of Levemir ??According to I understand and in the endocrine pattern the Levemir is every 12 hours.

DiabetesForo
09/01/2014 6:08 p.m.

In theory it lasts 24 hours like the Lantus but normally neither one nor the other lasts so much, about 21-22Horad.
If you delay it and get up well and have no hypos, perfect, this is trial-error but monitor the action peaks of each one, you know:
Novorapid: Start at 15 minutes, peak at 1-2 hours and effect up to 4h.
Levemir: supposedly flat but it really is not, it made me a peak about 2 and a half hours and another about 4.
And I recount you, be careful with the sum of the Levemir in the morning and night because you are overlapping an insulin that lasts 20 hours injecting it every 12.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/01/2014 6:18 p.m.

Well, there is less, he needs 1 more quickly in ek breakfast, and would it have been fine, how did he come to dinner?
At breakfast you usually need faster, because it still did not start acting well.
The dose of the night is well adjusted when you go to bed and get up with similar figures 140_100?
And remember that control is not mathematical and there will be times that it will have hypos and hyper without apparent reason. The important thing is to detect and correct them in time

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/01/2014 6:46 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Egina Good morning, I arrived at 310, it was injected 4 of Novorapid for correction and left a ration to eat, in theory I would have needed 5 novorapid but I did not want to adjust to the maximum.At 00:30, a new test was carried out and the result was 231 high (that is caused by not applying the correct correction) but this morning at 08:00 in the morning tests and phenomenal 163 are performed, as you are going to eat 2, 5 rations (200ml of milk plus 30g of bread) I decide to apply the pattern of 3 units of Levemir, UA to correct and 2 for breakfast.

DiabetesForo
09/02/2014 4:50 a.m.

08: 00-148 ------------------------- 14 ------- 2

12: 00--247 ----------------- 0 ------- 0 ------- 3

13: 30--42 --------------- 1 --------- 0 ------- 0 sugar 8g

13: 45--34 --------------- 1 -------- 0 ------- 0 Sugar 8g

14:00 ------------------- 4 -------- 0 ------- 0

16: 00--195 --------------- 0 -------- 0 ------- 0

18: 00--248 --------------- 0 -------- 0 ------- 0

20:00 ------------------- 0 -------- 6 ------- 0

21: 30--310 -------------- 0.97 ------ 0 ------- 4

00.30--231 --------------- 0 -------- 0 ------ 0

DiabetesForo
09/02/2014 4:59 a.m.

September 2

Time .......... Glycemia --- Rations-LEVEMIR --- Novorapid

08:00 ------ 163 ------ --- 2 -------- 15 --------- 3 (you see it well today and novorapid)

DiabetesForo
09/02/2014 5:03 a.m.

I think it is almost almost, get a novorapid unit at meals if necessary, and if you see that it wakes down, you lay down to 150?, you download another one of Levemir at night.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/02/2014 11:12 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, he is adjusted, but I want to ask a question, why my mother has a role for her endocrine that tells her that she has to eat a guideline of rations?I explain myself, Levemir tomorrow 18/20 and night 10 and novorapid breakfast 2, food 3 and dinner 2

That is what I don't understand, what is the reason for the rations, ??Why can't my mother eat a good plate of lentils + 2 portions of bread + a yogurt + a piece of fruit?

Total example of 14.5 rations = a novorapid in food.

DiabetesForo
09/02/2014 11:38 a.m.

Until you learn to count rations and calculate insulin, doctors give you some guidelines ... but then you already have to be independent.If today your mother is very hungry and you want as you say ... a good plate of lentils, bread, yogurt and fruit ... can do it perfectly.We have enough, as if to go hungry!

By the way, the example of food does not seem to me to be 14 portions ... and if it were, 14 fast units is a burial, I do not think it needed so much.Do you put the same insulin units as portions?

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
09/02/2014 12:08 p.m.

Today again a hypoglycemia has stayed in 40 two hours after the food, I tell you the day and if you see a mistake please tell me.

September 2

Time .......... Glycemia --- Rations-LEVEMIR --- Novorapid

08:00 ------ 163 ------ --- 2 ------- 14 --------- 3 (you see it well today)

10:00 ------ 160 -------- 0 ---------- 0 --------- 0

12.00 ------- 65 --------- 1,5 ------- 0 --------- 0

13.30 ------- 111 ------- 8 --------- 0 -------- 6 ( * Menu explained below)

15:45 -------- 40 ---------- 1,5 ------- 0 ------- 0

15:50 ------- 41 ---------- 1 ---------- 0 ------- 0

16; 50 ------- 77 ---------- 0.5 -------- 0 ------ 0

17:50 ------- 111 ---------- 0.5 --------- 0 ------ 0

20.00 -------- 84 ------------ 1 --------- 5 ------ 0 (under 1 union)

Menu for eating at 13:30) as is heavy:

for every 10 HC = 1 ration = 1 novorapid unit

70g of lettuce -------------------- ROOM

82g Fruit pear ---------------------- ROOM 0.82

261G cooked chickpeas (with broth) ---- Novorapid 5.22

25G PAN -------------------------- ROOMPID 1,25

21g 1 Industrial empanadilla --------- Raporpid 1.36

Total rations ---- 8.84

Total Insulina Novorapid injected ------ 6 units

I decided to put 6 novorapid units instead of 8 (300 above in relation to the rations) in case after eating it gave him some hypoglycemia,

This hypoglycemia will mean that it is left over ???Are the rations and novorapid units calculated ???so much Levemir will it be left over ??

I don't understand anything,

At night I apply the same ch/insulin unit system and do not get out of control.

Levemir inject 14 units at 08:00 in the morning.

DiabetesForo
09/02/2014 1:26 p.m.

Well, you can supposedly eat what you want to adjust HC/ insulin, or is it that every day you have to be hungry?A few days he will have more and others less, like everyone else, I say ...
And as Mimbek says, your mother has to make you fine to need 14 units of rapidpear normally) and I wear 7 units, another day because I do not feel so much, because I wear 6, or 5, it depends what I will eat or do, for example if I am going to do sports after eating I also get less fast

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/02/2014 1:30 p.m.

Today you have clearly passed with the fast.

At 11:00 or so I should have eaten something (insulin continues to do a bit of effect after two hours, in the middle of the morning it would be convenient to eat 1 ration).

And the food ... the insulin units you have to put, they do not have to be the same as the rations you eat.It is possible that at breakfast for example if you eat 3 portions, you have to prick 3 units ... but if one day you want to eat 10 rations, it does not mean that you have to put 10 units ... the proportions are not the same.

Today at food with 5 or even 4 units I would have earned him.You have been wrong, but you are on the right track ... you will be learning based on trial - error, but I am sure that from here you will see it much easier.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
09/02/2014 2:58 p.m.

Mimbek said:
You have clearly passed with the fast.

At 11:00 or so I should have eaten something (insulin continues to do a bit of effect after two hours, in the middle of the morning it would be convenient to eat 1 ration).

Indeed, I just wanted to check if it continues with excess of levemir, that was my intention, reaching 13.30 with the correct basal

DiabetesForo
09/02/2014 3:03 p.m.

Mimbek said:

Today at food with 5 or even 4 units I would have earned him.You have been wrong, but you are on the right track ... you will be learning based on trial - error, but I am sure that from here you will see it much easier.

I would thank you for informing me what the mistake made when calculating insulin, as you already explained: 8.84 portions were ate and a newpid was injected 6, I calculate the insulin so that at two hours of eating the glucose left inBlood in 263 more or less with a margin of 20, hoping to correct the possible hypoglycemia, but it can be verified that it did not validate with that margin.The table I use for counting is one of one of such "Serafin"

I beg you if I am doing something wrong in the HC/ Novorapid count, explain it to me.

I don't want to pass from error, I want to solve it.

Thank you,

DiabetesForo
09/02/2014 3:11 p.m.

In the control above there are the new figures, in case you see something weird from after hypoglycemia until 20:00 hours, control is still guided, will it be excess of a lEVEMIR ???But the figures continue to fall

DiabetesForo
09/02/2014 4:18 p.m.

The correct values ​​before before (breakfast/food/dinner) are between 80 and 110, and after mealbetter.From 180, hyperglycemia is considered.

I understand that you are afraid of hypoglycemia, but what you cannot do is try to stay in 260 after a meal.

The error when calculating it, I see it because before eating it was very good (111) and just 2 hours later when the fast insulin was put it was in 40. I cannot give you a magical formula to calculate the insulin, the key is that todayYou have passed, next time you will have to put less.And not to be so strict ... in the sense that if you start eating with 150, do not put one more to correct ... 150 is not quite evil.Do it in any case from 180.

After hypoglycemia I see all the values ​​well.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
09/02/2014 4:31 p.m.

Hello Salvador, there is a phenomenon that will baffle you and it is as follows:
The liver has a glucose reserve in the form of glucogen that can be mobilized in the blood by the secretion of glucagon, adrenaline, cortisol and some hormone that I have not studied in detail.
This basically means that a loss of sugar can shoot glucose or raw or scare or exercise like walking.
If the sugar outlet does not upload much it can go unnoticed since for example the glucagon triggers between 70 and 90 mg/dl.
I give you an example is your mother in 140 after eating and at dinner time it is in 90 and you say wonderful!But without you realizing when it comes to 140 it has dropped to 75 and then uploaded to 90/100 with what nobody has noticed and the liver has been "lending" glucose for 4 hours.
You put the insulin and two things can happen:
1) The liver continues to receive the glucagon signal with what the climb after eating goes to the top floor, but there is waiting for you and suddenly in the period of the next 24/36 hours without apparent reason decides thatYou have to return the loan and charge it ... with what there is a drop of ass without apparently obeying the reason or pattern
2) The liver receives a low glucagon signal and upon receiving the insurusal signal decides to charge the debt itself and gives you a descent in the period of two hours of the quick of maximum effect.
This my wife and I call it that "the coprador of the fraud arrives" and since we began to take it into account half of the hypoglycemia we see them come ... the other half the collector catches me through.
Because of the data that you go, I have the feeling that you have the collector out there
Greetings

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
09/02/2014 4:39 p.m.

DM1 Lada debut 22/12/2013 con 55 años

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.