{'en': 'Impossible to lose weight', 'es': 'Imposible adelgazar'} Image

Impossible to lose weight

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/01/2011 9:19 a.m.

You do well

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/10/2016 12:19 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
you do well @Juani_53 better have a few kilos more than generating a cancer.

Well yes, and he told me that I had to get less at noon, because he got off after eating, and more at the breakfast that uploads me, oh, what I read that sometimes they go to the educator, I do notThey say anything about that, I'm not with endocrine, I prescribe the family doctor

Juani_53's profile photo
Juani_53
08/12/2016 4:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Have you given glucometer?If you put insulin, controls are needed to adjust it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/12/2016 5:11 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
have you given glucometer?If you put insulin, controls are needed to adjust it.

If I have glucometer, since they sent me insulin

Juani_53's profile photo
Juani_53
08/13/2016 9:34 p.m.

Hahahaha @fer you already have another illustrated in pharmacology .. clembunterrol to lose weight !!!!Because you don't directly say liposuction.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/25/2016 11:22 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@Luvi has already been expelled for the user for breaching the standards.

fer's profile photo
fer
08/25/2016 11:43 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thanks @fer

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/25/2016 11:45 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

verukis said:
good days,

After a long time without control of my type I diabetes, only because of me, I stayed in a very low weight, as you know, having a disastrous control the calories ingested are expelled through the urine, hence the thinning.

I decided two years ago to reins again and carry good control and it happened that in two months I recovered almost 20 kilos and to this day I have been raising even more but little in little.

According to my endocrine, I must go up the Lantus units, but what happens?How much more lantus I get more fat and those kilos are not removed with diet.

Example, I have been 3 weeks to strict diabetic regime to see if I losing weight, since I am currently in a body mass index, which indicates that it starts to be overweight.What is my surprise when instead of losing weight what I do is gain weight, in this case 300 gr.

In these last two years I have made many types of diet suitable for a diabetic, that is, in which you can eat hydrates and I have not managed to lower anything.I don't follow a regime, I don't make excesses either, as less than a normal person and all healthy, I should lose weight little by little with this type of food or keep myself.

I would appreciate that people with my same problem or people who have happened to me and have as they have managed to stop the problem, or simply people who know what can be done.

My endocrine is limited to saying that insulin does not fat, a totally uncertain thing, since it is demonstrated, according to my header, that more injected more is usually fattened.

Thank you so much

Luxi's profile photo
Luxi
04/12/2017 4:01 p.m.

Hi verukis!I am with the same to lose weight ... the only solution I see is sport ... more sport less insulin ... and I am trying to adapt work life (mid -morning gym) and family (bike, walk, run whateverwith the family) sport yes or yes.
Kisses and à namos.Thanks @Fer for this forum.

Txus's profile photo
Txus
10/22/2017 6:02 p.m.

Sometimes the weight rise can be by hypothyroidism .., although that is detected by routine analysis

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/24/2017 9:18 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

With those of routine no @"regina" a thyroid profile has to be ordered, in the normal analyzes neither the TSH nor the T3 nor the free T4

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/24/2017 10:09 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@Regina i @ nigiri, if I have hypothyroidism ... I have a pituitary deficit (I take eutirox, growth hormone and patches ebra ja what I lost menstruation) all postpartum gift.But well more or less controlled ... there battling with everything the loss of weight.

Txus's profile photo
Txus
10/25/2017 1 a.m.

@"Txus" and how do you have the TSH?In order for your body to work correctly, the TSH has to be below 2, if not, even if you are taking eutirox or levothyroxin, your body will never metabolize correctly, I tell you because it happened to me exactly.The TSH parameters in Spain reach up to 5 and that is a barbarity, above 2 it is normal to continue having symptoms of hypothyroidism.Look your last analytical and if it is above 2 talk to your endocrine/or if you ignore, change because this is really essential to cope with a normal life.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/26/2017 11:24 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Good morning.I just reviewed all this long debate and I want to take the opportunity to comment on my case and consult my doubts.

I have always had overweight, I am 1’80 and I have moved between 85 and 95 kilos.Last year without diet I started losing a couple of kilos a month.At the fifth month I worried, I went to the doctor and diagnosed me with type 2 diabetes, prescribing 2 daily pills 1000/50.

Well, in eight months that I took treatment I have already recovered those ten kilos and I take a kilo or more every month.I take quite a lot of food.Zero sugar and hydrates under control (not strict), and with a food in general that in other times would have made me lose weight.I exercise too, fast walk 45 min.4 or 5 times per week.

I have read in a comment that the Eukreas "Loss" and it seems to make me the opposite elected.Do others happen to me or is not normal?

Thanks and cordial greetings.

Toño Palacio's profile photo
Toño Palacio
10/29/2017 12:04 p.m.

verukis said:
good days,

After a long time without control of my type I diabetes, only because of me, I stayed in a very low weight, as you know, having a disastrous control the calories ingested are expelled through the urine, hence the thinning.

I decided two years ago to reins again and carry good control and it happened that in two months I recovered almost 20 kilos and to this day I have been raising even more but little in little.

According to my endocrine, I must go up the Lantus units, but what happens?How much more lantus I get more fat and those kilos are not removed with diet.

Example, I have been 3 weeks to strict diabetic regime to see if I losing weight, since I am currently in a body mass index, which indicates that it starts to be overweight.What is my surprise when instead of losing weight what I do is gain weight, in this case 300 gr.

In these last two years I have made many types of diet suitable for a diabetic, that is, in which you can eat hydrates and I have not managed to lower anything.I don't follow a regime, I don't make excesses either, as less than a normal person and all healthy, I should lose weight little by little with this type of food or keep myself.

I would appreciate that people with my same problem or people who have happened to me and have as they have managed to stop the problem, or simply people who know what can be done.

My endocrine is limited to saying that insulin does not fat, a totally uncertain thing, since it is demonstrated, according to my header, that more injected more is usually fattened.

Thank you so much

Hello, I have been diabetic type l for a long time and I do not get fat because I stay in a weight under something that allows meA croasant like
They do others and run 7 km
3 days a week.Try it, you will see how weight loss.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
10/30/2017 9:40 a.m.

Jose Maria I have already told you in another thread but I put it here again.You don't advise people to leave insulin, please.I do not know how much idea you have of diabetes but in the comment to which you refer to it is clear that he is a person with type 1. Type 1 would die without insulin because our body does not produce it and is necessary.If you are type 2 and with food you can control the disease because great, it is the best way, but for type 1 that is not possible.Controlling food we can use less insulin and take better control but you cannot do without it.We would die.So, please, you don't advise this kind of thing anymore because you can make someone just diagnosed who still does not know what the disease is ending in the hospital or something worse.
I know the article that you put in the last comment and it is very good, I also follow a low diet in hydrates and without sugars, but that does not make a type 1 can live without insulin.I still need it (although less amount than before) and if I stopped putting it in a few days.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/03/2017 10:09 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

verukis said:
good days,

Thank you so much

GranGaspy's profile photo
GranGaspy
10/14/2018 2:19 p.m.

Good morning, your endocrine is not reason when it says that insulin does not fat, because what fattens is the food you eat after pricking insulin, mainly carbohydrates.We must put the precise insulin for what we are going to eat, if we do not find the right balance we see each other eating more to compensate for the hypoglycemia that come after injected more than the account.Balance that is not only: insulin-comparation but, physical activity too.It is convenient to have a continuous sensor that monitor glycemia and trends before these three parameters before making decisions without ton or are.This is known by endocrine but the sensors cost a paste and our system does not cover it.If your endocrine says that you must continue to increase the amount of Lantus, it is because average daily glycemia is high and this could also be the consequence of rebounds after a hiccup, namely.Physical activity is very important because it improves insulin sensitivity and less amount is needed to achieve the proposed objective.There are better insulins than Lantus such as Tresiba, it is flatter than the previous one and also more expensive, so you need inspection authorization.Anyway, this is not an exact science and there are no master formulas.Another solution in addition to the sensor or insulin change is to change endocrine.Greetings

GranGaspy's profile photo
GranGaspy
10/14/2018 2:39 p.m.

Good night to all.I have read almost all comments and only in one I have read daily caloric consumption will determine whether you earn weight.It is very common to blame insulins, but if they do not make an exercise pizco, with mere diets they will not reduce.There is a very true saying that he says, if we want things to change we cannot continue doing the same.Anyes out of the headquarters.Look for exercise activities while working with their diets.Being insulins, constant factors, I would not bother me to change insulins.Start with those things you can change.Lifestyles, food.I guarantee you will see changes.I
I was weighing 85kg and for dehydration I arrived at the hospital in 72kg very badly.Once I left I started a rigid diet, and the medications, and began to do exercises seriously.Of glycosylated at 13.5 and a glucose of 400 I went down to a glycosilada of 6.6 and a glucose of 98 in 4 months and in 8 months the new test a week ago was 5.40 glycosylated and glucose in a fast of 110. And I have not put me backOverweight, I am weighing 68kg toned by exercise.I am in my optimal weight without insulins in my case.Now with metformin, and watching my levels.But above all, doing serious exercise.Do you want to control your weight?They are looking for the wrong place.It is having will and believe in you.Burn the calories you eat and you can eat happy.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
10/15/2018 3:16 a.m.

Well nothing, between that I get greater, confinement and covid ... There is no way to lose weight or do some sport in conditions, how do you monitor you?

fer's profile photo
fer
10/09/2020 6:28 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.