{'en': 'Impossible to lose weight', 'es': 'Imposible adelgazar'} Image

Impossible to lose weight

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/01/2011 9:19 a.m.

It must also be monitored that there is no hypothyroidism, when it gets too fat ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/28/2015 7:52 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

verukis said:
good days,

After a long time without control of my type I diabetes, only because of me, I stayed in a very low weight, as you know, having a disastrous control the calories ingested are expelled through the urine, hence the thinning.

I decided two years ago to reins again and carry good control and it happened that in two months I recovered almost 20 kilos and to this day I have been raising even more but little in little.

According to my endocrine, I must go up the Lantus units, but what happens?How much more lantus I get more fat and those kilos are not removed with diet.
Example, I have been 3 weeks to strict diabetic regime to see if I losing weight, since I am currently in a body mass index, which indicates that it starts to be overweight.What is my surprise when instead of losing weight what I do is gain weight, in this case 300 gr.
In these last two years I have made many types of diet suitable for a diabetic, that is, in which you can eat hydrates and I have not managed to lower anything.I don't follow a regime, I don't make excesses either, as less than a normal person and all healthy, I should lose weight little by little with this type of food or keep myself.

I would appreciate that people with my same problem or people who have happened to me and have as they have managed to stop the problem, or simply people who know what can be done.
My endocrine is limited to saying that insulin does not fat, a totally uncertain thing, since it is demonstrated, according to my header, that more injected more is usually fattened.

Thank you very much

Well, as you know, insulin is a hormone with an anabolic work, which makes even bodybuilders to use it exogenous when they want to gain weight

In my experience as diabetics I have not become fat since I was diagnosed but I dreamDiabetic I win a lot of weight when I propose it quite easily and if I find it hard to lose more but I do notWe have to consume hydrates even if we don't want to eat anything else
And on the other hand that you get a lotThere is nothing to work without that

cesargarcia's profile photo
cesargarcia
08/28/2015 9 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I believe that the explanation about why insulin could be this: someone offers you a vanilla ice cream.Given that you have two options: one, no thanks, the glucose uploads a lot, and two, I punctuate two extra fast units and like it.As simple as that.It depends on the option you choose you will gain or not.And in the event that you take it, burn those calories or not burn them.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
08/29/2015 11:07 a.m.

That is not always the case, I am one of the people that I have made diets to the letter, and I have never achieved anything.While my friends have gone to the same dietitians as me, and have not done so strict, they have lost a lot of weight and Qhora have managed to stay.While I have lost 2 kilos, almost 10, they stay and I have fattened in a story of 8 months 12 kilos, if eating in esseo or anything like that, only a healthy and balanced diet.

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
08/29/2015 11:14 a.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

My case:

I have never been so strong, defined and fatless as now, and I have been doing a lot of sport all my life.

For me insulin is like Dopar me.You show a lot.

And like everything, I don't deprive me, with some days of pizza, kebabs ...
Glucose control is good, with almost no hypos or usually moving from 200.

PS: If you are a bodybuilder and you are reading this, do not think of injecting insulin, if you develop diabetes you will be fine, for a fool.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/29/2015 5:05 p.m.

An important factor must be taken into account and that from a certain age and especially in women, whether diabetic or not, you click on lantus or not, losing weight costs much more.In my case, I lost a lot because of starting to have a less sedentary life, I walked every day 6 or 7 km and three days a week I went to the gym, I also eliminated the gluten of my diet almost completely because I did not sit downWell but mainly what made me go down was the exercise, it is not that I had about weight before but it was not bad to lower those kilos and my hemoglobin went from 9 to 7, (I have been using Lantus many years and this has not turned out to me a problemWhen going down) unfortunately less than a year ago I took all those kilos in a very short time due to hypothyroidism, but hey, that is another story.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/02/2015 11:47 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I also have hypothyroidism me and I always have a hard time thinning. In this month I am diabetic I have lowered 2 kilos but I recognize that as very little.I don't know how long I can maintain this rhythm only 1000 calories.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/03/2015 12:12 a.m.

Do you exercise regularly @aliciaalicia?I stopped doing it before I was diagnosed because I was so exhausted that it cost me until I got out of bed, in May they found the dose of levothyroxine that I needed and I begin to find me much better, I am taking the rhythm of the sport again and sincerely, I hope to return to my weight in a few months.After reading a lot about the thyroid and contrasting opinions and cases of people who have it, I have concluded that you have to exercise daily and wear a healthy diet.I have also read some article about gluten -free diets also favor hypothyroidism but are not scientific writings much less.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/03/2015 12:21 a.m.

nigiri said:
an important factor mustYears when hypothyroidism got out I gained 10 kilos but with the treatment of Eutirox I lost them in a short time but that will always cost you to lose weight a little more than the or not, losing weight costs much more.In my case, I lost a lot because of starting to have a less sedentary life, I walked every day 6 or 7 km and three days a week I went to the gym, I also eliminated the gluten of my diet almost completely because I did not sit downWell but mainly what made me go down was the exercise, it is not that I had about weight before but it was not bad to lower those kilos and my hemoglobin went from 9 to 7, (I have been using Lantus many years and this has not turned out to me a problemWhen going down) unfortunately less than a year ago I took all those kilos in a very short time due to hypothyroidism, but hey, that is another story.

DiabetesForo
09/03/2015 12:25 a.m.

;)

DiabetesForo
09/03/2015 12:28 a.m.

nigiri said:
do you exercise regularly @aliciaalicia?I stopped doing it before I was diagnosed because I was so exhausted that it cost me until I got out of bed, in May they found the dose of levothyroxine that I needed and I begin to find me much better, I am taking the rhythm of the sport again and sincerely, I hope to return to my weight in a few months.After reading a lot about the thyroid and contrasting opinions and cases of people who have it, I have concluded that you have to exercise daily and wear a healthy diet.I have also read some article about gluten -free diets also favor hypothyroidism but are not scientific writings much less.

Nigiri, sorry that I did not answer you before but it turns out that in addition to new with diabetes I am also in this to get into forums.But when they found the amount of Eutirox that I need everything improved and if with diet and exercise I gone down, but I always have a tendency to gain weight although it eats less than other people, it is an annoyance but with effort you can maintain your weight.

DiabetesForo
09/24/2015 9:28 p.m.

I have hypothyroidism for 22 years I have never taken more than the typical kilos that are put at Christmas or in summer, what cost me a lot was to lose them and I realized that my problem was the metabolism that had crushed it by force ofEating less and less to the point that the lettuce noticed that I got fat.So once confirmed that the thyroid was controlled I began to eat in conditions and to go to the gym every day and hand of saint !!This is just my experience of clear, but what I advise is that if an endocrine does not give your solution or his answer is "it will be genetic" (which seems horrible to me by the way that a doctor says that) do not conform, look for another!

krrs's profile photo
krrs
09/30/2015 7:33 a.m.

The topic is very interesting.
My endo tells me that diabetes 1 impossible to lower weight due to hypoglycemia associated with the lack of food.
I managed to lower 1 kg by changing the HC of bread or fruit cookies that has less calories, but no more because the fruit is quickly burned and they give me down.
Before being diabetic I lowered weight if I was strictly diet and took care of me, I have always been filled without getting overweight, but now I keep more or less well, with an BMI of 23.8 ... Broking the fatness according to my old endo (18<BMI <24)

But being a woman is a bagpipe .... retention with ovulation or menstruation, in addition to constipation ... all this rises weight.In the end, I stay as I am ... although 3 kilos less would be my ideal

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/19/2016 2:49 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Yes you can go down by reducing hydrates. Taking bread and having a complete salad, my daughter goes down quickly two kilos.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/20/2016 1:47 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If you get sports without having hypos that force you to be eating all the time it burns fat more or less as a healthy person.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
04/20/2016 3:29 a.m.

In my case before having hypothyroidism I had no problem losing weight, I never needed to lower much because I have never come to be overweight but the typical thing about taking away some kilo did it without problem and basically doing sports because my diet has almost always been the same.Now with the thyroid it is another song although I trust to get it!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/20/2016 9:45 p.m.

@Ruthbia I managed to download kilos only at breakfast and not drinking pasta or rice only vegetables and legumes and fruits and I dropped 15 kilos in 8 months.

DiabetesForo
04/20/2016 11:32 p.m.

I lower when I started to do the diet.Then I have uploaded them again and now there is no way to take away what I have uploaded.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
04/21/2016 10:12 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

aliciaalicia said:
@ruthbia I managed to lower kilos taking bread only at breakfast and not drinking pasta or rice only vegetables and legumes and fruits and I have lowered 15 kilos in 8 months.

But that is my usual diet .... I am "lucky" that I don't like pasta and rice I don't like it since I am a diabetic.Very little legume, always vegetables.Grilled meats and fish because the sauces feel bad.I measure the oil with a spoon.
I think there comes a time that you balance and it is very difficult.

If I have to eat sport ... I don't get the hydrate.I am in 12.5-13 rations day ... less have told me that impossible.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/22/2016 10:39 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia with that diet you should lose weight.
It will be as you say your metabolism is customary.I also have 13 rations of carbohydrates.What I do is when I take legumes I accompany her only with salad.

DiabetesForo
04/22/2016 4:25 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.