{'en': 'Impossible to lose weight', 'es': 'Imposible adelgazar'} Image

Impossible to lose weight

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/01/2011 9:19 a.m.

@Ruthbia tells me this the endocrine

"My glyd 6.2 and told me to rise to 6.7, with deficiencies of insulin.

And I throw the first thing he has in his face ... really but that scoundrel.

When we lose weight due to lack of insulin, it is because we do not metabolize those carbohydrates we eat.Come on .. you lose weight for being sick,

I am not an expert in nutrition but I am clear that worsen glycosilada is not an option.

marine's profile photo
marine
06/28/2021 10:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

marine said:
@meginer is that in the end, removing hormonal theme and food intolerances for saying something else .... it is a matter of caloric deficit.

The trick is to deceive the body so that it is constantly adapting because in those changes it is where you do not stagnate and it seems that ... you do everything good but it really is not so.

Since you both train ... that when you have been a couple of months with the same routine, don't you have a hard time?The blood glucose is normalized and does not give you abruptness as at the beginning ... because to Adelzagar it is the same is more ...

Always an intensity exercise will be better than an aerobic to lose weight because the muscle consumes more kcal and like those many more but ...

It has nothing to do with insulin consumption.A normal person also takes away the insulin to lose weight?, in any case you will take away hydrates to reduce your insulin needs and avoid the peaks that make it more sense since it even generates more anxiety for food.

I reiterate as many times as necessary, under my opinion @ruthbia what you need is a good nutritionist and also if it can be, specialized in diabetes.

Of course, I mean the hydrates and consequently, you have to lower the insulin, you will not lose weight for getting less insulin but for eating less hydrates.In my case, the problem of high intensity anaerobic ex is that they give me some beast -hyperglycemia beastly peakthing or the other.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/28/2021 11 p.m.

marine said:
@ruthbia tells me this the endocrine

"My glyd 6.2 and told me to rise to 6.7, with deficiencies of insulin.

And I throw the first thing he has in his face ... really but that scoundrel.

When we lose weight due to lack of insulin, it is because we do not metabolize those carbohydrates we eat.Come on .. you lose weight for being sick,

I am not an expert in nutrition but I am clear that worsen glycosilada is not an option.

It is clear that no, the more you approach the levels of a person not dB better, it is difficult but with the means of today, you can get or at least approach.That endocrine supposes that we cannot reach those levels, it is stupid, it must be an endocrine of the 50s.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/28/2021 11:05 p.m.

Greetings verukis and the entire forum in general.
Starting from the fact that overweight is not causing any physical problem such as thyroid or any other.
- The first thing to do is a bit of progressive aerobic exercise.In this way you will have a better insulin sensitivity, therefore, you will need less.
- The second would be to do anaerobic exercise of great intensity.For example, weightlifting, but as I said trying to force the muscle to the fullest by working at type Iib fibers (also known for reaching the failure).In this way the muscle will sue glycogen for 24/48 hours after training.From there that glycogen acquires it from body fat stored in the body.
- And the third to take care of food, for example, avoid tam, and what is the TAM?.Well, wheat, rice and corn.These three foods produce great impact on glucose.
I would also recommend drinking at least 2 liters of water, avoid processed foods, avoid fried food and cook aldent foods, the less cooking time less sugars will have.I could keep writing the Bible here but with these basic and primary tips I have lowered 5 kilos in 2 months and without being very strict.You could consult with your endocrine or put it into practice and tell me.
I am type 1 diabetic for 43 years.

Angel Martin Rosa's profile photo
Angel Martin Rosa
06/29/2021 12:09 a.m.

@Marine for that he sent the "m" to the endocrine of the SS and went for insurance.The glyc does not seem to me.

@meginer, normal is that down insulin according to intake, but being a woman is not the same.I upload insulin reducing hydrates intake due to hormonal insulin resistance.There are days that a 0.5 R yogurt of Ch assumes 5 uds of insulin and others do not need fast, the basal metabolizes it.I can be 18 hours without eating and my glucose is stable, I have neither hyper nor hyper nor anything.That's why I asked me to do a thyroid study and I gave that I am fine.

@"Angel Martin Rosa" I do a lot of aerobic exercise, I have left the weights for a tear or I do not know that in the left arm, there are days that I cannot move."breakfast according to the day.I drink 1.5l and some more water a day.I take soy drink instead of milk.
My diet is approximately 1,000kcal for two months and makes me fat;The nutritionist not knowing where to take away anything.So I'm going to choose what the other endo told me.Enter controlled ketosis to eliminate fat and then resume the normal diet little by little under its protection.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/29/2021 11:44 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

If I would try the Keto diet, controlled by the endocrine and temporarily, there are people who have gone well, being type 1 diabetics. You lead a hyper healthy life, more I would like to take it like this, so for trying a few weeksYou don't lose anything.You can also look for nutritionists specialized in Keto, that the same is some that can give you a hand and now with the online sessions and such a site can be

Nila's profile photo
Nila
06/29/2021 10:22 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Ruthbia for what you tell me you take care of your diet and let me tell you that you continue with the aerobic exercise and that you combine it with other types of anaerobic exercises in which you do not force the hurt arm, such as the squats, isometric exercise between them the abdominals, jumpsBox, short and intense races, etc.And on the other hand, try with the ketogenic diet to see if you tolerate it and you can carry it out.Good luck and I await your prompt recovery.

Angel Martin Rosa's profile photo
Angel Martin Rosa
06/29/2021 10:31 p.m.

Owash said:
in any way, I understand you very well ... it is desperate to see how you take kilos, many times without being able to do anything to prevent it, and the endocrine that limits you to throw theanger and tell you that you have to lose weight without giving you any solution
But really doing things as they touch: organized diet, physical exercise (essential) and medical (discreet but not insistent) control is possible to reduce weight.

I, since I am working (and I am every day 12-14 km) I have lost 4 kilos, maintaining the same glycosylated.
In 2-3 weeks that I have lowered the rhythm for vacations and lower workload I have re-took a little more than 1 kg ...
All this maintaining the same ultra -granted insulin units and lowering the basal.

Incredible how you explained it well, Bravo 👏 👍!
I also get fat, but that's what you say.
👏👏👏👏👏.I take off my hat.
Greetings

chamus1978's profile photo
chamus1978
06/30/2021 1:27 a.m.

Do you see normal that when I climb the dose of metformin in a week has lost more than two kilos?I have noticed it a lot and I have heard.In consultation with 65 clothes (let's weighed 63.5-54) and today 61.5.Besides, as I say, I have noticed the descent a lot.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
07/03/2021 11:58 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

nila said:
are you normal that when I get the dose of metformin in a week you have lost more than two kilos?I have noticed it a lot and I have heard.In consultation with 65 clothes (let's weighed 63.5-54) and today 61.5.Besides, as I say, I have noticed the descent a lot.

It is normal is one of its side effects, it is more people who are not diabetic to use it to lose weight

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
07/03/2021 12:37 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

alberto_13 said:
nila said:
you see normal that when I climb the dose of metformin in a week has lost more than two kilos?I have noticed it a lot and I have heard.In consultation with 65 clothes (let's weighed 63.5-54) and today 61.5.Besides, as I say, I have noticed the descent a lot.

It is normal is one of its side effects, it is more people who without being diabetic use it to lose weight

Thank you, I'm a little scared to have rebound effect

Nila's profile photo
Nila
07/03/2021 2:48 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

The rebound effect is that they take away the metformin and go to insulin, I put myself as a "soy", until the endocrine told me to continue with the two,

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
07/03/2021 8:20 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Hello verukis and other compis of the chat,

I understand you perfectly and I also understand many other compis that you have contributed your opinion on the subject of the impossibility of losing weight.

I briefly explain my case and my circumstances, and I hope to help you:

I debuted with 32 years with D2 and the honeymoon lasted little, because at 2 years I started with D1 with Lantus at night and humalogy-lispro in each meal and at the same time I was diagnosed with other diseases (hypothyroidism, rheumatoid arthritis,Depression, cholesterol with simvastatin treatment, etc.) .... wow, a set of diseases (all autoimmune) and in my opinion all caused by the stress that I have suffered for many years due to personal circumstances and for work.Leaving all this apart, the theme of gaining and losing weight has accompanied me from the beginning.When I debuted I remember that I did not accept the disease and did not take care of me.I had a gly like you and I remember that I lost about 12 kilos becauseI weighed 76 kilos and measured 1.62 cm), this lasted little, because I realized the big mistake I was making for not accepting the disease and I began to follow the guidelines that the endocrine had scheduled and now that I am 44 years old I have achievedFor about 4 years control my diabetes and I have it between 6-7, but I have reached 93.5 kilos, a barbarity, because this is already considered obesity.

I always say that I already entered overweight the first day that the endocrine visited me, but the reality is that since I tried to control what as and follow the HC rations that the endocrine that won more than 20 kilos.

When I managed to control the diabetes, I told the endocrine that why had so much weight, and he literally told me, that it is the "toll" that I had to pay for lowering the gyted from 14 to 7. I told himHow could I lose weight and the only solution that gave me was to exercise and lower the doses of the ultra -grape that prick me

This in my case has not been easy and I still cannot get weight control and I think that the endocrine leave us quite helpless with the issue that on our own we have or play with the exercise and the amount of insulin that we click.Today I am unable to know how much I have to click to be able to exercise without the irrigation of giving me a hiccup or even many times without eating any hydrates has uploaded my glucose above 230 because of the mere fact ofdo exercise.They are from those things that I don't just understand.That is, if I shed Lispro, I can give me a descent depending on the exercise I do and if I do not punish, it turns out that the intensity of exercising causes you a very high glucose peak and then a radical descent, which leads you to have to ingestHC regulate blood glucose, with what we are in them, you eat and fattening and recover what you have been able to lose exercising.

The last time I talked to the endocrine again asked what I could do to lower the weight, since as you will understand when you have rheumatoid arthritis, all the joints hurt and the weight does not help and I derive the endocrinology nurse to look atAdjust the diet.My diet consists of 3 rations of HC to breakfast 1 ration in mid -morning 4 portions when eating 1 ration to the snack and 4 rations at night.The nurse who attended me told me that I could not lower the amount of HC because I was already very tight and that I could not do anything with the food that did more exercise.And that they only were responsible for performing diets to control sugar and not for weight loss, which for that hadthan to go to a nutritionist.And without more they gave me a visited and did not refer the nutritionist.

In the month of May of this year they operated on appendicitis and I spent a few days hospitalized and when I arrived home I started (I didn't have much appetite) to eat everything very very healthy, cream of vegetables, meat and grilled fish and withoutI realized I lowered the HC that I would eat.In 1 month and a half I have lost 6 kilos and the only explanation that I see is that I now eat foods that have less calories, not like so many HC and with which I do not have to prick so much fast insulin and that without exercising, becauseWith all this pandemic, the truth is that I get little.I'm a little on a tape that I have at home, but I have a sedentary life, teleworking and I move little.

The latter is what I wanted to comment, I have reduced the intake of HC and reduced the fast punctures, because of Lantus I continue to click 22 at night, but the fact of modifying my HC intake and choosing very well those that dothat as it has helped me lose weight.At the moment I will continue to see if I get a little more weight.

Thinking a lot about the subject, I did not understand why I had to eat the rations that the endocrine had scheduled, because many times I had no appetite and ate without feeling just because the doctor had structured it.Now my day to day is for example: breakfast a snack (3RAC) in mid -morning an apple and then the time of eating arrives and many times only as protein (fish or meat) and first vegetables (0rac), then melting a yogurtAnd dinner just as fruit and some protein but just to keep myself well during the night and not go down and without clicking.fast.In this way I have managed to lose weight.What I do is not right, but I had never eaten so well in my whole life.I am eating vegetables and grilled proteins and dairy and fruit.

I am not going to advise you to change your food because each one is different and each body is unique and exclusive.I have also seen many comments from guys who have said that they have not won weight and it is not for anything but we are quite different women and men metabolically speaking.A woman if she ate those amounts of calories that you comment we would be much more fat.Each body in unique and different and we cannot compare ourselves.

Veruki, I hope that my case has helped you or at least that has served you to see that you are not alone and that we are many that we have the same problem and that if we do not receive perhaps all the necessary help from doctorsAnd see you a bit desperate and abandoned in that sense.Without knowing how to solve it.

Greetings to all of the group.

Lada76's profile photo
Lada76
07/04/2021 12:36 p.m.

verukis said:
good days,

After a long time without control of my type I diabetes, only because of me, I stayed in a very low weight, as you know, having a disastrous control the calories ingested are expelled through the urine, hence the thinning.

I decided two years ago to reins again and carry good control and it happened that in two months I recovered almost 20 kilos and to this day I have been raising even more but little in little.

According to my endocrine, I must go up the Lantus units, but what happens?How much more lantus I get more fat and those kilos are not removed with diet.

Example, I have been 3 weeks to strict diabetic regime to see if I losing weight, since I am currently in a body mass index, which indicates that it starts to be overweight.What is my surprise when instead of losing weight what I do is gain weight, in this case 300 gr.

In these last two years I have made many types of diet suitable for a diabetic, that is, in which you can eat hydrates and I have not managed to lower anything.I don't follow a regime, I don't make excesses either, as less than a normal person and all healthy, I should lose weight little by little with this type of food or keep myself.

I would appreciate that people with my same problem or people who have happened to me and have as they have managed to stop the problem, or simply people who know what can be done.

My endocrine is limited to saying that insulin does not fat, a totally uncertain thing, since it is demonstrated, according to my header, that more injected more is usually fattened.

Thank you so much

Hello,
I am thinning, take a walk through @Deportmayoresonline on Instagram and with home and diet exercises you can lose weight.
You can talk to him privately.
In 5 months I have 10 cms of hip 10 waist and about 4 kilos.

Cristina Serrano's profile photo
Cristina Serrano
07/04/2021 1:08 p.m.

Verukis to gain weight 300gr I don't think you should see how to gain weight, rather it seems that you are staying in my opinion, not that you are getting fat.To us even with the rule we can vary the weight in more than one kilo when we have to come, fluid retention ... in short that a difference of 300gr and in three weeks I believe that with the diet you have managed not to continue climbing

Nila's profile photo
Nila
07/04/2021 6:44 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

This is a complicated issue, I don't know if insulins fattening or not, but I think the problem is almost always in what you eat and you spend.

My case:
I currently have insulin bomb and I have very good glycosylated and with a long time inside range, perfect.

Before having the bomb I had the highest glycosylated and with many variations, so it was always thin.Although I suppose poorly controlled diabetes, it tends to be thinner, at least in my case.
As a result of starting the pump I started gaining weight.

Together with the previous weight rise, I also suffer many hypoglycemia (an evil k I can't eliminate), which I have to deal with sugar, fruit juices with sugar and with everything k Pille k has sugar/carbohydrates, so every daySeveral times I get a huge amount of sugar and carbohydrates .. that fattens?I think k yes.

In total I have risen in a year 8 kg (I do not enter into overweight yet), that you do not see how it costs to go down, come on, exercise daily and there is no way, and with more logically more hypos and more sugar exercise, come on, a loop.

I see it as difficult, I keep trying, because those 8 kg affect me to self -esteem (I already have a belly) and my knees, which get more and more.

I am going to try making more strict diet and thus reducing the doses of insulin in the bowling, to see k pass.

Anyway, maybe it shouldn't be so important ... but I'm still trying.

JUAN DAVID 's profile photo
JUAN DAVID
07/05/2021 1:25 a.m.

@Juan David That is just what my titular endocrine tells me;If I exercise my glucose and I can enter hiccups, the hypo goes back eating, so what is burned by what comes back in.

The calories we eat affect and much, but in diabetes it does not work to eat less energy and spend more to reduce weight.I've been with this for 4 years and I have tried everything.

I have been putting a less insulin unit at each meal as a unity as the last one that touched me told me.The result at night not 180 and for the day, according to my hormones, I am fine.
So instead of an average glycemia of 123-126 with a glyc of 6.2, I get an estimate of 144-146, so glycars gives 6.8 approx.What she said, climb the glyc, but the weight remains the same even though I have been walking 8km/day and the weekend and canoeing that burns a lot.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/05/2021 8:37 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"Anibal Pellino" I think I remember that Dr Bernestein's diet is ketogenic, which implies eating fats, which although healthy, stay in the deposits because in my case I do not burn them and to me the fats are a lot of insulin,I have to replace continuously fast.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/05/2021 10:45 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I know the book, I have it in English, I have thrown another eye and it is ketogenic diet;only 3 rations of HC per day are ingested (6-12-12 g HC).That means entering ketosis and feeding the burning of fats ("good" greed of avocado, nuts, salmon, red meats ...) only low -hydrate vegetables and no fruit are allowed.
By burning fats to produce glycogen, weight is lost and ketones are released, with the risk of entering ketoacedosis and for a diabetic it is dangerous without medical control.

I was in ketosis weeks before the debut and lost 10 kg, but then I spent 15 days to eliminate ketones, and go wrong.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/05/2021 4:36 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello, I am in ketosis for 1 or 2 year.I advise you to rethink your knowledge on the subject.Ketosis and ketoacidosis are different, although it is true that in both cases there is a generation of ketones, but in the magnitude is the difference, just like lactic acidosis is not the same as the lactate generated by intense exercise.Look at the Ketogenic Diabetic Athlete blog, driving English you will see many answers that I think they will help you.A hug and luck

Alerr's profile photo
Alerr
07/05/2021 7:05 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.