{'en': 'Impossible to lose weight', 'es': 'Imposible adelgazar'} Image

Impossible to lose weight

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/01/2011 9:19 a.m.

I hang back what I found

[ b] weight gain.- Patients treated with insulin tend to gain weight.In the UKPDS, the intensive insulin control group had a greater weight gain (1,4-2.3 kg) than those treated with sulfonylureas or metformin.
In studies conducted with combined therapy of oral antidiabetics and insulin, the NPH Nocturna insulin administration was accompanied by lower weight gain than the administration of regular insulin or lispro before meals or that NPH in the morning, thus doing this way moreRecommended night administration of insulin in combined therapy.In different studies, less weight gain has been found with the insulin to detect than with the NPH or Glargina.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
10/20/2011 3:30 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

I have only registered to tell you that if you can lose weight being diabetic and that the rest is nonsense ... and then I have realized that this publication is a year ago: Oops:

marta233's profile photo
marta233
07/23/2012 2:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What a categorical statement ... thinks that, just as for you is nonsense, others have cost us a world.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/23/2012 5:20 p.m.

Well, I think this issue is old but I was looking for info and ended here.And I was looking for the Lantus fattening.I am thin, what for many would be very thin, but I have been with the Lantus for three years and I got a point 5 months ago and I noticed that I got fat at times, and I am honestly of a very narrow constitution I have always been very thin (my whole familyIt), and I would not like to add anything negative to being diabetic (which in itself has a few inconveniences).

My last hemo 5.1.The scheme case I do a diet of less than 1800 approx not to post but because as very healthy since I debuted and now I go to run with my husband and you know that .. Well, that I keep going up, and I assure you that running 10 km and thenEat some pods and fish by ... It is a negative balance l-) so I understand perfectly to all those who note those rare changes in your body, because they occur and also to each one very differently.
By the way, one more rarity where the insulin clicks the area (it will be lipodystrophy or whatever you want but it also happens to me), and I turn and also shed 7 points.And to finish my face and chest, explanation of my nurse, lipid redistribution because of diabetes! My face a poem.: -w I just want .. since I am now a diabetic, see me as before, that with my more and my least as everyone was happy.(By the way without moving my ass and eating more and worse, and now it seems that I will go to the Olympics) it is a feeling as an incomprehensible swelling.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
11/21/2014 7:05 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Sometimes weight changes are due to thyroid problems.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/21/2014 11:11 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I know @regina, but for now they give me perfect and it is a somewhat strange change, to continue observing.;)

pochola's profile photo
pochola
11/21/2014 11:15 a.m.

Uuffff !!!!As I feel identified with all these comments, I remember one day that I told my endo that it came less than 1200 lime.I His words were "I do not believe that you do not eat and fat" I have also made many diets and always without results.I have been hospitalized two days by a virus and I have spent three days without eating and what was my surprise that I climbed to the swinging and takes 2 kilos more !!!!!I thought that will be possible?Well yes.In the end I went to my header doctor because I was already so obsessed ....... and I am taking antidepressants for this issue, the truth is that now I think that it is not so much and that those who do not like that I do not look,What more than I do to like it and if it can't be ...... what will you do

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
11/22/2014 2:22 p.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

I encourage @belefe74 is an annoyance but do not forget that it is best to have a good hemo, and that the outside is only the wrapper, while we take care of ourselves, another thing would be to throw himself on the couch to Zampar all day, but if one strivesAnd you can't, you have to accept it and continue.A kiss

pochola's profile photo
pochola
11/25/2014 5:43 p.m.

Thanks Pochola.But it is so desperate when one does not look good .....
:( and on top of thinking that if I was not sick, it would be better.
But as I said before, who does not like that I do not look.

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
11/27/2014 9:41 a.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997

Belefe74, who could think like you!;) The problem is that there are many people who do not care what the rest think, but one, we don't like ourselves.And that is where the biggest problem is.I am very happy that you have known how to keep your mind cold!: D
So far I have been well controlled, but I am not able to go from everything and I am obsessed a lot for the physicist.I have spent all my adolescence regardless of my appearance and I obsess almost 30, I have bulimic behaviors and the diabetes is getting out of control.
I consulted it to my endo and it is he who has referred me to the psychiatrist.
Forgive that I am entrusting into this forum, is that it rays a lot and I feel that this surpasses me.And it can't be.Not for having a disease I have to pay everyone!So I've asked for help and I hope it serves me!
We must think that we are human, that this disease is a rollete, and that it is normal that sometimes we have the spirit a bit low.But if we detect that diabetes helps us for any other behavior that is not normal, I think you have to give it the importance it deserves and ask for help if necessary, to be able to stop it before it grows.
I have read in other issues that there are people who seem to have anxiety or even binge disorder.And anxiety can be treated.The bad thing is that our health does not always pay the attention that many need.
Anyway, much encourage everyone!:) :)

Cosi's profile photo
Cosi
11/29/2014 9:54 p.m.

Well, I am the same ... but with an added hypothyroidism.In two months I have risen 12 kilos, and now that it seems that hypothyroidism is controlled I still see that I am gaining weight.I am quite depressed with the subject.

Bollicaoo's profile photo
Bollicaoo
12/15/2014 2:52 p.m.

Hello chic@s
I am the same, since I debuted in 2010, I do not lose a gram, on the contrary, the more mascary is more about my most swollen glucose levels, I have spoken with my endocrine a thousand times, it is what distress me the most, but it is not so muchThe weight gain as the swollen and that is insulin, especially the slow

anicordoba's profile photo
anicordoba
12/17/2014 8:33 p.m.

I know that many people will think that the physical issue is a stupid, but I understand you, nobody likes to look bad, and less when one strives for it.I think that this disease has many collateral injustices and that, sometimes, we cannot with everything, it is true, but think one thing, perhaps among all we can help us and look for a solution, never think that because they are diabetic or have a worse physicist we areless.It is true that like another partner, I never care about taking care of my physique until I debuted, rare coconut things.I think that sometimes I have become so responsible and perfectionist that the clamp is leaving, when I speak it at home ... and with someone of trust, that you know that you have me here for whatever it takes, even if it is to talk aboutBurradas @belefe74, @cosi, we all fail the jar more than once so you never thought you are alone.You have to try to look for balance! The sport has helped me a lot, I encourage you

pochola's profile photo
pochola
12/22/2014 4:53 p.m.

Pochola thank you very much for your spirits.As I would be if it weren't for sport 8- |
With 3 hours of functional training and 8 from Pilates a week I think I'm going well, because running ...... As I don't like it much, besides my knee either allows me either.
It is true that this disease has many injustices, a sickness once told me that I had to get the idea of ​​being more chubby than other people and that it could not be like an 18 -year -old girl, I know.So good at the moment I will stay as I am and try not to go anymore: \ ">

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
12/23/2014 1:40 p.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997

I have not been able to outrak me a bit with some answers, since I have had exactly the same problem since I debuted 4 years ago.Before being diabetic measured 1.85 and weighed around 90-95 kg stable, and competed in contact sports.4 years later he had won almost 40 kg having an average of 7 glycosilada and training about 2 hours for 6 days a week, with a diet of about 1800 kcal (60% hydrates) and barely managed to lose weight.
My nurse did not believe it and I took him twice the exact diet of what he ate and hallucinated.My doctor just told me that "it was my genetic."
While it is true that we can always tighten the diet or exercise, and reflect on whether we are doing the right thing or if we can change something to better, to say that each person is a world and what works for one person, to another canBe that it does not work at all.
I am personally tired of the standard tips "if you do diet and exercise you have to lose weight, and if you are not doing well (or you lie and do not do as much as you say)."I would not dare to say this from ignorance:, I have studied nutrition and fitness, and I have been in my back for 15 years, and I think there are many not to say a lot of determining factors that must be valued to help a person to loseWeight, but nevertheless many doctors are limited to treating all their patients equally.

An example not to wind more: in my case to lose weight during the first two years I followed a diet of 1800 kcal (60% hydrates) and my main training consisted of aerobic exercise (basically running).Surely this sounds like you?Standard advice.However, he failed to lose weight, and when he barely lost 2 kg as the volume of exercise he hadHe recovered weight, increasingly with greater joint wear.After trying and investigating new methods, I prioritized weight training before aerobic exercise, making less than the latter and transforming it into HIIT (high -intensity aerobic exercise by intervals, about 30 min 3 days a week).I varied my Dienta and now consumption approx 1800 kcal but with 50% protein (compared to 30% that advised me).The result has been a weight loss at the same time as an increase in muscle mass (difficult thing normally, since when you lose weight you also lose muscle mass), less physical wear and further well -being.In short, it is very difficult for me, the fact of introducing an anabolic hormone in our body without regulating it (unlike what happens with non -diabetic people) perhaps if it generates a weight gain in some people.But encouragement that everything has a solution, you only need good professionals and the will to help.

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
12/30/2014 5:17 p.m.

"I have not been able to avoid" in the first sentence, it does not let me edit the post: _ Sorry!

FernandoGR
12/30/2014 6:20 p.m.

Fernando, you can edit or delete, clicking on the "ruedita" on the right.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/31/2014 1:47 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Be careful anyway with the diet rich in protein.I guess you will know but I tell you for the kidney.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
01/01/2015 8:13 p.m.

meginer said:
be careful anyway with the diet rich in protein.I guess you will know but I tell you for the kidney.

Hello partner, I do not know if you commented on me or by the author of the post: D, but in my case the microalbuminuria tests in urine always give good result, I especially consulted it with the doctor (in addition to the subject of supplementation) andAt the moment the thing is going very well.Of course, it is in my case, it is not applicable to all!

FernandoGR
01/08/2015 6:30 p.m.

Hello, I don't know exactly since this post is, but when I see it I have not been able to resist commenting.I feel very identified with everyone who says you take weight eating very little and playing sports.I am 20 years old and I am a diabetic since 11, it is true that I have gone through adolescence and all the hormonal processes that entails etc, but I had always been very thin and I have never stopped doing sports, and with those every time I have been fatteningMore and more and I am very clear that it is related to insulin.There was a time two years ago that I set out to lose weight first of all and I got it, I lowered 10 kg (weighed 50kg and I measure 1.64m) yes ... what was my diet?Navigated yogurt for breakfast, 2 slices of watermelon to eat and an egg tortilla, a can of natural tuna or other yogurt for dinner (if it was having dinner) ... of insulin or we talk, do we talk?9 units of Lantus and 0-2 of Humalog for meals.That is the price of wanting to be thinner with your diabetes, yes, the perfect glycosilada.

Result of all this?0 energy, 0 force, 0 mood ... always in a bad mood and on top of my metabolism!What happens when I decide to take a more normal way of life, do nutritionist diet and start playing again?(Of course, I stopped doing it because I could not with my soul) I begin to gain weight and gain weight and eating less than 1000 kcal a day normally (all of yogurts 0% of everything, fruits, vegetables, meat or grilled fish) Cojo 8kg!!And while the friends in McDonald, KFC, Tap here, Feldito over there and so great!

Insulin limits the thinning, I do not think that being fat is mandatory, but I do think it is enough, Super agree!

_10ea's profile photo
_10ea
08/28/2015 2:59 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.