{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

sigsauer said:
@"pgarcía" have you put some dress up the sensor to avoid allergy ...?These values ​​usually give them when the filament is not well inserted into the skin because it has not entered well or because it has been released for some reason, I tell you because it happened to me a couple of times .-

No. I have not decided to put anything under the sensor.Precisely because I am afraid that the filament does not insert well ... and I do not think that these errors have been because the filament has been released, because the sensor was firmly attached to the skin and when I took it especially in the filament and it wascorrectly inserted ...
The only positive part that these last two sensors have spoiled as soon, is that the arm was barely irritated or macerated.It is the only thing that comforts me.But I hope this new sensor released today will last a little longer ... :-(

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
01/25/2018 11:13 a.m.

Hijo con DM1 desde Mayo 2017, con 13 años.
Tresiba + Novorapid. Freestyle + Blucon.
Última hemo: 6,8(Noviembre 2018)

It also sounds like the error that points @"sigsauer"
There is some problem with the insertion of the safe filament ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
01/25/2018 11:24 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

jpr said:
also sounds like the error that points @"sigsauer"
There is some problem with the insertion of the safe filament ...

Well, I don't explain what it may have been ... because both sensors had normally inserted them, as always.And just so far to spoil they had given good and quite adjusted values ​​of the capillary ...

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
01/25/2018 2:33 p.m.

@"Pgarcía" The same has touched you a lot with a problem.Call customer service and change them.They have never put me problems.But keep the old ones because they ask you to send them to analyze them.And they will ask you the sensor serial number and look at the errors record that the reader gives.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/25/2018 2:36 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

It looks like a factory defect.
I have changed sensors for that.In my Low case.If the sensor would not be officially put 6 or 9 days.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/25/2018 4:56 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"PGARCÍA" You can look what error has given you the sensor, you go to configuration (upper right), system status, events and there tells you the mistake you have had, call Abbott and see what they tell you.Have you tried to change the site sensor?Thin people can have more problems when they put the sensor on the arm, maybe in gluteo would make the child better.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
01/25/2018 5:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you very much @"Runing50", I didn't even know that there was a record of events in the reader.I have done what you have told me and in the error of the first broken sensor says: er3,373, i.And in the error of the second broken sensor says: Er3,373, h.Tomorrow I will tell Abbott if they ask me.

On what you say about changing the site sensor, it is true that my son is very thin.But he has been using the freestyle for 6 months, and apart from the problem that the skin of the arm is battered when the sensor was removed, none had never spoiled us.

A few weeks ago we tried to put it in the buttock and it was fine, it gave measurements very tight to the capillary.But skin irritation is the same, and he doesn't want to put it Ahī because he says he finds it uncomfortable.So we returned to the arm, alternating them and looking for a healthy area ...

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
01/25/2018 9:18 p.m.

@"Pgarcia" When you talk to Abbott, tell them about irritation.
I read in another post that you can put competed or other thin adhesive on the skin and on the sensor but then you have to cover the sensor with another adhesive on itself.
Remove an applicator and the insertion needle is very long and sharp, there is no problem that the first adhesive prevents a good sensor placement.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/26/2018 8:24 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@"pgarcia" cula Ando you speak with Abbott tell them the irritation.
I read in another post that you can put competed or other thin adhesive on the skin and on the sensor but then you have to cover the sensor with another adhesive on itself.
Remove an applicator and the insertion needle is very long and sharp, there is no problem that the first adhesive prevents a good sensor placement.

Thank you very much @"ruthbia", yes, I have also read it about putting a Tegaderm film dress under the sensor.If there is no choice and irritation does not yield, it will be what it does for the next time.But of course, if I do that and despite having inserted the needle well, then because of h or the sensor it fails, I suppose that when I claim to Abbott I will have to shut up the dressing ... or do you know that Abbott considers "lawful"Put a dressing under the sensor, without that involving the replacement guarantee in case of malfunction?If so maybe ...

The same applies if you put it in the buttock ... Do you lose the replacement guarantee?

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
01/26/2018 8:33 a.m.

@"PGARCÍA" If you call Abbott to claim sensor, the sensor is "always placed" in the arm and without dressing or anything that interferes below because if they are not going to replace anything at all.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/26/2018 9:54 a.m.

I just called Abbott and they haven't put any problem.I have been asked to enter the event record of both my child's reader and mobile to tell them the error code and the failure time of each of the sensors.They have also asked me for serial number.And once I have given them all this data, on the march they have processed the sending of two replacement sensors.

I have thank you and I have asked them if they had any idea what the problem could have been.They have answered me (almost even seemed to be apologizing) that although the sensor seems to the naked eye a very simple little thing, it is not really and carries a fairly complex and sensitive mechanism that can fail by a very varied casuistry.And that for that they were there, to solve the problems to the users.

A wonder, come on.They have treated me in luxury.I do not know if I have been lucky enough to find an extremely friendly person on the other side of the phone, or if it is the general treatment that by company policy give to all customers.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
01/26/2018 4:51 p.m.

It happens to me about the shower, my son how much we bathe gives him higher values ​​in the sensor than in blood.And one night I also happened to us that it was all the time in Low, we did it several times in blood throughout the night and was always around 90, the next morning was calibrated alone and did not give againFailures

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
01/26/2018 5:51 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

Yesterday I received the sensors, 12 days after the order, it has not been as serious as the previous time.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
01/27/2018 9:37 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Yesssica_a said:
@"pgarcía" The same has touched you a lot with a problem.Call customer service and change them.They have never put me problems.But keep the old ones because they ask you to send them to analyze them.And they will ask you the sensor serial number and look at the errors record that the reader gives.

Hello.I just spent the one I was wearing.Several readings of the and capillary 65. Call the customer service.They told me to do the check in a pharmacy.The 146 capillary and the free 95. I called again and they told me that I was within the differences of I do not know what a lock of an independent agency of Abbott.But that just changed it to me.The deal seemed very good.All the best

diegomiquel's profile photo
diegomiquel
01/28/2018 11 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde hace 25 años 6,4 Hb1aC

diegomiquel said:
Yesssica_a said:
@"pgarcía" The same has touched you a lot with a problem.Call customer service and change them.They have never put me problems.But keep the old ones because they ask you to send them to analyze them.And they will ask you the sensor serial number and look at the errors record that the reader gives.

Hello.I just spent the one I was wearing.Several readings of the and capillary 65. Call the customer service.They told me to do the check in a pharmacy.The 146 capillary and the free 95. I called again and they told me that I was within the differences of I do not know what a lock of an independent agency of Abbott.But that just changed it to me.The deal seemed very good.All the best

Of course they have to change you.It is a difference that, no matter how accepted they always say, is inadmissible in an interstitial measurement sensor.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
01/28/2018 11:09 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Hello, I have used free freestyle but in the last 2 it has fallen in 8 days leaving a very red burn in my skin, with itching it looks like an allergy, I no longer want to put another one if knowing what happens to me.There is someone with this reaction thanks greetings

acinco's profile photo
acinco
01/28/2018 6:01 p.m.

At 11 days, he started to scan within 10 minutes.
With itching it looks like an allergy, I don't want to put another one if knowing what happens to me.There is someone with this reaction thanks greetings

Fco_Javier_8888's profile photo
Fco_Javier_8888
01/28/2018 7:19 p.m.

But do you have

acinco said:
hello you have already used the free freestyle but in the last 2 it has fallen in 8 days leaving a very red burn on my skin, itching with itchIt looks like an allergy, I don't want to wear another if knowing what happens to me.There is someone with this reaction thanks greetings

But has you fallen, has you taken off, or has your needle out because of irritation?Have you come to give you the error message before?

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
01/28/2018 7:50 p.m.

Mine was perfectly stuck and without irritation

Fco_Javier_8888's profile photo
Fco_Javier_8888
01/28/2018 10:34 p.m.

@"Acinco" There are multiple cases of irritations and allergies to the adhesive of free and dexcom.Although I do not put anything on me, when I take it red, the area where I carry the sensor and it takes about 15 days to take off even applying some cream that gave me the dermatologist.-

@"Pgarcía" The first sensor with the Hansaplast antirozaduras under the sensor seems to have gone well and it has not been practically marked or irritation except for the kinesiotope that I carry on to protect it and it does not fall that I always leave me a little reddened thezone but with a little rose oil and aloe vera leaves quickly.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/28/2018 10:42 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.