{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

Thank you very much for commenting @"sigsauer"!Did you make hole in the middle, or is it easily transferred with the needle?That is what is most about me, but I have already read here in the forum that there are a few users who do not make hole.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
01/28/2018 10:51 p.m.

Hijo con DM1 desde Mayo 2017, con 13 años.
Tresiba + Novorapid. Freestyle + Blucon.
Última hemo: 6,8(Noviembre 2018)

@"Pgarcía"

I do not play it and with some small scissors I make a small hole in the middle although this dressing looks like the needle raises the needle than the tegaderm that although it is finer is also more elastic and I already loaded a couple of sensors.-

For the dressing to stick better I also put it before or a layer of Nobecuta or Skin Tac liquid because it keeps in mind that the sensor will be stuck on the dressing and not on the skin.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/29/2018 8:45 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you very much for the clarifications @"sigsauer", I thank you very much.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
01/29/2018 9:21 a.m.

Thank you very much for the explanations I will rest for a few days and then I will follow this advice thanks greetings

acinco's profile photo
acinco
01/29/2018 10:02 a.m.

A question is the Liquid Skin Capa or Skin is on top of the skin, thank you?

acinco's profile photo
acinco
01/29/2018 10:40 a.m.

Yes, first a layer of Nobecuta or Skin Tac, when it is dry I hit the dressing antirozaduras and then the sensor ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/29/2018 11:52 a.m.

Perfect thanks.

acinco's profile photo
acinco
01/29/2018 6:05 p.m.

I have always treated Abbott's well and I have been replacing behind my backs.
I am lucky that the adhesive does not irritate my skin but the needle that lasts months leaves me.I look like a strainer.
I use running tape that allows the skin to perspire and its adhesive does not give me allergy and removes alcohol.I get quite a moisturizer in the area after chiring it and I have not had problems in the gluteans.In my arms if it produces reaction.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/30/2018 8:04 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hi, I also share the same, whenever I have called Abbott, a great deal and now with this problem the same.I hope to solve this allergy with these tips and continue using these sensors greetings to all.

acinco's profile photo
acinco
01/30/2018 9:32 a.m.

I have used it with my diabetic son and is a real fraud.The difference in values ​​between direct blood obtain.By the way, every time I have called this problem, they have always asked me if the patient has needed hospitalization or medical treatment.They send me a new sensor, and start again.
At no time do they question the reliability of the device, only the sensor, but it is useless to send it to me for free, because as the measurements are not reliable, I continue with the simultaneous control of the punctures.
This is a business in which the patient's health is put at risk.I have already initiated the relevant claim for my autonomous community to keep in mind the disbursement of money of all to fill your pockets a multinational and that does not occur to it in the public system, as they are thinking, for minors.
If I had seen the videos hanging on You Tube about this, it would certainly not have taken the step.Although I paid about € 300, my son's health is above all.And they playing monopoly.

pcaceresfernandez's profile photo
pcaceresfernandez
02/01/2018 7:54 p.m.

After giving this many, for the economic issue, I have done with this system;I am waiting for me to arrive.Any recommendation/advice for a rookie?

Alb85's profile photo
Alb85
02/02/2018 11:58 a.m.

- 32 años. Diabético Tipo 1 desde los 9 años.
- Tratamiento:
Tresiba (14 unidades)
Humalog (según actividad, glucosa, comida...)
- Mediciones: Accu-chek aviva y Freestyle libre

@"pcaceresfernandez" and @"alb85": A great advice that I have learned in this forum thanks to users who have been using freestyle for a long time, is that you always have to activate it at a time of stable glucose levels.

Since you activate it, the sensor spends the next 60 minutes by internally calibrating its measurements before offering the first.So it is very important that those 60 minutes coincide with a "quiet" moment for glucose levels.That is, it is not worth activating just before or after eating, or just before or after exercising .... I have checked it with my son's sensors: the lag between capillary level and sensor is much greater when it has activated it ina "inopportune" moment.

And finally just wish you that you do not have skin irritation problems because of the sensor's adhesive.It is a real annoyance :-(

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
02/02/2018 12:11 p.m.

@"Alb85" Apart from what the compis have told you, and although it has already been put in this thread, I remind you that the Sendor has a 15 -minute gap with respect to the capillary, so to be able to compare them you first do a testCapillary and at 15 minutes with the free, the gap that gives you guides you a bit with respect to the rest of the measurements, although they are generally calibrated on the safety side, that is, they tend to leave you from less to avoid the hypos.It is also important that where you wear it you have quite "chicha" since it gives you more precision, at least in my case I am thin.By the way, when have you asked for it?Because I asked for it on January 22 and I still have no news of them, it seems that they continue with delays.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
02/02/2018 1:13 p.m.

Thanks @"pgarcía" and @"runing50".
On what you ask me, Runing50, I have asked for this week and, from what you tell me, I'm going to wait.:))

Alb85's profile photo
Alb85
02/02/2018 3:28 p.m.

- Tratamiento:
Tresiba (14 unidades)

Hello.In the end I call and change my sensor.But it turns out that the reader is not going well either.It does not let me make hair.Total that also change it to me.They also send me another box of strips because they do not trust that the box sent to me this perfect, although they are not expired.I'm still waiting for shipping.I also made a sensor order on January 23 and I have not yet received the shipping confirmation mail.They must be with problems again.All the best

diegomiquel's profile photo
diegomiquel
02/04/2018 10:50 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde hace 25 años 6,4 Hb1aC

Another important advice is to paste the sensor 24 hours before activating it.Thus the filament is impregnated well with liquid.
If blood goes out, you will have hair measures in the sensor when you activate it in a stable hour.I actively activate it the night, at dawn that I am stable and calm.
I get the same measures between capillary and sensor.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/04/2018 8:49 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thanks @"ruthbia".
I sign it too.

Alb85's profile photo
Alb85
02/05/2018 10:35 a.m.

- Tratamiento:
Tresiba (14 unidades)

alb85 said:
After giving this many, for the economic issue, I have done with this system;I am waiting for me to arrive.Any recommendation/advice for a rookie?

I would simply tell you to put it normal.You can do it 24h before but in my view it is not necessary, I never do it and the sensor is absolutely precise from the first moment, you could have a small difference on the first day with respect to capillary, but nothing important, all readings mustBeing within the same range of blood glucose with respect to capillary during the 14 days.Look for an hour in which you are stable and during the 60 minutes of calibration you do not perform any activity or commas, I think it is quite important, as @ruthbia tells you.
I don't know the blood, I have never bleeding when I apply the sensor and they all work with the capillary, so I can't tell you anything there.
I think that in the interstitial measurement some work worse than others by physiological factors, because I have usually read and read things of the freestyle that I have never experienced.There are people that the first day the sensor measures them with capillary glycems of 120, but that has never happened to me.
Also keep in mind that the more stable you are in your glycemia, the more correlation they will have capillary and sensor measures and that they do not have to coincide the readings.Also keep in mind that type readings, for example, 107 in sensor and 122 capillary, 195 sensor and 209 capillary ... etc ... suppose the same blood glucose, do not believe that if that happens to you there is some kind of errorIn the sensor.
Surely you will be very happy, Freestyle is very precise and helps a lot in our day to day.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
02/05/2018 3:13 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Thanks @"jpr".
I will tell here when I arrive and have tried it.

Alb85's profile photo
Alb85
02/05/2018 6:15 p.m.

- Tratamiento:
Tresiba (14 unidades)

Who is interested for, the FreeLink app for iOS in the App Store is available.I already have it installed on the iPhone and it is great !!!

JPR's profile photo
JPR
02/05/2018 9:19 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.