{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

Hahaha .. how good @"rake" gives me that they have sent it to all customers from an X number of purchased sensors.

I am going to return the one who expires tomorrow.It has begun to measure well to day 8 for use but I paid for 14 days, not by 6. Reviewing the graphics, SW failures and their recalibrations are seen.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/18/2018 8:31 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
How do the sensors that sent you late?
To my fatal.I have differences from 20 to 170mg/dl.Today I gave me 168mg/dl but I felt lazy... And rightly, the capillary gave me 74 !!!!

It is the first time in almost two years that they fail me and they do not help me control.I don't know if it is a quality escape or what but I have 2 used of the last shipment of 6 and fatal.
I do not claim it because with the margins of tolerance so great that they authorize they will tell me that they enter as much as possible.

To my son the freestyle has just failed "replace the sensor. The sensor does not work. Remove the sensor and start a new one."
And casually it was one of the sensors that arrived with a month late ...

The sensor was placed for 9 days, and it has not taken off or has given any blow or anything ... This morning it worked well, and has stopped working suddenly just before eating.

It is the first time this happens to us.Do you know if it usually happens, for no justified reason?And in these cases it should be reported to Abbott to send me a replacement sensor?
Thank you.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
01/18/2018 5:52 p.m.

Hijo con DM1 desde Mayo 2017, con 13 años.
Tresiba + Novorapid. Freestyle + Blucon.
Última hemo: 6,8(Noviembre 2018)

It has never happened to me but since any electronic device can have failures of this type.Obviously you have to call Abott and they will ask you for the error code.They have to replace the sensor without any problem since they guarantee the operation for 14 days.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
01/18/2018 6:35 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

@"Pgarcía" I spend exactly that once, in addition I also believe that at 9 days of having it.I called Abbott and they replaced me without problems, I had to send them, in a frank bag they sent me about it, the sensor that had given error.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
01/18/2018 10:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you very much, @"jpr" and @"Runing50", I will.I hope Abbott replaces it.

I have the doubt of how these cases are managed in the CC.AA. where Freestyle is financed by Social Security.If the sensor faces you at 9 days, do you go to the health center and change it to another?Or do you also have to claim Abbott?

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
01/19/2018 12:02 a.m.

We return with supply problems, I made an order on the 15th and I have no news of them ...

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
01/22/2018 2:48 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@"Nigiri" Thank you for.Out of curiosity have you asked for 4 or 6?

@"PGARCÍA" If you buy a brand of brand known in a large warehouse, and spoils, you go to the warehouse to change it since it is the one who has sold it to you, then they will be in charge of claiming the manufacturer, that by law by law.Well, here it had to be the same, you should go to the health center to change it to another, then they are understood with Abbott.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
01/22/2018 5:02 p.m.

I made the order of 4 without shipping costs @"runing50"

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
01/22/2018 6:56 p.m.

Well, I asked for the 9 of 4 sensors without shipping costs and it came without delay.In addition now they have been with a lot of date, mine had until October or November.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/22/2018 7:17 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

How lucky @"yesssica_a" I have not sent me the mail that I have left the warehouse, thankfully I have the newly put and a new one, I hope that at that time they arrive.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
01/22/2018 9:47 p.m.

Hi @pgarcía.I don't know if it will be the same with the freestyle, but with the catheters of the insulin bomb, when they are wrong, we get in touch with the commercial house to replace them, not with the hospital ....

erpla's profile photo
erpla
01/23/2018 11:13 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

erpla said:
hello @pgarcía.I don't know if it will be the same with the freestyle, but with the catheters of the insulin bomb, when they are wrong, we get in touch with the commercial house to replace them, not with the hospital ....

Thanks for your answer @"erpla".
Well, I hope that the catheter shop

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
01/23/2018 12:18 p.m.

@"Pgarcia" I have claimed several sensors and the replacement order comes out in the same phone call.They do not manage it.
Even for the SS you can give you the number and lot so that they are managed with the entity that is.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/23/2018 7:58 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@"pgarcia" I have claimed several sensors and the replacement order comes out in the same phone call.They do not manage it.
Even for the SS you can give you the number and lot so that they are managed with the entity that is.

Ahh, ok @"ruthbia", thank you very much for the clarification.As I always like to put things in black on white, the email seemed to me the best option to claim, and I also took the opportunity to attach a photo of the box with the sensor standard and a screenshot of the error message.

But if it turns out that by email they do not manage these things, then what I will do tomorrow will be to call the telephone attention number.
Thank you so much.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
01/23/2018 9:13 p.m.

My mother, the sensor was spoiled again last night, the one who had been put 6 days after the previous one failed.At 10 at night he began to give values ​​of almost 600, and soon after "sensor error".

That is, two sensors spoiled in less than a week.The first with 9 days and the second with 6 days.The placement was correct, they were not at all detached, they did not give them any blow ... suspiciously both belong to the same shipment (that of the famous delay) and are the same manufacturing lot.Everything indicates that they have a defect or tara ...

From Abbott I have been answered that I contacted them by telephone and have the reader at hand because they are going to ask for the reader's serial number.I do not understand why, since what fail is the sensors, both scanned with the reader and with the free mobile.Anyway ... I will call you tomorrow Friday afternoon, because the rest of the days of the week in working hours I am not with my son and logically it is he who takes the reader.

I hope Abbott gives me an adequate response to this incidence.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
01/25/2018 9:41 a.m.

@"PGARCÍA" Did you give you values ​​of 600 in the reader?

JPR's profile photo
JPR
01/25/2018 10:31 a.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

jpr said:
@"pgarcía" gave you values ​​of 600 in the reader?

No. In my son's reader and mobile only he puts High and does not give you the exact value.But in the notification that reaches my mobile that I have installed the LibreLinkup, there it does tell me the specific value.And I just access the FreeView cloud and I have exported to file the values, and there also puts it, 500 to be exact, not almost 600 as I remembered.Although I would swear that in the notification of my freeLinkup I put 580 and peak.But I can't recover it so I can't assure you.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
01/25/2018 10:44 a.m.

And has not been normalized later?
It never happens to me, but there are people who have reported abrupt climb when showering or subjected to the sensor at very high temperatures (hot water from the shower, for example).

Save this capture in case Abott asks you, it is very clarifying.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
01/25/2018 11:02 a.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

@"JPR" With the previous sensor, the opposite happened before giving error, he went down instead from upward:

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
01/25/2018 11:03 a.m.

@"PGARCÍA" have you put some dressing under the sensor to avoid allergy ...?These values ​​usually give them when the filament is not well inserted in the skin because it has not entered well or because it has been released for some reason, I tell you because it happened to me a couple of times.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/25/2018 11:05 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.