{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

I think how Beti in part what they had to finance everything or part and that each one has the one who wants.
We must respect the opinions around the world always with respect and education, we are not all equal or need the same.
Formerly we paid 75 pesetas for the strips boats, namely what cost them.
With the MCG they should do the same.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/21/2014 1:37 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@Hansolo respect what you say, of course, but as you can see I do not share it.I think you are taking your opinion too much to the extreme.It is no longer a simple "that the free freestyle ss for all", but a "SNS there are many advances that allow diabetics to lead a better life or, simply, a life."

And it is that economically would also get better.In your blog you say that "today, buy 4 boxes of strips a month for a type 1 comes out (we get all the Spaniards) infinitely cheaper than 2 free sensors for € 120".Surely, just as there will be agreements and whatever with the manufacturing companies of strips, they could also be done with Abott.Everything is to reach an agreement.

Of course you have to do studies that support the meter but if you do not start somewhere you will never get anything.

Perhaps it could have been done better but I think you must respect that someone "lifts the voice" and expresses what many (not all) diabetics want.
And I suppose that Freestyle's name was added to the request for limiting and focusing on one.Also start already asking Dexcom to be too much (€).

I simply put the link because it seemed to me that it was a good initiative in order to make public and spread that a continuous meter can significantly improve our day to day.

lalala8's profile photo
lalala8
11/22/2014 1:52 p.m.

Dando guerra desde 1993 - DM1 desde 1998 - Bombera desde noviembre 2013.

I did sign that request, because somewhere you have to start. They can give you to choose between the free or the strips.Once we have a continuous meter in the SNS, there will be time to improve it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/22/2014 4:30 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

For me, it is a faithful reflection of how a lobby works.

ABBOTT campaign attacks on many fronts.For me, although "rebound" can benefit some, those who are "pushing" are directly and indirectly the laboratory.There is no talk of continuous measurement, there is talk of the "free" (when I have already exposed, as a product, for me, it is lower than the competition, which can do the same, and more), with name and surname.
And it is not surprised that if Dexcom is mentioned, Medtronic (or whatever), many get nervous (Abbott) ... Let's see, they are not doing this campaign (which is nothing free) to come another product (I do not enterIf better or worse, that in this case I think it is better) and take advantage.

I only want them to offer free, and the one who is in a position to use it but does not want toTasty (that the SS gives me 240 euros every month, and I will fix myself until 370, or the 315 with subscription which would do, that for 75 euros every 2 months, I would have what I need).

But in this assembly that are carried out, their numbers, etc ... as I already explained, that you believe, that if Dexcom (for being the one I know) they propose to enter the SS does not match the price of Abbott, 240euros the box?That does "but already" (remember that with a subscription, the public is already sold at 315 euros).But nothing has been tried -which for me also denotes a passive attitude of the distributor, although fighting a laboratory, then ....-, and the doctors who now "charge" (forgive, receive gifts) to giveTo know the flash, if they analyze all the data (which do not, in fact many or know these systems) I think they would ask what they make this product (good) when there are better (more expensive, but ...The doctor's function is not to discuss prices, it is to offer the options, and they are not doing that).

Anyway, we see the tip of the iceberg, and also, well manipulated.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
11/22/2014 6:07 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Pablo, there is all the manipulation you say, but this is a very large push to continuous measurement.Until now it was not proposed to finance the SNS, because neither the endocrine advised it.I would also prefer that they finance the Dexcom, but as you say they lacked initiative in this market.
What matters is that continuous measurement begins to use and is accepted as a remarkable improvement in treatment.It would be a very important step.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/22/2014 6:25 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Regina, now it is not proposed that the free one is financed by the SS, according to my endocrine who is chief of service, to finance the SS not to mention the hairdresser, they are our speculation ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/22/2014 6:38 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Already, gala, but that is known to improve this treatment ...The fact that the glucometers of strips were financed by the SS was a step forward, the continuous measurement has to be another.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/22/2014 6:44 p.m.

Of course, it is a step but that we are going, according to my endocrine, nor does it consider today to include it, things are fine ....

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/22/2014 7:31 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I follow Hansolo in his Jedi blog and find his logical and well reasoned points of view.
I like to follow him in his blog and read his impressions, his measurements, his comparisons and his opinions from his point of view;I think it must be taken into account.
And on the other hand I also agree with Regina to sign the request: somewhere you have to start;We will go or the course will be reconditioned when we have started walking ....

josebas's profile photo
josebas
11/24/2014 10:59 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

lalala8 said:
@hansolo respect what you say, of course, but as you can see I do not share it.I think you are taking your opinion too much to the extreme.It is no longer a simple "that the free freestyle ss for all", but a "SNS there are many advances that allow diabetics to lead a better life or, simply, a life."

I think that the extreme is carried out by the one who signs that little meditated request.We can't go our heads and ask for a brand of meters.And if.Indeed, there are advances.And in the same way that in their day the reactive strips that meant an incredible improvement with respect to those that measured us in urine, now the evolution continues and will end the interstitial measurement.But it does not accelerate the least because someone in a messy way asks that one of the different options enter.Doing the work to Abbott does not correspond to us.You have to have a cold head when things are claimed.

lalala8 said:
Maybe it could have been done better but I think you must respect that someone "lifts the voice" and expresses what many (not all) diabetics want.

But never so, things have to do them well.And if not, better not to do them and wait.

lalala8 said:
I simply put the link because it seemed to me that it was a good initiative in order to make public and spread that a continuous meter can significantly improve our day to day.

I did not know that you had put the Change link in this forum, but do not feel alluded to, because my criticism goes in a general way towards the proposal itself.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/25/2014 10:04 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Hello ... I just came from the head doctor (with whom I have enough confidence, the typical in the villages) for a subject of my wife ... and took the opportunity to release me (before I did it, because I was going to ask him"A Saco") "If I was aware of the latest advances in diabetes" ... to which I replied "you will not talk to the Abbott's flash" :).Indeed, that is the "great advance" ... I have given a small friendly rapopoly -insist, takes me since childhood -, of what the product offers (without manual alarms and measurements), which costs (240 euros 4 sensors), What it does ... and of the alternative (Dexcom, in my case, the Archaic Seven Plus of 7 years ago that for me, it is still very "superior") that neither he remembered nor knew that there was something like that,And that years ago he would teach it (marketing).In the end ... I was right (I had no arguments), and he told me that I had tickets to end in the SS (it does not surprise me, where there is a "good plug" that the qualified ones take off)

That is the difference ... in a small town comes the flash of Abbott ... rather, the traveler, with its corresponding commission-regalo, while the Dexcom remains known in ... another continemeally (despite the fact thatSy

This way we are ... if Dexcom hired little Nicolás as relationships ... another rooster would sing to us.Because in this country, it is not attended to reason, only commission.If there really were anti -corruption laws ... because if it ends in the SS, exclusively (if they let me continue with my dexcom paying difference, I admit it) it is to look at it, sincerely.

Anyway ... I go to the healthy doctor and get mosqueado :(

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
12/01/2014 12:34 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

The only thing that I like about free and that I thank you is that this summer half beach goes with patches on the beach, ha ha, well if I keep putting them where they now do not look.
Ah!The head doctor told me that to make the alarms valu, which is the same as if you pass it through the arm, I went from discussing him.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/01/2014 1:03 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

When I read you about the continuous meters, I want to go back to Spain ....
When I told my son's endo in October, he told me that it was not very useful because they were expensive to maintain and then people left them ... and I thought "and you know if I can afford itor not? "... not to mention that I am talking about the bomb and where do you come apple I bring .... :(

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
12/01/2014 4:44 p.m.

Mamá de diabético. 15-10-2013. Lucas 6 años.
Hija de diabético. 73 años y diabético desde los 20!!

Where do you live, Zoilo?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/01/2014 8:44 p.m.

The truth is that this happens with diabetes products.Economic interests?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/01/2014 9:38 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

regina said:
where do you live, zoilo?

In Lisbon, Portugal

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
12/02/2014 11:14 a.m.

Mamá de diabético. 15-10-2013. Lucas 6 años.
Hija de diabético. 73 años y diabético desde los 20!!

I already ended the second sensor, which was quite similar to the first.On Thursday I put on the third sensor, and, surprise!From the first moment the measurements are perfect, less than 10 in all.I've been with him and all of him for five days.I will not want to take it off ...

What differences are there for the other two?Well, the only thing I see is going around is that they are from another rough, it is the second purchase that I have made and that the others did not put them in the inside of the arm, but a little more on the side.

Aryi's profile photo
Aryi
12/02/2014 11:33 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Bomba insulina Medtronic

Good, I am investigating a little about NFC technology, I have seen that the freestyle goes by NFC, and I would like to see if there is any way to read the glucose with the NFC of the mobile and thus we can leave the device at home.What happens that I don't have the freestyle, so I wonder if you can do me a favor.
Some who have it can be installed on an Android mobile with NFC a program called NFC Taginfo by NXP.Once installed and with the NFC of the active mobile, give it to scan, pass it through the patch and see what information it gives.It gives us 3 data I think I remember, among them what type of NFC uses and if our mobile is able to read the data or not.You take 2 minutes if you can do the favor.Thank you.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
12/05/2014 8:51 a.m.

banhop said:
good, I am investigating a little about NFC technology, I have seen that freestyle goes by NFC, and I would like to see if there is any way to read the glucose with the NFC of the NFC of the NFC of themobile and so we can leave the device at home.What happens that I don't have the freestyle, so I wonder if you can do me a favor.
Some who have it can be installed on an Android mobile with NFC a program called NFC Taginfo by NXP.Once installed and with the NFC of the active mobile, give it to scan, pass it through the patch and see what information it gives.It gives us 3 data I think I remember, among them what type of NFC uses and if our mobile is able to read the data or not.You take 2 minutes if you can do the favor.Thank you.

Here I put the screen scanning screenshots.Let's see if you get something useful from this.

All the best

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/05/2014 8:28 p.m.

Milk.Let's see those computer scientists that discover ... because I na.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
12/05/2014 10:23 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.