{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

What you come telling seems much more erratic than Dexcom's behavior.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
12/18/2014 11:28 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Well, if considerable money is being paid for not having to puncture your fingers continuously, and you have to continue doing it the same ........ Well, the batteries could already put on and fix that.
To continue the same I stay as I am!

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
12/18/2014 11:20 p.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

I am reporting all my experiences on my Facebook page.And yesterday I put a screenshot of one of the last measurements: 142 the free and 315 in blood !!!!He is going worse as the days go by.This matter of the erratic of the sensors is beginning to be worrying, Auqnue is also true that we do not know what percentage of users affects them.But with my individual experience I have been wearing 7 sensors (I am one of the most experience in free) and it has been the following:

Sensor 1: Perfect.awesome.A 10
Sensor 2: Perfect.equally impressive.another 10
Sensor 3: Just as good as the previous ones.another 10.
Sensor 4: Crazy.It did not work from minute 1 of day 1 to day 14. All evil.unacceptable differences of up to 50%.A 0.
Sensor 5: Regular.Acceptable, but above the promised.It was approx a 20-25% deviation.A 5
Sensor 6: The same as the previous one.Similar deviation percentages, around 20%.another 5
Sensor 7: unacceptable.Unlike sensor 4 that was consistent and always marked 45-50% less than real glycemia, in this the values ​​are disparate and erratic, and as soon as it gives me a 20% deviation (it is not getting close much more than that)as 50% (see what I published last night at FB Link 0.

In conclusion;This matter is producing a certain confusion.Forgetting what happened to others and what percentage of affected sensors have, my particular statistics throw me 30% of unacceptable sensors, which really is not a little.I hope that in Abbott they can give solutions to this issue.I was impressed when I first tried it with the values ​​I showed.I don't understand this matter.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
12/19/2014 11:36 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Well, it is rare, it occurs to me that they have defective sensor games because of the rush of wanting to supply everyone.Because it makes no sense that some go very well and others very badly leading more or less the same life.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
12/19/2014 12:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, I just think it depends on many factors (which I do not know or can demonstrate) such as the person, the time, the external temperature ...
To me that someone explains why my Dexcom sensors on the left side of the belly marked worse than in the right ... and that someone explains why this last year, they begin to mark well (after 6 years with that differencevery clear).I also believe that the temperature and climate influences (the same as insulin ... winter comes for example, and I am there insulin, and in summer I lack).

I also believe that the result of a product is long term ... and much more in these types of devices.As someone already commented here, a test of a few months can take you mistake (in any sense, thinking that it is bad, or thinking that it is good) and when you use it many months or a year, it is when you really know and value the operation.I think these systems (I speak for the Dexcom, and I suppose that the free will be similar) they require enough learning and not "short experiences", which will not be conclusive, and more with this variability, which is not new either ... a simple stripglucose measurement reactive, if we scored and compared with several meters, we would surely have strips boats with a bestial error, and others not so much.Once the experience is long and constant ... that's when you see how a device really works.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
12/19/2014 4:12 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Unfortunately there is a clear problem with free or fix it or will be a failure.Many people are going to feel disappointed.I think that all limitations to sale go for there are these failures are unacceptable and that is why they have limited sales or control the problem of sensors or free will be a good idea that failed as it happened to, C8.Sad but true.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
12/19/2014 8:08 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

hansolo said:

Sensor 7: unacceptable.Unlike sensor 4 that was consistent and always marked 45-50% less than real glycemia, in this the values ​​are disparate and erratic, and as soon as it gives me a 20% deviation (it is not getting close much more than that)as 50%.

Do you plan to move on to Dexcom if the thing does not improve?:-?

To me the first 2 also gave me incredibly exact values, to freak out, with variations of only 2 or 3 units many times.But now I go for the third and they are almost always giving me 30% below the capillary, sometimes 40% :(. I hope not to suffer sensors like the seventh you tried.

I do not know, the same people who hired to quickly increase the production of sensors are not as prepared as the previous ones.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/19/2014 8:49 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

How bad! So much advertising and then you can't trust.
Something happened with the manufacture of sensors ...
If you don't know what it is, we are going.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/21/2014 1:58 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello someone has tried to put the sensor on elsewhere other than in the arm?For example in the belly.
How did it go?Give the same results?

maca's profile photo
maca
12/25/2014 6:58 p.m.

maca said:
HELLO ANYONE HAS TRY TO PUT THE SENSOR ON THE SIDE other than IN THE ARM?For example in the belly.
How did it go?Give the same results?
Hello maca,
I carry the last one in the thigh and the truth is giving very good readings.

chema's profile photo
chema
12/25/2014 9:01 p.m.

chema said:
I the last one takes it in the thigh and the truth is giving very good readings.

What part of the thigh have you put it on?And how is comfort compared to the arm?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/26/2014 4:13 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

sherpa41 said:
chema said:
the last one I carry it in the thigh and the truth is giving very good readings.

What part of the thigh have you put it on?And how is comfort compared to the arm?

I carry it in the front, upper zone- for me, much more comfortable
& lt;

chema's profile photo
chema
12/26/2014 9:41 p.m.

Well, I'm!, I planned to buy it at the beginning of the year.I have a nurse partner at work that is type 1 diabetic (he has two sisters and the two type 1 diabetics also), and he speaks to me wonders of him (also the sister), his measurements are almost equal to those of capillary blood.But with what you say I don't know whether to wait to see if they perfect the matter.: |

meginer's profile photo
meginer
12/28/2014 1:46 a.m.

sherpa41 said:

To me the first 2 also gave me incredibly exact values, to freak out, with variations of only 2 or 3 units many times.But now I go for the third and they are almost always giving me 30% below the capillary, sometimes 40% :(.

Well, the room is even worse :(

I am about to take it out because I do not stop marking "Low" being at 110 and 60 being 170. Instead of helping me it makes me more difficult day and day and I have to continue capillaries continuously.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/31/2014 4:15 p.m.

To me the fifth is the worst with difference too.I put it last Thursday, a week ago, and it has not given one, there are differences between 70 and 30 (usually gives me almost half of what I really have, with more than 150 it varies between 40 and 60).I do not take it because I am angry to have paid 60 euros at all, at least I get an idea of ​​some trends.

Aryi's profile photo
Aryi
01/01/2015 6:36 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Bomba insulina Medtronic

I have abandoned it for these failures.My question is whether I have had bad luck or it is a general thing and the device does not work.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
01/03/2015 9:45 a.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

aaandres said:
That a diabetic with asymptomatic hypoglycemia does not know the existence of continuous meters is bleak, both by their doctors and by laboratories.

True, but a passive diabetic is a bottomless well ...

miguelten's profile photo
miguelten
01/05/2015 4:21 p.m.

I am already with the ninth sensor and is giving me readings around 25% below the capillary measurement (which as always, I remember that it is not precisely the Bible in terms of accuracy, but well, it is the only thing we have).When I take 10 I will take stock and I will decide what I do.At the moment, 50% of the sensors have come out with perfect measurements.But it is 50%.I consider the percentage too low.We talk about € 60 per sensor.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/08/2015 5:31 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I still continue with the room that started fatal, 50-60 points below the capillawhich is more surprising even in the descents.

I do not know if it has been fixed alone, or that the measurements are uploading as the days pass and now it is in the strip that coincides.We'll see how it ends ...:-/

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/08/2015 8:37 p.m.

Total unfair.Today 2 Before the sensor ends, Total blood measure

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/12/2015 1:41 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.