{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

I am testing it with my child and I have the same problems of inaccuracy.So much that it gives insecurity and we are thinking of not putting it on.I think children are more unstable, with more ups and downs and the meter is less reliable due to glycemic and more useful instability in adults.I do not know what the Dexcom will be but we do not see it exactly or at least the reasonable for us.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
11/13/2014 2:13 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Kraken said:
hahahaha!Forgiveness, is that an Abbot coupon just arrived, thanking my interest in being one of the first to make an order in Spain.

They give me...TACHAN !!€ 10 shipping costs of the next order.They will have broken hahahaha.

Well, less is nothing.I let you go an order before I expand the offer hahahahaha

It has also reached me.Come on, they have thrown the house out the window !!!Almost better that they had not made any discount to make grace not charging you shipping costs

I leave you ... I go like the bullets to ask for my sensors before the offer is over

:))

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/13/2014 2:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

They have sent me a code to have free shipping costs in a request hahahaha.Well, less is nothing!

Laire's profile photo
Laire
11/13/2014 3:28 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

Good night.I, well I bought the device, I have plugged the sensor and waited 1 hour ... and when I first read it the units are mmol/l

He has his explanation because I live in England, but I do not understand those units and when I have gone to the configuration I have not been able to change it.RELIEF

Does anyone know how to unlock to change units?

pramtru's profile photo
pramtru
11/13/2014 6:34 p.m.

DB1 desde 2001
Tresiba 22 ud por la noche y Fiasp 4-5-5
Freestyle libre desde 2016
Ultima hemo 6.0

As long as you do not know how to configure it, you can calculate the conversion of mmol to mg/dl.

GLUCOSE:

To convert mmol/l a mg/dl, multiply by 18, or divide by 0.05551

To convert mg/dl to mmol/l, divide by 18, or multiply by 0.05551

fer's profile photo
fer
11/13/2014 6:47 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thanks Fer.
If I had found a conversion table, but with factor 18 it is easier to remember.

I'm going to see what Abbot tells me.I suppose it is part of the problem of being pioneers with these new technologies.

I have to say that in 13 years of DB this is the most significant advance I have seen.

pramtru's profile photo
pramtru
11/14/2014 2:51 a.m.

DB1 desde 2001
Ultima hemo 6.0

I'm glad you took the step, Pablo.
A hug.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
11/14/2014 6:59 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

A slightly silly question that creates curiosity.To those who have the free, does the filament bother you? When do you take away a sensor is the reddened area or have you had a problem in the area?Thank you.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
11/14/2014 2:04 p.m.

Meginer said:
A slightly silly question but that creates curiosity.To those who have the free, does the filament bother you? When do you take away a sensor is the reddened area or have you had a problem in the area?Thank you.

The filament does not bother at all.Even when you put on the sensor you don't notice.

The thing to take it off, I can tell you on Monday that is when my first sensor ends

DiabetesForo
11/14/2014 4:38 p.m.

Freestyle Libre does not let new customers until 2015. Well, as I tell you, a friend of mine has just debuted and when I told him to buy the meter, he does not leave him, he says that until 2015 he does not let new customers.

DiabetesForo
11/15/2014 4:32 p.m.

People, a question that I am also interested in the product.Every sensor that lasts 14 days?So every month you have to pay 60 euros that each sensor costs?I imagine that social security will not cover it.

JC1985's profile photo
JC1985
11/15/2014 5:05 p.m.

Social security does not cover it.At first you buy the pack (reader + 2 sensors) that is worth 170 euros + shipping costs.Then 2 sensors each month, that is, 120 euros + shipping costs that are 6 euros.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
11/15/2014 5:46 p.m.

Uff that expensive ... thanks for the info.

JC1985's profile photo
JC1985
11/16/2014 12:55 p.m.

If Andrés, thanks to you that you told me about the invention.

I've only been delighted but I am delighted.The more let's sign up for this new monitor method raise glucose, the better, because it will cause competition.

I am sure that in a few years the sensors will have half in size, twice as long and half price.We will also read it directly with the mobile.

pramtru's profile photo
pramtru
11/16/2014 1:21 p.m.

DB1 desde 2001
Ultima hemo 6.0

It is a great advance to date, hopefully it goes down price in relation to the sensors, because every month 60 turkeys is a lot for some people.

JC1985's profile photo
JC1985
11/16/2014 4:57 p.m.

60?They are € 120 per month, 60 is each sensor and if each last 14 days

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
11/16/2014 6:05 p.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

Belefe74 said:
60?They are € 120 per month, 60 is each sensor and if each lasts 14 days

And if we consider that only the month of February is 28 days, except the leap years, then ...

DiabetesForo
11/16/2014 6:38 p.m.

Meginer said:
When do you take away a sensor is the reddened area or have you had a problem in the area?Thank you.

I was a little red, but after a while it was removed (it costs a lot to remove it from the glue) and then I have only left the steak of the prick, but I marked the insulin pump more.

Aryi's profile photo
Aryi
11/17/2014 5:20 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Bomba insulina Medtronic

Ahh, I thought there were 2 for 60 euros ... Uff, so worse put things.

JC1985's profile photo
JC1985
11/17/2014 8:08 a.m.

I am that Trino !!!!!! I just arrived a seur package with the sensors very beaten by a corner, I tell the carrier who carries something fragile, as he says !!, and that is beaten.And he replies: "Well, I call Seur." After five long minutes waiting on the phone listening to shipping promotions ... they tell me in AT.to the client who opens the box and if something does not work he calls them again. When I ask for an incidence number to claim if something happens tells me that there is no !! that he has consulted him with his supervisor. I think the sensor to insideSix days I do not use it, if it did not work well or were deteriorated to see who calls and says "Look last week you sent me a beaten box and called and ...." If it does not appear anywhere, let's go that I feel veryIndignant because it is something that you expect comes well and if it puts "fragile" in the package I do not understand that "careful" manipulation, nor the indifference of the carrier ... I have made a photo just in case but I already know how everything works ..I hope to be lucky

beti's profile photo
beti
11/17/2014 11:59 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.