{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

I just compared the Freestyle figures with the capillary.I have differences of up to 35.

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/10/2017 5:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Keep in mind that the reading of the freestyle goes with 15 delay, to be able to compare them you would first have to read with the capillary and after 15 minutes that of the freestyle, which you always have to take into account the direction of the Flechita: in termsGeneral If, when reading the freestyle, the arrow goes down, you will have a lower value than the one that shows you on the screen, if the arrow goes up you will have a higher value. How much?, because the 35 that give you differenceIt could be orientative.
And to complicate the thing neither the capillary nor the freestyle are exact, if you make a measure by analysis it will give you a different value, so you have to take the data as guidance, although, taking into account the rules that I haveCommented above, once you have taken the trick, it guides us a lot.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
07/10/2017 8:30 p.m.

I wanted to say that it goes with 15 " minutes " of retrado

runing50's profile photo
runing50
07/10/2017 8:31 p.m.

runing50 said:
I mean that it goes with 15 " minutes " retracted

Thank you, I will take it into account from now on.Anyway, don't you think the difference that gave me yesterday night?(98 Freestyle and 175 capillary).

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/11/2017 1:34 p.m.

If it is a lot, it has never given me so much, is it possible that the arrow was totally vertical?You can do the test as I have told you, taking into account the 15 minutes.If there were a lot of difference in the measurements you can also claim Freestyle to change it to you, in the forum there are people who have changed it.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
07/11/2017 3:52 p.m.

Runing50 said:
If it's a lot, it has never given me so much. Is it possible that the flechite was totally vertical?You can do the test as I have told you, taking into account the 15 minutes.If there were a lot of difference in the measurements you can also claim Freestyle to change it to you, in the forum there are people who have changed it.

No, the arrow was horizontal ...
Now I suppose it is not a good time to compare one and the other because the food is raising me.I'll do the test a little later.Thank you.

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/11/2017 3:55 p.m.

Let's see that each one activates the sensor when it comes well but it is true that sleeping the body is in a state of minimal energy and I have personally proven that it works much better.In addition to having stable glucose and takes much longer to vary.

With mails I have taken 2 days.They arrived on Friday, June 7 with expiration September 30.... a little fair.And the replacement with the same expiration.I do not arrive.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/11/2017 8:53 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

By the way;I attach what I just measured despite the 15 min delay

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/12/2017 7:38 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

diegomiquel said:
jpr said:
Well I activate the sensor at any time of the day, I just look that I am with the stable glucose and I do not move duringthe calibration time.The results I get with the Free are the same as the capillary, no more than 10 mg/dl of difference almost ever.I have never activated it at night.And I don't put it 12 hours before activating it, I put it on when the previous one runs out.
Hello.I put it on when the other is over and it gives me results very similar to the capillary.Come on that the capillary practically does not use it.And what I don't understand is the calibration time.The first time I hear it.All the best.

The calibration time is those 60 minutes that it takes for the sensor to activate and you cannot measure glucose.It is recommended that this time be with stable blood glucose and do not move much.It is the only caution that I take, as well as rotate the areas, giving margin of the duration of 2 sensors without repeating.

Anyway, I tell a couple of experiences that I have had:

- I remember that on one occasion I had a very abrupt low glucose drop as I put on a new sensor and I had to go back with enough carbohydrates, all during that famous calibration time in which you must be stable.The sensor behaved with absolute normality for 14 days, without differences with the capillary ...

- And the first time I used Freestyle, my endocrine put it and it had been having breakfast for a short time, with what I had active fast insulin for several hours and carbohydrates in full absorption.And it was all perfect with that first sensor.I remember that the first measure was 129 and the capillary was in 134, still in the consultation.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/12/2017 11:11 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

ruthbia said:
by the way;I attach what I just measured despite the 15 min delay

To overcome that glucose !!

You have stable glucose, although in hypoglycemia, hence the capillary is the same, it is seen in the graphics

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/12/2017 11:17 a.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

jpr said:
diegomiquel said:
jpr said:
jpr said:
well I activate the sensor at any time of the day,I just look with stable glucose and I don't move during calibration time.The results I get with the Free are the same as the capillary, no more than 10 mg/dl of difference almost ever.I have never activated it at night.And I don't put it 12 hours before activating it, I put it on when the previous one runs out.
Hello.I put it on when the other is over and it gives me results very similar to the capillary.Come on that the capillary practically does not use it.And what I don't understand is the calibration time.The first time I hear it.All the best.

The calibration time is those 60 minutes that it takes for the sensor to activate and you cannot measure glucose.It is recommended that this time be with stable blood glucose and do not move much.It is the only caution that I take, as well as rotate the areas, giving margin of the duration of 2 sensors without repeating.

- I remember that on one occasion I had a very abrupt low glucose drop as I put on a new sensor and I had to go back with enough carbohydrates, all during that famous calibration time in which you must be stable.The sensor behaved with absolute normality for 14 days, without differences with the capillary ...

- And the first time I used Freestyle, my endocrine put it and it had been having breakfast for a short time, with what I had active fast insulin for several hours and carbohydrates in full absorption.And it was all perfect with that first sensor.I remember that the first measure was 129 and the capillary was in 134, still in the consultation.

Hello.Thanks for answering.I really did not take any caution.Now I just compared the two and capillary 128 and the free after the 15 minutes they advise by the delay 119. It seems to me that it is going very well.Come on, I'm super calm 24 hours a day, carrying the free.All the best.

diegomiquel's profile photo
diegomiquel
07/13/2017 10:05 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde hace 25 años 6,4 Hb1aC

diegomiquel said:
jpr said:
diegomiquel said:
diegomiquel said:
Well, I activate the sensor at any time of the day, I just look with the stable glucose and I do not move during the calibration time.The results I get with the Free are the same as the capillary, no more than 10 mg/dl of difference almost ever.I have never activated it at night.And I don't put it 12 hours before activating it, I put it on when the previous one runs out.

Hello.Thanks for answering.I really did not take any caution.Now I just compared the two and capillary 128 and the free after the 15 minutes they advise by the delay 119. It seems to me that it is going very well.Come on, I'm super calm 24 hours a day, carrying the free.All the best.

128 and 119 is absolutely the same blood glucose.Your sensor is marking perfectly, @"Diegomiquel"

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/13/2017 10:28 a.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

jpr said:
diegomiquel said:
jpr said:
jpr said:
jpr said:
jpr said:
jpr said:
jpr said:
jpr said:
jpr said:
jpr said:
jpr said:
Well I activate the sensor at any time of the day, I just look that I am with stable glucose and I do not move during the calibration time.The results I get with the Free are the same as the capillary, no more than 10 mg/dl of difference almost ever.I have never activated it at night.And I don't put it 12 hours before activating it, I put it on when the previous one runs out.

128 and 119 is absolutely the same blood glucose.Your sensor is marking perfectly, @"Diegomiquel"

Thank you.It is what I understood.I am very sure to have it.For me it has been a radical change in my life.

diegomiquel
07/13/2017 10:30 a.m.

@"JPR" fast tracing with a milk glass.It was just when I got up, I had to reinforce dinner at bedtime for being 200 and of course I got up at Hip.
If I don't get 1 extra, I get up with 156 or 170.

The truth is that a sensor fails me rarely.They usually "die" on day 13 or so, but Abbott changes them.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/15/2017 5:41 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@"jpr" fast tracing with a milk glass.It was just when I got up, I had to reinforce dinner at bedtime for being 200 and of course I got up at Hip.
If I don't get 1 extra, I get up with 156 or 170.

The truth is that a sensor fails me rarely.They usually "die" on day 13 or so, but Abbott changes them.

Well, in the two and a half years that I have been with free, everyone has exhausted themselves at 14 days and approximately the same time

diegomiquel
07/22/2017 7:40 p.m.

Hello everyone, today an email has arrived, in which they inform me that the Basque Health Service, Osakidetza, starting on July 28, will deliver the freestyle, totally free to all the childrenChildren under 18, I thought of a total joy, for everyone, I am very sorry that little children have to be clicking, but at the same time it gives me a tremendous anger for everyone who exceeds thatAge, and bothers me for the large number of aid that the Basque Government gives to people who have never worked or planSo far I have arrived, I am even the hat of financing aid, to keep clicking that total, I've been doing it for more than forty years and here I continue.
And I'm glad in the soul that at least give it to certain people and especially if they are children.
Greetings to everyone

xara's profile photo
xara
07/24/2017 7:53 p.m.

For me it is discriminatory.Why do children and adults not?We have diabetes and should finance treatments equally.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
07/25/2017 9:04 a.m.

Good morning: someone who uses free freeyle has the free application installed in some Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge?I was thinking of making a mobile phone change and seeing that the S8 is not compatible, I prefer to make sure before ... Thank you

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/29/2017 11:06 a.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

@"JPR" I am thinking of buying that same mobile model because it is compatible with the free, with the Dexcom G5 and I think that the Guardian Connect also Quire also launch Android application especially for Samsung phones that are the ones that present the most models in themarket.-

LibreLink I don't know if it works but Glimp does work with the S7 edge-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
07/29/2017 7:55 p.m.

anaisabel said:
for me is discriminatory.Why do children and adults not?We have diabetes and should finance treatments equally.

Discriminatory, do not even imagine the aid that the Basque Government gives and to whom they give them, is a real shame and to those who lead half life paying taxes, so that they are for people ...

xara's profile photo
xara
07/29/2017 9:22 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.