{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

Good day.Regarding the expiration of the sensors, I attach a message that I sent on Friday, and the answer I received after a while.By the way, warehouses I think are in Belgium if I remember correctly;They told me last month on the phone, and it seems that it is there, in the warehouse, where they are not being careful when making the shipments: they are taking and sending, without looking more.Wow, it seems that they have internal communication and coordination problems between different departments ...
Anyway, if we want to use them we have no choice but to claim until they do it well.Or stop using them :-)

My message to Abbott:
please, I will make a sensor request and thank you to confirm if your expiration is after April, because those who are sending until now are April 30, and make a request for several in that state I would meanUse them expired or return.
I already mentioned the problem that the company sends sensors so to expire;It doesn't seem correct to me.
Thank you very much for your attention.I await your answer to order.

The customer information response:

Hello Maria,
We cannot control the expiration date of the sensors, the warehouse is giving way to the lots that it has according to the number of sensors sent in the order.
In recent orders there has been an exceptional situation that will not happen again, in the following orders the dates will arrive more loose, the warehouse is already in a pre -notice so that they can correct it.
However, I would recommend you make your next order when the last sensor is in use at home, in order to have more room for the use of the following.
I am not being able to give it a more accurate answer, we do not have the exact date with which the sensors are being sent.
Excuse the discomfort and contact us back if it needs more assistance
Cordial greetings,

imara's profile photo
imara
03/20/2017 8:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

By the way, @"ruthbia" thanks for the store info;I have already requested Fundita, to see if the colors make us more the moment of bad mood ;-) I hope it comes well.(By the way, I see it useful the foundy of Silicone, because the device sometimes drains and goes to the ground ... 8- |

And of sensors, because I just had an order, to see if this time they expire later ... I already tell you

@sigsauer, so you say that there is nowhere to take the sensors, because each and every day is one thing, I totally agree.Despite this, for the moment they serve me on many occasions, in combination with the symptoms that I know.It seems to me that there is very far from that there is a device that does everything for us, because for that it would be necessary to know the functioning of the human body in an exhaustive way, and it is not so.In addition, if so, in the end we would not need the devices, because we would meet in heart what happens to us.C'est la Vie, so simple and at the same time so complex.
Well ... I'm going to rejoice the morning of work with an infusion and I stop philosophizing ... because if I heat my head echo smoke.
~ O)

imara's profile photo
imara
03/20/2017 10:58 a.m.

Yes of course and ask for 1 in 1 to always pay the shipping costs, how nice and sympathetic they are ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/20/2017 11:04 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hello good afternoon, I have a plane trip soon, the sensor can enter without problems, it doesn't sound or anything, right?

pgs_cs's profile photo
pgs_cs
03/20/2017 4 p.m.

@"Imara" They told me the same on the phone and they sent me sensors that expired on April 30

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
03/21/2017 11:26 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Hello @"pgs_cs" !!My son took it last year on a trip we made by plane and not the most minimal problem.If you whistle in the arch, you tell you and the manual detector passes you.In addition, as you carry the medication with you, they do not put a paste, that if it has a role of your enocrine where it says the medication you carry and everything you need because when you leave Spain it does not imply any problem, but depending on where you go if they can ask youmore at the exit of the country.
Greetings: -h

Enma's profile photo
Enma
03/21/2017 11:35 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

nigiri said:
@"imara" told me the same on the phone and they sent me sensors that expired on April 30

Well, when I get to tell you ... we'll wait, I don't want to advance mashumor ;-)

imara's profile photo
imara
03/21/2017 11:45 a.m.

The order arrived yesterday and they have an expired date of June 30, I do not know if this is or that I have been 2 and a half days without a sensor placed but for the moment it is perfect (I cross my fingers) ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/21/2017 12:15 p.m.

Thank you Enma, but your son whistled in the arch?

enma said:
hello @"pgs_cs" !!My son took it last year on a trip we made by plane and not the most minimal problem.If you whistle in the arch, you tell you and the manual detector passes you.In addition, as you carry the medication with you, they do not put a paste, that if it has a role of your enocrine where it says the medication you carry and everything you need because when you leave Spain it does not imply any problem, but depending on where you go if they can ask youmore at the exit of the country.

pgs_cs's profile photo
pgs_cs
03/21/2017 7:17 p.m.

That you know that expired sensors work perfectly, which I now carry one that I expressed in February.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
03/22/2017 12:22 p.m.

Hello good,
They also arrived with an expiration date of April 30.And I usually ask for 6 in 6 so the last two did not give me time to put them on.I have returned them three weeks ago (there are also 14 days to return without giving explanations) and I have written to them every week remembering it and they have told me that normally the issue of returns lengthens over a month, you have also told you this??

Let's see if they spab a little because sending patches without sufficient expiration time is a shame.

Agurrrr

Josu's profile photo
Josu
03/22/2017 12:34 p.m.

Diagnosticado en 2015/12.
Tipo 1. Libre1 desde 02/2016/Libre2 desde 06/2020
Toujeo 14
Dieta por Raciones +0- Novorapid 2/4/4
Último control hemoglobina: 5,6
33 años

Hello

I have been using this product since October last year and I have to state that my discontent is growing with it.While in the first days I thought about the panacea to avoid the annoying punctures in my fingers, over time I consider this increasingly inoperative product.It is almost impossible to exhaust the 14 days that the very expensive sensor lasts, because for one reason or another you always get rid of if you make a normal life.I do not even recommend it for bedrooms because even some have also taken some simply sleeping.The filament that has been inserted into the skin is extremely sensitive and to the minimum movement that has or simply takes off the least already stops working and the abbott's guarantee does not cover you because of course it is always because of yours, according to them.It cannot be in contact with water for more than half an hour, therefore of bathing on beaches or swimming pools this summer you can forget.Other problems are the status of the skin when you take out the sensor, totally irritated and with stinging for several days after having taken it removed.The price of the sensors (60 euros) is extremely expensive for a sensor that you rarely get you to last 14 days.Our joy in a well ...

Ferran Polo's profile photo
Ferran Polo
03/22/2017 3:28 p.m.

I do not plan to use expired sensors, I used one that was close to date and casually is the only one that has given me continuous errors and results that had nothing to do with the capillary.I am going to put in two days one that expires on April 30 and then I will make a new order.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
03/22/2017 3:46 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Well, three sensors have just arrived with expiration of July 31, 2017. We are progressing:-P

Good day :-)

imara's profile photo
imara
03/23/2017 10:29 a.m.

Also seek that readers do not stay totally without battery.It happened to me with one and when I started it, I no longer recognized the sensor.In this case if I send a new sensor and reader, but of course ... again to wait ...

Ferran Polo's profile photo
Ferran Polo
03/23/2017 11:07 a.m.

I totally disagree, or have had very bad luck or I very good luck.Beach as in the pool, I do have good experience with this system.
All the best!

ferran polo said:
hello

I have been using this product since October last year and I have to state that my discontent is growing with it.While in the first days I thought about the panacea to avoid the annoying punctures in my fingers, over time I consider this increasingly inoperative product.It is almost impossible to exhaust the 14 days that the very expensive sensor lasts, because for one reason or another you always get rid of if you make a normal life.I do not even recommend it for bedrooms because even some have also taken some simply sleeping.The filament that has been inserted into the skin is extremely sensitive and to the minimum movement that has or simply takes off the least already stops working and the abbott's guarantee does not cover you because of course it is always because of yours, according to them.It cannot be in contact with water for more than half an hour, therefore of bathing on beaches or swimming pools this summer you can forget.Other problems are the status of the skin when you take out the sensor, totally irritated and with stinging for several days after having taken it removed.The price of the sensors (60 euros) is extremely expensive for a sensor that you rarely get you to last 14 days.Our joy in a well ...

pgs_cs's profile photo
pgs_cs
03/23/2017 4:34 p.m.

Hello @"pgs_cs" !!If I whistled in the arch and when we tried to say something they silenced us and passed the manual detector and when Porfin let him explain, there was no minimum problem.You have to realize that one can whistle in the arc for a thousand things, such as carrying brackets ...

Enma's profile photo
Enma
03/24/2017 10:36 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

hello good afternoon, I have a plane trip soon, the sensor can enter without problems, it does not sound or anything, right?

He has never been pidered and I have traveled quite abroad.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/24/2017 10:27 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

They work well, but of course I protect them with an adhesive.And it costs a lot to take them off with the new adhesive.
They do not give me excessive reaction in the skin and on the beach I have bathed without care and I have not had any problem.In the idem pool, without problems.

If you read this post you will realize that you have to take more measures than the laboratory says

ferran polo said:
hello

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/24/2017 10:29 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

For those who use freeLink on the mobile, with the latest update of the application, it stops working, it has happened to a lot of people included, so you better not update until they fix it,- another ABBOTT success.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/24/2017 10:59 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.