{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

@"Saracg", my daughter has taken it in that area all summer, and that is where it has best gone, from day one.
If you decide to claim Abbott, do not even think that you take him there.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
12/14/2016 2:31 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@"Rociollinares" Well, I will have to claim and say that it has fallen, I have tried in that area since in my arm it gives me reaction to sticking the sensor with a dressing under, thank you very much!

saracg's profile photo
saracg
12/14/2016 4:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I've been disconnected for a few days.
I have the same experience as @"sigsauer".I pinocho the sensor before bed and active at 6:30 on Sunday.As I get up later and I am stable, it usually measure well.
Use in parallel two applications for mobile: free and glymp.
Free measures the same as the glycometer XQ have the same algorithm.Glimp I like more because I put the capillary values ​​and recalculate ... it is more than free.
I have changed the sensors for a magnificent "lo" for hours until I get fed up and take it.
The last one died 7 hours before the official period and I have not claimed it for not calling.If I pass me again, I will.
In any case, the first day of activation is not reliable with what we pay for 13 days.
By the way, the last ones have bought them with the mobile and without problems.Of course, Maximo 6 xq expiration periods are very tight

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/17/2016 10:35 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:

I have the same experience as @"sigsauer".I pinocho the sensor before bed and active at 6:30 on Sunday.As I get up later and I am stable, it usually measure well.

Hello, with this one that I have now tried what @sigsauer commented and what you say.In principle it gives the same variations.Although they are not as high as with the previous sensor.

By the way, yesterday I received an Abbott mail telling me that they were going to send me a replacement sensor ... which means that the claim I made a couple of weeks ago passed it to a superior, as the boy who attended me forphone.The difference values ​​that the last two sensors marked me were 60 or 70. That, for their error table, it enters into normal.And I explained that one thing is normal and adequate for a machine, and another that we are people who with those differences of values ​​can have a hyper or hyperglycemia.I told them that in those conditions I didn't buy it again.

I guess the sensor will come next week ... :-)

Hugs.

imara's profile photo
imara
12/17/2016 11:34 a.m.

@"Ruthbia" completely agree that the first day is a bit lottery and that we pay for 13 days, yesterday without going any further I activated a sensor at 20 hours (being stable) curiously the first measurement was almost nailed with the capillary butSince I got up, he is marking me 40-50 below, the Liapp I already wait for me because he gives you the raw but the ABBOTT officer and the LibreLink no.Right now I am with Glimp for calibration.I will give a margin 48 hours until Monday to see if it stabilizes because with other sensors it has happened to me to be rare on the 1st day and then they have gone well ..

@imara to me 40-50 I think it's a lot of deviation to bring a medium decent control of glycemia so 60-70 I don't even tell you.I have never called for differences in values ​​but if on Monday it continues, I will call to see where they limp .. !!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/17/2016 1:09 p.m.

Have you ever tried the capillary with the free reader in a cool to cold environment?

You see, I like to run but I have the problem that more than burn fat in slow rhythms, shot directly from glucose and at 20-25 minutes the levels fall that are pleased (with which the interstitial measurement is unreliable) and I have to measure myselfclicking on my finger.

I have two days, yesterday and today, that the reader has already given me error when putting the strip.I check how the reader is and it is really cold, to solve the problem I have to make my breath, yes, yes, the breath, as you are reading it!so that it can work and recognize the strip.What a pot of pot

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/19/2016 11:39 p.m.

@"Joseludi" That happens to us almost all diabetics, to each one to a lesser or greater extent.We have problems "act" the mechanism that makes us stop throwing both glucose and move on to fat.

In my case after much investigating and trying things, what is best to consume caffeine for at least half an hour before playing sports, that helps the body to pull fat and is demonstrated with studies.

I notice it a lot, a 45 min caffein capsule before running and glucose lowers me less dick and burn more body fat, I feel much more energy.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/20/2016 12:43 a.m.

Good day,

artories said:
@"Joseludi" that happens to us almost all diabetics, to each one to a lesser or greater extent.We have problems "act" the mechanism that makes us stop throwing both glucose and move on to fat.

That is why I cannot do the exercise I did ... I get a lot with anything I do.And, of course, I can't pull fat at all because I have always been very skinny.

Returning to Free, yes, @"sigsauer", I agree with you.That's why I complained.As I said, the person who attended me told me that I could not decide to send me a replacement sensor, because the checks with their tables did not allow it, but that the case would happen to a superior charge.And, of course, I am grateful, because it is certain that he did it: yesterday a replacement sensor arrived.

:-)

imara's profile photo
imara
12/20/2016 9:04 a.m.

@"ARTORIAS" has to be a caffeine capsule or with double or triple reason of decaffeinated coffee would be enough ..?It will be a matter of trying.

@"Imara" I have only called a time because a sensor took off and they changed it very kindly without asking too many questions, if however, I called for the issue of glycemia differences and messages "sensor error, scan within10 minutes "and also kindly put all the sheet of areas A, B and C to send them the results of the capillary and sensor glycems indicating their date and time with what I kindly and good and goodPráxis and Bosura I sent him to take for the C ..., answering all the questions negatively in the Porterior survey that they ask you on the phone ..

I want to leave some other reliable and cheap system to get off the donkey, I think that Abbott's are raising the monopoly to the head !!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/20/2016 9:49 a.m.

@"Sigsauer", I called twice.The first, the same as you comment.The second, the same, but with the variant: it was the second time that I called for the same sensor;Another person attended me, a very kind boy, who listened to me very carefully when I told him that the areas served them, but a person with diabetes, who runs daily dangers that can be worsened by a machine that gives valuesSo far from reality, it didn't work for him.And that made me consider not buying more sensors.
Perhaps it was the type of "more human" explanation that gave him, and his kindness and interest that caused the info to a responsible.And well, they responded properly ... we will see other times.Ah!And that the monopoly is uploaded to the head ... I also told the boy: look, your company will be losing with us as soon as another company comes out that gives us proper service, if these issues do not solve us:-D

Well, to breathe and keep insisting :-)

imara's profile photo
imara
12/20/2016 10:10 a.m.

@"Sigsauer" depends how customary you have the body to caffeine ... if you never take any cocacola or coffee, with a coffee it could be enough.I take it in capsules for comfort.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/20/2016 2:45 p.m.

artories said:
@"Joseludi" that happens to us almost all diabetics, to each one to a lesser or greater extent.We have problems "act" the mechanism that makes us stop throwing both glucose and move on to fat.

In my case after much investigating and trying things, what is best to consume caffeine for at least half an hour before playing sports, that helps the body to pull fat and is demonstrated with studies.

I notice a lot, a caffeine capsule 45 min before running and glucose lowers me less dick and burn more body fat, I feel much more energy.

I am very coffee, I take a coffee with milk for breakfast, a cut in mid -morning and another cut about two hours or two and a half hours before running.I don't know, I wouldn't like to pull chemistry even more in addition to gels and so on.Anyway, could you explain what capsules you and if there are different caffeine load?I have no idea of ​​this of the caffeine capsules, although perhaps he tries.Thanks @Artorias

DiabetesForo
12/20/2016 6:06 p.m.

imara said:
good day,
artories said:

That is why I cannot do the exercise I did ... I get a lot with anything I do.And, of course, I can't pull fat at all because I have always been very skinny.

Well, this has happened to me for about two years, before I simply ate some fruit that afternoon and I did not miss gels or anything.I have been diabetic for more than fifteen years

DiabetesForo
12/20/2016 6:08 p.m.

sigsauer said:
@"arctors" has to be a caffeine capsule or with double or triple reason of decaffeinated coffee would be enough ..?It will be a matter of trying.

I believe @sigsauer that if you take it decaffeinated, it is not worth it.Maybe it would be worth taking normal coffee

DiabetesForo
12/20/2016 6:10 p.m.

Good afternoon.
I am 7 weeks pregnant and I have put the sensor 4 days ago.I have the feeling that marks the very happily.I am a little lost because I do not know what marginal error has, since the Saturday night that for a while was marking it I decided to do it hairI am scared with 60 than with 35. My question is whether this happened to you, what do you pay attention to the sensor or to the capillary?

melimperia's profile photo
melimperia
12/20/2016 6:12 p.m.

sigsauer said:

@"Imara" I have only called a time because a sensor took off and they changed it very kindly without asking too many questions, if however, I called for the issue of glycemia differences and messages "sensor error, scan within10 minutes "and also kindly put all the sheet of areas A, B and C to send them the results of the capillary and sensor glycems indicating their date and time with what I kindly and good and goodPráxis and Bosura I sent him to take for the C ..., answering all the questions negatively in the Porterior survey that they ask you on the phone ..

I want to leave some other reliable and cheap system to get off the donkey, I think that Abbott's are raising the monopoly to the head !!

They come to me with the subject of the areas and I tell you that they do not worry that I will be outside those areas of the a z because I stop buying and I go to the competition (and that I am one of those whoI have been buying from the first hour that was marketed in Spain)

I think the success is being uploaded and can die of it

DiabetesForo
12/20/2016 6:13 p.m.

@"Joseludi" I also notice that when I am going to do above all aerobic exercise (bicycle, elliptical, running, walking) I get much faster and that I usually go over 230-40 mg/dl but in 35-40 minutes or I take something or I have to stop for what is a bit roll for example if I want to do more than 1 hour of aerobic, playing padel or doing apkidbecause it has an aerobic part and anaerobic part.

Yesterday I called Abbott and what Murphy's law says ..?.

@"melimperia" is that making you 2 consecutive hair glycemia at the same time could have marked you 61 in one and 45 in the second, the glucometer also has important differences so when it marks you and gives you 61 you already know that you are in hiccumAnd you have to act accordingly.It would be worrying for free to mark you and capillary 80.

The coffee, because I do not know each one we are a world, I think I remember that a forero said that coffee lowered the glycemia faster so it will be a matter of trying.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/20/2016 6:40 p.m.

Joseludi said:
artories said:

I notice a lot, a caffeine capsule 45 min before running and glucose lowers me less dick and burn more body fat, I feel much more energy.

I am very coffee, I take a coffee with milk for breakfast, a cut in mid -morning and another cut about two hours or two and a half hours before running.I don't know, I wouldn't like to pull chemistry even more in addition to gels and so on.Anyway, could you explain what capsules you and if there are different caffeine load?I have no idea of ​​this of the caffeine capsules, although perhaps he tries.Thanks @Artorias

There are different concentrations.I have about 100 mg of caffeine and I take one.But I never drink coffee or anything with caffeine.Many people take them from 200 mg.In any case you never take more than 300 mg, ID testing.
They are bought in sports nutrition stores (those of protein smoothies).

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/21/2016 1:10 a.m.

And with the caffeine you endure more without you getting off?I is that it is to go to the running tape and at 15 minutes I have to stop because I go into dive.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/21/2016 8:34 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

gala said:
and with the caffeine you hold more without you getting off?I is that it is to go to the running tape and at 15 minutes I have to stop because I go into chop ..

Let's see, it shows a bit but it is not miraculous.Our body when you are doing much does not need to have almost active insulin, a healthy person first pulls glucose when you do sports and then stop liberating insulin and goes on to throw more fat.We are all the time with a lot of active basal insulin and we cannot lower it, so the body asks you for all the time more glucose and you are chopped, because when exercising the amount of basal we need is much lower.
That is why the body costs more to start pulling fat, it does not see it necessary to be supplying glucose and insulin in the body all the time.Caffeine is a small help.

The only way to prevent this not to happen is an insulin pump and reduce the basal before exercising.

What you comment Gala, I solve it by drinking a sugary drink before running to climb almost 200, and then take several very slow absorption cookies if I will spend a lot of time.It is not the best way to draw perfect graphics in the Dexcom or that the endocrine gives me a palmadita, but so I live calm and I can do quiet sports.

We have a treatment that is 100 years old, you can't do much more.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/21/2016 6:29 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.