{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

@"Nigiri", something happened to me the other day, I put some messages higher.Now I am with the last sensor that I have left, they have five days left, and it is giving me differences of 50 and 60 points.
They put the excuse that you have removed it, because those differences of 40 or 50 points told me the other day that enter the "area B of reliability", that is, the second most reliable.And that with those differences do not change it to you.
If I can breathe calmly and make me the mood of crushing them machaconally the same, tomorrow I call them and I claim that they change it to me.If they do not, I do not take it on, but I am about not ordering.The bad thing is that they do not even go to them or that a person does not ask them again: there are lots that continue to do so.
I have never done it.I don't know what force can have or how to do it.Here is the web;Let's take a look ... Link

imara's profile photo
imara
12/01/2016 3:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The truth is that this small print of Abbott's advertising is to report, as Nigiri says:

"It will be necessary to perform a digital puncture test with a blood glucose control system when glucose levels change quickly, if glucose levels in interstitial fluid do not exactly reflect blood glucose levels, if theInforms system of hypoglycemia or imminent hypoglycemia ... "
taken from Link

How do we know if control system levels do not match blood glucose levels?Well, making a capillary puncture, which makes this statement wrapping on itself, such as using a word that you want to define within the definition ...

Well, that's it, made: 202 with horizontal arrow today after eating (at two hours), and 130 capillary.So, why do we want Free, with those differences, which force capillary to see if we correct or not?

Anyway, I wonder if it really is worth losing money (that many do not have or have difficulty) and time and overwhelm using lots of programs and technological devices for these differences, which involve a free use of the device, that is, thatIt does not work (and the burden is for our brain, which has to handle more variables than usual, which is tired: not only must be aware of the daily things necessary to be well, but that the devices do not fail, whatthat in addition to increasing the variables, adds anxiety depending on what situations).Well that, today the technological reflections come to me:-P

kisses

imara's profile photo
imara
12/01/2016 5:09 p.m.

I just placed an order and 6 sensors that I have had, this is the only one that has given me problems so I will continue to ask.I read in a comment here that someone had noticed that those who were about to expire, gave problems and I fear that that is what happened to me so I will make orders of two by two.The truth is that they have a lot of jeta but until today it has given me more advantages than inconveniences @imara

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
12/01/2016 5:11 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Thanks, @nigiri.Until a month ago I also gave me more advantages.But the last two sensors are fatal to me.The explanations that are in zone B do not be worth me, for what I have explained.And the explanations that the first 24 hours and the last 72 approximateor 10.

Well, I'm glad they serve you, and I hope I continue.I have been called technology companies (this and another phone) for a few weeks and that sell smoke st -colored smoke, they have made me angry.So I will have to breathe deep and decide whether I leave them aside or go to OCU, as you say, or what do I do.

:-)

imara's profile photo
imara
12/01/2016 5:16 p.m.

Already, if I understand you, I have also been told about zone B and I have explained that what is not the same is not the same, that the difference is abysmal, they have told me that I am right but that it is the company's policythat they felt a lot but they could not change it to me, they should change it or should be able to claim in some way @"imara"

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
12/01/2016 5:27 p.m.

They are selling sensors like churros and have not yet entered the American market, they are making gold.We can only expect that another 2 or 3 laboratories put the batteries and get something more beautiful and cheaper to put their areas a, b and c wherever they are!

@nigiri @imara have you tried with unofficial mobile applications .. ??There are sensors that are doing very well with the official reader but when I deviate more than normal I turn to Liapp and Glimp that can be calibrated.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/01/2016 7:54 p.m.

No @sigsauer I am a denied with the mobiles, I do not trust much apart but if you say it is going well ... which one you recommend me?Liapp and Glimp?Once I tried to use one but I made me that if the sensor had already been calibrated with the freestyle meter that could not do it again.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
12/01/2016 9:41 p.m.

@"nigiri" I use all that I have within me, the liapp even if you give you the values ​​above or down, in terms of the arrow I have always said that it is the one that I trust most, many days you know that it is going down youIn fact, you spend Abbott's reader 4 times in a row and you see that the blood glucose is lower and the arrow is always horizontal, however, Liapp always marks you descending arrow and glimp put 2 times your hair glycemia and calibrates youIf there is a lot of difference, if it is less than 15 it leaves it as is.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/01/2016 10:01 p.m.

No @"sigsauer", I haven't tried it either.I am waiting for my arranged phone to return me (the other technological company that these days takes me with ass:-p).As soon as I have it, I will try it.

But I don't just understand why some devices give some measures and others, being the same sensor.Nor do I understand that that happens if Abbott says that he does not need calibration ... Anyway, that I will have to study the functioning of those apps calm ... :-)

In relation to what you say that the trend also fails, I've been watching the same thing: it goes down, but the horizontal arrow.

And now I just called Abbott to see what happens with the measures with 70 differences that the sensor is giving me ... and it sounds like they declining but does not connect x (

Thank you

imara's profile photo
imara
12/02/2016 2:21 p.m.

@imara each uses different algorithms to make the interpretation of the information that comes from the sensor, so the differences.The same thing happens with the glucometers

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
12/02/2016 2:36 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Let's see, then the failures why do we blame the sensor?(And not only us, but the same ABBOTT company, which does not consider the improvement or change of its scanning apparatus).If the different scanning devices (the free officer, the different apps usable in mobile phones) give different measures, since to transform the sensor data into numbers they use different algorithmic procedures, then what is failing is the algorithmic mechanism of the device inissue, it seems to me.With which, what Sigsauer says to use some unofficial apps would improve the thing if those apps give data closer to capillary measures.And seen this, Abbott should not replace sensors, but to check the operation of its official scanning apparatus ...

I have already called them a while ago;My values ​​are in the limits and they cannot replace it.The boy who has served me, very kind.He told me that the data will happen to a responsible superior, because although he cannot directly make a decision, considering what I have told him believes that the info should happen.I have told him that I expect an answer, and that I consider putting a claim via public administration if they do not give me satisfactory answer and the two new sensors that I have asked (yes, I have asked /:)) give me similar problems.

Gracie

imara's profile photo
imara
12/02/2016 4:29 p.m.

@imara liapp and Glimp If I am not wrong they give you the raw values ​​in raw and the ABBOTT reader and the LibreLink for the mobile gives you the result depending on your own algorithm, I am not going to give you a dissertation on the RAW values ​​becauseSurely I am not sure or myself, which is more reliable .. ??Well, I don't know either.

The Liapp is a very simple application, it has 4 very basic things and as I already told you in terms of trend is the most reliable by far.Glimp is like any of the diabetes applications to aim all types of data, glycemia, hydrates, needles, meals, lancetas etc, etc;I only use the sensor scan option ..

On the other hand and as has already been said here many times, the only advice I can give you is to look for the time of the day you find the most stable blood glucose and if you can put it at that time.
For example, I am now activating the sensors at 6:15 (today 142 mg/dl) in the morning and they start working at 7:15 (today 138 mg/dl) which is the time I get up andI know that I am usually stable and for now they work reasonably well.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/02/2016 8:06 p.m.

I think, and you do not do me much attention because I am not clear to @sigsauer that in terms of the algorithms the most precise is the official and freeLink reader that those created by Abbot use that after all are the developersFrom "invention"

What about the other applications when they are more exact to the capillary than free?that they read the data of the raw sensor (Raw Data), that is to say data without being treated by any algorithm and that when the glucose is unstable they are usually closer to the capillary.Here in this link, an useful application of the raw data is explained by Dexcom and Nightcout Link

After another reason it could be that Glimp allows after passing the mobile through the sensor "correct" the measurement putting your the same medication but capillary and thus Glimp self -libra.It is the same that happens with the Dexcom that I have to calibrate every day with a capillary measurement.This is not feasible in free.

And as @Sigsauer says, try to activate it when you are stable, never after eating or for or after having played sports among other situations.For example, of the last 3 sensors, two of them have had quite large margins giving me the sensor higher values ​​between 30 and 40 difference and it was because I activated them at not appropriate times

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/02/2016 10:05 p.m.

Hello, good morning, I am reading what you are saying of the freestile ....... and I want to share my case.I am in fertility treatment and for that reason they put it in September and the experience was disastrous.At least 4 measurements a day (minimal) checked with my glucometer and there were times that I was higher and more lower and I have reached 80 difference between the values ​​(too much).And as I read that everyone has done so well, I don't know if I used it badly (I doubt it because it does not have much mystery) or if my device was defective.
Thank you all for your comments, which are always helpful.

Goichene's profile photo
Goichene
12/05/2016 10:41 a.m.

DM1 (desde 2014)
Novorrapid (3-3-2-3) levemir 10

Hi Joseludi, you could tell me what material it is convenient to use for Glimp 3D printing and considering that my 11 -year -old son is going to use, what Stl file would be the most appropriate.

Thanks for your work.

Guillermo REY MORITO's profile photo
Guillermo REY MORITO
12/05/2016 12:42 p.m.

Good afternoon, I am new in this forum and I would like to know your opinion about the free free style, they put it yesterday to my 8 -year -old son and already put it on it to see a capillary and bloody,X which has taken off and told me the nutritionist who if it happened would take him tomorrow to put another one, today I have removed it because he had it loose I kept bleeding a little and did not trust me, I also had a margin of error compared to the glucometersOf 50 mg, yesterday I even give me what the glucometer marked me 79 and the without symptoms of hypo, and he shows the descent quickI am overcoming because I don't know if it's really effective or not.If you could help me, I would appreciate it very much.Thank you

Mamiygordito's profile photo
Mamiygordito
12/06/2016 9:13 p.m.

Guillermo Rey Morito said:
Hi Joseludi, you could tell me what material it should be used for the 3D printing of the Glimp and considering that my 11 -year -old son will use it, what stl file would be the most the mostappropriate.

Thanks for your work.

@guillermo Rey Morito I have done nothing because there is only an application apart from Glimp that is free alarm and I see a little green the project and nothing clear.I waited to Black Friday to see if there were offers of the Pebble and Sony and there was nothing for which I have the subject totally parked and I continue with the free passing it with the reader and the mobile.

ATTACHED screenshot of the Facebook group page where you can see the most up -to -date information (the screenshot is when I started collecting information then)

Link

I think they talked about TPU although people have been testing materials and designs until it is best suited to individual needs

DiabetesForo
12/06/2016 9:58 p.m.

Good morning, has anyone put the sensor in the upper area of ​​the rear?The results are quite different, are they usually 100 apart, has someone happened to someone?thank you

saracg's profile photo
saracg
12/14/2016 10:32 a.m.

Saracg said:
Good morning, has anyone put the sensor in the upper area of ​​the rear?The results are quite different, are they usually 100 apart, has someone happened to someone?Thanks

Search and read does not hurt.Believe me

DiabetesForo
12/14/2016 11:05 a.m.

@"Mamiygordito" The first day of the sensor to me usually gives me a lot of difference with the capillaI always said that I was carrying it in your arm and that it has taken off, in this case it is what has happened but for future occasions.Regarding the reliability I am very happy, I have only had a problem with a sensor that casually put it and expired that same month so that instead of buying many in many I buy two so that they do not accumulate.Any questions ask, here people can help you.All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
12/14/2016 12:52 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.