{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

@Ellastp The first sensor will be uncomfortable to you where you wear it because it is a strange object that you have stuck-stuck in your body.The only advice I can give you is that as far as possible you protect it with some dressing so as not to be worried that it will take you away and last the 14 days.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/22/2016 2:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

And if it is the first, do what Sigsauer tells you, protégalo.And being the first, I would put it in the arm, because if you start not giving you values ​​according to the capillary, you will have the doubt if it is a sensor failure or placement.Study first how it works on your arm, and then you decide whether to change the area, but keep in mind that Abbott is only responsible, if you take it in the arm, so I always say that you take it on your arm, if one day you decideChange zone.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
11/22/2016 2:25 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Hello.I am new here.He commented on this sensor.I have been diabetic for more than 25 years and I no longer detect hypoglycemia.It is countless times that I have recovered the consciousness surrounded by 3-4 nurses-medical of the ambulance.To me the sensor is returning my life.For me and my family is a total tranquility to wear it.And as for the ignorance on the part of the health personnel a year ago I entered for another complication and when they saw the system hallucinated the nurses.Come on, that every control they were going to make me approached several to see the system.I am delighted but I recognize that it is expensive.All the best

diegomiquel's profile photo
diegomiquel
11/22/2016 2:32 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde hace 25 años 6,4 Hb1aC

Joooo
I am thinking of putting this speech, I see many advantages.
I have been investigating because I have lived in 3 different communities and in mine of origin they give you the freestyle apparatus with monitoring and the first sensor. Then you have to buy the following sensors.
I already know 2 people who use them and are delighted, a lady who has been about 30 years of dmtipo1 and flip and another who also exercises, runs and says it is an impressive comfort.I have another friend who used him at his wedding and had a hypo held at the end of the wedding and with the trend we knew how to recover it well.
In your cases, have you had to buy the entire kit?

Pinkunicorn's profile photo
Pinkunicorn
11/22/2016 2:52 p.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Lantus 23 UI 14h ahora probando Toujeo 28 UI 14h
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

@Pinkunicorn, many of those who used it we had to buy.It does not depend on the community, it depends on the hospital where Abbott has decided to promote it through the endos.Ask in your hospital, you are still lucky.

RocioLlinares
11/22/2016 3:07 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Rociollinares thanks, in my current hospital they have given me the info to contact the house and ask for it.Chim pum!

Pinkunicorn
11/22/2016 3:15 p.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

Do not complain, there are worse cases;);) when we ask for opinion in the hospital where they take my daughter, to finish deciding, neither her endo nor her educator knew what we were talking about.And that was in the Més de Abril, this year, that does not do so much either .....

RocioLlinares
11/22/2016 3:26 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Rociollinares
If I was ashamedYou did not make measurements for 8 hours that did not keep the previous measurements, as was reset or something.Nor did I understand her well, he finally sent me to the nurse and she gave me the pertinent pamphlet of publisity to get in touch with them.

Pinkunicorn
11/22/2016 3:32 p.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

The 8 -hour theme, do not worry, you will surely spend it more times, sometimes even an obsession, my daughter from time to time tells me heavy ... but what am I going to do ...

RocioLlinares
11/22/2016 3:36 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Ayyy those wonderful mothers, that we would do without you!
Thank you very much @rociollinares you have almost convinced me;)

Pinkunicorn
11/22/2016 3:41 p.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

The other day I wrote in the forum about the advantages that Freestyle Free Freestyle, now that I have my third sensor.

Now I think I have to talk about what I don't think so well and that Abott should improve: customer service.
While the sensor works, perfect.As soon as there are problems with the sensor, it must be taken into account that Abott is currently not offering the desirable service and I sincerely believe that demand is overcoming them and cannot respond as they should.

I explain: the sensors sometimes present divergences (and not a few times).I have part of yesterday and all morning with values.I check with my old Bayer meter and the margin of divergence is always superior to more than 50 mg/dl.I also have no hypo, but I have 5 days of sensor with some values ​​that it seems, they are not reliable.
>> I call Abott and they tell me that to document and demonstrate these divergences I must make parallel measurements on the finger (capillary) and that these measurements are only valid if they are made with meter/Abott strips.
These strips cannot offer them to verify because they do not have in stock and you have to wait for new manufacturing for which I must buy them in the pharmacy (with or without recipe).
>> I sincerely seem to me a lousy customer service.In any other pharmaceutical company, it would suffice to facilitate the lot number and expiration date and/or send the product for verification.

On the other hand, the sensors that have sent me have a next expiration date, so in February I will have to return four about to expire.

I think that the Free Style is giving an almost dangerous Abott monopoly if these points are not improved, which are not unimportant taking into account that the measurements must be reliable and that it is still a responsibility to supply poorly calibrated or defective sensors.

I hope this also serves as an incentive to other companies to improve what Abott is currently offering, since finally the diabetics will win with the improvements.At the moment, and if only Abott offers this type of product, it may afford not to offer customer service and the quality in the production that it must offer, and in this sense I think that much remains to be done, although the first stone has already been putAnd it only remains that the competition appears to copy and improve what is present.

eriantha's profile photo
eriantha
11/22/2016 5:24 p.m.

Hello.Now I find out that in some hospital they give the system.In Aragon that I know you have to pay it.Come on, I have been using since March 2015 and I have paid all the sensors.As for the customer service to say that in my case when I have called most of the time they took a lot to attend you but a couple of times I lost my sensor they replaced me without cost.

diegomiquel's profile photo
diegomiquel
11/22/2016 6:06 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde hace 25 años 6,4 Hb1aC

I am delighted @pinkunicorn, if you can afford it I recommend it 100%, in my case it has greatly facilitated my life, I anticipate the hypos, I do sports with total peace of mind because at all times I know how I am, the skin of the fingers almostI almost have it recovered (before it looked like a strainer and I began to be silent) I don't know, for me they are all advantages.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/22/2016 9:33 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Joooo, the punctures, although Rotes is hell.
Thanks for your tips @nigiri

Pinkunicorn
11/22/2016 9:59 p.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

sigsauer said:

@Anasyx keep in mind that the interstitial measurement carries a delay of 15-30 mnts with respect to the capillary and when it is going up or down that difference is not so abnormal either, when the glycems are stable almost the nailers but if you measure yourself in the middle ofFrom eating or descent, it is normal that it does not hit a result, you cannot ask for accuracy that they do not even have capillary glucometers.;)

Hello, with my last sensors, and the last two took the palm and I was thinking of callbetween 40 and 60 below the capillary.More or less stable during those three days.Before I gave me adequate measures.The one that I have now 24 hours, yesterday gave me measures between 10 and 20 below, which is usually common when they do not coincide.But today at seven in the morning I marked the free and capillary 107 on an empty stomach.stable and capillary 103. Without hiccup symptoms.With other sensors it ever happened to me.If it is after a thousand, okay.But if you spend days like this, I wonder why I want free.

Someone said he had contacted the company and had attended it well and had sent him new sensors to compensate for failures.Where have you found the phone?Only one form appears on the web.

Thanks, and good day ☺

imara's profile photo
imara
11/23/2016 9:48 a.m.

@imara, here are a phone.If you do not serve you well, hang and call again, there are great people.

Link

RocioLlinares
11/23/2016 10:16 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Thanks @rociollinares

imara's profile photo
imara
11/23/2016 10:21 a.m.

I am very well with the sensors.I use them since March 2016, so I have many to compare.Since May I take them in the buttock and they don't bother me with jeans or other pants.They cover my underwear and do not move.On the beach also more comfortable.
To work well the key to be with stable blood glucose and during the calibration time be very quiet, I sleep because it acts at 4-5 in the morning;The last two vary 5mg/dl with respect to the capillary that I always make before the main meals, sometimes not given the reliability of the last.

Hypo and hyperglycemia are controlled very well especially due to tendency dates.The only problem is the cost and failures they have ... I always change the one that has failed but it is a disorder to have to go to a post office to carry the package because they do not fit in the mailboxes.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/23/2016 12:05 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia, I have about 13 used sensors.It has happened to me, and I have always valued its use in a positive way.In some comment out there I already put it.But the differences that I comment seem excessive, and they are not avoiding the punctures of the meals after meals, because I no longer trust ... which makes me help me little.
When you say they have changed them when they have failed, what failures do you mean?Some like the ones I comment?Do you have to send the used sensor?(I have been putting them all together, so I don't know which one)
I suppose that on the phone that appears in the link that Rocío has put on me, they will explain everything to me, but if you give me any answer what I have advanced, because the sensor that I have been for two days is the last one that I have left ...
Thanks☺

imara's profile photo
imara
11/23/2016 12:23 p.m.

@imara, they will ask you for the sensor data, guide them with the box.When they take off they do not make you return it, but it is about variation of values, yes.In my case, two have changed us for doing badly, and next to the replacement sensor they sent me the bag to return the sensor.

RocioLlinares
11/23/2016 12:50 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.