{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

It is the first time I scan with the Glimp app.My glucometer says 93 and Glimp says 82. I have read that with the Glimp app can be calibrates the glycometer values ​​but I do not find where to put that data.I would appreciate if someone tells me.

fer123's profile photo
fer123
09/19/2016 5:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Fer123 On the sensor measurement screen at the top of the mobile to the right you have a ( +), you give and put the glucosis of the glucometer, you can put it 2 times for you to calibrate it.I also tell you that if the difference is little like the one you have put, it is not worth calibrating, it enters the normal difference of difference.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/19/2016 9:57 p.m.

I have tried the freestyle, and I will not try again.The sensor barely lasted a week, and the values ​​were very distant with the punctures on the finger.Among them hypoglycemia.
They also sent me a glucometer to make comparisons with mine, and the results were also discouraging for the differences.
I currently use the Onetouch Verio, and I am doing wonder.Hypoglycemia.
The ideal would be to bring a sneak that would let you know when you are going down to dangerous levels, but I think there is nothing reliable at the moment.

Nerin's profile photo
Nerin
09/20/2016 12:07 p.m.

@Fer123, I carry it in the buttock and it does not bother me.Yesterday he carried two, one on each side so that when activating it it was better.
At the moment as always 20mg below the capillary except when I wake up that measure the same.
@Nerin The important thing about free is the trend, not the value it gives you because it does not measure the same as the capillary.Free measures interstitial fluid and capillary measures in blood.The composition is not the same.
It is also important to know where and how you have put the sensor and when you have activated them.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/20/2016 1:12 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello everyone I have put it in my presentation but the same is better here, how can I hold the sensor of the
Freestyle I do a lot of sport and others and the sensors take off thanks and greetings

Macasqui's profile photo
Macasqui
09/20/2016 10:05 p.m.

Welcome @macasqui around here use all kinds of dressings and work quite well, tegaderm, fixomull, mepore, skin tac (dressing and liquid), kinesiotope (the strips of colors that use the fisios for injuries) etc ...question of trying one and that you do well ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/20/2016 10:09 p.m.

Thank you so much

Macasqui's profile photo
Macasqui
09/21/2016 4:29 a.m.

Hello

I have learned, I suppose you too, that the freestyle is also sold in Chile, through the Diabetes Foundation (first thing that has missed me) here they are extremely closed and cannot be bought if it is not through its ownpage.Do you know what price they sell it there?

helora's profile photo
helora
09/24/2016 3:55 p.m.

helora said:
hello

I have learned, I suppose you too, that the freestyle is also sold in Chile, through the Diabetes Foundation (first thing that has missed me) here they are extremely closed and cannot be bought if it is not through its ownpage.Do you know what price they sell it there?

No idea of ​​the subject, I live in Spain.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/24/2016 6:07 p.m.

How much does the freestyle cost, I suppose k cheap will not?

Josénriq's profile photo
Josénriq
09/25/2016 12:43 p.m.

Josénriq said:
How much does the freestyle cost, I suppose k cheap will not?

Here are @Josénriq all the information:

Link

It is not cheap but within the different systems to monitor the glycemic values ​​without clicking you is the cheapest and the one that does not require a large amount of money as an initial investment

DiabetesForo
09/25/2016 1:26 p.m.

I must be a bit "weirdo" ... I have been wearing it since June and has never taken off.bag and even that of the bra ..... nor has it moved.
As for the difference between the sensor and the capillary glucose they range between 10 and 15, so for my perfect !!!
In some cases of hypos, it is true that it takes a bit to find out that I am already well, but I know myself enough to "ignore it" in those cases and give it a few extra minutes (15 or 20) so that the values ​​are similar to thecapillary.
In my case to all who ask me I recommend it, it gives me a lot of freedom, and above all comfort, although I was already an expert in making me a glycemia standing in the subway ...... This is much more comfortable!!!

I have only had problems with a sensor, and I don't even think about claiming because I am aware that I was who placed it badly.
My arm is fine and I put it so that not all the diameter had support surface ... so it moved. It squeezed it strongly (although I knew that the filament had come out).At the time the reader told me that the data could not be read. Of the anger that I had, I started the sensor, and being so stuck, and not having worn anything, I made a beautiful hematoma (burrita that is one)

Ervy's profile photo
Ervy
09/27/2016 4:15 p.m.

Guys,

By mistake I registered with two emails on the Free Style website and, without realizing it, I have requested with incorrect mail.Will it have an impact on something?Will the sensor serial number be compatible with that of the reader?I think they were to match something ... What scratch is entering me.

Thank you.

Vitrichenko's profile photo
Vitrichenko
10/02/2016 8:11 p.m.

vitrichenko said:
guys, boys,

By mistake I registered with two emails on the Free Style website and, without realizing it, I have requested with incorrect mail.Will it have an impact on something?Will the sensor serial number be compatible with that of the reader?I think they were to match something ... What scratch is entering me.

Thank you.

Any sensor can be used by anyone and the reader who activates that sensor will be the only one who can read it ... that is, here "there is no divorce," hehehe.The sensor can deceive the reader with others, but the reader cannot deceive the sensor with others.

Out and metaphor several: the sensor you have to activate with your reader and then you can use the Android applications in the mobile.If the reader wants to activate another sensor and activates it, the first sensor stops working

DiabetesForo
10/02/2016 8:54 p.m.

Hello friends, in a few months I will travel to the USA and I have thought that perhaps the sensors may be cheaper, someone has bought them there or knows someone who has done it?
Greetings to all.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/03/2016 3:56 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I think free is not sold in the USA.I do not understand these things ... in Spain we do not have the bomb is without omnipod cable, which looks very good, there are not free ...
As for the dexcom, I just were looking for it on American websites and came out more expensive.I don't know if any partner knows more

albertot's profile photo
albertot
10/03/2016 5:12 p.m.

Thank you @albertoT I was ever read that someone had bought there or asked someone from there or something but it was from another meter

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/03/2016 6:03 p.m.

No, free is not sold in the USA.It has not yet been approved by the FDA.They have only approved a "Capada" version in which you carry the sensor put without being able to see anything and then your health professional is downloaded to analyze the data.
Business mysteries.

nachemi's profile photo
nachemi
10/03/2016 11:24 p.m.

Ok, thanks @nachemi
Another thing, I just gave me a reading error, I put me, sensor error, try in ten minutes to read the glucose, has it ever happened to you?@-)

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/04/2016 10:07 a.m.

@nigiri, yes, it happened to me 2 or 3 times, in less than 10 minutes you pass it again and it already works, mysteries of technology.The funny thing is that you spend your mobile with the unofficial applications of Abbott and read normally ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/04/2016 11:28 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.