{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

pepita said:
hello, I tell my experience: super happy!I have 3 free freestyle sensors and I have only given 3 pinzachos on the finger to check, and always accurate.For me it is 100% reliable, even making routes in the mountain I have been 100%.
The only "bad" that takes off for sweat soon, creams, bathrooms ... I cover it with a transparent dressing from the 7th day.
Chao!

Although I also do enough sport, I'm not very sweat, maybe that also greatly influences adhesion.I only remember on one occasion that I did calistenia and went to great intensity and also with a lot of heat.I ended up sweating more than a piglet in the house oven, hehehe and took off.I use tegaderm without problems in those cases

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/23/2016 12:03 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good @joseludi ... if I cover with Tegaderm from the first day ... I am convinced that the measurements are more precise ... and the truth is that I do not find it uncomfortable ... you do not have to be aware of hooks or takeoffs... and ensure the 14 days of use.

ranty's profile photo
ranty
08/23/2016 12:54 a.m.

Yesterday a very curious message came out for the first time:
"Too hot sensor"
I was on the beach, sunbathing...
Before I marked me, it ... and I thought I had failed me because the capillary gave me 125 but with the warmth it has started to function great without putting it hours before activating it.

I get adhesive from the first second one that I hit it

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/23/2016 9:27 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
yesterday a very curious message came out for the first time:
"Too hot sensor"
Before I marked me, it ... and I thought I had failed me because the capillary gave me 125 but with the warmth it has started to function great without putting it hours before activating it.

You know, when it goes wrong to the microwave.Hahaha

DiabetesForo
08/23/2016 9:49 p.m.

ruthbia said:
yesterday a very curious message came out for the first time:
"Too hot sensor"

I have gotten into the sauna at about 85 degrees a couple of times with the sensor on and that has never come out, how long you had to tosta in the sun, to the point or just back and forth ...

: (((

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/23/2016 9:59 p.m.

@Ruthbia never came out that message, although this year to the beach I have gone less, but if I do not stop working and it goes well.That message if I ever got out at the Accouck Meter but I put it in the shade for a while and it's going well.
@joseludi I also put from the first day the aposty on top, but it does not go better or worse to take it, I think it depends more on the sensor, some are better than others

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
08/24/2016 noon

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

gemater said:

@joseludi I also put from the first day the Apit on, but I don't go better or worse to take it, I think it depends more on the sensor, some are better than others

@Gemater, I do not use apostites from the first day, I just put the tegaderm when I see that it is taking off.So I have been able to save a few sensors.Maybe you have been confused with @ranty

DiabetesForo
08/24/2016 6:27 p.m.

@joseludi Yes, I have the name.I refer to @ranty when saying that the measurements were more precise

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
08/24/2016 6:58 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

In my view @gemater it is like that ... although logically it also depends on the sensor .. and many other factors that we surely do not take into account.

ranty's profile photo
ranty
08/24/2016 8:54 p.m.

@ranty Well, surely there are more factors because at least in my case, some go perfect and others go alone in that way.Little by little we are taking tricks, but of course if something will have to continue doing it, as in your case the aposty

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
08/24/2016 9:32 p.m.

Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Well, I had the sun and a black bikini in the sun (I carry it in gluteo).Glimp measured me well, LibreLink gave me mistake and free I measured something strange.
If I have noticed that since I put mild measures me better.All 15mg/dl below the capillary.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/25/2016 12:04 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

To tell them that finally after so many sensors that did not work for this last sensor it seems that it is working much better, with more approximate, almost nailed data.
This one is put in glute

Leticia21's profile photo
Leticia21
08/27/2016 2:07 a.m.

Hi @Leticia21, I'm glad I resulted in changing zone.To me on the forearm, I measured me well although somewhat unstable, instead in the lateral part of the belly the adhesion improves a lot (in my case) and I notice that the readings are more stable, as if the variations of glucose in that area were moreslow (there I have fat even to make soap, it will be that's why I suppose).On the other hand, the deviation regarding capillary is a bit larger, but always the same, around 8-10 % below.Normally I trust the Liapp, that when I am stable, the official reader usually gives me values ​​below the real, even if I spend it every 8 hours to not lose readings and that the glycosylated calculates me, although I know that aLittle lower than real.

DiabetesForo
08/29/2016 11:58 a.m.

Good afternoon everyone.I've been looking for the forum for hours, but I can't find the answer, so if I repeat myself in my consultation I apologize.

Yesterday I started my free freestyle and today (before 24h) it has stopped working.I have called customer service and they tell me that they send me another in 3-4 days.Unfortunately I have no more sensors within date, but a friend gave me 2 sensors that have expired since July 31 and I have doubts about it:
1/ If I put one of these sensors, will it work properly?Will you stop just being expired?
2/ If I call customer service to me for some new?

At the moment my experience with this system is optimal in terms of results, but of course not in terms of reliability.

I hope you can help me.Thank you.

rbordes's profile photo
rbordes
08/29/2016 7:27 p.m.

Una vida con diabetes... 32 de 36.

rbordes said:
good afternoon to all.I've been looking for the forum for hours, but I can't find the answer, so if I repeat myself in my consultation I apologize.

Yesterday I started my free freestyle and today (before 24h) it has stopped working.I have called customer service and they tell me that they send me another in 3-4 days.Unfortunately I have no more sensors within date, but a friend gave me 2 sensors that have expired since July 31 and I have doubts about it:
1/ If I put one of these sensors, will it work properly?Will you stop just being expired?
2/ If I call customer service to me for some new?

At the moment my experience with this system is optimal in terms of results, but of course not in terms of reliability.

I hope you can help me.Thank you.

If a expired sensor will work for you, I have no idea but it is a matter of trying it.I don't think your friend is changing it because it is the responsibility of her that has expired not Abbot.

Try and if you give you readings it is only a matter of verifying that they are similar to the capillary.If so, honey on flakes and no longer speaks, a expired sensor would work.If you don't work for you, I don't think Abbot replaces you, the first thing is that your friend bought it and she has expired for not having used it.With you with more reason I do not think they will return it because they will surely ask you for the sensor's serial number and see that you have not bought it.

Good luck with the sensor, you will tell us if it is worth it, at least I would be interested and many too

DiabetesForo
08/29/2016 11:57 p.m.

I think that.But before putting the sensor I will call customer service to see what they tell me and, as they almost certainly replace them, I will try if they work.Of lost to the river.

rbordes's profile photo
rbordes
08/30/2016 12:45 a.m.

Hello,
Freestyle has an application called Liberlink.
Can you tell me how can I install it?
Greetings.

hijodetroya's profile photo
hijodetroya
09/01/2016 1:14 p.m.

Hello @hijodetroya,

If you use Android you just have to enter Link and click on install.I am using it conjutally with the meter and the comfort it supposes is wonderful.

To use it together with the meter you must start the sensor with the meter and then do the same with the app before an hour passes (the logical thing is to do it immediately after).You should know that the measures of one or another device are not transfered to the other, but the curve is exactly the same.

I hope I have helped you.

rbordes's profile photo
rbordes
09/01/2016 2:16 p.m.

Rbordes.
Good information, complete.
One more question: can you only add 1 mobile?

hijodetroya's profile photo
hijodetroya
09/01/2016 3:33 p.m.

Well, I have not tried it, but by logic (my logic) you should be able to add more.In the background the emitter (sensor) is an NFC device that transmits the info to another NFC capable of reading so you should be able to add as many as you are capable in that space of 60 minutes after activating the meter.I try the next sensor.

rbordes's profile photo
rbordes
09/01/2016 3:35 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.