{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

Yes, but Abbot has to make it clear the limitations of the product. That is a risk treatment.That is why I say they have to improve it before selling it as reliable with an error of 15%.
There are sensors that are far from that margin.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/09/2016 1:32 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

And the worst part is that they advertise it as the end of the punctures, when they know that it is not so and they themselves recommend making hair to make decisions.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
08/09/2016 1:39 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Completely in accordance with the last two comments, it is simple, they are cheating on the staff and the competent authority is allowing and authorizing it.And I say the same thing I will continue using it knowing its benefits, failures and limitations, but it costs me about 500 euros to value them and are lying in the product they sell.

fjf's profile photo
fjf
08/09/2016 2:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

They know that the quality of life improves, in any way., But they cannot lie with false advertising
That they say exactly what they sell, and we will decide with knowledge of cause ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/09/2016 2:30 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Well, they have not yet answered the last sensor's failure.But I have sent it documented, with ABBOTT Insulinx capillaries and free.Irrefutable tests.

@Leticia21 It may be that you don't have enough fat in your arm because you have thin.It measures me well in the buttock but not just online of the panty, I have lowered it a little more and it is better;It is seen that if I have more fat.The same as with insulin;I am doing well under the navel, I don't have enough fat to act quickly.

It totally agrees that free has much to improve.Especially in the subject reliability and unforeseen failures.If they do not get a good glue, give the tegaderm or the adhesive they want with the sensor just as the cleaning wipe comes.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/09/2016 4:10 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

My daughter puts the sensor leaving it hours before initializing it, like @joseludi.Normally it is inserted in the morning, and initializes it at night that is usually the most stable moment, when more than four hours of dinner and the last bolus have passed, and it is working only with the basal, which in principleThe night has quite well adjusted and remains at stable levels.
I have already read in several places that the sensor in the ass goes with the cinema, my daughter does not want, he wears it on the arm (and it is enough for me to convince her to put it on).
It is now in a rebound phase and says that between the pump and the sensor it looks like Robocop hehehe).
The truth is that when the sensors go fine, the free helps a lot, but things as they are ... if I had more pasta, I would have thrown me on an iron for the Dexcom.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
08/09/2016 4:46 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

The glycemia in interstitial fluid I believe that they will never be or similar to those of the blood glucometer, so for that part they will never be comparable, in fact, to make important decisions we always resort to the capillary glucometer.Free-Dexcom serves what they serve, especially to see trends throughout the day, know how a certain food or a certain sport affects you or to give you some security when you go to the supermarket or to the beach and by this rule of 3 3And as it seems that people see only failures and in the end we always turn to the capillary, I think that social security never and say will never finance the purchase of sensors, at most to a percentage of the sensors butKnowing that in the end they will have to keep supplying reactive strips and the reliability of the MCG seems to be very there, we will stay with the desire to see € 1 for the purchase of sensors ..

That Abbott's advertising is misleading, totally agrees, but we hope, they are commercial and publicists and all they intend is to get pasta, let's not fool ourselves.That with that type of advertising of "no more punctures" is lying and should be punishable and more when we talk about our health, of course but considering that this is a country of botijo ​​and tambourine and that half of politiciansThey are primed by power lobbys, in this case the laboratories, because that, I would like to know me if in Britain or Germany they have allowed that type of advertising to those of Abbott.

In the end, that even being a expensive product, full of failures and "half cook" are taking pasta through a tube and we continue to use it ..

Ale, sorry for the sheet, I've already vents for a while !!:(

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/09/2016 9:36 p.m.

sigsauer said:
glycemia in interstitial fluid I think they will never be or similar to those of the blood glucometer so that for that part they will never be comparable, in fact, to make decisionsImportant we always turn to the hair glucometer.Free-Dexcom serves what they serve, especially to see trends throughout the day, know how a certain food or a certain sport affects you or to give you some security when you go to the supermarket or to the beach and by this rule of 3 3And as it seems that people see only failures and in the end we always turn to the capillary, I think that social security never and say will never finance the purchase of sensors, at most to a percentage of the sensors butKnowing that in the end they will have to keep supplying reactive strips and the reliability of the MCG seems to be very there, we will stay with the desire to see € 1 for the purchase of sensors ..

That Abbott's advertising is misleading, totally agrees, but we hope, they are commercial and publicists and all they intend is to get pasta, let's not fool ourselves.That with that type of advertising of "no more punctures" is lying and should be punishable and more when we talk about our health, of course but considering that this is a country of botijo ​​and tambourine and that half of politiciansThey are primed by power lobbys, in this case the laboratories, because that, I would like to know me if in Britain or Germany they have allowed that type of advertising to those of Abbott.

In the end, that even being a expensive product, full of failures and "half cook" are taking pasta through a tube and we continue to use it ..

Ale, sorry for the sheet, I've already vents for a while !!:(

I agree with almost everything @sigauer, here it seems that this is shit and it is not.He who is not comfortable not to buy it, anyone forces.I usually try it every 2 or 3 days and if I see that it is reliable to make dose decisions with free.I must be a weirdo or not but it is good for me.It may also be that they only think (and bad) to those who do not work.

As for advertising is misleading, yes, it is, and it is not only in Spain.They say goodbye to punctures in advertising in all countries (attached screenshot of the United Kingdom page)

You Can Do It Without Lancets (you can do it without lancetas)
WHY PRICK WHEN YOU CAN SCAN?(Why click when you can scan?)

It is a expensive product, we agree.It is not 100% and which product is 100% perfect?But I will continue with him because it works for me and I am not tied as it would be if I had the Dexcom.Tomorrow comes something better and more affordable?Perfect.Goodbye, Bye, Ciao, Free Adeu

What cannot be is that if someone is thinking of buying the free is to be guided by the experiences that are discussed here because 95% are of people who are not doing well.The one that is interested in prove and you will know if it should be followed or not buying it

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/09/2016 10:14 p.m.

I forgot to attach the image of the free in the United Kingdom

DiabetesForo
08/09/2016 10:16 p.m.

But it cannot be that whoever is thinking about buying free believes that he will stop using the glucometer because he can trust the sensor as well as in the glucometer.That is what I mean with misleading advertising.
The 15% error is the one that is admitted in the glucometers, but there are sensors that have much more error than that.
And do not warn of it.
If all sensors work with the same margin of error, there would be no problem.The danger is that some measure well and others not.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/10/2016 12:19 a.m.

And I do not say that it is not a great help, but I know people who trust the sensor as much as the glucometer, and that it makes all the decisions from free.
That is the danger of that advertising.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/10/2016 12:27 a.m.

I have proven that it does not matter many hours before.I read where it is important for the filament to be impregnated well with interstitial liquid.The latter is luxurious and activated 3 hours after putting it on me;In between breakfast and came to the OFI that when sitting I usually be stable all morning.

Others that I have put and activated at the moment have also done well because I have sat down to read or see a movie the 60 minutes of the calibration.
My opinion is that the key is to put it in an area with fat, be relaxed the calibration time and with stable blood glucose.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/10/2016 11:57 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

regina said:
but it cannot be that whoever is thinking about buying free believes that he will stop using the glucometer because he can trust the sensor as much as in the glucometer.That is what I mean with misleading advertising.
The 15% error is the one that is admitted in the glucometers, but there are sensors that have much more error than that.
And do not warn of it.
If all sensors work with the same margin of error, there would be no problem.The danger is that some measure well and others not.

I agree that advertising is misleading and being a matter of health and so much danger should not be allowed in any country.

DiabetesForo
08/10/2016 6:29 p.m.

regina said:
and I do not say that it is not a great help, but I know people who trust the sensor as much as the glucometer, and that it makes all the decisions from free.
That is the danger that advertising has.

@Regina, I am one of those people who make decisions from free, but always before making sure that sensor is reliable.When I start it, the first and second day I compare several times, and if I do well, I only compare every 3 or 4 days, it depends.If it gives me some figures that do not fit me, I compare it with the capillary.In good sensors, maybe I have made the capillary 2 or 3 times in a week.

The danger is who with the eyes closed trusts the free

DiabetesForo
08/10/2016 6:32 p.m.

ruthbia said:
I have proven that it doesn't matter many hours before.I read where it is important for the filament to be impregnated well with interstitial liquid.The latter is luxurious and activated 3 hours after putting it on me;In between breakfast and came to the OFI that when sitting I usually be stable all morning.

Others that I have put and activated at the moment have also done well because I have sat down to read or see a movie the 60 minutes of the calibration.
My opinion is that the key is to put it in an area with fat, the time of calibration and with stable blood glucose is relaxed.

The first one that I put on I did nothing but put it on, activate it and at the time it gave me a difness with the capillary of about 5 of difference I think.Then I read that it was good to put it 24 hours before.Recently I have read that it is good to put it on stable glucose and I have also done it like that.It might

DiabetesForo
08/10/2016 6:35 p.m.

With Dexcom you can make decisions without problem.When it works badly it is because you have it for many days, and it shows well because the graph is erratic.

In Dexcom a sensor that frequently gives more than 20 difference with capillary is a bad sensor.
I only calibrate once a day, fasting, and rarely the difference is more than 10.

The Dexcom G5 and the G4 Share (Firmware 505) are approved to make decisions without prior consultation with capillary.

Of course, for what you tell, when free enters social security, I will have to continue ruining myself, since it has no alarms and the lack of precision, it is useless.

More competitors are needed in the MCG market to put the batteries, this is a shame.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/10/2016 8:54 p.m.

I have called today because the one I put on Sunday continues to give me great differences ... no if it is because I did not put it in a stable moment or I do not know ... which I think does not put in the instructions, I have only read ithere.
The girl who speaks told me to give me 150 and in blood 220 was normal ... put it in a calculator they have and was normal.Then I also marked all night and in 110/120 capillary.The arguments that they gave me are that everyone does not feel the sensor and I tell him that the decisions I made having 150 would not be the same as with 220 and he told me that the sensor is reality is a guide for trend and trendGraphs but that for insulin and the rest you have to prick ... then as promote is a hoax.
Ahh also the previous sensor fell three days before I finished and they sent me a new one.

Leticia21's profile photo
Leticia21
08/10/2016 9:32 p.m.

artories said:
with dexcom you can make decisions without problem.When it works badly it is because you have it for many days, and it shows well because the graph is erratic.

In Dexcom a sensor that frequently gives more than 20 difference with capillary is a bad sensor.
I only calibrate once a day, fasting, and rarely the difference is more than 10.

The Dexcom G5 and the G4 Share (Firmware 505) are approved to make decisions without prior consultation with capillary.

Of course, for what you tell, when free enters social security, I will have to continue ruining myself, since it has no alarms and the lack of precision, it is useless.

More competitors are needed in the MCG market to put the batteries, this is a shame.

@Arotorias, you have to make a capillary once a day, I can get perfectly several days.

As for accuracy, the one you see here people who say that it is wrong. Does that mean that most do it badly?

How many will be well, read this forum and do not answer or participate?How many will have to do well and do not know that this forum exists?On the other hand to which it is going wrong, it has the need to inform and use forums and facebook groups

That has no alarms?Five thousand one hundred seventeen times has already been repeated that they need for unnoticed hypos that throws the Dexcom head.The one who does not need does not have to tie with a very strong investment to the Dexcom.

Do not miss the alarms and buy the Dexcom just for them is like living in the North Pole and buying a car with air conditioning ;-)

DiabetesForo
08/10/2016 9:48 p.m.

leticia21 said:

That is not normal @Leticia21.I insist again and change it to you.Do not think of feeling guilty because you have not put it at a time that you did not have the stable glucose, where has you read in the abbot instructions that have to do that?That is what people say for experience not because of what Abbot's have said.The truth is that in the ABBOT advice issue it has a zero pattero, figurate that a month ago I received an email with a small guide to interpret the reports.As they say in my town: Good hours green sleeves!

Here what would be missing is 5 or 6 totally viable options and you will see how they did not behave with us as they do or put those prices

DiabetesForo
08/10/2016 9:53 p.m.

@Leticia21, call and tell them that he has taken off ... at least they change this and then you decide whether to continue with him.
@Artorias, if social security covers it in the end, you can try, it does not have to go wrong, we must not lose faith.As @joseludi says, not everyone works badly, in our case we are very happy, and I know people who are also phenomenal.Alarms ??That is what I miss, in this case I would not get up twice every night to measure my daughter ... but we did not decide for the Dexcom for the initial investment, it was to risk without knowing that my daughter would like to take it,At your age these things influence a lot, and now you do not want to talk about changing, the fate is that my daughter at the moment does notice the symptoms.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
08/11/2016 9:57 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.