{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

nigiri said:
@rociollinares How do I ask for control solutions for freestyle?

Call Abbott, you tell them what happens to you that the sensor leaves a lot of measure with respect to the capilla.

There has been much talk about the "precision" of the free and there is everything but if you are very stable, the sensor is not going well, in our case after two sensors in the upper part of the ass. The measurements have improved a lot, I hope thatIt was not a coincidence.

fjf's profile photo
fjf
08/03/2016 2:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you @fjf I have sent an email and see what they tell me, if in a couple of days they have not answered, I will call

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/03/2016 3:48 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@nigiri, are hair measurement strips.If you are called you will gain time.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
08/03/2016 3:50 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Yes but from what I see you can do a control solution test as in normal glucometers and I would also like to have it to know that the meter is fine @rociollinares

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/03/2016 5:02 p.m.

Paint the thing!

About 10 days ago I spoiled the port where the strips to do the capillary analysis, I called Abbot and they have sent me a replacement.

I have taken advantage of the fact that I had two and test for two sensors "in my cannes" at the same time, the one who was running out and the one that began.The results cannot be more promising.Although you see differences of a few minutes between one reader and another, the test was followed, what happens is that the time is not correctly put on the new.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/03/2016 10:30 p.m.

And here the FreeLink screenshot right now to see it too :-)

The blank space that you see is due (and I just realized now) that I have forgotten to spend the LibreLink for a few hours and of course, I no longer hold the data of the expired sensor

DiabetesForo
08/03/2016 10:34 p.m.

@joseludi because you have been lucky .... That has only happened to me with a sensor.All others deviate between 10-20 mg below.The one that I have now expires in 13 days is diverted 10mg/dl below.Anyway, apps and free measure always measure .... try to measure with the mobile and glymp application ...

I have the Abbott strips for the free but when I have tried they measure up to 40 mg/dl of difference with the other abbott cap that I have.And they need a very fat drop of blood, if it lacks, it only gives you 5 SG to put more and change it.The other glucometer (inslulinx) gives you at least 1min and needs a tiny drop.

In my opinion, what the free fails is that it does not consider capillary measurement to recalculate the sensor reading.It is a cheap improvement that can put and help you have more real curves.

@nigiri, when you go to the educator, she calibrates the glucometer with special reactive strips.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/04/2016 9:16 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Until September I have no appointment, I go to those of Pontones that are those of the FJD, will it do it to me @ruthbia?

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/04/2016 9:28 a.m.

Yeah;In pontones they do it to me ... also in the Plaza de Cristo Rey.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/04/2016 9:34 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

On September 8 I have the appointment, I hope because I go on vacation next week and I think I will also walk with glucometer just because I go to the beach.
Surely we have crossed more than once !!@Ruthbia :)

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/04/2016 9:36 a.m.

Well, sure ... I have an appointment on September 2 but this time in Christ King.
I leave cows next week ... and I have to do with how I do the analytics that the doctor has asked me ... I will still have to go back to Madrid.

Tip, I have only taken a fast and mobile pen on the beach with Glimp and LibreLink applications ... you save weight leaving the glucometers at home, after all, the mobile we take it everywhere.Then back in the dinners or breakfasts if I have used the capillary and free glucometer to dump data

Enjoy!!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/04/2016 9:46 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@Joseludi because you have been lucky .... that has only happened to me with a sensor.All others deviate between 10-20 mg below.The one that I have now expires in 13 days is diverted 10mg/dl below.Anyway, apps and free measure always measure .... try to measure with the mobile and glymp application ...

I have the Abbott strips for the free but when I have tried they measure up to 40 mg/dl of difference with the other abbott cap that I have.And they need a very fat drop of blood, if it lacks, it only gives you 5 SG to put more and change it.The other glucometer (inslulinx) gives you at least 1min and needs a tiny drop.

In my opinion, what the free fails is that it does not consider capillary measurement to recalculate the sensor reading.It is a cheap improvement that can put and help you have more real curves.

@nigiri, when you go to the educator, she calibrates the glucometer with special reactive strips.

@ruthbia, the measurements are of two different sensors and a capillary at the same time.So far I am very lucky, I can tell the fingers of one hand those that have gone badly, and I have half of the fingers :-)

I sometimes happens to me that the free measures me 10 or 20 above a few days, and then it passes the same with the same sensor.Each one is a different universe, hehehe

In accordance with the fact that there should be a way to calibrate the reader, in addition to seeing the slow units, being able to add many more notes, see those notes along with their measurement in the report, in short that he has many things left to improve.

Let's see if those daily patches come out and there are more competition and prices lower

DiabetesForo
08/04/2016 10:24 a.m.

I complained to Abbott that the need for blood in the free strips was a lot, and they told me that in case of verification it serves them with any capillary that is yours.The educator gave me one and prescribed her strips.In addition, Abbott has no way to check that you do the checks.

RocioLlinares
08/04/2016 10:59 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@nigiri, my daughter uses Menarini's capillary and does not have control solution either.

RocioLlinares
08/04/2016 11 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Rociollinares I do, with all the glucometers I have always sent me the control solution, moreover, I am wrong but I think I remember that when I was little every time you used a new strips box you had to do some type of controlo Machine calibration

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/04/2016 11:16 a.m.

It seems that the sensor is regulating, this morning with him 160 and with capillary 180 ... Now what I lack is to regulate the fasting sugar that for some reason that I do not go to get up with 80 - 90 to have around200 :(

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/05/2016 9:07 a.m.

mood @nigiri my new sensor measures 20 below and this week I have insulin resistance, it takes almost 5 hours to lower breakfast.I have reviewed the pen and it works well ... I had thought about the end of the honeymoon, but from 14:00 I am going well, I have no problems, as always ... It must be the ovulation in a beast plan.

It is the first time I put the sensor 12 hours before the previous one explodes but I am the same ... variations of 10 to 20 mg below.
My glucometers are Abbott the two and the free with blood marks me 20 above as the electronic sensor, as well as the insulinx .

By the way, I have put it in the buttock again but it hurts, at first it is the first hours, but today in insufferable, I have leaning on the subway car and it has given me a puncture that still hurts me ... lo lo la lo lo la lo lo lace lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo laI have caught a nerve ... I still have 12 days with this sensor!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/05/2016 11:09 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

pffff ... hopefully no and the thing improves @ruthbia !!I of the ovulation in a beast plan takes me two months, two weeks before the rule I have the very high glycems and at the time that lowers me, everything perfect, I do not know, I am a little scratched with the subject and apart I am I amGoing up the triesiba, we will see how events take place!In a week I go on vacation and I hope you have no setbacks, the truth.
Let's see what happens to your sensor but if it hurts a lot you should change it, even if they are € 60 but to see if a nerve is caught or something

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/06/2016 12:34 a.m.

@Ruthbia, I think like Nigiri, if you hurt you a lot you should take it out, if you follow the problem.
And you always have the option to call them, tell them that you carry it in your arm and that it has taken off.(He knows me badly for Abbott but it's € 60 !!!

RocioLlinares
08/06/2016 9:56 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

He knows me badly but for @ruthbia that hurts, Abbott that gives them enough business already doing :))

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/06/2016 10:05 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.